Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Forgot about the show thing will have to watch over christmas.

Going back to last weeks episode, the son between Bumble and Yukon Cornelius would be sabretooth ffs, not wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

You could say this about literally every ad Max Fun runs yet here we are.

~~annnnnoying songs like thiiiis one~~

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I wanna munch...

https://twitter.com/engadget/status/1341706820663070723?s=21

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I guess the patent on Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes' compartment warming technology finally expired.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I know it's probably pronounced "K.F.Console", but with the color scheme my brain can only parse it as "KFC Onsole".

Blockhouse posted:

It was a Sawbones where Justin was recording from Travis' office
I can see Travis having a framed picture of himself, but I can also see Travis doing this to troll Justin. AND I can also see Justin making it up to troll Travis. I'm not sure which outcome is funnier.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I know it's probably pronounced "K.F.Console", but with the color scheme my brain can only parse it as "KFC Onsole".

I can see Travis having a framed picture of himself, but I can also see Travis doing this to troll Justin. AND I can also see Justin making it up to troll Travis. I'm not sure which outcome is funnier.

In the last MBMBaM Travis said he has a picture of himself on top of his tree. I'm not sure if this was a joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He said it was a picture of him nude as an angel, come the gently caress on people. This is like when people thought Justin was recording from an airport when he was joking about a question regarding an airport!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If they’re lying about this stuff, what else are they lying about???

I’m just asking questions here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Clint isn't even their dad! he's a paid actor.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hope they're not paying him very much

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This is probably the best haunted doll watch of all time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Can you....can you just sell nothing on ebay?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Can you....can you just sell nothing on ebay?

I think people have been selling spells on ebay for years, as in "Give me your name and location and I'll cast the spell on you remotely."

The common thread is the disclaimer at the end of the listings: "eBay requires that I put this: THIS LISTING IS PURELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT, I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING REAL, NO GUARANTEES, NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED"

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I mean, my one SA claim to viral fame was literally selling an rear end-kicking on eBay.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Shinjobi posted:

Cooper is murdered her father first thing in the morning

An epic patricide no question

But....

I was just listening to an episode of Neat and Tommy Smirl told everyone that Cooper spent her time at Disney World licking all the trash cans. So maybe she needs to aim her fire at grandpa.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'm not a regular Sawbones listener. Which episode do I look for if I want to hear Sydnee do holiday movies?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, most of the Max Fun ads are bad because they're annoying, but that's like the vibe of the network and that's what people like

This one was just kind of a shitshow on a production level

There are a lot of bad Max Fun ads because there are a lot of bad Max Fun shows.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zero One posted:

I was just listening to an episode of Neat and Tommy Smirl told everyone that Cooper spent her time at Disney World licking all the trash cans. So maybe she needs to aim her fire at grandpa.
that's how you inoculate yourself to covid

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

wizzardstaff posted:

I'm not a regular Sawbones listener. Which episode do I look for if I want to hear Sydnee do holiday movies?

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/sawbones/sawbones-special-presentation-medicine-called-christmas/
https://maximumfun.org/episodes/sawbones/a-medicine-called-christmas-2-a-royal-pain/

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The only other good Max Fun show I’ve listened to is Friendly Fire in which curmudgeon John Roderick and two Star Trek ding dongs discuss war movies. They have a really good chemistry together and is a nice easy listen. A good movie podcast

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

jo and manolo are speedrunning getting cancelled from more podcast networks than anyone else, and i respect it

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

From the little bit I've listened to, Dr. Gameshow is more like Wait Wait Don't Tell Me except with stupid games instead of the news. It seems like it works better with a live audience so it might be kinda dumb now that it's all virtual.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

George H.W. oval office posted:

The only other good Max Fun show I’ve listened to is Friendly Fire in which curmudgeon John Roderick and two Star Trek ding dongs discuss war movies. They have a really good chemistry together and is a nice easy listen. A good movie podcast

Agreed, Friendly Fire is a great listen. Especially if you were able to watch the movie they review in advance. It’s still good even if you haven’t seen the movie they’re talking about, but obviously it’s better if you have, especially if you’ve seen it recently

E: also Story Break is good. But I think that’s all of them!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Mission to Zyxx is good for people who wish Adventure Zone would abandon the pretense of being a game and just focus on goofing around with the characters.

vvvvvv oh yeah and Beef & Dairy Network is very good

Thank you!

wizzardstaff fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 26, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Bubble was good, Beef and Dairy is incredible, and I keep Troubled Water in my feed because I enjoy panel shows

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i listen to the Greatest Generation. which features the aforementioned star trek ding dongs recapping star trek episodes

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

George H.W. oval office posted:

Most of the MaxFun shows I actually like are in the genre of "people who are friends in real life basically recording their natural banter" like MBMBAM, JJGO, Friendly Fire and Baby Geniuses.

