Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Struggle_Tweet/status/1341881773169340416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Necrothatcher posted:

Our beneficent government has promised us "adequate food".

I wonder how the promised offensive of artisanal jam exports into the EU is going to work without fruit. I don't think there's much call for turnip jam in France.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fun fact: Britain is only two thirds self sufficient in potato. lol

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I think you can get rhubarb year round because it's grown in a dark room.

It's the creepiest loving thing too. They crack as they grow, and it's a candlelit room so basically it sounds and looked like you are in Castlevania if you ordered it off wish.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jesus wept

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

*in 50/50 Pinhead and animesexual voice*

We have such sights to show you.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Has there been a movement by incels to be included in the LGBT?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

That's it right there

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

steinrokkan posted:

The term was invented by a woman to describe her experience being an older lesbian in a small town.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Skwirl posted:

im just like "bruh, seriously, bruh" i have nothing more to add just bruh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

The term was invented by a woman to describe her experience being an older lesbian in a small town.

Well, yeah, but, you know

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

OwO, what's dis? Oooooooo we have such sights to show you! You opened the box, we came!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

steinrokkan posted:

Not just in, they wanted to switch the acronym to ILGBT. Because Incel are just that important, and shouldn't be shunted over with the also rans in Q+.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ILGBT%2B

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/dg3zs8/incels_are_a_part_of_the_lgbt_community/

quote:

Incels are a part of the LGBT community
Or should I say, ILGBT. We are a sexual minority and deserve recognition

https://rareddit.com/r/Braincels/comments/cmy4zp/no_you_cant_include_incels_in_the_lgbt_community/

quote:

“No! You can’t include incels in the LGBT community. NO! It’s not the iLGBT community now. You can’t just put the “i” in the front of all other orientations. NO! INCELS CANT BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY EVEN THOUGH "iLGBT" HAS A RING TO IT AND THEY SUFFER MORE THAN ALL THE LGBT COMMUNITY COMBINED”

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm fully behind "murtists" entering common use.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The proper tact was getting into the Q and slowly taking iver

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

You opened the box, we came!

And that's why your channel got demonetized.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I've heard New Atheists are starting to become Trad-Caths because it allows them new, exciting ways to be shitheads, and wow:

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1341801500583088128

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'll trust your expertise on the matter

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

orange juche posted:

It wasn't as obvious as say the Incredibles 2 scene with the flashing nightmare room bullshit, that actually made my head hurt and I'm not epileptic, so I can't begin to imagine what that would be like as someone who is sensitive to it. Kinda shocked Pixar managed to release a movie with a 30 second long full screen black and white strobe sequence.

Ask anybody with photo triggers about the final loving half-hour of The Last Jedi, and no, they didn't warn anybody. That's one movie I'll never see, although I regret that less after the reviews came in.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
E: bad post

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Ask anybody with photo triggers about the final loving half-hour of The Last Jedi, and no, they didn't warn anybody. That's one movie I'll never see, although I regret that less after the reviews came in.

I have never been sober enough to remember the last half hour, sounds like a doozy!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
the Cyberpunk defenders and TLJ haters venn diagram is just a circle

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Necrothatcher posted:

I always figured mashed potato was pretty common in the US.

It is. Britain is fairly limited on what it can gloat about food wise, but roast potatoes are far superior to the very common US mashed, and chip shop chips are so much better than even the best fries. Have definitely had better potato wedges in the UK than the US too. Not sure why the potato crop here isn’t as good, but it can’t be denied.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

the Cyberpunk defenders and TLJ haters venn diagram is just a circle

Much like incels and animesexuals

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

It is. Britain is fairly limited on what it can gloat about food wise, but roast potatoes are far superior to the very common US mashed, and chip shop chips are so much better than even the best fries. Have definitely had better potato wedges in the UK than the US too. Not sure why the potato crop here isn’t as good, but it can’t be denied.

Something about oppression of the Irish.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

drat it, I meant The Rise of Skywalker. My brain failed me. I loved TLJ, and I'll never see Rise of Skywalker because of the aforementioned strobing.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

EL BROMANCE posted:

A lot of American crops are effectively a monoculture. There are like, five varieties of potatoes you can buy in America without really going out of your way. Europe and Britain are generally better at having a superior variety of staple fruits and vegetables.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Okay, which of you is this?

https://twitter.com/makeupaguy/status/1341974134306299904?s=20

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

there wolf posted:

Are you just totally unfamiliar with post-punk, or making some dumb not-real-punk distinction here? They don't put 80's/90's Black Flag in cyberpunk because by the 80's there was a whole host of electronic and experimental music that was inspired/had spun off of 70's punk. New Wave, industrial, even ska shows up in cyberpunk media a lot.

I was trying to get at the roots of it.

Also please don't mention ska, it's very triggering.

I know a lot of genres came off of punk but that wasn't really my point to begin with.

I feel like the idiot on social media right now.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

Gats Akimbo posted:

Apart from Root :pervert:

Found a picture of Root.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
These things usually don't end up with a funny answer, but this one takes it to another loving level:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pneub posted:

These things usually don't end up with a funny answer, but this one takes it to another loving level:

Lord Tex Enchilada of Bartel's

That sorta works.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lord Henry Kung Pow Chicken of Gelato Messina

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lord Toby Onion of Eat My rear end

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lord Soup of Soup

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Lord Bengt-Voldemort Gingerbread Cookie of Coop

This could've gone better

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lord Dr Domino Fuzzbutt PhD MD Chicken of Acme

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Lord Chief Chicken Philly of The Onion

hmm

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Lord Cyberpunk Cyberpunk of Well Actually That's Not Cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
moon moon