Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Nah, the next step is to veer off even farther into the past until we hit Stonepunk

e: I have been informed that this is essentially the Flintstones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The only punk I respect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9r0egZH7tU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

a classic, although i am unsure how real it is

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

My stories always involve intoxicated, miniature versions of smelly mammals.

DrunkShrunkSkunkPunk

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Time to bring religion into it.

Monkpunk.

christmas boots posted:

Nah, the next step is to veer off even farther into the past until we hit Stonepunk

e: I have been informed that this is essentially the Flintstones.

Monkeypunk!

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Has this been posted yet? Highlighting not mine, found it on Facebook.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

TheSlayer78.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

sugar mouse posted:

A true Brexiter, thinks he's "local" greengrocer get's his produce from "A TRADITIONAL KENTISH FARM RUN BY INBRED FARMERS FOR THE LAST THOUSAND YEARS, MENTION IN THE DOOMSDAY BOOK, GLORY TO ENGLAND!".

And not from the same company as everyone else in the loving UK does, freshly imported from a country that isn't nearly as broken.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I...what?

https://twitter.com/_ghostfuneral/status/1341709060467527680?s=20

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

zakharov posted:

omg go argue about the bad video game in the games forum

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zakharov posted:

omg go argue about the bad video game in the games forum

We also have a perfectly good game glitch thread right here, if anyone is so inclined.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/PasteMagazine/status/1341794917828468737

I mean, it's bad game, but It hasn't tried to kill anyone yet

Wait, gently caress...

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

murtists

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pnurtist

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/PasteMagazine/status/1341794917828468737

I mean, it's bad game, but It hasn't tried to kill anyone yet

Wait, gently caress...

I mean for a hot minute it was via epileptic seizures. That got patched out pretty quick, but drat they straight up were copying medical equipment that is used to trigger seizures and didn't think to tell anyone outside of a bit in their TOS.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Soysaucebeast posted:

I mean for a hot minute it was via epileptic seizures. That got patched out pretty quick, but drat they straight up were copying medical equipment that is used to trigger seizures and didn't think to tell anyone outside of a bit in their TOS.

That’s better than I was expecting, from the early things I was hearing it sounded like the company was just sending out tweets saying like “if you don’t like having seizures don’t play the game, lol triggered much snowflakes”

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

RagnarokZ posted:

A true Brexiter, thinks he's "local" greengrocer get's his produce from "A TRADITIONAL KENTISH FARM RUN BY INBRED FARMERS FOR THE LAST THOUSAND YEARS, MENTION IN THE DOOMSDAY BOOK, GLORY TO ENGLAND!".

And not from the same company as everyone else in the loving UK does, freshly imported from a country that isn't nearly as broken.

Yeah there's a whole bunch of people here that have no idea where things come from.

Also lol, only thing growing in Kent right now is lorries.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Data Graham posted:

That’s better than I was expecting, from the early things I was hearing it sounded like the company was just sending out tweets saying like “if you don’t like having seizures don’t play the game, lol triggered much snowflakes”

What was weird were the takes in the C-Spam thread (from one person mind you) that this was a deliberate act on behalf of CDPR's management to do a mass cleansing of epileptics in the name of white nationalism.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

from the early things I was hearing it sounded like the company was just sending out tweets saying like “if you don’t like having seizures don’t play the game, lol triggered much snowflakes”

Pretty sure they never said that, shithead gamers did, because as is well know, gamers loving suck. CDPR responded the same day the review dropped with "holy poo poo that's bad we're fixing it", immediately added in a big epilepsy warning on the initial launch screen, and had the whole thing removed within 2 days. I don't think they had any idea that it could trigger a seizure, especially since the actual strobe sequence was used in a gameplay trailer 6 months prior and viewed by millions upon millions of people and nobody said a peep.

orange juche has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Dec 23, 2020

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

orange juche posted:

Pretty sure they never said that, shithead gamers did, because as is well know, gamers loving suck. They responded within a day with "holy poo poo we're fixing it" once the review dropped. I don't think they had any idea that it could trigger a seizure, especially since the actual strobe sequence was used in a gameplay trailer 6 months prior and viewed by millions upon millions of people and nobody said a peep.

