Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OddObserver posted:

Huh, didn't have that much efficiency leveling there, but I've only done it for 60+.

I had the benefit of other people doing the work and writing out the macros for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Note Block posted:

Mine is Kwehzacoatl and my S/O's is Panzerkwehwagon.

Kwehzacoatl is so good. I just went with Warkus (Marcus from FF9, but chocobo-y)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Who wants some cursed knowledge:

https://twitter.com/Mcstronghuge/status/1341585144457682948

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/Loudwindow/status/1341402920697425924?s=20

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I can kinda see why Matoya didn’t make a lot of these

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

are the npc hair textures meant to have weird horizontal lines on them?

its kinda distracting during closeups in cutscenes and im worried i have like bad textures or something from starting out on the free trial version of the game

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I noticed that too. I think it's just shadow artifacts

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That's just how the hair looks. It's a little distracting during cutscenes, but you'll never notice it during normal gameplay.

There's a mod you can get that has higher-res hair textures, but I haven't tried it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

juggalo baby coffin posted:

are the npc hair textures meant to have weird horizontal lines on them?

its kinda distracting during closeups in cutscenes and im worried i have like bad textures or something from starting out on the free trial version of the game

The game is 8 years old and has textures that need to be able to be able to be rendered dozens of times on a base model ps4. Older assets were designed with the ps3 in mind.

What I'm getting at is yeah, that's what it's supposed to look like.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I named my chocobo 'Ortolan' because it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Note: I don't do Savage/Extreme fights because I don't care.

Fister Roboto posted:

Healers, I cannot stress this enough, don't do this. Dead people aren't going to get any deader, it's totally OK to leave them on the ground while you keep people (or yourself) alive. Normal duties don't have a time limit enrage. Most stack mechanics are designed so that you only need two or three people to share them, not the entire party. Wait for your swiftcast to come up, or a window where you know it's safe to slow rez, or let your summoners and red mages help you (ps: prioritize rezzing summoners and red mages), or wait for LB3 if you're close.

I prioritize dead people because it sucks to be on the floor while a cool fight is going on.

Sam Sanskrit posted:

The rookie mistake is keeping your hots up on tanks (or anyone) at all times. They are only of value if you get a lot of the heal from the ticks. Otherwise you are better off spending the GCD on damage. One of the best ways to move out of the midrange of healer DPS is to keep an eye on your regens and make sure they are actually doing anything and cut them if not.

I use Regen and Medica II as way to set it and forget it. In most cases, both of them are enough to keep the tank going while I DPS.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

they should give astrologian a blood lily type system where they can draw part of a set of cards like that exodia guy from that awful yugioh cartoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ifxa9oXWlI

except maybe its called like CALAMITY'S GLIMPSE or something appropriately anime and it's themed around predictions of umbral calamities. maybe you can cast it with just a couple of cards but its weaker, or keep getting more and make it stronger. it could be themed around different calamity elements for each tier

idk it would be cool

Yugioh (up to VRAINS) is a great cartoon. How dare you.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Logged into Limsa this morning and there was a Christmas themed dance party going on while a band was playing “The Sound of Silence”. Extremely 2020.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I have a fishing linkshell.

I'll start figuring out which routes have titles and try to get groups together. I'm gonna be ocean fishing for the foreseeable future. Bug me on CGB or in game.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Phone posted:

I'll start figuring out which routes have titles and try to get groups together. I'm gonna be ocean fishing for the foreseeable future. Bug me on CGB or in game.

I’d like to do this but I’m not on Excal! Is this a CWLS?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Note Block posted:

I’d like to do this but I’m not on Excal! Is this a CWLS?

It is not but I could spin one up

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I should start ocean fishing... I still haven't even gone once

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I went once, but I didn't understand it.

How do I get the mount?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Phone posted:

whats your name in game

i still need the shark mount

RedRaven
Sep 11, 2001

He's going to SHOCK the world!

Awesome! posted:

whats your name in game

i still need the shark mount

Pretty sure that’s Phone Number on Excalibur.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ither posted:

I prioritize dead people because it sucks to be on the floor while a cool fight is going on.

If you prioritize rezzing people over healing people who need it, then you're more likely to cause even more people to have to sit on the floor.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, that's the real amateur move healers pull. Can't count how many times I've died in raids as a tank, because the healers were busy slow ressing people, or how many times unavoidable aoe has burned down the rest of the dps because the healers had to pick someone off the floor.

