Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

Yeah I got a lot of Fischl's in a row from this banner trying to get Bennett, and I was doing 10 pulls since I was hoping for double Bennett for an extra const. I tried to go one at a time, and I got another Fischl. Bennett just does not want to come home :(, and I am somewhat close to get a second Albedo, and I am unsure if I want that either.

Dang I got "like" a C8 Fischl trying to get a Bennett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is there some concrete criteria for making Regisvines and Elemental Cube bosses respawn? I feel like I can teleport away and back and most of the time they will have returned, but sometimes not and I can't figure out why it's inconsistent.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Ixjuvin posted:

I didn't use the map to track agates as I collected them and now I'm missing one... :negative:

Can't believe I made this rookie mistake after carefully tracking and collecting every single anemo- and geoculus

e: vv I'm one off level 8 and I'm fairly sure that's exactly how many there are (maybe +1 since there is one extra oculus)

There's more than 80 of them. I've found 83 not including the 5 quest ones you get when you get it to level 8.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
It's nice that you can get the new claymore for free. Always light torches in a room, that's what Zelda taught me...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/khoidaooo/status/1341616528752476161

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Minnesota Mixup posted:

There's more than 80 of them. I've found 83 not including the 5 quest ones you get when you get it to level 8.

If the genshin-impact-map.appsample.com map is accurate, I think I've found them all. Those + the 5 from the first set of quests at level 8 get you to 92.

Edit:
Also if anyone is interested, clearing out the whole zone, plus two sets of daily commissions, and spending 180 resin, got me from just hitting AR48 to just 17280/18250 towards AR49. Didn't do absolutely everything, but got all quests done and unlocked everything you can.

And I could get everything done without the use of the chill reduction items, except for one stupid Lawachurl in the storm area with no heat sources/crystals nearby that kicked my rear end.

nessin fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 24, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scoss posted:

Is there some concrete criteria for making Regisvines and Elemental Cube bosses respawn? I feel like I can teleport away and back and most of the time they will have returned, but sometimes not and I can't figure out why it's inconsistent.

I'm pretty sufe it takes them 4 minutes to respawn

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

every time i boot this game up it forgets that i switched to controller mode. how do i make that change permanent

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Scoss posted:

For geo hypo, since getting to it is a slog if you TP away, I usually quit out of the app for five minutes and load back in. Easy peasy boss mat runs

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fischl's constellations are so insane I cannot track what is happening on the field at all anymore.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pain of Mind posted:

I had the same thing happen. I was getting one almost every boss when I first started playing and thought they were relatively common, I have not got one in months now. I wonder if they compete with some other drop like the boss drop talent items or something else.

I ended up with 4 extra, so at least 74. It is annoying because the quests from rank 8 give 5 so I am stuck one short of levelling the tree to 9. I wonder how many total there are, because at least to me it does not make sense to end up one short of levelling once you start accruing them in increments of 5.

According to Mihoyo's official map I counted 79, unless I missed some.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Scoss posted:

I teleport twice to different ends of the map, then back to the boss. Usually it works when I teleport once far away but I like to be sure

kater
Nov 16, 2010

kater posted:

Wait complaining works? I too got a fukkin Diluc constellation from my pile of free standards. Don’t even use the guy, though I must admit he is slightly more dreamy than he seems as an npc.

i got albedo 20 rolls away from this, complaining does work.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

love how my resin priorities have shifted from getting stronger to LEVELS ON EVERYONE

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Emissary posted:

In case anyone else has been running around the mountain for a whole goddamn hour trying to find the secret room you slot the boxes into (:suicide:), the path to it is at the top of Starglow Cavern. You could probably also get to it by going clockwise around the mountain from the Statue of the Seven or climbing up from the waypoint directly below it there, but I haven't tried either of those things.

It's perfectly approachable from the statue, you just climb over a wall and then do two easy jumps - that's how I first found it, then forgot how I got to it and had to check leddit to find how to get to it through the cave.

Razeam posted:

It's nice that you can get the new claymore for free. Always light torches in a room, that's what Zelda taught me...

MOTHERF...

Thank you!

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 24, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Scoss posted:

It seems like there's a (fairly short) respawn time but they won't appear if the player is too close in the world.
To save on the walk back from the teleporter, it's easier to just quit-to-menu from the boss arena and then log in again. Depending on how fast your load time is you might have to give it a bit of extra time before logging back in.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I told people to wait for word on Albedo, he was pretty hard to call and then he got buffed right before launch. Seems like he's turning out alright, although apparently his C2 only affects his Burst and is not a universal damage amp, which is unfortunate and makes him firmly a support (although I'm sure someone will spend crazy amounts of time farming a perfect carry set for him for whatever reason). But he at least seems to be good at support. One thing I'm curious about is using him with like Tartaglia and C6 Fischl. Just poo poo numbers in melee mode while under a shield that's refreshing every 2sec and Fischl's popping off the whole time. Honestly kinda wonder if Albedo could be one of the better shield supports with enough EM. It's crazy, but Crystallize going off so often could justify it and he gives himself some EM anyway when he bursts at A4. If he can consistently produce Crystallize shields then he adds a lot of fire-and-forget support potential thanks to his huge AoE that lasts forever. Face-smash through everything while shielded.

