Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bussamove posted:

Break the quartz, pick it up with F/whatever your interact button is, attack the ice with a basic attack. You can even do it with bows.

You get one hit of quartz power, make sure you don't whiff. Fortunately, even the largest conventional super-ice wall only seems to take 1 quartz hit.

Mailer posted:

the amazingly bullshit challenge fight at the bottom of the cave (which will be made better by warming bottle) are the only things that really stuck me so far.

Yeah, that was pretty bullshit. I hit AR50 exploring the mountain and I don't think I'll crank world level until I'm done with it.

I have a feeling that challenge fight was heavily expecting you to drop a lot of monsters into the drink. Fortunately Amber's ult can do that even to cryo mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Got 22 fates from ascensions (gotta level up some more characters)

Got Lisa and a Sacrificial Bow (already have on my Diona). Bleh.

But my last two got me a Sacrificial Sword for my XQ :woop:

Close to the 75 soft pity now.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Small tip: The compasses for treasure chests don't work in dragonspine, but they can point to chests in dragonspine if you're on the edge between territories. I ocasionally dip out during my current sweep to just take a check.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
30 pulls on the standard banner and I now have Sacrificial Fragments, Lisa C1, and Barbara C1

10 pulls on the standard gave me Sucrose x 2.

All in all, can't complain. If I'd gotten a 5* I'd be fretting about the resources I'd need.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It looks like they nerfed Ellin's training dummies at high WLs. They go down in about a hit now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Also, they've definitely pulled some of the tech from the gliding challenge out into Dragonspine challenges. That was pretty nice to see.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i have a hard time being berated by rosaria when her jiggle physics are so outrageous

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mailer posted:

Only managed to snag 44 red macguffins. I haven't done all the side quests and hopefully can get through a shitload more, since there's a weekly that requires five rounds of the thing you unlock at rank 8. Has anyone figured out the puzzle with all the stand-on tiles and the symbols on the wall? It looks like you can touch one matching set of icons but if you try to touch the other set it breaks the first.

You do all of one set then the other, Remember some tiles match up wierdly to the symbols

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Osmosisch posted:

C1 Diluc from my guaranteed pity, crap.

Welp, complaining works, Albedo 10 pulls later.

Also, oh MAN it's good to have a new area full of new stuff. I am actually giddy with enjoyment, this is crazy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got one favonious spear and 2 ambers from my normal pulls :negative:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Pain of Mind posted:

I forgot turning in the red things to the tree gave AR and I reached 50. Is there any reason to complete the quest before exploring the mountain more, or should I wait until after just so it is easier to explore and complete timed quests etc.?

So far I've heard that there's little benefit to going to WR7.

I hit 50 yesterday too and I'm not bothering for a while. You seem to continue to gain Adventure EXP regardless, you probably just don't get to collect later rank up bonuses until you do the ascension quest.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at WL7 you get awesome boss drops like this

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

at WL7 you get awesome boss drops like this

lmfao...ok but that being said I don't see a giant downside to WL7. I didn't notice my life being any different in terms of overworld monsters. If you're struggling a bit then it might make sense though. Obviously domains aren't going to change.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

There are at least 70 Tree Feeding seed things in the mountain, I just got to rank 8 (you start at 1 I think) after scouring my way towards the top of the mountain

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got to the very very top of Dragonspine.

Lovely view.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i've taken every WL increase immediately no questions, but you really won't see the "worth" of it most of the time. my wolf run last week was equally pathetic (no prototype, only one 5* artifact).

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

yeah i've taken every WL increase immediately no questions, but you really won't see the "worth" of it most of the time. my wolf run last week was equally pathetic (no prototype, only one 5* artifact).

My first 2-3 weeks of the game I somehow lucked out and got prototypes more than every other run. I haven't gotten another one since then, lol.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Framboise posted:

I dunno, but on PC I swear my framerate has gone down. Anyone else notice this?

my performance this patch, even just running around the old zones has had some noticeable slowdowns where it used to be absolutely rock solid with the gpu barely spooling up.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Does a level 80 hilichurl or whatever drop better loot than a level 60 one?

Mailer posted:

That and the amazingly bullshit challenge fight at the bottom of the cave (which will be made better by warming bottle) are the only things that really stuck me so far.

I got stuck for a while, but two things really helped:
1) Get all three seelies into their pots so you have warming everywhere
2) Don't go over the lake to get to enemies, you'll be locked into frozen hell. You can skirt the edge.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I did not notice the WL7 change at all

The biggest difference is that my Ning got a lot stronger since I got more levels on her weapon and ascended her

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The new area has a couple of difficult overworld fights you have to do, which might be a reason to delay a WL increase for a few days

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
So the meteor event was fun and a nice light bit of content.

This whole drat mountain update is absolutely incredible. If every major content update is has this kind of depth and quality I'm even further committed to playing this game forever. Might even start spending real money instead of just my Google surveybux.