I'm willing to bet that some vital element of the trigger got lost somewhere in the trailer footage so the full effect didn't happen until people saw the real thing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I'm willing to bet that some vital element of the trigger got lost somewhere in the trailer footage so the full effect didn't happen until people saw the real thing.

Probably youtube compression, tbh. As a non-epileptic, the original sequence looked honestly cool as gently caress, and the replacement was complete removal of any of the light sequences that played during the calibration of the headset. It wasn't as obvious as say the Incredibles 2 scene with the flashing nightmare room bullshit, that actually made my head hurt and I'm not epileptic, so I can't begin to imagine what that would be like as someone who is sensitive to it. Kinda shocked Pixar managed to release a movie with a 30 second long full screen black and white strobe sequence.

orange juche has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Dec 23, 2020

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
That's what I'm thinking. Or maybe most people watched it as a small window instead of full screen or something.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The C-SPAM takes were peak IOSM though, but then again CSPAM is usually take the most extreme take you can have and crank the dial to 11.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

orange juche posted:

Pretty sure they never said that, shithead gamers did, because as is well know, gamers loving suck. CDPR responded the same day the review dropped with "holy poo poo that's bad we're fixing it", immediately added in a big epilepsy warning on the initial launch screen, and had the whole thing removed within 2 days. I don't think they had any idea that it could trigger a seizure, especially since the actual strobe sequence was used in a gameplay trailer 6 months prior and viewed by millions upon millions of people and nobody said a peep.

Yeah I mean I got the impression the company was calling it "braindance" or something and touting it as a cool new consciousness-altering technology they had developed by studying epileptics. I guess I misread then

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soysaucebeast posted:

As much as I hate talking about Cyberpunk more in this drat thread, I think I've developed a new pet peeve that's driving me out of my mind: People saying medical technology was copied identically when it is two things that are literally nothing alike.

Are this flashlight and this headset identical?

On topic:

https://twitter.com/agoingaccount/status/1341478484921769986

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Dec 23, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

sugar mouse posted:

so many british people are going to die over the next two months, jesus christ

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokZ posted:

Just out of curiosity, what is the locavore scene like in a place like Britain? I do a CSA that's entirely in-state, and am still getting lettuce because we have a very temperate climate and very long growing seasons with some things still coming up all through the winter. I know the UK isn't a frozen hellhole, but how far into the year is farm harvesting?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

there wolf posted:

Just out of curiosity, what is the locavore scene like in a place like Britain? I do a CSA that's entirely in-state, and am still getting lettuce because we have a very temperate climate and very long growing seasons with some things still coming up all through the winter. I know the UK isn't a frozen hellhole, but how far into the year is farm harvesting?

I think you can get rhubarb year round because it's grown in a dark room.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Paging Cumshitter to the thread...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The UK is 50% self-sufficient in vegetables and 20% in fruit, so my guess is "it's not great"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

The UK is 50% self-sufficient in vegetables and 20% in fruit, so my guess is "it's not great"

that's why the buy british idiots are so funny to me, Britain is a small, cold rock in the north atlantic, with not enough arable land to sustain its population, there's no loving way they can be self sufficient.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Our beneficent government has promised us "adequate food".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Our beneficent government has promised us "adequate food".

British "cuisine" like pie and mash are questionable/acquired tastes for sure.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
UK Boomers like to talk about how tough people were during rationing. Now they get to show off how well they cope with it (lmao)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I always figured mashed potato was pretty common in the US.

E: also in a taste of the uk future I had to make a deal with a supermarket worker I know to get a bag of limes before the store opened. He handed them to me out back like some kind of drug deal.

Necrothatcher has a new favorite as of 00:29 on Dec 24, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

We don't generally eat jellied eels in pie form though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Or toad-in-the-hole or fizzy wizzbangs or bobs-your-uncles or....

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

orange juche posted:

We don't generally eat jellied eels in pie form though.

What form do you eat eels in?

That said pretty much only 1 part of London eats Jellied Eel. I've only ever eaten eel in Sushi.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

E: also in a taste of the uk future I had to make a deal with a supermarket worker I know to get a bag of limes before the store opened. He handed them to me out back like some kind of drug deal.

loving lol.

At least you have that extra 350 million pounds a week for the NHS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Necrothatcher posted:

Congratulations on being a future mustache guy from Dad's Army.