Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ian Flynn made Mogul interesting, like he did with most characters he worked with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kurieg posted:

I mean after this happened to you, wouldn't you?

loving hell. I’ve got to read this comic. Is it on any subscription service?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

loving hell. I’ve got to read this comic. Is it on any subscription service?

Nope, pre-reboot Archie Sonic isn't available anywhere anymore I think after Ken Penders succeeded in suing for the rights to the characters her created for the comic, because Archie is incompetent.

Post-reboot Archie Sonic is still available even though they lost the Sonic license.

EDIT: No wait, I was wrong. Looks like Archie Sonic isn't on Comixology at all anymore.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 27, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Full archives of the Archie stuff isn't hard to find at least.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
can confirm

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of comics, is the IDW run still going (and if so, is it any good)?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Speaking of comics, is the IDW run still going (and if so, is it any good)?

Yeah it's been quite fun.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I thought the whole metal virus story line dragged on a bit too long, but I'm enjoining it. The Tangle & Whisper and Bad Guys mini series are good too.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Its lightened up both in tone and in length of arcs since that story and the series has been better for it. That being said I did enjoy the metal virus saga despite it dragging on for a bit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
It would sincerely own if i never had to see that comic page ever again

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ArfJason posted:

It would sincerely own if i never had to see that comic page ever again

This.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I love my thick chunky multiverse meathead Tails using his butt as a deadly weapon

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Skeletome posted:

I love my thick chunky multiverse meathead Tails using his butt as a deadly weapon

Too late we got the new thread title.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They should make a Sonic Mania 2.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

sonic mania 2 should be a redo of chaotix but good, or perhaps chaotix but bad in a different direction

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Mania 3D blast could be amazing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Is the team behind it even still working with Sega on anything as of late?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Malleum posted:

sonic mania 2 should be a redo of chaotix but good, or perhaps chaotix but bad in a different direction

Chaotix is good, there's no better game to up your sync rate with another person

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
achieve satori with your friends by completing the game using only bomb and heavy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Malleum posted:

achieve satori with your friends by completing the game using only bomb and heavy

There’s even a level select/debug mode code for the game that makes that actually possible (though Bomb has a better jump and is a little faster so he’s at least slightly more playable than his counterpart).

Said code also allows you to play as a glitchy silver and red Knuckles with Mighty’s moveset that some fans have dubbed “Wechina”.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 27, 2020

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sonic 1 Prototype, huh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Larryb posted:

Is the team behind it even still working with Sega on anything as of late?

I don't think so. Sega was extremely stupid and didn't put 2 into production the second Mania went over like gangbusters.

It's funny that even though Chaotix is not a good game the music is amazing because why wouldn't it be.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ufos! Ufos in marble! Finally!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hogama posted:

Sonic 1 Prototype, huh

Wait, what’s this now?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Larryb posted:

Wait, what’s this now?

Check Hidden Palace in about 30 mins

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Tracker_TD/status/1344772208766365696

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Holy gently caress! The holy grail was found!?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy new year sonic thread

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m not too plugged in to the scene anymore, can someone provide a link or short summary of what’s going on?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

man nurse posted:

I’m not too plugged in to the scene anymore, can someone provide a link or short summary of what’s going on?

https://hiddenpalace.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(Prototype)

Bit of a story about it on the main page too

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wow, so this is basically the stuff we saw in Wayne’s world and all the early screenshots and mock ups. Very cool and significant find.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Clock Ork Zone after all these years. I had given up hope.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Don't forget you can rewatch the stream here:

https://twitch.tv/hiddenpalace

http://www.twitch.tv/hiddenpalace/v/856787862?sr=a

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

This was actually cool, I forgot about the UFO screenshots from before but it matches. Makes me feel like the UFOs in Sonic CD make a bit more sense too.

And of course, I´m hoping Cybershell does another Sonic 1 bonus video covering this stuff.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

Clock Ork Zone after all these years. I had given up hope.

I dismissed it for a long time because a fake beta hack added that

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Ventana posted:

This was actually cool, I forgot about the UFO screenshots from before but it matches. Makes me feel like the UFOs in Sonic CD make a bit more sense too.

And of course, I´m hoping Cybershell does another Sonic 1 bonus video covering this stuff.

The UFO graphics are included but unused in an early 2000s cell phone port of Sonic 1. I've always wondered about how that happened.

Is this proto identical to the Wayne's World footage?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

To be honest I enjoyed the post beta stuff better. I'd unironicaly buy something like the Wrecking Ball Clock.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ive been doing some streaming and did a full sonic 3 & knuckles playthrough on the Sonic AIR thing fans made for PC (it rules, i love the mod support)

anyway im editing the stream down into more digestible videos so i figured i'd share them with yall, since it was my first time getting deep into S3&K- let alone beating the game. i'd only ever played the first few zones before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3XPRWvpbE8

second part will come out monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I enjoyed that. It's always way more fun to watch someone who is learning as they go as opposed to a Sonic savant who can sleepwalk through it.