Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

Question for those I’ve seen posting about working in informatics:

How do you like it? What is your schedule like, and what is your normal day-to-day routine? I’m getting pretty burnt out on inpatient and am trying to figure out my next move. I’m looking into doing an MSN through Grand Canyon University, I had previously done 4-5 classes for an education degree and I’m pretty certain at least a couple of them will count towards it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Assuming you like working with technology, and spending a lot of time at the computer, informatics work is awesome.

Informatics work is usually broken down in to two groups: application support (i.e. Epic Analyst) and nursing/clinical informatics. Some hospitals will blend them together but usually they are separate.

Currently, I am an Epic Analyst. I support the clinical documentation module. My day goes 0830 - 1700, currently 100% working from home. Application support focuses a lot of fixing issues and building enhancements. An issue could be "We just received a patient straight from the OR to the SICU but I can't place any orders on them and I don't see them in the Pyxis. Why?" An enhancement could be "we are receiving mobile devices, how can we link them with Epic so we can document vitals?"

Nursing Informatics is more broad, and I find it to be more enjoyable when you have a good team. I touched a lot of stuff working NI, ranging from staff education to improving workflow processes, building reports for managers, supporting the IT chapter for Joint Commission etc... Typically you're going to need to be on campus more working NI.

Normal day to day work will typically be answering emails, attending meetings, and working on whatever projects you're wrapped up in. NI will typically be more at-the-elbow and in the clinical spaces compared to application analysts.

My background is med-surg and MICU, and I currently have a BSN. I landed my first NI job with an ASN, got an interview through a friend-of-a-friend. Now days, to be competitive you'll want a BSN. A Masters would be nice but I recommend you try and land a job first, or at least shadow NI for a while, before you invest that money. You might not find the work enjoyable.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions. I've been doing this work for 6 years across 3 different health systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Assuming you like working with technology, and spending a lot of time at the computer, informatics work is awesome.

Informatics work is usually broken down in to two groups: application support (i.e. Epic Analyst) and nursing/clinical informatics. Some hospitals will blend them together but usually they are separate.

Currently, I am an Epic Analyst. I support the clinical documentation module. My day goes 0830 - 1700, currently 100% working from home. Application support focuses a lot of fixing issues and building enhancements. An issue could be "We just received a patient straight from the OR to the SICU but I can't place any orders on them and I don't see them in the Pyxis. Why?" An enhancement could be "we are receiving mobile devices, how can we link them with Epic so we can document vitals?"

Nursing Informatics is more broad, and I find it to be more enjoyable when you have a good team. I touched a lot of stuff working NI, ranging from staff education to improving workflow processes, building reports for managers, supporting the IT chapter for Joint Commission etc... Typically you're going to need to be on campus more working NI.

Normal day to day work will typically be answering emails, attending meetings, and working on whatever projects you're wrapped up in. NI will typically be more at-the-elbow and in the clinical spaces compared to application analysts.

My background is med-surg and MICU, and I currently have a BSN. I landed my first NI job with an ASN, got an interview through a friend-of-a-friend. Now days, to be competitive you'll want a BSN. A Masters would be nice but I recommend you try and land a job first, or at least shadow NI for a while, before you invest that money. You might not find the work enjoyable.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions. I've been doing this work for 6 years across 3 different health systems.

Thanks, this is really good info! I got pretty heavily involved as a super user during Mayo Clinic’s transition to Epic a couple years ago, it’s definitely something I’m interested in. I used to dread the idea of going to meetings all day but it’s starting to sound a lot more appealing than dumping hats full of diarrhea.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I do programming and stuff, linux, generally spend most all my freetime trying to write code, read about code, watch videos on computer science, basically I throw my everything into it. But I just don't have interest in an Emar at all. Usually they are awful software and everyone I know is always mad at the computer. Most nurses I know are super tech illiterate. Just the other day I clicked the maximize the window button and my co worker I was training was like "wait wtf did you just do?" Anyway I didn't come here to talk about that.

