Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
State of the wrestling business when the promo of the year is cut by a non-wrestler, in a hospital, who almost died 5 times in the last 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jim was the best part of the show without question

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Honestly the last two calls were the two best promos I heard this year

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
HulkaMatt/MRT: I really loved the Pelle Primeau interview and it'd be great if you could get him back for more, thank you

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Amazing stuff on that Christmas show there at the end.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We finished recording the latest Rudocast just moments before the Brodie Lee news broke. Have a good day everyone, take care of your mental health.

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1343251703248769024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Some good news at the end of a mostly downer WOR with Jim doing better and contacting Dave about planning a Wrestle Kingdom trip for 2022

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1343290817092304896?s=19

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
I'm not sure where to post this so putting it here and aew thread.

"It’s also evident to anyone who knows professional wrestling history that companies have long covered up the health risks involved in the lifestyles and standards the business often requires. Look no further than how WWE reacted in the wake of the Chris Benoit murder/suicide for a strong, irresponsible example. Wrestlers and wrestler families who wanted to stay employed in the business also participated in these compromises in exchange for employment, or even the possibility of future employment"

------

"That leaves the issue, though, of why Brodie Lee, his family, and AEW kept such a tight lid on information during his lilness. People who have had COVID-19 have gotten lung damage that remained after the virus had left their system and they then tested negatively for it. Could this be what Kee’s wife meant, that he had already recovered from a bout with COVID-19 and was then suffering from this lung issue? Why would the family and AEW stay so quiet about what was going on if it was not COVID-19 related at all?"

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2020/12/27/mitchell-column-why-the-questions-surrounding-brodie-lees-death-are-important/

Edit: adding this bit because it's also as awful

"I’m not a doctor, but I’ve never heard of an athlete the size and in the shape Brodie Lee was in to be able to excel in his last two matches suddenly developing a lung condition that serious that quickly.

Whatever the circumstances, Brodie Lee’s family and AEW both would serve his memory best by being forthright, whatever they are, about all the circumstances surrounding his death, thereby honoring him by allowing us all to make the best-informed decisions possible protecting everyone’s health."

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1343287122938224640?s=19

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 27, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I enjoyed the B&V Christmas show a lot this year.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

You shouldn't have posted it at all. I have no idea what you or the guy who wrote that are trying to accomplish.

Or I do have some idea and it makes me sick to think about.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rick posted:

I enjoyed the B&V Christmas show a lot this year.

it kicked rear end as always.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

duckdealer posted:

You shouldn't have posted it at all. I have no idea what you or the guy who wrote that are trying to accomplish.

Or I do have some idea and it makes me sick to think about.

Listen, if a popular wrestling columnist writes something controversial it deserves discussion, which is what's happening everywhere. This is the only place crying about it. Don't loving read it if you don't want to but don't come after me for talking about a wrestling columnist on a mother loving wrestling forum you crybaby. The internet isn't a safe space, tough poo poo.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
great posts so far mate keep it up

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Why is every poster named ichiban so universally terrible?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

It is strange to go from healthy enough to perform at a high level to dead from a lung issue during a pandemic in a short time frame but it's not impossible and with nothing else to go on, this seems like not much more than a conspiracy theory.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

TTBF posted:

Why is every poster named ichiban so universally terrible?

Well they need to be number 1 at something.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just ignore that shithead lol

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Everywhere I've seen that article brought up has had the same reaction: its a terrible piece that seems to imply that some coalition of AEW management and his widow are trying to hide him possibly having COVID which is a massive thing to imply without any evidence, it seems. Its a terrible piece published at the worst time and the reaction Mitchell is getting is correct.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

It is strange to go from healthy enough to perform at a high level to dead from a lung issue during a pandemic in a short time frame but it's not impossible and with nothing else to go on, this seems like not much more than a conspiracy theory.

one of the million memorial tweets i saw mentioned it had been a chronic issue

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
There are dozens of freaky illnesses that can emerge seemingly from nowhere and lay you low. Student level Wikipedia research and your own gut instincts are nothing to loving go on, if you want to write that article, contact an bunch of doctors and take it seriously. If you want to fire off a scorching hot take and get some internet click, congrats, I’m not going to bother reading or giving you the click.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I liked it when MJF buried Sempervive.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s always useful to remember that the world’s population is very large and so one-in-a-million things happen, on the law of averages, to thousands of people. and “lung disease” is really really far from anything as unlikely as that. also im glad that guy posted a banme because they didn’t really seem to post about anything other than stirring up drama

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was one honest mistake and then two extremely bad choices to double down and then uh, octuple down? on it.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

And then Jim Valley verbally destroyed Bryan.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

it’s always useful to remember that the world’s population is very large and so one-in-a-million things happen, on the law of averages, to thousands of people. and “lung disease” is really really far from anything as unlikely as that. also im glad that guy posted a banme because they didn’t really seem to post about anything other than stirring up drama

Yeah, people can be born with ticking time bombs that they don't know about until it's too late. We're very fragile! We don't like to think about it because it's scary but we're soft and sometimes people just die for no good reason. It's nice to have explanations and stories but the world doesn't always give them to us.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Given the history of these forums it's honestly surprising we haven't had more wild meltdowns in this sub forum.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm sure we will all live without the poster yukaichibahn

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it’s been a while since I’ve seen a genuine meltdown + banme in the wild

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I guess I'm glad he admitted his weird faked ignorance around stuff was a gimmick? The internet is dumb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I guess I'm glad he admitted his weird faked ignorance around stuff was a gimmick? The internet is dumb

that was the other ichibahn

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jon Alba is also a piece of poo poo so it's good that Ichibanned linked to him.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
the JR interview about Hodge on WOR was great, too.

also *clears throat* yuck-this-needs-a-ban

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave’s son is out of the hospital, so that’s really good news.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Oh poo poo, what happened to his son?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Oh poo poo, what happened to his son?

iirc some issue with his crohn's disease, didn't require surgery tho

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He had an intestinal blockage related to his Crohn’s

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Crohn's flare up, they were afraid they were going to have to do surgery but fortunately it looks like they don't have to.

His girlfriend also tested positive for COVID.

gently caress me for not refreshing, ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Jim Henson died because he got strep throat and hadn’t been sleeping well. Crazy awful poo poo still happens and bacterial infections can kill very quickly.