Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Tae posted:

Iirc his geo specifically doesn't remove elements?

No Wave posted:

The way crystallize works (I didn't know this until recently) is it reapplies the element after the crystal is made. So you don't have to worry too much about interrupting reactions - it could get in the way with melt/vaporize setups but it should cause no trouble for electro.

Andrast posted:

His elemental skill can only proc once every 2 seconds so fast attacking doesn't really anything

Awesome, thanks! Guess the real trick to using Albedo will be finding people who can effectively use all of the energy he creates, and carries that won't knock enemies out of his elemental skill's ring.

EDIT: Just realized that I have a well built Klee and a high constellation Sucrose. I wonder if I can find a good 4th party member to make an Albedo Alchemy Workshop themed party...

Tenik fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MajorBonnet posted:

Diona is good for the Cryo regisvine if you're having issues with avoiding damage. Her shield is 250% effective against Cryo. Just stack her HP.

Edit: Also, you don't need to level Fischl/XL/Qiqi beyond 60, just do the 4th ascension and leave them unless you're flush with resources or really like them.
Fischl benefits huge from leveling because Electro-charged and overload scale their damage off of level. Most of my characters are at 70 ascended anyways just because I'm resource constrained, but levels are not a waste. I'm much more interested in getting her closer to level 80 than I am in getting my normal attackers above 80.

Cryo's reactions don't benefit much from leveling so those can stay low.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 27, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I felt the blood run out of my face and this cold fall over me upon seeing room 2 on floor 12 was another protect the thing.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh these are horrible.

Also 16 enemies or some poo poo too. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fortunately it's way easier than chambers 1 and 3 once you get used to it. In the second half, when the mages spawn go after the one without the aura first.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

No Wave posted:

Fischl benefits huge from leveling because Electro-charged and overload scale their damage off of level. Most of my characters are at 70 ascended anyways just because I'm resource constrained, but levels are not a waste. I'm much more interested in getting her closer to level 80 than I am in getting my normal attackers above 80.

Details like this are cool to find out but make me nervous about who to invest in and how.

My current team is fischl, xiangling, and Barbara, with traveler or zhongli depending on the circumstances. I've also recently gotten razor, ning, xinyan, Mona, bennet. Are there good team comps I'm sleeping on?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

xedo posted:

Details like this are cool to find out but make me nervous about who to invest in and how.

My current team is fischl, xiangling, and Barbara, with traveler or zhongli depending on the circumstances. I've also recently gotten razor, ning, xinyan, Mona, bennet. Are there good team comps I'm sleeping on?

Xiangling + Bennet is great. You get the elemental resonance from having two pyro party members, which boosts your whole party's damage, and you get Bennet's amazing heal and damage boost.

Mona + Fishl (support) or Razor (carry) is also good. This basically guarantees you a continuous DOT of electro damage, as long as you are using their skills. Barbara can replace Mona, as long as you are using Barbara's skill, staying in melee range, and never fight Cryo enemies. This is really limiting, so you should just not use Barbara.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

xedo posted:

I wouldn't be too nervous. I've leveled/geared some characters I don't use atm and you can recover from it (ok, I'll admit buying the BP helps). I've been playing this for under three months and I've got ten characters at level 70 so whatever decisions you make now won't matter much in a few months' time.

The only thing that I think is absolutely a mistake right now is going above level 80 with anyone.

As for your characters, Bennett is just overpowered so I would encourage you to use him especially. Otherwise I think Bennett, Fischl, Xiangling, Mona are the units you'll want to level up in general with the other picks depending on who you enjoy more.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 27, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I gather at AR10 i have no business worrying about builds yet? When does it start to matter?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe ar 45. Maybe.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AR40-45+

that's the point when you might start actually farming artifact domains which are where all your build optimization happens. before then you're just slapping a good 4* weapon on whoever is your main carry and giving them the best atk% artifacts you get from chests and boss drops. your supports will vary in what they want but it's basically the same of handing them an appropriate 3-4* weapon and whatever artifacts you have on hand.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

That's good to know, I'd missed that detail. Eventually I figure nearly everyone will get to 80, it's just prioritizing who gets there first.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

MajorBonnet posted:

That's good to know, I'd missed that detail. Eventually I figure nearly everyone will get to 80, it's just prioritizing who gets there first.