Has anyone worked nursing homes before? I did it PRN for a bit and did CNA work graveyards while i was working on the RN. I made $7.25 an hour as a cna lol. Anyway, it was just rows and rows, hallways of people in bed with their mouth open, receiving nutrition via peg tube. All they could do was groan and their biggest entertainment was trying to piss on you. All of them were aphasia. One lady the only word she could say was "Charley Pride." I don't think normal everyday people even realize what goes on behind these nursing home walls. The facility is all about the money, if the resident own a house, the nursing home takes that house. I think some kind of human rights organization should intervene and just do something, that people have to keep living like that I think it's cruel.

excellent bird guy fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 16, 2020

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The nursing home is their house so if the nursing home benefits from taking this other so-called house, then the patient's house just got better!

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I know this topic has been beat to death, probably, but if a nurse ever has THC detected in their system, then they lose their ability to work for a year and/or has to go to drug rehab (and pay for it), while also having a strike against them for the rest of their career. Pretty good reason not to do it. I'd love to but I'd be so worried for months and months as I get drug tested at least 4 times a year and I want to play by the rules. A place in Milwuakee wanted to freaking hair test me, I just refused that offer altogether for such intrusiveness. I know a lot of nurses do though. One was talking to me the other day in the med room and I was thinking "dude you know we are being recorded right now, those people in main control have nothing better to do than sit here and listen to us right now."

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
it's such a stupid rule, and pushes people into much more harmful habits (namely, drinking). it's 100% political and makes zero practical sense. glad i've figured out that i actually don't like weed that much since i'm working on getting into a nursing program lol

do they watch you pee at most hospital jobs? it's my understanding that fake pee/borrowing your boring friend's pee works pretty well for most company drug tests, but i'm not sure about medical

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

turd in my singlet posted:

it's such a stupid rule, and pushes people into much more harmful habits (namely, drinking). it's 100% political and makes zero practical sense. glad i've figured out that i actually don't like weed that much since i'm working on getting into a nursing program lol

do they watch you pee at most hospital jobs? it's my understanding that fake pee/borrowing your boring friend's pee works pretty well for most company drug tests, but i'm not sure about medical

a poo poo ton of doctors are alcoholics as loving poo poo, or are writing themselves prescriptions. If your narc count is wrong, you'll have to go to pharmacy and tell them something is missing. Most places will drug test you right there as the shift is changing before you go home. So you can *surprise* be tested because some doofus nurse you work with or the count was not right to begin with. One time at a nursing home a lot of the oral/liquid ativan was missing, and we were counting the empty syringes for god knows how long, weeks, months. Most sublingual drugs are colored (like morphine is blue), but these were clear so someone realized they were gone one day and every employed nurse got tested that week, there at the job. I think pharmacy probably stole it, they are gently caress ups too. I would advise, not trying to cheat the system because if you lose your license that's a lot of money your going to lose when (and you should just assume that you will) get caught. Right now because I am an agency worker I go to an offsite to get my piss screened, they run all kinds of tests on it like temperature and p.h.. I don't gently caress around when it comes to losing my license until the day comes when I can afford to.
Ok good talk I'm going back to studying my web dev materials now so i can have freedom good luck with your schoolings.

excellent bird guy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 23, 2020

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I've seen a handful of ICU nurses get caught diverting, one with a syringe in his arm passed out in the bathroom, and they all got to choose between rehab and termination. None lost their license. One who finished the rehab later took a covid contract and got like $120/hr for 12 weeks, he's probably high as hell right now.

If your employer is dashing licenses for marijuana and audio bugging the med room, well that blows for you buddy.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Fun Times! posted:

I've seen a handful of ICU nurses get caught diverting, one with a syringe in his arm passed out in the bathroom, and they all got to choose between rehab and termination. None lost their license. One who finished the rehab later took a covid contract and got like $120/hr for 12 weeks, he's probably high as hell right now.

If your employer is dashing licenses for marijuana and audio bugging the med room, well that blows for you buddy.

