Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Katt posted:

No idea what the deal with cops is but when I get one of those gigs where 4 tiger claws are beating up a cop with a bat. I just keep driving because the cop will just spot the corpses and aggro me if I save them.

Rookie mistake, just kill the cop too.

The one thing I like about this police system is it's not infinite. If I attack some maxtac fucks, I aggro them, plus any nearby coppers, and then it will spawn a wave of drones and fake cops (don't drop loot, corpses disappear when you look away). If you kill all the spawned cops and local cops and just stand still, you lose your stars and they leave you alone.

In GTA hitting a cop was always annoying ordeal, best case scenario you'ree already by one of the paint shops or whatever but often it just meant a cop escalation until you die from police choppers or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Kraftwerk posted:

Does any of the Cyberpunk lore indicate whether rogue AIs are always bad or are there some decent ones that can help you out?
From my limited run-ins with ais I’ve found them to be like gods almost. It goes double considering all the Chrome everyone is packing. At the very least you have what amounts to a smartphone with expansion slots built directly into your central nervous system and brain. So I imagine it would be very bad if they found a way to broadcast themselves around the world.

There are three types of AI: Those killed by the Soulkiller Virus, who were set free when Arasaka exploded and have their own little city in the oldnet. They are the most likely to be helpful, as they are the most "human" of the AI's.

Complex programs that became sentient through overwork/code changes/interactions with viruses etc - things that weren't intended to become AI, but did anyway. These are the most dangerous, as they generally see themselves as former "slaves" of humanity and don't have a home of their own so they need to take space with bandwidth in order to survive - while this could be an old server blade running in the basement of an unused building, it could also be your apartment server, some old school computer someone is running to have access to the blackweb, etc. The barrier NetWatch installed is called the Blackwall (The Blackweb, by the way, is the old Net. Many old machines are still running, but those are where AI hide. When Ziggaraut made the new net, Netwatch sealed off the Blackweb to keep the AI that begun to run rampant in the disaster from overrunning the new net as well). This group includes the R.A.B.I.E.S. - a series of programs made by the legendary netrunner Rache Bartmosse, the dude who crashed the original net with a virus he used as a doomsday device. RABIES look like Bartemosse and generally just try to kill anything alive they come in contact with. This category is what is normally thought of as a "Rogue AI" and is significantly likely to just make an omelette out of your brain.

Actual AI's made to be AI's - these generally have better thought processes than the second category, and are more reasonable. If they haven't gone rogue they also have storage space on a corporate server somewhere, but there are some of these on the Blackweb that were active before Datakrash killed the old net, and some simply disagree with whatever purpose they were designed for and leave. They are more likely to think of themselves as sentient beings and, even if they feel that they were treated as slaves, they can generally distinguish between groups of people. This is the most likely category that the VooDoo boys are trying to communicate with through the blackwall - the freed AI's still need bandwidth (which the VooDoo boys can provide) and are probably willing to trade favors for it in many cases, and now that the VooDoo boys are entirely Haitian they have a shared history with corporate enslavement that might unite them. Their though process can be alien, and they may also be desparate for bandwidth and dangerous themselves, but they are more reasonable than category 2.

TheAnomaly fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 23, 2020

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
Mitch just texted me about a funeral for the nomad who died, but there's no quest. is this a bug?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Great, I finally find a good Defender worth using, but it's 270k. I have spare money to spend after doing all the gigs, but I'm still short 70k.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Its Chocolate posted:

Mitch just texted me about a funeral for the nomad who died, but there's no quest. is this a bug?

It didn't show up for me until after some more Panam quests.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So I installed a mod into my eyes that makes all of my attacks nonlethal and also makes it so I can't get extra damage with headshots. Is there eventually an upgraded mod I can get that will keep the nonlethal effect and remove the headshot penalty?

Also, how do I pull up a ricochet interface thing? I do like how the perk system kind of encourages you to go a jack of all trades route at the beginning even if you can put perk points into specific weapons for more overall power in one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ravenfood posted:

Also, how do I pull up a ricochet interface thing?

you need both the eye implant and the hand processor

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Funny that Crystal Palace is so different in this series and in breaking bad.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

top 3 missing romances

1. takemura
2. claire
3. johnny

bonus options: clouds receptionist, mox bouncer

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

double negative posted:

top 3 missing romances

1. takemura
2. claire
3. johnny

3 would have been really interesting if it led to an alternate ending.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Golden Bee posted:

Funny that Crystal Palace is so different in this series and in breaking bad.

No sign of Cyber-Roy Hodgson either.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Its Chocolate posted:

There should be a ! or ? side quest at the nomad camp now. If you go back there, he will initiate it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I know 90% of tech weapon chat is "Shooting people through walls with the sniper rifle is so OP", and the remaining 10% is "I love this double barrel shotgun/Huge pistol"

Then I realized, as the levels climb in my slow playthrough... I don't think I have seen any Tech SMGs and assault rifles? Plus as much as I adore the double barrel tech shotgun to the point I will use it even if it is lower DPS than power or smart shotguns I have on me... Why haven't I seen another kind of tech shotgun?