The other thing is that the final ascension actually raises your stats more than going from 80-90, so spending books is severe diminishing returns for those levels.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Still split on if I wanna pop my pity now and get Albedo or save it for Ganyu...Decisions!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Pope Urbane II posted:

The other thing is that the final ascension actually raises your stats more than going from 80-90, so spending books is severe diminishing returns for those levels.

Yeah, I figure I'll get my DPSes to 90 just because, but everyone else will just get the final ascension unless I suddenly become not starved for resources.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Maybe I'm missing something, but Albedo's Elemental Skill seems really buggy right now. Can't be placed on platforms in the Oceanid fight, gets cleared instantly in the Wolf fight, can be placed but doesn't proc when attacking Stormterror. It's a little frustrating.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

CubeTheory posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but Albedo's Elemental Skill seems really buggy right now. Can't be placed on platforms in the Oceanid fight, gets cleared instantly in the Wolf fight, can be placed but doesn't proc when attacking Stormterror. It's a little frustrating.

All the Geo constructs don’t seem to work properly in Oceanid battles.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

nessin posted:

What the hell is with people on the new domain? Every one of the 9 atttempts (only 3 successful) I've ran had at least one person bringing Childe. Other than Mona, Is there a worse option for the dungeon? Even an ice character can be useful for superconduct or melt and it's only two enemies so you're not benefiting from the aoe damage of riptide. At least XQ has some damage reduction and self healing and Barbara can heal if you absolutely only have a hydro character.

I believe you are encountering F2P players i.e. players resource constraint to focus on one carry. The reason they bring Childe/Mona is because that's the one damage dealer they actually leveled up all the way, and everyone else is underleveled/undergeared. And at the same time, having a hydro DPS unit is also why they will tackle the new domain in the first place; most of the domains are built to counter the element that would most benefit from the artifacts awarded by the domains but either these players have no other choice than their Childe/Mona or they don't know to bring other elements. Also co-op has a self-selection bias in that most players would co-op because they are struggling with the domain on their own.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

To offset some of the stories of people having the RNG go in their favour, let me share my story of trying to get Tartaglia artifacts from the hydro set and the game instead giving me cryo set 5 stars 90% of the time so far

At least the domain isn't giving me too much trouble to run, although it's a bit annoying when the game decides it won't give you a warming tile for a while

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Still split on if I wanna pop my pity now and get Albedo or save it for Ganyu...Decisions!
Same. I decided to pull for Albedo and got Jean instead (which was good, best possible outcome). But now I've spent another 60 rolls collecting constellations and have to make the decision again... still not sure. The build everyone seems to be going is Harbinger of Dawn (a 3* sword) and crit hat, DEF sands, geo goblet, DEF substats wherever possible which should make him really easy to gear.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Haven't caught up with the thread but I made the rookie mistake of not using an interactive map to track agates because I didn't anticipate it gating a weekly progression mechanic. Now to find the last 2 needed to hit lv 8...

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Flair posted:

I believe you are encountering F2P players i.e. players resource constraint to focus on one carry. The reason they bring Childe/Mona is because that's the one damage dealer they actually leveled up all the way, and everyone else is underleveled/undergeared. And at the same time, having a hydro DPS unit is also why they will tackle the new domain in the first place; most of the domains are built to counter the element that would most benefit from the artifacts awarded by the domains but either these players have no other choice than their Childe/Mona or they don't know to bring other elements. Also co-op has a self-selection bias in that most players would co-op because they are struggling with the domain on their own.