I'm working in forensics so the entire establishment has cameras and is recorded with audio available, managed by very bored Mental Health Techs/Low Rent COs who sit in a tiny room and open and close the doors while listening to everybody. It's like a hospital jail. So what happens if you get caught with weed? They fire you right, and turn your name into the nursing board, at least they threaten to. Then the nursing board are tyrants, they make you sit out a year/or rehab. Then you have to report it for the rest of your career, is this not accurate? I'm haven't exactly looked into it much, but I'm so sad I can't do the marijuana any more as it's zapped any motivation I have to actually go out and have fun without it.
A job I had last year terminated a social worker for positive THC screen in a legal marijuana state.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Here’s a shot in the dark. Anyone know a nurse that’s gone through the Gwynned Mercy weekend BSN? It’s a 3 year course and the recruiter made it sound like I could easily get in without reviewing any of my transcripts. He wanted me to start this august, but it’s too soon with everything I’ve got going on now.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

White Chocolate posted:

Here’s a shot in the dark. Anyone know a nurse that’s gone through the Gwynned Mercy weekend BSN? It’s a 3 year course and the recruiter made it sound like I could easily get in without reviewing any of my transcripts. He wanted me to start this august, but it’s too soon with everything I’ve got going on now.

Be very skeptical. If the recruiter wants to rush you in asap and not review your transcripts, and it's called the 'weekend BSN,' that sounds like red flag, red flag, red flag. But I have no idea personally and it's for sure I think better to go on the side of cheap than spend a ton of money on a fancy school because in the end nobody really cares. I got an ADN. If somebody refused me for not having a BSN I'd tell them to screw off. ( i have a ton of pointless degrees already).

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
birdguy:

I'm guessing you work in the midwest and that should explain the vast majority of the institutional problems.

To your point about adn/bsn there are plenty of places on the west coast in the desirable cities that simply don't hire ADN nurses. Magnet status requires X% of BSN trained nurses so it makes sense to prohibit hiring new ADN nurses given a relative glut of BSN available.

We got one of our own 86'd who was on probation for suspected diversion but subsequently could not keep her poo poo together or actually care for patients. We found documentation that either A) she was falsifying vital signs (it was this) or B) She was giving IV anti-hypertensives when vitals didn't meet order parameters. It had to be one or the other and the documentation basically had her dead to rights. I think I've- written this story out in the healthcare megathread. She voluntarily surrendered her license.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

One of my favorite parts of working crit is VS all day ‘er day, just verify them every few hours.

“Yo gam gam is real sick so we need to put this thermometer up her butt so I can verify temps like a boss”

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Roki B posted:

birdguy:

I'm guessing you work in the midwest and that should explain the vast majority of the institutional problems.

To your point about adn/bsn there are plenty of places on the west coast in the desirable cities that simply don't hire ADN nurses. Magnet status requires X% of BSN trained nurses so it makes sense to prohibit hiring new ADN nurses given a relative glut of BSN available.

We got one of our own 86'd who was on probation for suspected diversion but subsequently could not keep her poo poo together or actually care for patients. We found documentation that either A) she was falsifying vital signs (it was this) or B) She was giving IV anti-hypertensives when vitals didn't meet order parameters. It had to be one or the other and the documentation basically had her dead to rights. I think I've- written this story out in the healthcare megathread. She voluntarily surrendered her license.

Wow what a story. I've been an agency nurse for a few years so I'm all over, right now in the pacific NW but rural. Having worked in the south and mid-south, I think the pay is lower and the conditions are worse there. Was wanting to get the WA and Oregon license but I've been told it takes a little time to do, so was thinking about waiting until Jan to work on it, and until then heading to the east coast. I was told that in the midwest (i've never actually worked in the midwest unless you count Denver), if the pay is too good to be true then it will be. Likely to entail working some terrible conditions which may put the license in jeopardy. Haven't been Northeast (Maine, NH, Vermont), but I hear good things. I'm not against BSN if I loved being in this field which I don't. Anyway, thank you for telling me your story, that was interesting.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
What's the difference between an ADN and an LPN? When I worked in Canada there were plenty of RPNs (LPN equivalent) but obviously no ADNs because that's not a thing there, and the RPNs made less and couldn't technically care for acute patients even though they did all the time. The hospital I currently work at in the states has no LPNs and only a few ADNs who have to attain their BScN within a year because they're trying to be Magnet hospital or whatever it's called.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

computer angel posted:

