Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, he is friends with the alleged rapist-murderer Bob Saget. And the less said about his trusty sidekick Adam Eget, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Norm is funny

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"But there is no Senator Josh Scat"

"Good line, though"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:pwn:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

celewign posted:

Norm is funny

His greatest achievement was pissing off Lorne Michaels by constantly making jokes about OJ Simpson (Lorne's golf buddy) until he was kicked off of Weekend Update and then SNL entirely.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

https://youtu.be/M_js6uhvkaQ

This is all I could think of reading this

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Push El Burrito posted:

I'll enjoy my ice cream how I please, thank you.
What meme goes best with honeycomb?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/elisethoma5/status/1343011649947496448?s=20

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember there was some chintzy YouTube star award show and Norm MacDonald was invited to do the red carpet and he thought it was the stupidest poo poo ever so he spent the entire time phoning it in. It was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

He's funny as hell but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a chud though because he seems kind of the type.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

i don't get it, unless you mean the family member is the idiot on social media?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Confession time: I still occasionally get Norm McDonald and Al Franken confused. And yes I know one of them was elected to the Senate and then resigned in disgrace. To me, they're both still those guys who were on Weekend Update a lot. :corsair:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Powered Descent posted:

Confession time: I still occasionally get Norm McDonald and Al Franken confused. And yes I know one of them was elected to the Senate and then resigned in disgrace. To me, they're both still those guys who were on Weekend Update a lot. :corsair:

He should probably run again. Pretending to honk a lady's boobs is bad, but compared to *gestures at everything*

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

His greatest achievement was pissing off Lorne Michaels by constantly making jokes about OJ Simpson (Lorne's golf buddy) until he was kicked off of Weekend Update and then SNL entirely.

Supposedly it was NBC bigwig Don Ohlmeyer who was friends with OJ and wanted Norm fired.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

oldpainless posted:

Supposedly it was NBC bigwig Don Ohlmeyer who was friends with OJ and wanted Norm fired.

Thanks for the correction. I always like to learn new facts.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Turpitude II posted:

i don't get it, unless you mean the family member is the idiot on social media?

Faye is the person with the gofund me for their surgery to transition. Her family member is dismissing it as "cosmetic surgery".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/scottwalker/status/1343021392984473602?s=21

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1343045963980689408?s=21

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

Faye is the person with the gofund me for their surgery to transition. Her family member is dismissing it as "cosmetic surgery".

yeah, that's what i was saying. i saw someone post a tweet of a trans person saying "my family thinks my gender-affirming healthcare is frivolous" in the 'idiots on social media thread' and went, boy, i desperately hope you mean the idiot is the family member. usually these posts come with an 'op is not the idiot' disclaimer.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

Confession time: I still occasionally get Norm McDonald and Al Franken confused. And yes I know one of them was elected to the Senate and then resigned in disgrace.
Probably doesn't help that Franken won his Senate seat from a guy named Norm.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Taking Franken out behind the shed like old Yeller was the Democrats last act of minor honor.

The Frankenstans were the worst though "He barely even touched her!"

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Turpitude II posted:

yeah, that's what i was saying. i saw someone post a tweet of a trans person saying "my family thinks my gender-affirming healthcare is frivolous" in the 'idiots on social media thread' and went, boy, i desperately hope you mean the idiot is the family member. usually these posts come with an 'op is not the idiot' disclaimer.

Yea that’s what’s up. You’re good, calm down.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1343083149488775168?s=20

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The writing was on the wall when Arizona outlawed catgirl research.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All the uguuclear weapon testing has made people understandably averse.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Isn't Tay Sway extremely litigious? I'm looking forward to some lives being ruined because of this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I wanna see that TaylorSwiftFacts account or whatever's take on that, the one that was like "haven't tweeted much cause I was in jail for refusing to join the IDF". Somehow despite being a taylor swift fact account they are not, in fact, the IOSM

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

Isn't Tay Sway extremely litigious? I'm looking forward to some lives being ruined because of this.

It's not defamation if the accusations are blatantly ridiculous. I also bet a lot of the people spreading this are basically judgment proof in terms of personal financial situation.

If a newspaper or cable news accused her of this i would congratulate Ms Swift on her new newspaper or cable channel, but crackpots on social media you have very few legal resources.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Skwirl posted:

It's not defamation if the accusations are blatantly ridiculous.

depends on the jurisdiction!

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I love how you can see the conspiracy theorist minds wheel-turning process in real time.

“Hmmm, Nashville you say? What celebrity do we hate that is associated with Nashville?”

I think it would be more interesting if they just picked completely random people each time. “Bombing in Nashville you say? I’m gonna say this has something to do with...let’s say...Dua Lipa and Jack Black!”

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Dua Lipa is an albanian nationalist so it’s not a super big reach

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I thought the Alt Right loved T Swift?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Len posted:

Not anymore.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

I think the trajectory of that was a bunch of alt-right people ironically claiming she was their goddess to troll libs, that turning into sincere love because she's a pretty white woman wronged by a black man, and then that started petering out in time for her to openly ask people to vote Democratic.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1343227153928908802?s=21

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I feel sorry for that child, they're clearly not getting the proper care they deserve from their parents ):

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

there wolf posted:

I think the trajectory of that was a bunch of alt-right people ironically claiming she was their goddess to troll libs, that turning into sincere love because she's a pretty white woman wronged by a black man, and then that started petering out in time for her to openly ask people to vote Democratic.

Someone posted a series of screengrabs from some nazi forum where they were all agreeing that she’s secretly a nazi (no evidence outside of her being white and not really talking politics) and then of them losing their poo poo when she tweeted at people to vote democrat. That was probably the last laugh I had at nazis before the day of Trump.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Someone posted a series of screengrabs from some nazi forum where they were all agreeing that she’s secretly a nazi (no evidence outside of her being white and not really talking politics) and then of them losing their poo poo when she tweeted at people to vote democrat. That was probably the last laugh I had at nazis before the day of Trump.

I thought she didn’t come out and say anything political until after Trump won. She’s expressed regret for not endorsing Hillary or being political at all before then.

I think there was a bunch of screenshots from 4chan someone put together that were supposed to be from her too. And they were psyched she was a secret trump supporter

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Len posted:

I feel sorry for that child, they're clearly not getting the proper care they deserve from their parents ):

First reply is showing that the mom says they live in an RV fulltime, so yes that poor kid is hosed right now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Elblanco posted:

First reply is showing that the mom says they live in an RV fulltime, so yes that poor kid is hosed right now.

with 4 other kids

edit: i touched the poop and looked her up on facebook. apparently that post went viral in a bad way, who would have guessed

she still has literally every post open to the world though :shrug:

Len has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Dec 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, she did pose with a guy in a swastika shirt at a party.

https://www.tmz.com/2009/10/29/swastika-guy-to-taylor-im-sorry/