Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nHjoupzFO8

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

no no no, bears are cursed :( ugh people need to stay away from bears at all times.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Perkele!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

no no no, bears are cursed :( ugh people need to stay away from bears at all times.

Don't worry, he's a professional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae7ksBFltow

They're campaining for breast cancer awareness. So :kimchi:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

LifeSunDeath posted:

Hey! gently caress you, man.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cocaine Bear posted:

You are clearly a cat that *thinks* it's a bear. Probably too much cocaine.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Weird Al is legit one of the most wholesome people, it's crazy how he's been around so long & there really haven't been any bad things/scandals surrounding him

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1341733002259382272?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Weird Al is legit one of the most wholesome people, it's crazy how he's been around so long & there really haven't been any bad things/scandals surrounding him

And he has yet another talent I didn't even know about!

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Some people are just good people 🙂

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LifeSunDeath posted:

Bears are great.

The local ones ocassionally break into my parents garage during the summer, then bring out the cans of beer stored there. They plop down on the deck and pop open the beers and lap up the suds as they spray out, then flop over and have a nap.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

And he has yet another talent I didn't even know about!

yeah, it's a pretty decent portrait for a kid. i wonder if he kept up with it over the years. he may be doing massive oil paintings in his spare time for all i know.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That is just the sweetest, nicest thing. I didn't realise at first it was weird al so I thought it was a random sweetness, but hearing it's him just makes it even more blessed. He's a good, kind and lovely person.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

LifeSunDeath posted:

Bears aren't cursed, they are just big. If they were the size of, say a pug, we'd just laugh about how ol Bruin tried to disembowel me the lil scamp. They deserve respect and they deserve DISTANCE.

Now tigers, tigers are goddamn TERRIFYING. A tiger roared near me one time when I was in a zoo and I ran the gently caress away because that roar was so insanely threatening.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pookah posted:

Now tigers, tigers are goddamn TERRIFYING. A tiger roared near me one time when I was in a zoo and I ran the gently caress away because that roar was so insanely threatening.

Oh, man. One of my favorite books I read in the last couple years was John Vaillant's The Tiger, about a Siberian tiger that got shot by a poacher and loving enacted vengeance on the dude by waiting for him next to his cabin. It's got a lot of good lines in it about how scary it is to be on the business end of a tiger.

quote:

“To say a tiger is an "outside" animal is an understatement that is best appreciated when a tiger is inside.”

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

That explains why he doesn't know where he placed his baby.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Phy posted:

Oh, man. One of my favorite books I read in the last couple years was John Vaillant's The Tiger, about a Siberian tiger that got shot by a poacher and loving enacted vengeance on the dude by waiting for him next to his cabin. It's got a lot of good lines in it about how scary it is to be on the business end of a tiger.

this just popped up in the tl, seemed appropriate.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Didn't the tiger also hunt people who had taken meat/prey from it as well?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the first guy it killed also stole its prey, to literally add insult to injury. I don't remember if it had a grudge with the second guy or if it was just hungry and desperate and was thinking "actually, humans are easy to kill" by that point.

fe: The book isn't just a Boys Own Adventure about a tiger hunt, it's about the Amur Peninsula and the history of the people who live there, conservation efforts in post-Soviet Russia vs the economics of poaching and endangered species trafficking, the psychology of big cats, the mythology of big cats... it's a good book.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Phy posted:

The book isn't just a Boys Own Adventure about a tiger hunt, it's about the Amur Peninsula and the history of the people who live there, conservation efforts in post-Soviet Russia vs the economics of poaching and endangered species trafficking, the psychology of big cats, the mythology of big cats... it's a good book.

Oh definitely, you just jarred a memory of the book loose and I was curious if I was remembering it correctly.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Did none of you watch Grizzly Man, did none of you learn that bears are not pets.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LifeSunDeath posted:

Did none of you watch Grizzly Man, did none of you learn that bears are not pets.

Bears are not pets. Bears are comrades.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Also, great lovers.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You're goddamn right.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

He was a skater rat
She said see you later rat
Cause he was deffo nuff for her

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What kind of shoes are those? I kinda want a pair.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Lodin posted:

He was a skater rat
She said see you later rat
Cause he was deffo nuff for her

Ratical

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is a Mandarin Duck. Look at the colours

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

:hmmyes:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Top 3 ducks:

Mandarin

Wood

Harlequin

Worst duck:

Muscovy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i always enjoyed it when male wood ducks would show up at the pond near my grandma's house. like seeing a unicorn.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
All ducks are wonderful and good on account of not being geese

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Then all the lady ducks show up and they're boring and brown. So basic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/catshouldnt/status/1341658257002131457

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

place where cat shouldn't be

Beg to differ, that's exactly where a cat should be.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Memento posted:

Beg to differ, that's exactly where a cat should be.

It's one of the most #blessed accounts, but you have to read shouldn't as """"shouldn't""""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/tescocans/status/1341518489912274944