What's the difference between an ADN and an LPN? When I worked in Canada there were plenty of RPNs (LPN equivalent) but obviously no ADNs because that's not a thing there, and the RPNs made less and couldn't technically care for acute patients even though they did all the time. The hospital I currently work at in the states has no LPNs and only a few ADNs who have to attain their BScN within a year because they're trying to be Magnet hospital or whatever it's called.

I sign my name, RN. ADN and BSN are both Registered Nurse. These are college degrees.. A person with an ADN or a BSN can take the NCLEX.
A person with an Associate degree in nursing and a prior BS can take online courses and get the BSN in about a year. I could do it, it would cost about $10,000, be very very boring, and i wouldn't learn anything. But you can't apply for a MSN until you have the BSN so that would be a practical reason. Also if you are forced to by your employer. I hope they are paying for it.

excellent bird guy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 7, 2020

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Every job I've seen gives $0.50-$1/hr for having the BSN so community college online pays for itself rather quickly. Lol if you get a nursing adn or bachelor's from university

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

computer angel posted:

Degree vs license. RN and LPN are both licenses (NPs are less uniform but my CRNP is also a license, other states handle that differently.) ADN, BSN, MSN, and DNP (and PhD) are all degrees, and have no legal bearing on state practice acts, legal authority, etc. They also don't expire or need renewal and by themselves, mean nothing besides a degree of academic achievement. An RN with an MSN, DNP, or PhD is legally identical to an RN with an ADN in terms of practice authority. Passing at least an ADN degree usually qualifies you to sit for your RN licensure exam. BSN programs likewise qualify you to sit for an RN licensure exam. A MSN or DNP might qualify you for a NP certification exam, which if you pass you take to the state you wish to practice in and apply for a license, but they don't have to. Some MSN degrees are more management-based and so while they are MSNs, don't come with the required clinical time to sit for an exam.

LPNs have fewer practice rights within the U.S. than RNs and are rare outside of long-term care facilities or nursing homes. Similarly, NPs have expanded practice rights and authority compared to RNs. But those all derive from their state license, which is entirely separate from their degree of academic achievement. I know two PhD, RNs for instance. They practice identically to every ADN RN (or would if they practiced clinically but they both do research).

E: I don't know the details of CRNA licensure or I'd speak to it more.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 7, 2020

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
Are there any resources or old posts about travel nursing? Experiences, advice, etc. My partner is looking for the geographical and cultural variation of travel nursing, either domestically or even abroad [if that is a thing].

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Are there any resources or old posts about travel nursing? Experiences, advice, etc. My partner is looking for the geographical and cultural variation of travel nursing, either domestically or even abroad [if that is a thing].

Sign with a large company. Small companies will rip you off. Be careful of the south. I just signed a deal to go to the east coast just literally 5 minutes ago, so that is exciting. Ask whatever you want I am happy to chat / help.

excellent bird guy fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 9, 2020

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

As someone who has worked in the Midwest the pay is complete poo poo in comparison to where I am now (oregon).

Working conditions in my hospital weren't great, but they weren't bad because we were a community hospital that wasn't owned by a big hospital system.

Fast forward to 3 years after I left for flight, the hospital was gobbled up by a big midwest hospital system, they fired the director of the E.R and within 12 months more than half of the staff I worked with found new jobs. My buddy who still works PRN says that there are more travelers there than full time nurses.