Even a F2P player would have two or three fully built characters, and even those that haven't been playing since the start should at least have the traveller as an option. I'll grant there is some level of can't fix stupid with people who don't even bother to go in the domain to check it out first but that's all going to fix itself over time (in theory). As for the co-op, all the other domains are far easier co-op than solo so I don't think someone going for co-op instantly means they're just not good enough to do it solo. Although this one may break that trend, I may try to finish getting an artifact set for Bennett as it certainly feels like a well built Bennett would trivialize the domain on his own.

After several more attempts this morning I found having a good healer makes the domain in co-op pretty drat easy. Anyone who can dodge 2 out 3 hits from the big guy and focusing the ice mage down first is basically immortal with Jean on the field. My DPS Noelle with Whiteblind is even good enough to keep everyone alive if you can juggle the big guy or have people who can dodge more than that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You guys severely overestimate the average player skill in a game with millions of players.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tae posted:

You guys severely overestimate the average player skill in a game with millions of players.

Every time I wonder about peoples coop domain choices I remind myself that they could be the person who has drowned 800 plus times

kater
Nov 16, 2010

All the large bosses break Beedo flowers instantly, you can’t place them anywhere near.

Selane
May 19, 2006

In all fairness they're kind of sketchy to begin with. Like, his actual skill is awesome but the elevator itself is all over the place. I was trying to use it yesterday to get one of those ten feet off the ground geoculi and fought to get it to work on a slight incline for like 45 seconds before I gave up and pulled out Keqing and had her teleport up to it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay goons, I need your help because this is severely bothering me. The star on the map here is a blue ice frozen... something. Problem is I can't seem to find Crimson Quartz anywhere within remote range to break it open. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Andrast posted:

His elemental skill can only proc once every 2 seconds so fast attacking doesn't really do anything

I was watching a yt video yesterday where the guy was proccing the blossom, immediately hitting E again, then proccing another blossom. Skipping the blossom cooldown. His E cooldown is so fast that you can do it fairly often. He was 3 starring abyss 12 with Albedo, Zhongli, support Bennett, and another support. No true carry. Was kind of a neat team composition.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay goons, I need your help because this is severely bothering me. The star on the map here is a blue ice frozen... something. Problem is I can't seem to find Crimson Quartz anywhere within remote range to break it open. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Lol I literally struggled with this about an hour ago. There's a little island (has a couple cranes or something) in the southeast and it's hiding behind it and you can't see it unless you're approaching from the other direction. Took me way longer than I care to admit to find that.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Jump down from the cliff, the quartz is halfway down. Break it then glide to the island. Try not to mess up or you’re in for another long walk.

Nope ignore me, wrong random island

Selane
May 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

Same. I decided to pull for Albedo and got Jean instead (which was good, best possible outcome). But now I've spent another 60 rolls collecting constellations and have to make the decision again... still not sure. The build everyone seems to be going is Harbinger of Dawn (a 3* sword) and crit hat, DEF sands, geo goblet, DEF substats wherever possible which should make him really easy to gear.

Yeah, crit and geo are his best stats, where you can't get those you go for defense. I like Albedo because he's so unusual. His stat priorities are weird, and he's a support that works with basically anyone. On top of that, he has one of the lowest field time requirements of any support due to the super long duration of his aura, so he can even work with greedy dps like Razor or Tartaglia.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks for the tips all!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

I think people are trying too hard to make the transient blossoms a bigger damage source than they're meant to be. I can understand why, it has 100% uptime and all, but I personally think the better build is just popping on Festering Desire (which buffs up his E by default, unconditionally as well as giving good energy recharge and great base atk) and loading him out to be a burstbot instead. His Q is almost always on cooldown, so you'll be able to pop them off constantly, which is good because he'll also buff elemental mastery for all your allies for a while. I think 2 Noblesse 2 Petra is the way to go.

