Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

since we’re talking about picross, how does everyone pronounce picross? I say pic-cross because it’s spelled that way and it makes a picture. but i’ve heard multiple people say py-cross, which makes no sense to me.

Like Rick Ross but with a P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

I say pic-cross because it’s spelled that way.

:thunk:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

b_d posted:

since we’re talking about picross, how does everyone pronounce picross? I say pic-cross because it’s spelled that way and it makes a picture. but i’ve heard multiple people say py-cross, which makes no sense to me.

"pih-CROSS", or like P'Cross

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b_d posted:

---

Anyway, I got to the secret final boss in Furi and ugh. I HATE bullet hell and this boss is just that. I might try it for an hour or two more tomorrow but I really hate it. I actually warmed up to the game with some of the variety shown by the bosses, even if in the end they have more or less different variations on a few different attacks. The last three bosses were particularly interesting. But yeah. I may actually just drop it at this bullet hell boss because gently caress that.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Its ick-ross, the P is silent

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The worst is people who pronounce Termina from Majora’s Mask as “ter-MY-na”

And Hylian as “HILLY-an”

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
'Piss cross' but you don't pronounce the first s sound but secretly you do

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

laKEEtoo or LACKitoo. laKEEtoo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mario or mare-io? yoshi or yersheye

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

b_d posted:

laKEEtoo or LACKitoo. laKEEtoo

Lack-too

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Sword or sword?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

HMS Beagle posted:

Sword or sword?

s-word

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Saying 'Mario' in a way that somehow makes people tell me I'm being racist against Coptic Egyptians

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

HMS Beagle posted:

Sword or sword?

"Sword."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HMS Beagle posted:

Sword or sword?

the one without weapon durability

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm big mad about big bad opinions about Poque GOTY 2018 Ys 8

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Heath posted:

"Sword."

Well now I feel foolish.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Update on FFX save orb: I just missed it and was very dumb.

Like the 4th enemy you fight is a big tentacle that casts Demi on you over and over, which does %damage, getting you close to death but never killing you. Once you beat it, your buddy Auron just sprints straight ahead. Meanwhile, behind the tentacle is a save orb, which doesn't have anything special looking about it.

So if you follow the tutorial shepherd, you end up in a fight against 10 enemies with essentially two hits of health left each. You uh, you also have a bunch of potions but I assumed you didn't because it's the prologue!

Anyway give me "skip cutscene" and "fast forward 3x", gently caress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just stop playing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
kid picross uprising

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Poque posted:

i'm big mad about big bad opinions about Poque GOTY 2018 Ys 8

I was kinda down on Ys 8 and put it down for a while, then played Celceta and went back to 8 and the improvements from Celceta to 8 gave me a much better appreciation for what 8 does right

I am looking forward to Monstrum Nox but I wish they'd port 1+2 Chronicles and Oath in Felghana already. And I wish my physical CE of Origins would ship

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Meat Boy Forever seems like an okay endless runner but I still wish it wasn’t a runner game. I wouldn’t buy it until it was on sale if anyone is interested.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What is it? Like a sodoku?

From my initial look at the screen shot, numbers on the XY and multiple cells broken up into zones.

I assume the cells contain cross references in the XY and you guess which are the picture and which are the negative space.

Am I close?

Its completely braindead but addicting buy one of them you wont regret it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Heath posted:

I was kinda down on Ys 8 and put it down for a while, then played Celceta and went back to 8 and the improvements from Celceta to 8 gave me a much better appreciation for what 8 does right

I am looking forward to Monstrum Nox but I wish they'd port 1+2 Chronicles and Oath in Felghana already. And I wish my physical CE of Origins would ship

Mine just arrived so hopefully yours is in the same batch! The Steelbook is really nice.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i've popped 4 or 5 balloons in animal crossing since the christmas event went live and still haven't got a single one of the recipes. little jones really wanted to build a christmas tree, so this is disappointing

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Poque posted:

Mine just arrived so hopefully yours is in the same batch! The Steelbook is really nice.

It still says Unfulfilled and in production :saddowns:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

b_d posted:

Mario or mare-io?

Mariowo. uwu

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Mark and Luis

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Steam world heist loving rules and I wish there was more if it

Both it and BROFORCE seem like great candidates for procedural infinity levels but no such luck

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Sometimes I think about how Wario is the most racist character in videogames. He's a short, fat, greasy Italian guy with a huge "W" on his hat.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
lol

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/DrAraxxor/status/1341906298317651968

100%ed Super Mario 64. Never got around to doing that until now, though I did manage to 100% the DS version. It's a pretty interesting first attempt at a 3D Mario, though endgame kind of went down the drain. Last 3 levels aren't really that fun to go through, but I enjoyed my experience overall. Onto Sunshine!

EDIT: Wow these cutscenes are really muddy.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 24, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Araxxor posted:

https://twitter.com/DrAraxxor/status/1341906298317651968

100%ed Super Mario 64. Never got around to doing that until now, though I did manage to 100% the DS version. It's a pretty interesting first attempt at a 3D Mario, though endgame kind of went down the drain. Last 3 levels aren't really that fun to go through, but I enjoyed my experience overall. Onto Sunshine!

EDIT: Wow these cutscenes are really muddy.

How have I never noticed "It that really you???" before today? :psyduck:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
idgi... what typo? ^ whoa

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Sorry for the dumb question but this is goddamn confusing it's driving me up a wall.

Bought AC digitally for my wife on my main account. She has a second...profile? On the switch that she's been playing on. It's not linked to a Nintendo account.

If I wanted to buy her a lite, is there a way to get her save onto that console? Hell I will double dip and get her a physical copy of AC so she doesn't have to deal with Nintendo's asinine primary/secondary setup.

Basically, help! This is confusing and dumb.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Muscle Tracer posted:

Update on FFX save orb: I just missed it and was very dumb.

Like the 4th enemy you fight is a big tentacle that casts Demi on you over and over, which does %damage, getting you close to death but never killing you. Once you beat it, your buddy Auron just sprints straight ahead. Meanwhile, behind the tentacle is a save orb, which doesn't have anything special looking about it.

So if you follow the tutorial shepherd, you end up in a fight against 10 enemies with essentially two hits of health left each. You uh, you also have a bunch of potions but I assumed you didn't because it's the prologue!

Do yourself a favor and look up how to beat Yunalesca of you plan on sticking with the game.
It's a bullshit gimmick fight late in the game that has a long unskippable cutscene you have to watch every attempt.

It's not hard if you know how to prep for it but it's a huge wart in an otherwise great game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

Do yourself a favor and look up how to beat Yunalesca of you plan on sticking with the game.
It's a bullshit gimmick fight late in the game that has a long unskippable cutscene you have to watch every attempt.

It's not hard if you know how to prep for it but it's a huge wart in an otherwise great game.

I think that’s where I stopped playing game when it originally came out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Muscle Tracer posted:

SEYMOUR! :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think that’s where I stopped playing game when it originally came out.

I muscled through it once without a guide and never again. Thankfully the mobs you need to grind is right before the boss.