Talking with my friends from nursing school worked for the bigger hospitals and all of them said that working conditions were god awful, but I can't say that they ever felt like their license was in jeopardy, minus some super unsafe staffing ratio's at times. He said it was more or less just management/leadership trying to make the utmost amount of cash on the hospital system that had no union, and allowed them to work the ever loving poo poo out of the nurses for like...24 bucks an hour.

rosenritter
Feb 22, 2014
Is this a bad time to apply to the ICU? I've been working in a stressful telemetry/med-surg unit for about two years now, and I think it's about time for me to jump ship.

I wonder how the pandemic is affecting training. Every one of my co-workers that's left this unit and gone to ICU seems to love their new job, but I don't want to underestimate it, you know? Having one or two extremely sick patients on the verge and having to worry about them the whole time... It makes me nervous to apply.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
It’s never the wrong time to go to ICU. I’ve been in the ICU for about six years and I’m still learning and seeing new things. At first it’s scary, but if you’re nervous about your patients it means you’re a nurse who cares. There is a very steep learning curve and you will feel like an idiot for about a year, but once you start to handle patient care by yourself, it’s a great feeling. Don’t worry about covid stuff, they can be some of the sickest and most interesting patients (aka a great learning opportunity).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Greetings thread. This might be a little... strange... but I work at a theatre and we're running a Get Out The Vote campaign, non-partisan, for the usual 501c(3) reasons, and are looking for voices from nurses and healthcare providers. 1-2 minute selfie vids. Not monetized or anything, just like, as a public service. If anyone reading this would like to participate, I would love that. It does involve a bit of mutual information swap.. so.. eek! I didn't exactly plan well because my brain doesn't work good and the deadline is fast approaching (mondayish) ack.

Anyways, if you would like to participate lemme know. I can be reached via PM or at smythe@somethingawful.com

mods: if im outa line or w/e just delete it or pm me whatever. Apologies.

MANY THANKS!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Pointing out: The Nursing megathread's title is now up to date with Halloween flair after not changing it for an entire year.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I think we should just change it to COVID swab is the spookiest test you'll ever take.

Xepherra
Apr 4, 2008

It burst into flames! It burst into flames, and it's falling, it's crashing!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I think we should just change it to COVID swab is the spookiest test you'll ever take.

Speaking of...

What’s everyone’s “uh oh” threshold for getting COVID tested? I work ER, and started having a sore throat and very mild cough this morning, but I’m not sure if it’s just feeling dry from the heating kicking on or what... but I also don’t want to be the dummy that infects the whole staff by accident (an entire shift went down during the first surge.) I’m very careful at work (p100, full PPE, strict hygiene) but I usually volunteer to take care of the COVID PUI/Pos rooms because I’m younger and healthier than many of my colleagues/want to minimize their risk.

At work, you technically only need to have one symptom, but realistically we don’t want to test unless you’re febrile. During the first surge, we wouldn’t test unless febrile in fact. But now that I can drive to a CVS (and wait a few hours in line) to get it done... idk. Maybe if I still feel off in a few days I’ll do that, before I’m back to work.

So yeah. Tell me about your COVID testing culture?

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

Xepherra posted:

Speaking of...

What’s everyone’s “uh oh” threshold for getting COVID tested? I work ER, and started having a sore throat and very mild cough this morning, but I’m not sure if it’s just feeling dry from the heating kicking on or what... but I also don’t want to be the dummy that infects the whole staff by accident (an entire shift went down during the first surge.) I’m very careful at work (p100, full PPE, strict hygiene) but I usually volunteer to take care of the COVID PUI/Pos rooms because I’m younger and healthier than many of my colleagues/want to minimize their risk.

At work, you technically only need to have one symptom, but realistically we don’t want to test unless you’re febrile. During the first surge, we wouldn’t test unless febrile in fact. But now that I can drive to a CVS (and wait a few hours in line) to get it done... idk. Maybe if I still feel off in a few days I’ll do that, before I’m back to work.

So yeah. Tell me about your COVID testing culture?