EDIT: Can the Albedovator be damaged? What would stop just standing on it with Ning and raining rocks on everyone from safety?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Amos' bow rework is really weird. Why bother requiring half a second of being switched to, to have the full attack bonus?
I don't think they changed how it works, they just changed the description... to one that does not help me at all to understand what it actually does. My assumption is it's a damage ramp the longer an arrow is in flight or, perhaps, the longer an attack is out before it hits. I don't think it helps Tartaglia's melee any, for example, but I could be wrong. There's no indication of a general buff on the character when they deploy, so I don't think it's that.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 24, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Those new Ice mages are a kick in the dick. My only fire's are Amber and Xianling. It goes down... and then a few second later it comes back up? smfd

Ningguang really rubs it in because the earth crystals hone in on her loving bats.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Are there any Def swords? I haven't started using Albs but I put Prototype Rancour on him cuz he sure doesn't need CD resets or energy gain. Phys Dmg is kinda a null stat but I figure if he's gotta spend some time out to grab Crystallize orbs he can swing some.

Oh poo poo a EM sword would be interesting too, I don't have one of those either.

omg I looked it up, no Def 4/5 but the new crafting sword is a EM? I guess that's what you meant not the stupid event thing lol.

I'm not used to non-Noelle Shields, I guess when it doesn't say anything then shields are just reactions which is just gains strength from levels and EM?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The ice cicin really need a fire unit that can pop elementals fast enough break her shield since she re-applies it really quick. I'm leaving it to jean to kill her since scaling fall damage does way more numbers than my other characters on her.

The ice domain is actually surprisingly easy with klee/xq and two flex picks. With Jean I dont have to worry about the ice mechanic because she always keeps me topped off. Only problem is the big guy doing a combo video on one of your characters and 100%-0 without being able to swap out.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Using lvl89 Keqing and have to say... ice cicin mage has a shield?

Also rolled some stuff on charbanner for Fischl/Sucrose and to get some pity stacked. Rolled Mona at around 40. Rolled 40 more to stack up pity. Rolled Albedo.

Come on, game, I just want my Cocogoat pity. But it's okay, you win, I am saving up until Cocogoat banner.

(Side note, I got C1 Qiqi from main banner and unlike most locals I am overenjoyed by that, everyone needs more Qiqi.)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Down to needing 11 fragments and the last quest requiring THAT challenge. I absolutely cannot find the drat seelie that warms up the final spawn. This is going to consume my life.

Edit: Found the breakable rock wall just after posting. Bitching works!

kater posted:

love how my resin priorities have shifted from getting stronger to LEVELS ON EVERYONE

Ok I've got the weapon and all the ascension mats and all the supports and nearly all the artifacts up and I'll get Bennet and he'll be my second carry...

Game: Here's Keqing, jackass.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 24, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Somehow I had missed these upcoming Zhongli changes. From what I'm reading these changes sound kind of nuts. I really like the "holding his skill also creates a stele" thing.

Changes to Geo in general are nice, since Geo is my favorite element.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
psa: quest at the top of the mountain is not completable if you use a bow to break the ice shards like i just did, which will lock your account permanently out of the cryo/hydro artifact domains, so don't do that

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks for taking the hit for us.

Guess I’ll see how fast I can raise fish to help out with the domain before the even ends. This thing is rear end pounding oh hard with my current set up

Vaxan
Dec 25, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

psa: quest at the top of the mountain is not completable if you use a bow to break the ice shards like i just did, which will lock your account permanently out of the cryo/hydro artifact domains, so don't do that

I did it with a bow too. after breaking the shards glide to them to active each shard

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vaxan posted:

I did it with a bow too. after breaking the shards glide to them to active each shard

the last shard despawned when interacted, without moving the platform it was on

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I did them with a bow and it worked.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Scoss posted:

I think sometimes the game just bugs out.

Check the adventurer journal on the bosses tab, if there is a respawn time you gotta wait for that. If that says it should have spawned and you teleported far away then back to the boss and they still aren't there, gotta close and restart the game.