Is this bad RNG, gang tendency (like the animals just swimming in Overture revolvers), stuff that doesn't spawn until I break level 30, or just not there?

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

TheAnomaly posted:

There are three types of AI: Those killed by the Soulkiller Virus, who were set free when Arasaka exploded and have their own little city in the oldnet. They are the most likely to be helpful, as they are the most "human" of the AI's.

I still don’t understand why NetWatch doesn’t just go around unplugging all these oldnet machines and shutting everything down. They still have to be on and drawing power from things right? As hardware fails (it’s been decades now) doesn’t the oldnet gradually get smaller anyway?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Guys I think it’s finally happened - the game crashes for me whenever I hit the “load game” button!

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

double negative posted:

top 3 missing romances

1. takemura
2. claire
3. johnny

My V is still hoping for a chance to let Adam Smash Her

Basic Chunnel posted:

Guys I think it’s finally happened - the game crashes for me whenever I hit the “load game” button!
Earlier saves still work?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So thread concensus on playing on PS4 Pro.

Playable or wait until March/Or whenever the first couple of big patches drop?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

PerilPastry posted:

Earlier saves still work?
Hitting "load game" from the main menu, I mean. Could be an entirely different bug, gonna verify my game files.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Deptfordx posted:

Imo, stay away. It's fine in many areas, but it's a slideshow in enough locations to ruin the experience. No to mention the crashes.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Section Z posted:

So I know 90% of tech weapon chat is "Shooting people through walls with the sniper rifle is so OP", and the remaining 10% is "I love this double barrel shotgun/Huge pistol"

Then I realized, as the levels climb in my slow playthrough... I don't think I have seen any Tech SMGs and assault rifles?
Not sure about the SMG but the tech rifles are the "Precision Rifle." I've been carrying one as an alternate to the iconic smart rifle, for dealing with Tyger Claws.

also, I've seen it mentioned several times that the tyger claw tattoo is what makes smart weapons not work against tyger claws. I think thats wrong. The tattoo blocks smart weapons for any users. Which is why the tyger claw enemies have a natural defense to them, regardless of if you are using the tattoo or not.

Edited for speech to text weirdness.

afflictionwisp fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 23, 2020

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Hitting "load game" from the main menu, I mean. Could be an entirely different bug, gonna verify my game files.

How many save folders do you have? Maybe try culling the number?

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

ughhhh posted:

clothing items seem to have it level reset to your level when placed in your apartment stash.

this doesn't work for me you bastard

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Section Z posted:

Then I realized, as the levels climb in my slow playthrough... I don't think I have seen any Tech SMGs and assault rifles? Plus as much as I adore the double barrel tech shotgun to the point I will use it even if it is lower DPS than power or smart shotguns I have on me... Why haven't I seen another kind of tech shotgun?

Is this bad RNG, gang tendency (like the animals just swimming in Overture revolvers), stuff that doesn't spawn until I break level 30, or just not there?

The tech "smg" is actually one of the revolvers, the Quasar. When charged, it is full auto and it loving melts everyone and everything. There is an unidentified purple version (doesn't say Iconic or whatever) that, IIRC, shoots 2 shots at once, so be careful not to sell/break that one down. But the legendary one is still totally amazing and will be a hard weapon to stop using.

Edit: Video on where to get the unique purple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uy4asmWmmQ&t=10s

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So... did you crucify Joshua or not?
I found interesting that the game doesn't give you a 'this was bad' or 'this was good' message in the way of a npc or whatever. The quest just.. end. I guess the intention if for the player to think about their actions and their meaning, about the crossroad between religion, exploitation and scifi, without no external influence.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

So... did you crucify Joshua or not?
I found interesting that the game doesn't give you a 'this was bad' or 'this was good' message in the way of a npc or whatever. The quest just.. end. I guess the intention if for the player to think about their actions and their meaning, about the crossroad between religion, exploitation and scifi, without no external influence.

My V prayed with him and then left before hand. Since she's a Streetkid from Heywood I figured she was residually Catholic and while Mysterious Ways, God Moves she had no desire to stick around for a The Passion remake.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Deptfordx posted:

I played it throughout the initial release and two patches and finished it. Lots of crashes early on, unexpected crashes out of nowhere later on, lots of visual bugs, but the game was playable. But wait for the big January/February patches and maybe if you can get a PS5.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mesadoram posted:

The tech "smg" is actually one of the revolvers, the Quasar. When charged, it is full auto and it loving melts everyone and everything. There is an unidentified purple version (doesn't say Iconic or whatever) that, IIRC, shoots 2 shots at once, so be careful not to sell/break that one down. But the legendary one is still totally amazing and will be a hard weapon to stop using.