I called occ health about two months ago because I had a very minor scratchy throat (allergies and wildfire smoke, in retrospect) and they immediately put me on work hold and had me get a test. I missed three shifts and felt like poo poo about it because I felt totally fine otherwise. My hospital systems policy is kind of a catch-22 because if you miss a positive employee that infects the rest of the staff you're hosed for staffing but if you hold everyone with a minor scratchy throat out automatically you are also hosed for staffing. It makes me not want to go through occ health if I feel the need to get tested again when they're being that aggressive with minor symptoms.

I mean they paid me for the time off but I don't really like missing work for no reason. That's just me though.

If I was you I would do my best to get tested but having to wait in line for hours is bullshit, there aren't any better options in your area?

Xepherra
Apr 4, 2008

It burst into flames! It burst into flames, and it's falling, it's crashing!

hobbez posted:

If I was you I would do my best to get tested but having to wait in line for hours is bullshit, there aren't any better options in your area?

I’m going to call my PMD and see if he can’t just write me a script/refer me prioritized for a molecular test tomorrow morning. The other option is showing up at my own ER for rapid antigen + molecular testing and potentially embarrassing myself. I don’t want to be the clown that comes in with sinusitis demanding a Covid test that comes back rapid antigen negative. As the new kid on the block, it’s tough not to think “but what will my colleagues start saying about me if I do.” :tinfoil: (bc they already voraciously talk poo poo about others)

Hence exploring outpatient options first.

But also... what if it wouldn’t be antigen negative... and I could know sooner... :ohdear:

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
My toddler is constantly bringing home crud from daycare, so we are always sick. I’ve gotten tested for covid when I felt miserable, beyond “just a cold.” For this I’ve been tested three times and they were all negative.

I also got tested a week after finding out I was exposed at work, I was asymptotic, and it was negative.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Our provincial policy that has just been loudly repeated by management was last week is “don’t you loving dare come in sick, we’re paying you to get tested and isolate while awaiting results”.

Of course we’re able to do this because everyone working part time was forced into overtime by legal decree, but that’s how the cookie crumbles.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
It’s just kinda crazy healthcare workers don’t have access to “no-questions asked” priority testing

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My workplace is getting into the "proper screwed" stage and I think everyone is being strongly advised to get swabbed despite the fact that it could result in many staff being off. Things are looking bad with the current trend of positive cases in the population though so what can you do.

hobbez posted:

It’s just kinda crazy healthcare workers don’t have access to “no-questions asked” priority testing
Good point!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Am I the first goon RN to get a covid vaccine?

I'm doing EHR support now but apparently my new hospital received an extra shipment and they opened registration for all staff.

No cool new superpowers to report yet.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I got one last week and I'll get my second one Jan 8 god willing. My hospital just sent an email and those interested had to opt in and set up an appointment. There was no algorithm, CNA, RN, and doc alike all in line. Feels good man.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I also got mine last week and go back Jan 8th for round 2, but I got mine because I was in the Pfizer study, so did my wife.

We’re still in the study, so we got paid to get them :v:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Well, you both stole my thunder. :mad:

Also, I just looked back at my first post in this thread 12 years ago. First off, I'm getting old. Second, it's funny how things work out.

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone here have experience at going from terrible grades in another major into being accepted for a nursing program? I am a 3 year Electrical Engineering major and I hate my field, so I am looking at going into an RN program. The downside is, my grades are TERRIBLE due to the EE classes that I sucked at. Any advice on how to improve my chances at getting accepted into a program? Should I find out what the prereqs are for my school and just take them over and try to ace it or what?

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015
I got mine last week as week. Ours was done on a tiered basis. I’m hoping to get my next one on the 6th.

My partner’s hospital hosted the hunger games. She literally got an email that said “we thawed 126 doses, come over now first come first served”

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Got mine this last tuesday. I work in an e.r so priority went to us and ICU/PCU Nurses who deal with covid patients on the reg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My workplace seems to have a lottery system where some people are receiving notice they can get the vaccine and others aren't so lucky yet. Pure randomness, I like it.