Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

How did that happen? Isn't it an adaptation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Adachi And Shimamura had plenty of visible jank and odd quirks in its production, but all in all it turned out much better than the early trailers made me think it would. Easily my AOTS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

How did that happen? Isn't it an adaptation?

It's usually copying poo poo from fashion magazines or whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah its the outfits that were the issue, not the designs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They also apparently copied design from another manga too. Cause you know Tokyo Babylon doesn't have a lot of iconic designs you could use already

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Could this be a case where they have rights to the story but not the visual designs?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

Could this be a case where they have rights to the story but not the visual designs?
No, that isn't it at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The JP article literally lists the exact instances of copyright infringement, with pictures. Crunchyroll just removed that stuff because ??? and now everyone's confused.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Endorph posted:

No, that isn't it at all.

So why not go back to the original designs then?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Perhaps they wanted to show fashionable teenagers in 2020 versus 1995?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Maera Sior posted:

So why not go back to the original designs then?

I imagine they will, but they'll have to redraw a ton of stuff, hence the delay

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

I imagine they will, but they'll have to redraw a ton of stuff, hence the delay

That's just returning to the original source of confusion. If they have the rights to use the original designs, why not start with those? Isn't part a large part of CLAMP's appeal the character designs?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They used the original character designs. They just put them in different clothes. Looking fashionable and chic was a big part of Clamp's appeal as well. Especially Tokyo Babylon's appeal, which had multiple pages laid out like fashion magazines, and all its promotional art was just characters in various cool outfits. so it makes sense to use modern fashion, rather than having characters dress like they're from 1995. However, they copied clothing directly, so the fashion company got mad, since no deal had been made between them and the anime studio.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It got pointed out online in Japan too so the clothing designs they ripped off were super obvious so lol Go Hands

Anyway Adachi and Shimamura ending was great and pulled it ahead of Bloom into You's anime as the ending works as a stopping point unlike Bloom's. Please give us a second season so we can see the finale of the manga animated

Also speaking of Adashima finished Regarding Saeki Sayaka and it's really good. Normally I'm not a huge fan of stories that create a new character so the rejected member of a love triangle has someone to date but the whole series does such a great job getting into Sayaka's head that I wanted her to get a girlfriend at the end of volume 2. Plus Haru herself is just a real good character

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It got pointed out online in Japan too so the clothing designs they ripped off were super obvious so lol Go Hands

Anyway Adachi and Shimamura ending was great and pulled it ahead of Bloom into You's anime as the ending works as a stopping point unlike Bloom's. Please give us a second season so we can see the finale of the manga animated

Also speaking of Adashima finished Regarding Saeki Sayaka and it's really good. Normally I'm not a huge fan of stories that create a new character so the rejected member of a love triangle has someone to date but the whole series does such a great job getting into Sayaka's head that I wanted her to get a girlfriend at the end of volume 2. Plus Haru herself is just a real good character

Bloom's ending was so unsatisfying I went and read the manga, so in a way it was genius

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oof I noticed they'd pulled all the promo stuff down including deleting stuff from twitter and had posted something about it on the tokyo babylon website with an apology, when I was looking for a link to the pv (which has also been removed)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1342145641800216576

Go Hands messing up a show before it even airs is amazing

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I didn't think too much of it at first but drat. Akudama Drive is show of the season, maybe of the year

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, Akudama Drive had a great ending.

So did Adachi And Shimamura. Good season. :toot:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Even though I still like Bloom Into You's anime more on the whole, AdaShima definitely has a huge advantage over it in that it's more deliberately aimless pace and disinterest in typical narrative milestones makes it much, MUCH easier for a one-cour anime to find a good stopping point than poor Bloom Into You's could, lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/evangelion_co/status/1342288956528979974

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
From the k-pop group Red Velvet:

From doll manufacturer Volks inc.:

They didn't even try to hide it, loving lmao

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Akudama Drive is great, definitely stuck that landing.

"Serves you right"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
With the season wrapping up what are some good shows people suggest?

I watched/Watching:
Talentless Nana
Higurashi

On my list:
Adachi to Shimamura

Seems like I should also watch:
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akudama Drive

Maybe watch:
Majou no tabitabi

???:
Noblese?
Moriarty?

Any hidden gems?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I watched/Watching:
Talentless Nana
Higurashi

On my list:
Adachi to Shimamura

Jujutsu Kaisen
Akudama Drive

Maybe watch:
Majou no tabitabi

???:
Noblese?
Moriarty?

Any hidden gems?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I watched/Watching:
Talentless Nana
Higurashi

On my list:
Adachi to Shimamura

Jujutsu Kaisen
Akudama Drive

Maybe watch:
Majou no tabitabi

???:
Noblese?
Moriarty?

Any hidden gems?

(Sleepy Princess)

Also Love Live

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you watch Noblesse start with the earlier ova, the series picks up after it and makes ep1 very confusing if you haven't already seen it.

if anyone has run out of anime for the season and wants something new to watch, CR is running the live action adaption of Cherry Magic and it's very cute.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I watched/Watching:
Talentless Nana
Higurashi

On my list:
Adachi to Shimamura

Jujutsu Kaisen
Akudama Drive

Maybe watch:
Majou no tabitabi

???:
Noblese?
Moriarty?

Any hidden gems?

Assault Lily and Sigrdrifa were good junk food shows IMO

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Akudama Drive is great, definitely stuck that landing.

"Serves you right"

Yeah, that was a fantastic final episode :suspense:.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Iwakakeru was the biggest surprise for me this season that I liked. Just a good solid sports anime when the last two one with a female cast all met unfortunate production disaster ends

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Raenir Salazar posted:

Any hidden gems?

Inu to Neko Docchimo Katteru to Mainichi Tanoshii
(life is fun with a cat and dog)

Very short, but that just means it isn't wasting your time. They drop a couple good jokes on you and that's the episode. Flawless.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Akudama Drive: molotov the police.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Raenir Salazar posted:

I will say that after the silly DARE first episode Ikebukuro West Gate Park was pretty good. It did a lot better with all of the other issues it brings up than it did with drugs.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Okay, Akudama pretty much had the perfect ending. Another good original series to recommend next time anyone asks.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Iwakakeru was the biggest surprise for me this season that I liked. Just a good solid sports anime when the last two one with a female cast all met unfortunate production disaster ends

Caveat: like most anime with an all female cast, it's either very moe or very horny. This one is the latter

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Akudama Drive was an incredible ride start to finish and Sleepy Princess' last episode made me tear up. That's my anime review because it's pretty much all I watched this season.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Ah poo poo... I might see some women's bare muscles in the rock climbing show? gently caress, thanks for warning me, I'll be careful.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sleepy princess was so good. I went into it expecting just a light comedy and I got that but I also got a heartwarming story about a princess and the monsters who turned out to be not so mean after all.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

while i applaud the staff of climbing girls for making every girl look like a mid 00s hentai character, the show was boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Ibblebibble posted:

Okay, Akudama pretty much had the perfect ending. Another good original series to recommend next time anyone asks.
Apparently the perfect ending will get better on the dvd with an extra five minutes of animation! I expect it's more closure on the final fate of the executioners.