But some of the more put-together shows like Beef and Dairy and Mission to Zyxx are amazing.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 26, 2020

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The thing with Dr Gameshow is that it relies on listeners being funny or clever in their game submissions, which doesn't always work. And sometimes the guests aren't as down to play dumb poo poo as they think they are. Their run from when they first joined MaxFun I think was pretty good, but it really does come down to how much you like a combination of someone with exhausted manic energy, someone who never sounds like he's trying, and basically dice rolls on whether any given game is good. I fell off it a while ago, but stay subscribed because I enjoyed it for a bit and may give it a go again.

: The episodes with Joe Pera from before they were on MaxFun I remember being pretty good, and the episode with Aldan Ford from Mission to Zyxx was also very fun.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Friendly Fire is amazing, but I like to have seen the movies they're talking about, and I haven't seen a lot of War movies. I really like the war-adjacent ones they drop in the bonus feed though

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

yeah actually they will posted:

i listen to the Greatest Generation. which features the aforementioned star trek ding dongs recapping star trek episodes
I listened to something like the first four TNG seasons of Greatest Generation despite having seen very few of those episodes and with no intention to see them again.

I don't know that it's "good" per se, there's a lot of nasty Wesley jokes in the early stuff that are basically pedophilia humor. But I've now so thoroughly acclimated myself to Adam and Ben's personalities that Friendly Fire and particularly the Friendly Fire BOCO is a real treat.

Greatest Generation seems like it was started basically on a dare from John Roderick, so having him on the podcast with those lads is great. He's now one of those John Hodgman types where his profession is basically "professional podcast bloviator".

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

yeah in hindsight im not sure how i got into greatest gen. the pedo wesley stuff is pretty weird.

i haven't listened in a while though, there were three new star trek seasons this year and i got a bit trekked out.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Here’s a bit of nightmare fuel

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1342960789200764928?s=21

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Tears In A Vial posted:

yeah in hindsight im not sure how i got into greatest gen. the pedo wesley stuff is pretty weird.

i haven't listened in a while though, there were three new star trek seasons this year and i got a bit trekked out.

I'm listening through it now because I'm watching TNG straight through for the first time. The pedo jokes almost put me off, but they seem to be cutting back on them by ep 40 or 50.

I really like The Flop House, in fact I started listening to McElroy shows only after the incredibly annoying TAZ ads on The Flop House wore me down over time.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
If you enjoy Beef and dairy network

You may also enjoy

https://pca.st/podcast/b66dbd10-d89f-0137-1e2e-0acc26574db2

St elsewick neighbourhood association newsletter podcast

A small British town is (poorly) transitioning from a paper newsletter to podcast format

The spot the difference is difficult in an audio medium and it seems the neighbourhood of St elsewick wasn't really aware of the newsletter to begin with. It's very good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's a lot of rough jokes in early Greatest Gen that mostly fall by the wayside as the years go on and Ben and Adam become more aware that poo poo like that isn't funny

so they shift to talking about Morn's gigantic dick instead

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Entropic posted:

Most of the MaxFun shows I actually like are in the genre of "people who are friends in real life basically recording their natural banter" like MBMBAM, JJGO, Friendly Fire and Baby Geniuses.

This is precisely why I love the Flop House so much.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Beef and Dairy is so good when it's good. I just recently re-listened to the "Ballad of Parsnip Flendercroft" episode and it's still amazing.

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/beef-and-dairy-network/beef-and-dairy-network-podcast-episode-42-ballad-parsnip-flendercroft/

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

wizzardstaff posted:

Mission to Zyxx is good for people who wish Adventure Zone would abandon the pretense of being a game and just focus on goofing around with the characters.

vvvvvv oh yeah and Beef & Dairy Network is very good
Mission to Zyxx is amazing, and everyone should give it a shot. It’s definitely my favorite MaxFun podcast (EAT IT MCELROYS), and maybe even my favorite podcast full stop.

Edit: I’m gonna have to give Beef & Dairy Network another try. I listened to a few episodes but never really got into it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Phlag posted:

Mission to Zyxx is amazing, and everyone should give it a shot. It’s definitely my favorite MaxFun podcast (EAT IT MCELROYS), and maybe even my favorite podcast full stop.

Edit: I’m gonna have to give Beef & Dairy Network another try. I listened to a few episodes but never really got into it.

Start from the start, that was my error and now it's a top ten for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I really love Mission to Zyxx but can't stand the second episode. I suggest skipping that one.