Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Whats the law of five?

The Principia Discordia posted:

The Law of Fives

The Law of Fives is one of the oldest Erisian Mysterees. It was first revealed to Good Lord Omar and is one of the great contributions to come from The Hidden Temple of The Happy Jesus.
POEE subscribes to the Law of Fives of Omar's sect. And POEE also recognizes the holy 23 (2+3=5) that is incorporated by Episkopos Dr. Mordecai Malignatus, KNS, into his Discordian sect, The Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria.

The Law of Fives states simply that: ALL THINGS HAPPEN IN FIVES, OR ARE DIVISIBLE BY OR ARE MULTIPLES OF FIVE, OR ARE SOMEHOW DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY APPROPRIATE TO 5.

The Law of Fives is never wrong.

In the Erisian Archives is an old memo from Omar to Mal-2: "I find the Law of Fives to be more and more manifest the harder I look."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The escape goat is a goat decoy who dies???

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ahem..."No-durr-drat" ring a bell?

Also, what the gently caress is a domino machine in chud/Q-terminology?

I believe that's an idiot trying to talk about Dominion voting machines.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

a functioning government

Our government is many things, but this is the first time I've heard it called this.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
None of us are rich. That's why it doesn't function for us.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Escape Goat is such a good Rickyism :allears:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Whats the law of five?

Conspiracy types are absolutely obsessed with numerology. I think 5! was a pretty important number for conspiracies in the book too

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

McNally posted:

Our government is many things, but this is the first time I've heard it called this.

Yeah that's fair. Maybe "an open government" is a better way to put it :v:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The law of fives is never wrong. Too bad about the escape goat though, poor kid

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
https://twitter.com/mishmei/status/1343149664518819840?s=21

"Bunk beds in a 1BR apartment and a girlfriend named Kalya" levels of divorced dad energy here.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Is the couch wrapped in plastic??

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I mean, at least the kids clearly know.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sacrist65 posted:

"Bunk beds in a 1BR apartment and a girlfriend named Kalya" levels of divorced dad energy here.

Excellent followup imo

https://twitter.com/MishMei/status/1343163988427698176?s=20

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I thought escape goat would be some wacky autocorrect thing but Siri at least understands scapegoat so that is 100% intentional.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Escape Goat is such a good Rickyism :allears:

also a good puzzle-platformer game, with a good sequel

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
"father, will we also only display massive overbite instead of actually smiling?"
"yes"

"and mandatory mouth circumcisions at 16"

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
My guess is those are all sock puppet accounts from Russia stirring the conspiracy.

Oxygenpoisoning fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 28, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

I thought escape goat would be some wacky autocorrect thing but Siri at least understands scapegoat so that is 100% intentional.

And/or not knowing what it means and confusing "a scapegoat" because you are a dummy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Does Siri know escapegoat? Because on android you get corrected to two words, at least

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

My guess is those are all sock puppet accounts from Russia stirring the conspiracy.

Don't worry plenty of pants-hatted C-SPAMmers love spreading around anti-CIA conspiracies

Wasabi the J posted:

"We killed epstein in a cell but this dude we let go home to his mom's to die of covid 2 years later."

Am I getting this right?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't worry plenty of pants-hatted C-SPAMmers love spreading around anti-CIA conspiracies

I thought C-Spam was supposed to be the lighter comedy version of D&D, as opposed to even more whacky?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I thought C-Spam was supposed to be the lighter comedy version of D&D, as opposed to even more whacky?

As a result DND has sort of ossified into a “Biden can do no wrong” forum (with similar moderating) and C-SPAM is full nihilist leftist.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hobbesmaster posted:

As a result DND has sort of ossified into a “Biden can do no wrong” forum

Yeah, no it hasn't. Not by a long way.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If you want real political discussion you have to go-to bread n roses.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Grip it and rip it posted:

If you want real political discussion you have to go-to bread n roses.

Nah dude, you go down to the coffee shop that has an out door table with an ash trey for realpolitik

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

KirbyKhan posted:

Nah dude, you go down to the coffee shop that has an out door table with an ash trey for realpolitik

hey everyone this guy is breaking social distancing! get him!

*the crowd rushes forward and stops six feet away, shuffling awkwardly*

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, no it hasn't. Not by a long way.

It kinda has, sadly

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kristin__wilson/status/1343692544769748993?s=21

https://twitter.com/annaedge4/status/1343693212582617090?s=21

https://twitter.com/kristin__wilson/status/1343692996668235777?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I really don't have a good read on its chances in the Senate. I'd say about a 75% chance that it just dies because Republicans won't give it 60 ($450B price tag apparently). Could very well be wrong.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

facialimpediment posted:

I really don't have a good read on its chances in the Senate. I'd say about a 75% chance that it just dies because Republicans won't give it 60 ($450B price tag apparently). Could very well be wrong.

Let them give into their scrooge desires. Let them say out loud with bass in their voices and puffed out chest "NO MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS"

My wife and I are god damned financial unicorns with no debt to service. It is wild how this stimulus and the UI plus up turns our budget spreadsheet from hella red to almost not red.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sure looks like the NDAA veto is about to get overridden in the House, by a lot.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1343696731834355715

The Senate number will sure be interesting, I'd be shocked if it didn't get overridden there too. The House loves them some Donnie Dick and defected like crazy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

If anything I’d say the Georgia senate race changes the calculus, I’m not sure Mitch blocking it to avoid a vote will work like that way he handled the HEROES bill. That sends the message that hey if not for Mitch it would get a vote.

Now I could see it need the 60 to pass and then just letting some monumental douchbag like Rand Paul filibuster it and take the blame. The only problem is just how many R’s do you actually need? It doesn’t seem like it would be more then 10-12 currently right?

Also this is so goddamn weird.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1343705342329442310?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 29, 2020

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I got about two paragraphs in before my eyes rolled into my head I couldn't continue reading about celebrity gossip. Is there anything to that beyond someone talking with an accent sometimes and twitter trying to cancel them?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NDAA House override wasn't even close. Needed 274, got 322.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1343710471120150528

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
So, what does that mean?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

e: wrong thing

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Sure looks like the NDAA veto is about to get overridden in the House, by a lot.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1343696731834355715

The Senate number will sure be interesting, I'd be shocked if it didn't get overridden there too. The House loves them some Donnie Dick and defected like crazy.

Trump never had a legislative hold on the GOP. It took him a year to pass tax cuts and he never got Obamacare repealed when he had both houses of Congress. A year for Republicans to pass tax cuts. That's how abysmal his leadership is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Leavemywife posted:

So, what does that mean?

When the senate votes to override tomorrow that Trump's NDAA veto doesn't matter and the bill goes into law. This means changing the names of bases etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Trump never had a legislative hold on the GOP. It took him a year to pass tax cuts and he never got Obamacare repealed when he had both houses of Congress. A year for Republicans to pass tax cuts. That's how abysmal his leadership is.

whats point in repealing obamacare when they can just claim they tried and were blocked