Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

VoLaTiLe posted:

On my 2nd playthrough now as a shootergirl and have to say enjoying this alot more than my 1st hackerman playthrough

I am also picking up alot more things in the story as I am actually taking my time because I am not scared of my save file going over 8mb

i just ran hacker and tech rifle and im not really sure how the game is supposed to pose a challenge to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Verviticus posted:

i just ran hacker and tech rifle and im not really sure how the game is supposed to pose a challenge to me

Yea even cranking the difficulty up does nothing with that type of build.

The A.I just shits the bed

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

on my second playthrough as Bodyman and it's hilarious how i just casually walk up to people and shotgun their face

sometimes i club, depends on my mood

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You could run out of ammo and the button to craft more could glitch out and stop working. Then what would you do? Simply wait for your ram to replenish? You could grow bored and wander off to do something else and while you're away from the screen an NPC could walk into your parked car outside and cause the police to spawn on you. Not so confident now are you?

This is one of the spookiest quests. I don't know if it's just a glitch or if on purpose or what but she's the only person with a reflection, and it stands out so much that I'm leaning towards it being purposeful. Even if I try to stand in front of her it shines right through me. I'm barely a shadow.

I don't like this scary lady.

In the emails in the secret room it says blue team is going offsite but orange team is going to remain onsite. I wonder if Elizabeth Peralez is orange team or it just refers to people in the van.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 28, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Artelier posted:

on my second playthrough as Bodyman and it's hilarious how i just casually walk up to people and shotgun their face

sometimes i club, depends on my mood

I use the katana a lot, it's great for cancelling alerts (they never get a chance to communicate that they saw me, so everyone else remains blissfully ignorant of their incipient decapitation).

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'm still early on in the main quests. Following Love Like Fire do they explain how Johnny escaped the first part with Adam Smasher or is it just guns and action and stuff. Was a weird cut.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

the cemetery is a "cool" place for a shootout

So... the columns scene from matrix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuslUzbJEaw&t=80s

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A thought.
Despite all the Judy simps, it seems to me Panam is more the canon romance. I say this just because she has more on-screen time, there are more missions with her. Apart from having a role to play in one of the endings.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Chubby Henparty posted:

I'm still early on in the main quests. Following Love Like Fire do they explain how Johnny escaped the first part with Adam Smasher or is it just guns and action and stuff. Was a weird cut.

As far asi can tell the entire point of that cut is to doubly emphasise that johnny and rogue know each other, which seems unnecessary given that johnny spends almost every single interaction with rogue going ‘woah rogue hasnt changed a bit since i knew her fifty years ago’

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

hrm. maybe the LMG isn't as useless as I thought https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/klmf2f/bought_a_legendary_defender_it_goes_brrr/

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

A thought.
Despite all the Judy simps, it seems to me Panam is more the canon romance. I say this just because she has more on-screen time, there are more missions with her. Apart from having a role to play in one of the endings.

"canon" is a dumb concept

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wow. That's really selling me on an LMG.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

A thought.
Despite all the Judy simps, it seems to me Panam is more the canon romance.

What does this even mean?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Well, I'm finally right at the end, and I've got a question about how to actually pull off the secret ending.

I've tried it three times now and I keep getting one-shot by the first guard right in front of me. I thought I was keeping up decently gear-wise throughout the game, so it's really frustrating that I keep dying before I can even do anything. It's also painful to keep retrying because, from the last auto-save, I still have to speed through all the dialog with Viktor, Misty, and Johnny, not to mention the five-minute wait for the secret option.

Any tips on how to get past this part?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

404notfound posted:

Well, I'm finally right at the end, and I've got a question about how to actually pull off the secret ending.

I've tried it three times now and I keep getting one-shot by the first guard right in front of me. I thought I was keeping up decently gear-wise throughout the game, so it's really frustrating that I keep dying before I can even do anything. It's also painful to keep retrying because, from the last auto-save, I still have to speed through all the dialog with Viktor, Misty, and Johnny, not to mention the five-minute wait for the secret option.

What level are you?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Geez this Sinnerman quest is buggy at the start. For the car chase they really wanted cars to block you at specific points so cars are teleporting around to ensure this happens, and for whatever reason it instantly goes from cloudy to sunny at a certain part.

Dec 25, 2020

Section Z posted:

Previously someone tried to justify my discovery of "Wow, a $250,000 blueprint for crafting my own legendary power ricochet eye mod, yeesh." with "But that's okay because crafted items scale with you!"

I had my excitement smashed when crafting my own (cheaper blueprint) cyber mods such as thermal knuckles and that thing that goes into the third slot of legendary arms that does +30% crit. No better than shop bought, no listed difference except putting the "Crafting spec" label on your UI. Even as my armadillo mods crafting can pop out purples, or even the commons are worth more armor than the armor they go in.

