Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's bloody freezing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Ugh I have to go outside and get the smoker up and running and I just can't be hosed. It's warm and cozy and I'm sleepy.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

peanut- posted:

Mix it with coke and you get an alcoholic drink that is almost indistinguishable from Dr Pepper.

Mix it with cranberry juice over ice with an orange garnish and you get Christmas cake in a glass.

E: or whiskey for The Godfather, Brando’s favourite cocktail

E2: Or brandy for The French Connection

Purple Prince fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 25, 2020

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Gosh you lot are perky, I’m still in bed having a tea. I wouldn’t even be awake yet if I hadn’t drunk so much last night.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TACD posted:

Gosh you lot are perky, I’m still in bed having a tea. I wouldn’t even be awake yet if I hadn’t drunk so much last night.

I honestly have no idea how I managed to wake up at 6 every Christmas morning as a child. I always had trouble sleeping the night before too.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Merry Xmas peeps :yaycloud:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Merry Christmas to you all 🎄⛄

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Merry Christmas goons! I have already started on the Christmas fudge (thanks Camrath!) and the cat is more excited by the bag her toys came in than the toys themselves.

Mebh posted:

Ugh I have to go outside and get the smoker up and running and I just can't be hosed. It's warm and cozy and I'm sleepy.

I am choosing to believe you mean one of these two defintions:

(informal, dated, Britain, Cambridge University) A social event featuring sketches, songs, etc., whether or not smoking is carried out.

A vent in the deep ocean floor from which a plume of superheated seawater, rich in minerals, erupts.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Purple Prince posted:

Mix it with cranberry juice over ice with an orange garnish and you get Christmas cake in a glass.

E: or whiskey for The Godfather, Brando’s favourite cocktail

E2: Or brandy for The French Connection

Seconding this, amaretto and cranberry makes a drink that tastes remarkably close to a cherry bakewell

Merry Christmas gentle-goons

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I was out buying cigarettes and literally weeping at the poor petrol station man about 7 hours ago. Now to pretend I don’t want to kill myself for 12 hours in front of next door.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

May you all see your crushed enemies driven before you this festive season!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bobstar posted:

Merry Christmas goons! I have already started on the Christmas fudge (thanks Camrath!) and the cat is more excited by the bag her toys came in than the toys themselves.

I am choosing to believe you mean one of these two defintions:

(informal, dated, Britain, Cambridge University) A social event featuring sketches, songs, etc., whether or not smoking is carried out.

A vent in the deep ocean floor from which a plume of superheated seawater, rich in minerals, erupts.

I thought they meant they had the Exxon Valdez captained by Dennis Hopper in the back garden.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I thought they meant they had the Exxon Valdez captained by Dennis Hopper in the back garden.

The brexit deal is finally done

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Merry christmas comrades. Hopefully you make the best of a lovely situation.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Merry Christmas UKMT, hope you manage to have a safe and happy Christmas wherever you are

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Merry Christmas y'all. Thanks for another year of informative discussion and glorious shitposts.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Merry christmas comrades! I impulse bought a pheasant when doing the big reorganisation of Christmas and I have only the vaguest idea of what to do with it, so wish me luck...

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Happy Christmas you lot, may your day be blissfully free of tories

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Deketh posted:

Happy Christmas you lot, may your day be blissfully free of tories

I suppose that's one benefit of tier 4!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

goddamnedtwisto posted:

and this includes posting here with absolutely no shame for Posting On Christmas Day.

Yes, one should only feel the regular amount of shame for posting on forums dot something awful dot com

Merry christmas, you bunch of weirdos

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have semi hard goat cheese for breakfast so that's a good start. And some slightly stale bread which I am compensating for with extra butter.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lobster God posted:

Merry christmas comrades! I impulse bought a pheasant when doing the big reorganisation of Christmas and I have only the vaguest idea of what to do with it, so wish me luck...

I recommend cooking and eating it, but you do whatever brings you the biggest morsel of comfort in these trying times friend

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm gonna eat Pepparkakor on toast for breakfast and nobody can stop me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm gonna eat Pepparkakor on toast for breakfast and nobody can stop me

Peppered poo poo?

E: oh, derives from kuche, that makes more sense.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bobstar posted:

Mrs TSI is having her chrism fudge for breakfast lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Merry Christmas

Pheasants are maybe the stupidest animal and it really takes the shine off danny champion of the world once you learn that

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Necrothatcher posted:

My mum sent me a loving rad tea towel.

This is awesome. I got a Buff Book for Boys of adventure stories, published in 1926. I’ll read it and report back on the best bits (so far it’s that “Red Indians can’t be trusted.”)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Jose posted:

Merry Christmas

Pheasants are maybe the stupidest animal and it really takes the shine off danny champion of the world once you learn that
They're also an ecological disaster in the quantity they get released in to the British countryside. They're a major factor in driving our adders to extinction.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Merry Christmas! I am having slow cooked beef stew with dumplings today. I reject the tyranny of Xmas roasts.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Isn't the fact that pheasants are dumb a key plot point in Danny Champion of the World? Their scheme depends on it.

Nut roast for dinner for me.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
'ave a 'ood 'un 'oons

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

Merry Christmas! I am having slow cooked beef stew with dumplings today. I reject the tyranny of Xmas roasts.

Stew and dumplings is a very good meal so I approve.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Merry Xmas UK people.

As an Aussie living in Europe... welcome to having your passport mean absolutely nothing.

I feel so sorry for every one of you that voted remain.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Merry Christmas all. Cooking my first ever Christmas dinner (though not quite- we’re having beef, not turkey) in an air fryer due to a messed up tale of electrical incompetence by various parties.

Got a friend coming across from Sheffield who just came out as NB and got cut off from their family as a result. gently caress our old assorted Christmas traditions- we’ll make our own better ones with blackjack and hookers.

I suspect champagne in the hot tub will happen at some point this arvo.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I'm on my own today and cooking stuff from scratch, I'm gonna make a yorkshire pudding and roasties but dunno whether I should use olive oil (I have light and regular) or coconut oil, any recommendations?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Jakabite posted:

I was out buying cigarettes and literally weeping at the poor petrol station man about 7 hours ago. Now to pretend I don’t want to kill myself for 12 hours in front of next door.

Hey man. That sounds bad. I hope you're OK. I hope you're not entirely serious (or at all serious) , but if you are then please don't do anything drastic, but just shitpost here instead.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/alain_invasion/status/1341882759782887425?s=20

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Deketh posted:

I'm on my own today and cooking stuff from scratch, I'm gonna make a yorkshire pudding and roasties but dunno whether I should use olive oil (I have light and regular) or coconut oil, any recommendations?

Go for the light olive oil. If you can get to a shop some rapeseed oil is best.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Go for the light olive oil. If you can get to a shop some rapeseed oil is best.

Thanks mate, I'll go with the the light then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would olive oil work? I thought it had too low of a smoke point. Never tried making yorkies with it, vegetable oil or lard is all I've ever known to be used.