Dead people don't get more dead, but healers can prevent the others from joining them.

At this point people are lucky if I even cast raise without swiftcast.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Basically only hardcast raise if you're a healer and there's like a big transition where nothing's going to happen for a bit, or you're coordinating with the other healer, or if you're like a summoner and all the healers are dead and swiftcast is down and it's that or wipe.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't even swift raise people unless I can guarantee there's an upcoming mechanic that won't kill them before I can heal them, because they sure as gently caress aren't gonna wait until its safe with their invuln buff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lol I only learned that the invincibility falls off as soon you act like a month or two ago

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I killed three people in my static in E9S last week because I didn't realize that the immunity fell off when you use Sprint so I ran through their tiles and deleted them

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol I only learned that the invincibility falls off as soon you act like a month or two ago

Oh..this sounds like something I really should know, but don't...

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Based on what I know about glamour plates:

If I have 2 classes with the same stateline like SCH and WHM, I will never be able to ahve them have different looks since my best gear will be glamoured onto the other job's plate, right?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Baron Porkface posted:

If I have 2 classes with the same stateline like SCH and WHM, I will never be able to ahve them have different looks since my best gear will be glamoured onto the other job's plate, right?

Yes and no. If you glamour your healer gear, it will continue to have that appearance when you switch jobs because it's the same item. This is only relevant if you switch jobs outside of a major city though because you can't apply glamour plates. If you're in a city just apply a different plate, it's free.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arist posted:

I killed three people in my static in E9S last week because I didn't realize that the immunity fell off when you use Sprint so I ran through their tiles and deleted them

Conversely, figuring out that rez immunity lets you ignore the tiles is what let us clear E9S :buddy:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

OddObserver posted:

Oh..this sounds like something I really should know, but don't...

When someone is raised, they have a damage immunity buff that makes them immune to most damage and effects. It's basically a mini hallowed ground. Instant wipe mechanics, walls, damageless knockbacks, etc. will go through, but otherwise the character is invincible for 6-8 seconds I think? There's an icon that was recently introduced to indicate this as well.

The player can move, but this effect is dispelled as soon as the player starts any action (an attack, spell cast, item, sprint, etc.)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Baron Porkface posted:

You can make a different glamour plate for each job. I have the AST artifact gear, WHM artifact gear, and a generic healer set all at the same time. You need to make sure you switch jobs in a city or glamour-acceptable area, but you can use different looks if you want on the same gear.

When you're making a plate, all it cares about is the final appearance. It doesn't care what the base gear you're wearing is.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Baron Porkface posted:

You can have different Gear Sets and Assign them to specific Glamour Plates, which will in turn cast the specific glam onto the shared set whenever you switch to that particular Gear Set. You're basically just recasting glams onto the gear everytime you switch. The caveat is it won't glam them outside of cities and such.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Conversely, figuring out that rez immunity lets you ignore the tiles is what let us clear E9S :buddy:

Well if it didn't it would be like, near impossible to recover from any mistakes in the platform zone. Since you get up near the healer, on their platform.

What's that? I hear you say "you can coordinate a platform shift with others to free one up nearby and rez there, or do it during movement mechanics" but if your team had that kind of chops, you wouldn't have to raise

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Also a fun excercise for any Dancers:

Try LB3ing the E9S boss during platform phase

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

HenryEx posted:

As a dancer that hasn't yet run any savages, I need an in-depth explanation of this

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The platform stage is similar to normal, in that if you stand on one it slowly fills up and then disappears, and everyone on it falls to their death. In Savage, if 2 people stand in one, it's instant (or near enough).

Limit Breaks that have the character appear to move (like Dragoon) also apparently count for 2 people standing on a platform.

The Dancer LB has the dancer move across the entire line, so presumably they'd destroy every shared platform.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

HenryEx posted:

https://twitter.com/un_tekito_/status/1340674577324670981?s=21

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

When someone is raised, they have a damage immunity buff that makes them immune to most damage and effects. It's basically a mini hallowed ground. Instant wipe mechanics, walls, damageless knockbacks, etc. will go through, but otherwise the character is invincible for 6-8 seconds I think? There's an icon that was recently introduced to indicate this as well.

The player can move, but this effect is dispelled as soon as the player starts any action (an attack, spell cast, item, sprint, etc.)

Thanks. That certainly means that me using second wind or such immediately was a really bad idea.