Edit: Video on where to get the unique purple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uy4asmWmmQ&t=10s

Yeah the quasar, double barrel and widowmaker precision has been my tech weapon loadout. The sniper is good at first but once your damage ramps up the precision rifle does the same thing but without the wild recoil

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

MMF Freeway posted:

Ending:

e: oh and finally something came of the corps taking Jackie's body. I was glad to see that

Can you expound on this, please?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Ending spoilers My male corp V went with Panam and joined the nomads. At first Silverhand was a dick but took me a bit to ponder if I should sacrifice V for Johnny to live.

Decided to save V and live a happy life with Panam and become a Nomad, whilst hopelessly using the 6 months left of my life to find a cure.

Crazy thing is finding a cure was something I thought I would do with the 6 months, it wasnt stated anywhere in the story till the very end.

In conclusion I really enjoyed the game I loved Night city and the story was great.

Just feel the AI fell short maybe it was because I was a hacker. Of course the bugs were there but I personally didnt experience anything that hosed with me.

To be honest like Witcher 2 & 3 sure Cyberpunk will age like a fine wine and hopefully more people will enjoy it.

Now for my street kid fem V guns blazing playthrough :jihad:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

I played it throughout the initial release and two patches and finished it. Lots of crashes early on, unexpected crashes out of nowhere later on, lots of visual bugs, but the game was playable. But wait for the big January/February patches and maybe if you can get a PS5.

did you consider corpo plaza and other dense city areas playable? cause for me the framerate there is atrocious. made me not want to do any missions there until i get my ps5 back.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

afflictionwisp posted:

Not sure about the SMG but the tech rifles are the "Precision Rifle." I've been carrying one as an alternate to the iconic smart rifle, for dealing with Tyger Claws.

also, I've seen it mentioned several times that the tyger claw tattoo is what makes smart weapons not work against tire cars. I think thats wrong. The tattoo blocks smart weapons for any users. Which is why the tyger claw enemies have a natural defense to them, regardless of if you are using the tattoo or not.

Mesadoram posted:

Turns out I had a tech precision rifle in my stash, and I didn't realize it was Tech because it is 99% Identical looking to the POWER precision rifle on the inventory screen, even though they look wildly different in first person equipped view :downs:

Also looks like the tech precision rifle is a sorta kinda spreadgun that fires perfect formation 5 dots. Guess I'll have to keep that in mind if trying to headshot people from far away.

As for the Quasar, while that fits in spirit, in Video Game logic it doesn't benefit from any of the Assault Skills. Granted, half of the assault skills are terrible "From behind cover-" or "Recoil/reload discount" perks anyways sooo.

I'll take that as a no on other tech shotguns, thank god the Satara is so cool already, even if a bit of a pain in big firefights with a ton of enemies if I want go on a pure shotgun rampage.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah the quasar, double barrel and widowmaker precision has been my tech weapon loadout. The sniper is good at first but once your damage ramps up the precision rifle does the same thing but without the wild recoil

not like it's necessary, but i'd like a quasar pistol with a shorter charge up time

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

badass

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Deptfordx posted:

I've tried things out on the PS5 and the PS4 Pro and I can only really recommend it for next gen systems (even if there's no true PS5 version out quite yet)

PS4 Pro technical issues are
  • long loading times, even with a pretty fast internal Samsung SSD (just a limitation of the PS4/PS4Pro's hardware; some loading times can take minutes)
  • bad framerates, even in areas with not a lot going on; combat can sometimes put out what feels like sub 20 frames per sec
  • numerous crashes, at least twice as many than the PS5 (see below)
  • texture pop in and lighting are bad, sometimes not triggering a correct LOD if you are zipping around fast enough (which can happen if you pump a shitload of perks/armor with move speed)
  • cars, npcs, and other some city fluff (billboards, trash containers, etc) can disappear and reappear at will, sometimes with poor textures

PS5 issues
  • crashes about once an hour, sometimes more frequently (up to 60 crashes with 65 hours of playtime)
  • HDR is absolutely bunk, disable it in the game and console
  • texture pop in and lighting can still be problematic, but much less frequently than the PS4 Pro

PS5 has better framerate (what feels like a solid 60 fps, with small dips), loading that takes about 3 to 5 seconds, and less crashes overall (although still somewhat frequent)

I'd probably wait until you can nab a PS5 and they release a dedicated PS5 version (or play it on PC, of course). it should not have been released for last gen consoles in its current state.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

AlternateAccount posted:

Can you expound on this, please?

Arasaka used soulkiller on Jackie's body and you meet his engram in cyberspace but his brain is fried

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC has a very nice built-in benchmark and analysis. CP2077 needs this.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cat Cyberware DLC when?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CP2077 is Hitler confirmed

https://twitter.com/pastemagazine/status/1341794917828468737?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Are there any easy ways to dupe a ton of crafting materials? It seems like in practice it's really not possible for iconic items to scale with your level due to the ever-increasing crafting costs. Or am I missing something?