Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah okay, but I genuinely had to gag when reading that.
Does anyone actually do that? Mixing a fizzy beer with creamy milk sounds so incredibly gross. That poo poo is coagulating!

What are you on about, bilk is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Loads of beers have lactose

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Of course someone on youtube did that.
:nws: I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Q82u3NtPI

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Dec 23, 2020

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I drink tea because my attempts to acquire a taste for coffee failed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Personally, I just hate the concept of caffeine. Chocolate is the only substance where I accept some amount of that.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

burexas.irom posted:

What are you on about, bilk is the best

:yeah:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
at parties i like to double-fist my drinks: a 40 in one hand and a carton in the other. it's olde english and 2% all night bay-bee!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm an adult who doesn't drink coffee because my body can't handle the caffeine. I'm pretty fine with the taste, I've enjoyed my share of coffee-flavoured treats, but actually drinking a cup of coffee gives me terrible arrhythmia.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Beer if I want to be depressed and throw up, coffee if I want to be anxious and poo poo my self. Its all very simple.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Len posted:

It looks like the story may be over? That panel feels pretty The End
Yep, it's all done!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

It's been the high point of my day for most of the pandemic, I'm grateful to hanselmann for taking us all on this journey. Amazing that it ended (relatively) well.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yep, it's all done!

RIP in peace

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

it's a spectacular run of comics and I'll definitely be picking up a print version when and if one happens

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

it's a spectacular run of comics and I'll definitely be picking up a print version when and if one happens

Same

I mean I already buy every MM&O print piece I can get my hands on, but this was real good.

It will also serve as a pretty good reminder of what was happening in 2020, as it generally related to current events. You know, because at some point we'll be looking back on this shitshow rather than living it. Hopefully.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I'm an adult who doesn't drink coffee because my body can't handle the caffeine. I'm pretty fine with the taste, I've enjoyed my share of coffee-flavoured treats, but actually drinking a cup of coffee gives me terrible arrhythmia.

You're making it sound almost as if folks have different food and drink preferences for various reasons. No way that could be the case, if you don't partake in the food and beverage of my preference, you are wrong.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
lol. imagine liking and discussing substances that AREN'T weed.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

I hated coffee until I was introduced to light roasts. Tasting "dark roast" chocolate was key to the discovery, because I apparently just hate the taste of "burnt".

light roasts taste like battery acid

dark roasts taste like charcoal

medium roast is where it's at

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The best part of using a french press is using a spoon to eat all the crunchy bottom bits when you're done drinking the coffee

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

As much as good coffee is better than bad coffee, coffee is a means to an end.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Some Goon posted:

That end being, obviously, "drinking tasty liquid"?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Phosphine posted:

That end being, obviously, "drinking tasty liquid"?

I guess you need something to get that taste out of your mouth but I feel like that's a step you can skip.

Bony-Eared Assfish
Oct 4, 2018

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's the worst beer mixer!

Yeah! The only dairy product used with beer is obviously butter.
https://youtu.be/HAf8gVHLNQk

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Can you give us a ride home? Does your car seat ten ghosts

My love of mini Kit-Kats is sincere, though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

... then i woke up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Carthag Tuek posted:

... then i woke up

:golfclap:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

The Megahex and Amsterdam MMO books are on the library app Hoopla. Check with your public library to get access.
:tipshat: Three new-to-me books of MMO--thank you very much!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Some Goon posted:

Yeah, I too drink it to make a fierce poop before 9:00 am

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Disco Pope posted:

Beer if I want to be depressed and throw up, coffee if I want to be anxious and poo poo my self. Its all very simple.

So... both at the same time, all the time?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Just so everyone is clear: that one guy totally got busted and is trying to save face. He absolutely, 100%, with full sincerity, mixes his beer with milk and sugar. He's trying to pretend like it's a funny joke, but he's a hosed up sicko that does it because it makes him feel good.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, I too drink it to make a fierce poop before 9:00 am

I just eat some vegetables. Coffee tastes like hatred.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I had beer once and it tasted nasty; the only alcohol I've had a decent amount of is hard lemonade, and even then I couldn't bring myself to have enough to get drunk

Meanwhile I've never even bothered having coffee, smells nasty

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Just so everyone is clear: that one guy totally got busted and is trying to save face. He absolutely, 100%, with full sincerity, mixes his beer with milk and sugar. He's trying to pretend like it's a funny joke, but he's a hosed up sicko that does it because it makes him feel good.

Stop haunting Lord Hypnostache

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Martian posted:

That's where Vodka and Red Bull comes in.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Martian posted:

This explains a lot about the Drew Carey show

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Coffee is delicious! Unfortunately, my stomach has grown weak and it is just too acidic for me right now. I get a terrible sour stomach when I make it at home. I should just start making cold brew but fridge space is precious. So I've been drinking tea and yerba mate for my caffeine fix. Also my spouse's energy thingy for their workout routine. It's a MLM scheme and is too expensive for what it is and tastes terrible but it gets me going in the morning. I imagine some people treat coffee the same way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

coffee smells nasty

This is how you know you're truly broken

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Caffeine comes in pills now. I've got pure, one that slow releases over 8 hours, and one with some kind of amino acid that's supposed to remove the jitters.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Lol I ain't gonna let any caffeine into my system outside of trace amounts in sodas that I don't drink often anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Ziv Zulander posted:

Coffee and beer dislikers explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8h9_VVDmQ

Personally speaking. If I’m at a coffee shop and I’m not feeling coffee, my usual order is a London fog

Oh boy, that's where my username is from!

Anyways, I don't drink coffee or beer. I have a feeling that, with effort over years, I could find the Perfect Coffee or the Perfect Beer, but there's thousands of each available in my town alone, so Nah.