I used to see it regularly in 1.0, but haven't really had an issue since 1.1 so either I have been lucky, or the boss might still be on cooldown.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
okay, well, whatever i did to break that quest, i recommend against doing that, it's a bad idea

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I somehow got managed to get a max constellation Sucrose, despite not wanting her or ever trying her beyond sending her to get minerals.

Is she worth building? What kind of comp is she good for?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sucrose is basically Diet Venti, and considering Venti is probably the best character in the game, she's still pretty good.

She's a good support for any pyro, cryo, hydro, or electro carry.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I have pyro and hydro carries and I absolutely adore Diet Venti. Do you like reactions? If yes, you will like Diet Venti.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

I have pyro and hydro carries and I absolutely adore Diet Venti. Do you like reactions? If yes, you will like Diet Venti.

Do you like massive reductions to enemy elemental resists and tons of EM for the whole party? Sucrose is your gal with VV.

Calling her Diet Venti really undersells how good she is.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do you like buying crab? In addition to the fishmonger who sells crab selling more crab, Wanmin has started selling fish and crab in addition to the processed goods.

There's also a new recipe there and at Qingce. Xiangling can finally cook guoba!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Glazius posted:

Do you like buying crab? In addition to the fishmonger who sells crab selling more crab, Wanmin has started selling fish and crab in addition to the processed goods.

There's also a new recipe there and at Qingce. Xiangling can finally cook guoba!

Ohh, thanks for mentioning this!

I guess they finally decided to fix crabs being a bottleneck for good. The only reason I was doing okay with them is that I've been religiously buying them every single day (which won't be as necessary anymore now).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nakar posted:

I don't think they changed how it works, they just changed the description... to one that does not help me at all to understand what it actually does. My assumption is it's a damage ramp the longer an arrow is in flight or, perhaps, the longer an attack is out before it hits. I don't think it helps Tartaglia's melee any, for example, but I could be wrong. There's no indication of a general buff on the character when they deploy, so I don't think it's that.

Yeah I did some testing myself and yeah...they just made the description really deceptive now I guess? What a malicious change lol.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Venti's main advantages are he can do great support while also being built to do quite a bit of damage on his own, and that he has incredible energy cycling for himself and the ability to feed energy to others through his A4 talent. He should generally be built like a sub-DPS and is pretty flexible in weapon choice (Stringless is his best 4 star option but he can work with Favonius/Sacrificial, and he'll do fine with any of the 5 star bows).

Sucrose's main advantages are that she can produce a fair number of Anemo particles at C1 and/or with Sacrificial Fragments in a big burst (good for, among other things, feeding a Jean healer and possibly Xiao later), she can fully stack Elemental Mastery and do both okay damage and transfer her EM to other characters so that they get free reaction damage without needing to build EM themselves, and all her moves pull and cluster enemies together without taking them out of melee range like Venti's launcher and burst vortex. She should just stack Elemental Mastery and Energy Recharge, ignore everything else because it ultimately doesn't make as much of a difference as her level and EM do (she doesn't even really benefit from ATK or Crit stats in her support role). Be aware that EM is one of the rarest mainstats to get so gearing her will be harder than gearing Venti (who can just use the same DPS gear as anyone else).

C0 Venti vs. C0 Sucrose isn't a comparison. C2 Sucrose is Diet Venti. C6 Sucrose has a significant niche in being able to ramp damage in ways Venti can't (though Anemo Traveler can, notably), especially through EM sharing which is more valuable than it might seem, and I'd say it's a tougher situational call between the two of them. C2 Venti or higher starts doing too much damage for Sucrose's additional utility to really be as good; C4-6 Venti is so absurdly busted that no character in the entire game compares with him, but if you have Venti at that constellation level then you don't really need to care about Sucrose.

I like Sucrose a lot in certain situations where Venti is less convenient, but I have C6 Sucrose with an R5 Sacrificial Fragments so results not typical (without C1 and SacFrags she will have severe energy issues without a second Anemo, something Venti gives no fucks about). And Venti does so, so much damage; seriously, when his E is hitting for 12k and his Q melts anything you infuse Pyro into it, you hardly need to care that you can't melee said vortex.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 24, 2020

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Ytlaya posted:

Ohh, thanks for mentioning this!

I guess they finally decided to fix crabs being a bottleneck for good. The only reason I was doing okay with them is that I've been religiously buying them every single day (which won't be as necessary anymore now).

Thank god.

Some genius decided that 90% of the original late game recipes would take 3-4 crabs each, and you needed to make 20-25 of them to master them.

I spent a lot more time than I was happy with running around beaches trying to catch crabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Nakar posted:

C0 Venti vs. C0 Sucrose isn't a comparison.

Well, I don't even have venti, so it's a bit moot, but I'll give her a shot.