Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tenderman :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/EdSigma/status/1341736982876213250

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

this is very good

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol test every american for coronavirus vs end world hunger, I wonder which is more important.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

this is also a good example of a billion Vs a million

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YUWDrLazCg

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

human garbage bag posted:

Lol test every american for coronavirus vs end world hunger, I wonder which is more important.

Trick question, neither is worthwhile. What America needs is more yachts.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

a million seconds is 11 days and a billion seconds is 32 years

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol saw this in the cursed thread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Yeah we don't have that in Denmark.

You get dagpenge for a year (used to be two years) via your union, adjusted to your previous income

So, you do have it.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hey man, it's Christmas.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So, you do have it.

No, we have päivärahaa, not whatever long and convoluted poo poo you have.

Side note: it was cut from four years to two, I don't think it's down to one year yet, and my wife just got employed after said two years, so I have some feeling with it.

The period was also extended during covid, because our government of nominally leftist.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dongicus posted:

Hey man, it's Christmas.

and some of us take our war on Christmas blood oaths seriously, jinglebeller

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So, you do have it.

BonHair posted:

No, we have päivärahaa, not whatever long and convoluted poo poo you have.

Side note: it was cut from four years to two, I don't think it's down to one year yet, and my wife just got employed after said two years, so I have some feeling with it.

The period was also extended during covid, because our government of nominally leftist.

sorry i guess the translation i found was bad... i guess its still "up to" two years. i thought they cut it down to a year at some point, maybe not, you cant really tell when youre on it, the amount is so small that every day is a struggle and your horizon shrinks to a week at best.

im lucky that my parents were still working and could lend me some money, theyre retired now and it wont be possible if it happens to me again. im paying back to them for the next 30 years lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/peachcrisis/status/1342081703779721217?s=19

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Always remember when it comes to capitalist economies unemployment is desirable. All those fucks in power who bang on about bootstraps and welfare queens would poo poo a brick if they all got a job.

Full employment moves too much power into the hands of the workers. If everyone is employed and you need new worker you have to actually offer better terms than their current job. And the firm the worker came from has to do the same.

There are a plethora of terms for this kind of inflation and why it's oh so bad for the economy.

Which might be true, I'm not an economist, but a very large number of people being unemployed is by design and desirable to the government. Remember that when they treat them like poo poo.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Always remember when it comes to capitalist economies unemployment is desirable. All those fucks in power who bang on about bootstraps and welfare queens would poo poo a brick if they all got a job.

Full employment moves too much power into the hands of the workers. If everyone is employed and you need new worker you have to actually offer better terms than their current job. And the firm the worker came from has to do the same.

There are a plethora of terms for this kind of inflation and why it's oh so bad for the economy.

Which might be true, I'm not an economist, but a very large number of people being unemployed is by design and desirable to the government. Remember that when they treat them like poo poo.

Yeah, it's called the reserve army of labour... just another thing to make you crack-ping on this whole capitalism malarkey.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i don’t really know the consensus on it but the book the debt myth really split my brain open about the artificial unemployment thing

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoshGerben/status/1343554884046647301

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

3. Continue to have dudes smash into each on the basketball court without masks

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mask Madness is a symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

oh gently caress, of course we're not getting a break from th e college sportsball nonsense

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

oh gently caress, of course we're not getting a break from th e college sportsball nonsense
come on dude

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i don't even dislike sports, i just have a special hatred in my heart for all of the College Sports Are Everything Guys

Bro, bro, march madness, bro, march madness, sweet sixteen bro, sweet sixteen, ELITE EIGHT MAN, ELITE EIGHT FINAL FOUR BRUH IT'S THE FINAL FOUR!!! BRACKETS, MOTHERFUCKIN' BRACKETS!!!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

i don't even dislike sports, i just have a special hatred in my heart for all of the College Sports Are Everything Guys

Bro, bro, march madness, bro, march madness, sweet sixteen bro, sweet sixteen, ELITE EIGHT MAN, ELITE EIGHT FINAL FOUR BRUH IT'S THE FINAL FOUR!!! BRACKETS, MOTHERFUCKIN' BRACKETS!!!

same but anime

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

same but anime

For all intents and purposes, commercial sports are an ime, and vice versa.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
the ncaa made the rare good decision to cancel march madness last spring so of course they won't make the same mistake this year

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lib and let die posted:

I read this in your av's voice

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

For all intents and purposes, commercial sports are an ime, and vice versa.

how dare you imply anime is like sports

:hai:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

To be honest I'd maybe consider watching basketball if everyone wore tight swimsuits and looked like Free! all the time

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Oh and the squeaking loving shoes

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
college basketball is good when my alma mater has a good team, so agreed, let’s cancel the season

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

To be honest I'd maybe consider watching basketball if everyone wore tight swimsuits and looked like Free! all the time
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11771/Kuroko_no_Basket

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Shame Boy posted:

If men's sport uniforms were like women's sport uniforms I'd certainly give thought to watching them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If men's sport uniforms were like women's sport uniforms I'd certainly give thought to watching them.

its always fun reading the official rules book and seeing its part of the rules that the women have to wear less clothing than the men

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheForwardCabin/status/1343940297227710470

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

To be fair I think a pretty good standard a pilot should have in general is "would I be willing to let my family ride in this plane / with a pilot behaving the way I do / etc." but I get the sneaking suspicion they didn't actually have a say in this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“O.K. kids, do you want to end up on the street or take your chances with fiery crash and viral pneumonia?”

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
They're probably banking on vaccines, which athletes will be provided on silver platters.

I actually work at a mf hospital and they freak out when no one looks at their printer for 30 whole minutes but I'll get the vax in Jan...maybe.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

get the CEO of American Airlines kids on board and then we'll talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Nastier Nate posted:

get the CEO of American Airlines kids on board and then we'll talk

I won’t settle for anything other than the full board.