Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just remembered the final PR push Square gave to FFXV when it was about to come out was a 10fps demo from 4 years earlier of noctis jumping around a baby's crib and changing the weather and sun location like a unity demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

just remembered the final PR push Square gave to FFXV when it was about to come out was a 10fps demo from 4 years earlier of noctis jumping around a baby's crib and changing the weather and sun location like a unity demo.

lol i played that just to name Carbuncle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have no idea how the summons work in ff15

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

i have no idea how the summons work in ff15

i don't remember using them except when the plot demanded

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

If I remember right you had to fulfill certain conditions for most of the summons to become available, with the exception of Ramuh who would just appear during long battles. Usually it required your party members to be in critical HP and/or dead and in Leviathan's case you also had to be near a body of water. The only one I never saw even once was Titan.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm so used to the idea that using summons is a trap that it took some getting used to actually using them in the FF7 Remake.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's cool that the commentators in the Wall Market arena actually have unique lines for every different summon you can use against Hell House, including stuff you can't possibly have on a first playthrough like Bahamut.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

It's cool that the commentators in the Wall Market arena actually have unique lines for every different summon you can use against Hell House, including stuff you can't possibly have on a first playthrough like Bahamut.

yeah, it's a cool detail. hard mode and new game plus definitely aren't just an afterthought. it's like normal mode is there to teach you the game for hard mode, and the game isn't Final Fantasy long enough to make that annoying, you can just kind of roll into it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

If I remember right you had to fulfill certain conditions for most of the summons to become available, with the exception of Ramuh who would just appear during long battles. Usually it required your party members to be in critical HP and/or dead and in Leviathan's case you also had to be near a body of water. The only one I never saw even once was Titan.

I think they just pop up sometimes the longer a fight goes on and the more time you spend at low hp. The environment definitely affects which one you get, I only got Titan near the uh Titan location itself

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i'm so used to the idea that using summons is a trap that it took some getting used to actually using them in the FF7 Remake.

They were crap in that too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They were crap in that too.

They're good use of certain characters ATB gauge when they don't have anything else going on at the time. probably not cloud's or tifa's though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

They're good use of certain characters ATB gauge when they don't have anything else going on at the time. probably not cloud's or tifa's though

^this

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Ignition Factor is on the SNES Online service and is cool. They should put The Firemen on the Super Famicom one.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1340372098120880129?s=20

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I knew it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://youtu.be/7CFxuMBs0Lk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nice interview with Shiggy about his philosophy of game design and life

Also the guy asks him about the Goldeneye hospital story lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quote:

Video games are an active medium. In that sense, they don’t require complex emotions from the designer; it’s the players who take what we give them and respond in their own ways. Complex emotions are difficult to deal with in interactive media. I’ve been involved in movies, and passive media is much better suited to take on those themes. With Nintendo, the appeal of our characters is that they bring families together. Our games are designed to provide a warm feeling; everyone is able to enjoy their time playing or watching.

For example, when I was playing with my grandchild recently, the whole family was gathered around the television. He and I were focussed on what was happening on the screen, but my wife and the others were focussed on the child, enjoying the sight of him enjoying the game. I was so glad we had been able to produce something that facilitated this kind of communal experience. That’s the core of Nintendo’s work: to bring smiles to players’ faces. So I don’t have any regrets. If anything, I wish I could have provided more cheer, more laughter.

wonderful

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the last of us 2 designers scowling in horror as they read this from the VA hospital where they're asking a weeping man to compare some different foley of a neck snapping.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

the last of us 2 designers scowling in horror as they read this from the VA hospital where they're asking a weeping man to compare some different foley of a neck snapping.

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1341485924165836802

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

says it all

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nice interview with Shiggy about his philosophy of game design and life

Also the guy asks him about the Goldeneye hospital story lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario Rabbids is on sale on the Switch store, is it good?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If it's $15+DLC like it usually is on sale it's an incredible deal if you're even slightly into the genre (and maybe even if you're not).

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I wish there was a sequel to that game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh yeah. It's got some of that slow pace and long easy sections that you expect from Nintendo games and just need to take a deep breath and enjoy, but regardless of that the gameplay is super fun

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

it’s a ubisoft game tho

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1341230631913541633?s=19

that's the guy that figured out the Cubic Ninja hack for the 3DS

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

restaurant (alone)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thatys hosed up

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

thatys hosed up
You should google gunpei yokoi

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i understand hiring a PI to get info on the dude who hacked your product, but written down it seems very psycho lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's cool and makes me like them more. I'm buying some $60 limited edition Mario roms to celebrate.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its a much better strategy game than nintendos own fire emblem turds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

It's cool and makes me like them more. I'm buying some $60 limited edition Mario roms to celebrate.

This.