Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Atlas Hugged posted:

Lord, this reminds me of a similar experience. I was in the back room of the FLGS playing Virgin Queen or something with a bunch of other expats and my friend, who happens to be an American woman, came into the store to check it out since she knew I was there and received absolutely nothing but blank stares. The staff didn't even ask her if she was looking for something. She came into the room to see how I was doing and it was painful how badly everyone tried to simultaneously stare at her and not acknowledge her.

My wife, an Asian woman, came in a bit later with food for me and the men were falling over themselves demanding to know where their dinners were. The contrast was absurd.

Musk needs to hurry up so we can send all these nerds to explode trying to land on mars.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Knight Model's shenanigans aside, I do love the dude on the right.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

riddle me this: what are they feeding that guy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LordSaturn posted:

Mopeds

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

the people who fail the riddles

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ugleb posted:

I dub thee "The Diddler, the Middler, and the Biggler."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ugleb posted:

Big Clockwork Orange energy.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Dude on the right looks like he should be telling Samurai Jack to gently caress off his bridge.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
a punch to the face can be a type of riddle

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
"Riddle me this, riddle me that, who's ready to get hosed up with a baseball bat?"

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Improbable Lobster posted:

a punch to the face can be a type of riddle

I've played arkham knight. If a car race can be considered a riddle then I think anything is fair game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

Dude on the right looks like he should be telling Samurai Jack to gently caress off his bridge.

Suddenly I want samurai Jack minis

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Moola posted:

Suddenly I want samurai Jack minis

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

SiKboy posted:

I've played arkham knight. If a car race can be considered a riddle then I think anything is fair game.

The thing I liked about that is the game acknowledged that some of the challenges weren't riddles at all by suggesting that Riddler was just getting desperate and resorting to straight up cheating.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Big guy is ex-Bane's crew. All the goons rotate between super-villian gangs, until they end up getting shot with a fake-gun-but-it's-actually-real by the Joker. I mean, have you seen Gotham's job market?

The weedy guy is also ex-Bane but venom takes a real toll on you should you abuse it...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

LashLightning posted:

Big guy is ex-Bane's crew. All the goons rotate between super-villian gangs, until they end up getting shot with a fake-gun-but-it's-actually-real by the Joker. I mean, have you seen Gotham's job market?

The weedy guy is also ex-Bane but venom takes a real toll on you should you abuse it...

First time Batman faces a guy powered up with venom it was the Riddler, so this checks out.

Christ, I'm an unspeakable nerd.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
Found on reddit, apparently this fellow is from a heroquest boardgame. I reckon he's about the scruntiest Ogre you'll see:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

yesssssssssssss

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Found on reddit, apparently this fellow is from a heroquest boardgame. I reckon he's about the scruntiest Ogre you'll see:

can confirm these are BIGUNTS (big scrunts)

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
This constant power creep is diluting the purity of the original scrunt lore.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

That dude is from battlemasters which was pretty awful

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

the fart question posted:

It was a great idea as an attempt to make a boardgame version of a rank and file wargame, but goddamn did the rules poo poo the bed.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

the fart question posted:

I was but a young when played it and apparently didn't know better. I think I mostly enjoyed playing something with armies that took up the whole living room floor.

Recently rediscovered the castle tower in storage at my parents and binned it because anyone with a 3d printer can do a better job these days with minimal effort and a free file off thingiverse.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ugleb posted:

I was but a young when played it and apparently didn't know better. I think I mostly enjoyed playing something with armies that took up the whole living room floor.

Recently rediscovered the castle tower in storage at my parents and binned it because anyone with a 3d printer can do a better job these days with minimal effort and a free file off thingiverse.

And Heroquest is a terrible game but people will still pay outrageous amounts of money for my copy despite every aspect of it being just garbage

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Len posted:

And Heroquest is a terrible game but people will still pay outrageous amounts of money for my copy despite every aspect of it being just garbage

we aren't approaching singularity levels of wrongness here

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

we aren't approaching singularity levels of wrongness here

that's fair, the gargoyle is rad as gently caress, i definitely cranked my post up a bit too high

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
most of the minis are v. good. the rules are kinda meh but after playing some positively atrocious dungeon crawlers, i deffo appreciate how quick easy it is to play

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

most of the minis are v. good. the rules are kinda meh but after playing some positively atrocious dungeon crawlers, i deffo appreciate how quick easy it is to play

it's very of it's time, i remember loving the poo poo out of it back in highschool but it's poorly balanced now

definitely quick to setup and breakdown though. i love shadows of brimstone because weird west is my jam but holy poo poo the core gamebox has 17 fuckin' decks of cards and each expansion just adds more decks and more tokens. with no app to consolidate in sight

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

EverettLO posted:

It was a great idea as an attempt to make a boardgame version of a rank and file wargame, but goddamn did the rules poo poo the bed.

This is why when Battlemasters went on clearance, a friend and I bought five of them and used them with Nick Lund's Fantasy Battles rules. They were shittier, less detailed versions of what you could find in hobby stores but the price was right.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I used to have have like 10 of those ogres but I've lost them moving :(

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Len posted:

But the furniture!!!!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I guess the difference is that Heroquest was great and even innovative by the standards of its time, whereas Battlemasters was an interesting idea with forgettable gameplay. I remember it for the aesthetics not the actual game.

They were both standout boardgame memories from my childhood, one of them I remember being good. But I know it is dated.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

I use this as my Bloodbowl Ogre

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

2020 summed up as a miniature conversion

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Does Bill Watterson know about this?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

:piss:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

this rocks imo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Look Nurgle, no hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Source.