Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There was also different fractions of resistance groups and they didn't always agree with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Wow wow wow there

Don't forget, they bravly beat the gently caress out of women who were accused of sleeping with Germans.

Such patriotism!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

edit: Retracted

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Alhazred posted:

There was also different fractions of resistance groups and they didn't always agree with each other.

To be fair, a lot of them were leftist. Schisms over theory is kind of mandatory. It wouldn't surprise me if they occasionally sabotaged each other

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Xander77 posted:

loving tED raLL

Just popping in to say,

Screw you Xander77 for making me scroll through a whole entire page of Rall.

*Douglas chat: Isn;t Adams and the inverse of randomness, as its used as a direct plot point, rather than it being left on its face?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

BrotherJayne posted:

Wow wow wow there

Don't forget, they bravly beat the gently caress out of women who were accused of sleeping with Germans.

Such patriotism!

Yeah there's a huge disparity in how eager they were to punish women who slept with German soldiers for basically food money as opposed to French businessmen and local politicials who profited on supporting the nazis.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It seems pretty clear who should, according to Rall, do the resisting he alludes to in his strips - the self-proclaimed #Resistance. And if they aren't willing to live up to that moniker, they ought to drop it, because their behavior is a disgrace to the name. Or if they want to be known as resistance to a dangerous regime, they should do something more than trying to passively wait it out (which isn't really resistance at all).

Which is a reasonable and fully justified position, maybe he's too obnoxious about it, or lazily brings it up again and again, but he's right, and the "he's calling for violence but also being a coward" reading is disingenuous. He's just calling out people who take credit for a role they have no intention to fulfill.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Typical Tom Krooder, calling for other people to do violence for him. What a hack!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Fister Roboto posted:

Typical Tom Krooder, calling for other people to do violence for him. What a hack!

Tem Kremder

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

If Tim Kreider still did political comics he would 100% be another rall to this thread. Way too mean to the Dems and his art is sloppy

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BonHair posted:

To be fair, a lot of them were leftist. Schisms over theory is kind of mandatory. It wouldn't surprise me if they occasionally sabotaged each other

After Greece was liberated there was a civil war between the left resistance groups and the right resistance groups (fueled by Churchill who didn't want a communist government).

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
People in this thread were making GBS threads on Ted Rall's poignant sad stuff about his mom being sick and dying. That's when I realized wow these people really hate Ted Rall.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Goddamn moron Kreider wants somebody else to invent the cloning technology for him? How lazy and entitled can you get

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Wow Tun Crooder what a cowerd calling on others to start the violent revolution. I’m very smart and good at reading

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

People in this thread were making GBS threads on Ted Rall's poignant sad stuff about his mom being sick and dying. That's when I realized wow these people really hate Ted Rall.

Yeah that was when I realized the posters in this thread are liberal ghouls and the best interaction with them is along the pog boyfriend lines

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Compare and contrast Ramirez and Varvel bringing up their dad moms.

Oh wait, they never did that*. No one other than Rall did that. I wonder why.

*The closest thing is "my grandad fought in the wars, gooooooo VETS!"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

nO YoUrE a LiBeRaL

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Xander77 posted:

His mom was actively dying and suffering alzheimers (iirc), and he was publicly grieving. Don't be an rear end

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
loving coward Ted Rall keeps making comics about other people dying and suffering from Alzheimer's, but does he himself die or get Alzheimer's? No! What a blowhard!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The first Rallmom comics were good except for the art, but are some point it became increasingly "sometimes it's harder on the son (me, Ted Rall)", which could be have been done a lot less whiny and entitled.

Normal Rall just seems to want to be really radical, without any follow through, and the added fun of being literally paid for by a Russian propaganda outlet. It occasionally his a good point, but probably with either weird logic or a questionable underlying agenda.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

wow you really owned that old dying mom

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Yeah that was when I realized the posters in this thread are liberal ghouls and the best interaction with them is along the pog boyfriend lines

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

World Famous W posted:

His mom was actively dying and suffering alzheimers (iirc), and he was publicly grieving. Making it all about Ted Rall and how unfair that situation is to Ted Rall. Don't be Ted Rall is an rear end

I mean do we have to repost the comics? Maybe the first one is him publicly grieving but the rest are typical incredibly self-centered Ted Rall faire. Besides, if anyone expected goons to be sympathetic, caring and supportive, much less to Ted loving Rall, then I suppose they deserve the disappointment.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Go ahead and repost them

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Better yet, start a new thread.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So were back to the same gaggle of do-nothing contrarians stanning for their king again. Ted Rall has a long body of work showcasing his selfishness and sneering contempt for social justice efforts, but a true leftists knows that all the hate he gets is just because the liberals cant handling his radical takes like 'cops are bad because they once harassed me Ted Rall' and "why do we even need marriage equality? gays were so much cooler and more fun when they were marginalized from society."

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
How did I know when I saw there were 70 posts in here since last night that there was Rall discourse happening

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

there wolf posted:

So were back to the same gaggle of do-nothing contrarians stanning for their king again. Ted Rall has a long body of work showcasing his selfishness and sneering contempt for social justice efforts, but a true leftists knows that all the hate he gets is just because the liberals cant handling his radical takes like 'cops are bad because they once harassed me Ted Rall' and "why do we even need marriage equality? gays were so much cooler and more fun when they were marginalized from society."
Im defending rall on his mom again, yes. Nothing more and nothing less.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“But.. drones??” was a thread meme under Obama but also, yeah, drones??

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought the thread liked Rall's mother comics? At least the first couple before they started becoming weirdly self-indulgent.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sure I'll post them, here are all the ones I found in the 2019 thread

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

poo poo that reminds me, I need to buy a gun

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
THOSE are the comics that are supposed to show off the immesurable arrogance and narcissism of history's greatest monster, Ted Rall? lol, this htread sure has a fair and balanced view of that guy, surely nothing to do with any underlying issues.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Iirc it was around #6 that people started raising their eyebrows. It was so much about him rather than her, and he clearly misunderstood the doctors diagnostic questioning as judgemental. And why wouldn't a clerk tell him that? It was just such an off cartoon with even a little thought.

Before that people gave him the benefit of the doubt. But the inner Rall shows through.... He can't help but make things about him given the slightest chance.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

THOSE are the comics that are supposed to show off the immesurable arrogance and narcissism of history's greatest monster, Ted Rall? lol, this htread sure has a fair and balanced view of that guy, surely nothing to do with any underlying issues.

it rules that people are more willing to look for 'good ones' from actual white supremacist cartoonists than just not have an emotional breakdown that ted rall exists.

e: remember when people would call him a literal Russian government agent because he did cartoons for RT?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

it rules that people are more willing to look for 'good ones' from actual white supremacist cartoonists than just not have an emotional breakdown that ted rall exists.

e: remember when people would call him a literal Russian government agent because he did cartoons for RT?

are you not aware of the literal definitions of words or what

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

sexpig by night posted:

are you TRYING to summon Discendo Vox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

sexpig by night posted:

"Remember when people called him out for working for a Russian propaganda wing because he literally works for a Russian propaganda wing?"