Maybe there are some exceptions, but any time I quick load and buy/craft a cyber mod blueprint I'm capable of slotting, it doesn't make a difference to my stats (so far as the UI is concerned). Certainly not for any of the damage related cyber arm mods I've crafted.

Yeah but that's a mod, not actual cyberware. I believe the latter scales with level but the former doesn't.

If cyberware itself doesn't scale with level then that means that cyberware weapons will get very quickly outpaced by regular weapons, which kind of sucks.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i just realized the pills you get in the beginning of act two are red and blue

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

404notfound posted:

Turn the difficulty down.

Dec 25, 2020

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i just realized the pills you get in the beginning of act two are red and blue

And here I thought that was way too on the nose.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The pills are a silly conceit that doesn't need to be there and I don't know why they are.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The pills are a silly conceit that doesn't need to be there and I don't know why they are.

I get the feeling that at some point they were going to limit them somehow but backed off because that would be terrible.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jeff Fatwood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCpjA4WVkhc

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Love to hit the open road

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I played this game for about 30 hrs and just can't make myself interested enough to play it again or finish the story. The game is just boring and CDPR should have worked on it for like another year or so.

Hopefully they'll silently fix everything and add more content over time like they did with Witcher 3

:(

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I was watching a stream and realized you can see Panam in Afterlife during Act 1, and even Judy appears next to Evelyn before you talk to her. I wonder if River also has an Act 1 cameo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I played this game for about 30 hrs and just can't make myself interested enough to play it again or finish the story. The game is just boring and CDPR should have worked on it for like another year or so.

Hopefully they'll silently fix everything and add more content over time like they did with Witcher 3

:(
What games do you think are exciting?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

lunar detritus posted:

I was watching a stream and realized you can see Panam in Afterlife during Act 1, and even Judy appears next to Evelyn before you talk to her. I wonder if River also has an Act 1 cameo.

A couple of the named NPCs from Act 2 mission stuff show up randomly.

The Perales' make a cameo.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If you follow Panam out of Afterlife she makes a phonecall and yells silently at the phone and then stands there until you turn around so she can despawn and vanish like Batman.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
this game hits the same spot as vtmb did

setting, atmosphere and the characters especially make me overlook mediocre gameplay and the general feeling of it being unfinished

a (hub based) version of this game that cut out all the filler ncpd contracts and sidegigs and concentrated on fleshed out sidequests, memorable characters (cdprs biggest strength) and reactivity would be my favourite game of all times

game is also very pretty, when it doesn't glitch out

also imho one of keanu reeves better performances and i usually hate putting hollywood actors in video games

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I crafted an epic iconic handgun, Comrade's Hammer

I am fully specced in handguns with all those delicious extra crit and headshot damage perks and 16 reflexes, and most of all the "last bullet in the magazine does double damage" perk and this thing absolutely murders since it has a 1 round magazine :v:

My other guns have a DPS of around 280-300, this thing has a nominal dps of 700, and it literally vaporizes everything it hits with around 10000 damage lmao. It kinda feels like Johnny's gun from the main story segments but actually sort of balanced

Too bad it's so slow to reload and thus bad when you're getting swarmed by mooks

E: it's also tech and "automatically" charged so every shot will just punch through cover :getin:

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 28, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1343553397342019588?s=21

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Jeff Fatwood posted:

That the majority of the fanbase seems to view her as the ultimate ~waifu~ choice, or at least did at the time of release. Was she prominently in the promo material? I didn't really track any of it, but it seems that way.

Panam's interactions have been spoilt a lot for me by it being pointed out in this thread (not a 'spoiler' but an observation) that her dialog doesn't use contractions in speech (except when, unexpectedly, it does). Sounds very odd and off-putting. It must have been an intentional scriptwriting decision, but still.

Judy's VA and scriptwriting though is great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you follow Panam out of Afterlife she makes a phonecall and yells silently at the phone and then stands there until you turn around so she can despawn and vanish like Batman.

She must get those car spam messages too.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

As far asi can tell the entire point of that cut is to doubly emphasise that johnny and rogue know each other, which seems unnecessary given that johnny spends almost every single interaction with rogue going ‘woah rogue hasnt changed a bit since i knew her fifty years ago’

Fair enough, ta. Definitely some strange cuts though - I also wondered if I'd missed an I'm not going to kill you anymore scene between the apartment and picking up the car when you and Johnny are suddenly all chatty.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

What games do you think are exciting?

Probably a bunch of them

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
For all of it's issues this game handles shooting from cover better than any I've ever played. it feels so intuitive and organic. Very impressive

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Mr Blue Eyes in basically following you the entire game, similar to Gaunter in the Witcher 3 hearts of stone.

When you scan him this is the result

He is the one who contacts u in the persalez quest Dream on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, peek over/around is very natural, shooting and scanning.