Then again, I haven't done a ton of testing yet. Do the transient blossoms' damage really outweigh the burst damage?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Lol I literally struggled with this about an hour ago. There's a little island (has a couple cranes or something) in the southeast and it's hiding behind it and you can't see it unless you're approaching from the other direction. Took me way longer than I care to admit to find that.

To expand on this:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CubeTheory posted:

This is true of all Geo constructs -- any contact with Boreas' body vaporizes ZL's pillars and NG's screen too, and Stormterror is just incredibly wonky with constructs. If you place a construct too close to any of the ascension-material world bosses like Regisvine, it will instantly vaporize, except for Oceanid where it will vaporize no matter where you place it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

So for those players who are complaining about the geo cube: Bring a level 1 Noelle! Save your ult for the final phase and you'll cut a bunch of time off the boss fight.

Thanks for the tip. Big difference.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Framboise posted:

I think people are trying too hard to make the transient blossoms a bigger damage source than they're meant to be. I can understand why, it has 100% uptime and all, but I personally think the better build is just popping on Festering Desire (which buffs up his E by default, unconditionally as well as giving good energy recharge and great base atk) and loading him out to be a burstbot instead. His Q is almost always on cooldown, so you'll be able to pop them off constantly, which is good because he'll also buff elemental mastery for all your allies for a while. I think 2 Noblesse 2 Petra is the way to go.

Then again, I haven't done a ton of testing yet. Do the transient blossoms' damage really outweigh the burst damage?

Comparing his skill vs burst for level 1 talents:

In 12 seconds you can pop 6 transient blossoms for 801% defense% scaling damage.
For 1 burst you get 362% + 72%x# of fatal blossom hits of atk% scaling damage.
His skill hit itself also does atk% scaling damage, but it resets the cooldown of the transient blossom, so you can do stuff like transient blossom proc -> skill -> immediately transient again, so eh I kind of cancel those out, but I could be wrong there.

Basically all 7 fatal blossoms have to hit the same target for it to out-damage the skill, which is pretty unlikely. Burst does have a larger AOE so it depends on the situation/monster density/etc.etc., but overall transients do more damage than burstin.

Another thing to take into account is Albedo has the highest base defense in the game I believe, and a pretty low base attack.

Plus I like the alternate gearing option of using stuff that rolls defense% since most others always are wanting those atk rolls and it's nice to change things up!

vandiar fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 27, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm beginning to consider skipping cutscenes, ngl

Quetzadilla posted:

Haven't caught up with the thread but I made the rookie mistake of not using an interactive map to track agates because I didn't anticipate it gating a weekly progression mechanic. Now to find the last 2 needed to hit lv 8...

As an AR11 newbie, care to illuminate me?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

nessin posted:

Even a F2P player would have two or three fully built characters, and even those that haven't been playing since the start should at least have the traveller as an option. I'll grant there is some level of can't fix stupid with people who don't even bother to go in the domain to check it out first but that's all going to fix itself over time (in theory). As for the co-op, all the other domains are far easier co-op than solo so I don't think someone going for co-op instantly means they're just not good enough to do it solo.

I am not implying someone co-oping means they cannot do the domain solo, but for a given domain, with a full co-op party, it is highly likely that at least one player has failed to complete the domain on their own or at least without using food. Also, all F2P players may have the traveler, but I doubt a lot of players, depending on what AR you are at, would main the traveler and keep the traveler leveled up against their other 5* which would be a Childe/Mona in your context especially since the players entering that domain are likely to want artifacts to upgrade their Hydro DPS. They could have two or three fully built characters if they followed other people's advice, but they easily be experiencing the world blind and have decided to keep everyone else evenly leveled because there is no in-game tip to advise against that, and thus they are stuck with a hydro DPS that is only properly leveled for the domain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

As an AR11 newbie, care to illuminate me?

The frozen mountain has new collectibles, and they didn't keep track of where they were as they were collecting them so now they've completely lost track of the things and have to scour the entire mountain looking for the few that they haven't picked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Also, literal children play this game so you may just be encountering one of those.