Albedo seems kinda angsty, what with his line of I hope the Traveller will kill me if I flip out and destroy Mondstadt . Cool dude otherwise and he might replace Diona as my shield support if the damage from his flower thing is any good.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
WL7 has felt less of an impact than WL6 tbh. Getting to ascend 3/4 of my A-team to 6 and bring one dps to 90 gave a nice power boost I didn't get last time. Any other enemy hp/dmg increases will yet again go down with time and farming like always.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

lol, the devs must have seen that video of Godwin being reunited with his girlfriend:

Patch Notes posted:

Fixes an issue whereby Geo constructs may move NPCs from their positions.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SynthesisAlpha posted:

So the meteor event was fun and a nice light bit of content.

This whole drat mountain update is absolutely incredible. If every major content update is has this kind of depth and quality I'm even further committed to playing this game forever. Might even start spending real money instead of just my Google surveybux.

Albedo seems kinda angsty, what with his line of I hope the Traveller will kill me if I flip out and destroy Mondstadt . Cool dude otherwise and he might replace Diona as my shield support if the damage from his flower thing is any good.

Yeah, Dragonspine is incredibly fun to navigate. I'm at like, tree level 4? Still a lot of crimson agate to find and sidequests to do.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Cattail Prophet posted:

lol, the devs must have seen that video of Godwin being reunited with his girlfriend:

They literally point it out in this article: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/7647

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

good to know alt sprint like Mona doesn't benefit from sprint passives. time to cut Kaeya-likes from the ultimate speed/low stamina overworld team theorycrafting

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I have to craft that spear if I want to finish that quest? Why would they choose spear and not claymore for that purpose?? There are two spear users in the game!!!!

Dragonspine is ofc amazing. I'm hoping that the updates every 3 months (every other patch) are this big.... it would be pretty great.

EDIT: This sucrose trial makes her look soooo much better than the last one...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 23, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rosaria is supposed to be a spear user, hopefully she gets upgraded.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dragonspine is only about the size of Stormterror's Lair in terms of 2d map area, but about as content dense as Liyue (or even more). It makes me incredibly hyped for future full blown regions!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Dragonspine is only about the size of Stormterror's Lair in terms of 2d map area, but about as content dense as Liyue (or even more). It makes me incredibly hyped for future full blown regions!

Yeah the amount of stuff they crammed into a relatively small space is really astounding and I spent way too much time way too late last night just exploring. And judging by how my frostbearing tree is only level 4 there’s still a ton of poo poo I’m missing.I’m hoping some sort of detector shows up for those agates at some point, but at the same time the region is small enough sweeping it for them shouldn’t be too difficult.

My only complaint is that the cryo lawachurls armor is too easy to break and it’s making it hard to get their achievement. :v:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

EDIT: This sucrose trial makes her look soooo much better than the last one...

yeah, this round of trials they really worked the enemy / team comps to sell the characters in some perfect setups lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Replaying the trial runs, they definitely upped the energy gain by making everything drop "big" energy orbs. Still, Albedo should easily be able to burst frequently with just a Favonius Sword. Cool trick with his E is that recasting it resets the internal cooldown on the proc effect.

Bussamove posted:

My only complaint is that the cryo lawachurls armor is too easy to break and it’s making it hard to get their achievement. :v:

I think I got that one in the domain unintentionally, so it might be easier to do there.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I launched the game this morning and it started with controller controls already enabled. Undocumented bugfix?!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bussamove posted:

Yeah the amount of stuff they crammed into a relatively small space is really astounding and I spent way too much time way too late last night just exploring. And judging by how my frostbearing tree is only level 4 there’s still a ton of poo poo I’m missing.I’m hoping some sort of detector shows up for those agates at some point, but at the same time the region is small enough sweeping it for them shouldn’t be too difficult.

There's like 12 levels on the frosty tree, I suspect EVENT SHENANIGANS will be responsible for some of them.

As for the new lawachurls, get them to magic pixel levels, engage MOST DODGE, wind up your killing blow as they're winding up to put the armor on.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

gandlethorpe posted:

Still, Albedo should easily be able to burst frequently with just a Favonius Sword.

According to Jinx it's RNG whether his E proc releases a particle or not. Same problem as Zhongli's E in other words. :smith:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Dear god why is the Hydro boss so much more long, involved, and brutally difficult than the other five elements. I'm so loving done with this lovely fight and its obscene damage numbers and death nukes.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

King of Bleh posted:

I launched the game this morning and it started with controller controls already enabled. Undocumented bugfix?!

Yeah, I noticed this just now. It took me five minutes to figure out why the game wasn't responding to my mouse or keyboard inputs, which I was doing solely to switch to controller.

:toot:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Dear god why is the Hydro boss so much more long, involved, and brutally difficult than the other five elements. I'm so loving done with this lovely fight and its obscene damage numbers and death nukes.

I refuse to fight this solo. Get on discord and ask goons for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol, out exploring around i definitely wasn't expecting the boar king miniboss. dude nearly kicked my butt