Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

It depends on how fancy your PC is. The big selling point over the PC version isn't Virgil but Legendary Dark Knight mode so how much fun you'll get out of that basically determines if it's worth the cost. I'd wait for a price drop at least.

Well, I do not have a raytracing compatible card (GTX 1070), but it does run the game at a good clip all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Well, I do not have a raytracing compatible card (GTX 1070), but it does run the game at a good clip all the same.

I'd hold off then. It's neat to have it shinier but unless LDK mode REALLY calls to you it's not worth the full price when you have a perfectly fine version as is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There are LDK mods already if you really want that.
The only thing you can't get on PC is the raytracing.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
It's highly likely that Capcom will eventually do a DMC5 SE on PC release, like 2-3 years from now. Capcom is the greediest publisher and will sell you the same game as many times as possible.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
From what I see the modded LDKs are also, well, balanced for the sort of people who would be modding DMCV in the first place: capital G Gamers that want a brutal challenge. I did see that clip where the first Proto Angelo and knights encounter is instead permanently SDT Vergil

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

K8.0 posted:

It's highly likely that Capcom will eventually do a DMC5 SE on PC release, like 2-3 years from now

People keep saying this but if they’re releasing Vergil as DLC I really don’t think it’s true. They’re not willing to start up another round of development for something whose main feature is $5 and the rest will probably be modded in.

DmC Definitive never came to PC either.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Huh, DMC5SE is $40 which is less than I thought it would be. Still, I will think about it.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

My problem is that my brain is used to doing vergil combos in 4 on turbo mode and trying to do them on 5 has me doing it way too fast

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

I’m Vergil.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I'm just tired of being told mods are good enough. I'll use them, but every time I have to use a readme or fiddle with something because it didn't install right I just get frustrated.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Finally having a good PC I'm actually feeling the lack of DmCDE on PC. I'd want to replay it but I can't bother digging out the ps4 and I have no idea where to get the mods a lot of the DE stuff was based on

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I beat bloody palace for the first time today, as Vergil! Boy that mirror match is a tough fight. Made a lot of mistakes, got hit quite a bit, but clutched it out with a good combo at the end after a Hell on Earth dropped the other Vergil to 10% HP.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does Vergil also get a unique taunt after beating Bloody Palace?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Does Vergil also get a unique taunt after beating Bloody Palace?

Yep

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Nina posted:

Finally having a good PC I'm actually feeling the lack of DmCDE on PC. I'd want to replay it but I can't bother digging out the ps4 and I have no idea where to get the mods a lot of the DE stuff was based on

Same, I still think that DmC was a fun enough game to play, and I wanted to try the definitive edition because I feel like a lot of gamefeel issues could be solved with 60fps and letting you whack any enemy with any weapon.
Shame PC never got it.

As for DMC V, has the LDK mod been updated with the Definitive Edition enemy placement or is it "lol just spam enemies as the modder envisioned"?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just got SSS rank as Vergil by killing a demon with the tip of my sword that sticks out of my back when you commit sepukku and transform into V

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I just got SSS rank as Vergil by killing a demon with the tip of my sword that sticks out of my back when you commit sepukku and transform into V

Lmao. I love the fact that it has a hitbox in the first place.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I had the same happen too. Love it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Found in the related videos of BP Taunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeoJ_2Ot1Lc

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
how do you do the mid air forward jab with mirage edge?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Relin posted:

how do you do the mid air forward jab with mirage edge?

Same as ground Stinger, lock-on towards + attack

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it'd be nice if it said it worked mid air unlike dante

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Is mission 19 as Vergil supposed to be this hard or am I just bad (on SoS)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Listen, he just missed you so much. Now, he's going to make sure he doesn't miss this time

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Strelok604 posted:

Is mission 19 as Vergil supposed to be this hard or am I just bad (on SoS)

Fighting Vergil has it's own bullshit but Vergil can't just decide "okay Royal Guard time, get good and dodge Royal Release or just wait"

Doesn't help that Dante seems to be counter made to get you if you just teleport in anytime you see an opening like you would with any other enemy or boss. That Stinger into Million Stab into the Rainstorm gets me everytime teleporting next to his guns is bad in that situation :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I put in the work to get a no damage on Dante in SoS and it's absolutely key that you learn when to let go of lock-on so you Air Trick above Dante for some of his attacks. His weakness is you attacking from air, like say, wrecking his poo poo with aerial Judgement Cut spam. One of the other lessons is figuring out when you've got a real combo confirm on the rear end in a top hat because he's pretty much got infinite hyper armor once he starts an attack string, and if you Trick at him without actual hitstun it's extremely likely he'll just catch you in a combo.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

toasterwarrior posted:

I put in the work to get a no damage on Dante in SoS and it's absolutely key that you learn when to let go of lock-on so you Air Trick above Dante for some of his attacks. His weakness is you attacking from air, like say, wrecking his poo poo with aerial Judgement Cut spam. One of the other lessons is figuring out when you've got a real combo confirm on the rear end in a top hat because he's pretty much got infinite hyper armor once he starts an attack string, and if you Trick at him without actual hitstun it's extremely likely he'll just catch you in a combo.

This, but also he hates Blistering Swords, they do a surprising amount of (usually) free damage I find.

He's still a real fucker tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How do you reflect projectiles with Vergil? Do you just hold RB or is it a parry input like royal guard?

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Here's a playlist of my no damage boss runs. All but one are DMD turbo mode. Missions 19 and 20 are such a blast with Dante, Nero, and Vergil.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLelH-ibG492aprAcd2LEIy6pZ8vdcs9bK

Did you know you can instantly kill Vergil with a well-timed, fully power RG release even on DMD? I thought it was a mistake until I kept reproducing it. I kept getting hit during Doppleganger, but it turns out you can just skip 2/3 of the right. :shrug:

Jack Trades posted:

How do you reflect projectiles with Vergil? Do you just hold RB or is it a parry input like royal guard?

His guard is just holding RB and forfeiting concentration gauge. The only projectile I can recall reflecting are all the Urizen fireballs. Everyone can reflect this. Beowulf's/Balrog's Flush does this most easily.

J2DK fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 28, 2020

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
S-ranked DMD with Vergil tonight and you know what, it's going above Wasteland 3 in my GOTY this year. I normally prefer not to give older games or even what's technically DLC for older stuff higher spots in my list because I feel like it's not fair in a way, but fuuuuuuuck Vergil is just so loving cool and the new Dante fight might be, very fittingly, tied for my favorite DMC boss fight ever with DMCV's standard Vergil boss fight.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
It's my favorite video game ever. I ended up making Special Edition an excuse to S rank everything as the main cast, and I'm still playing dozens of hours since thanks to turbo mode.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I mean, replaying it reminded me of a lot of stuff I really didn't like about the game (V's gameplay on DMD, Judeccas and how loving impossible it is to combo them because of their hyper armor and teleport escapes, Mission 8 & 12 & 18 having really hosed score calculations), but my impressions this time around were helped by just how brokenly good Vergil is. The great thing about his version of being OP is that it takes a modicum of skill and getting used to his mechanics (particularly perfect Judgement Cuts) to really just go hogwild, so it feels earned no matter what.

Game's fuckin' great.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

My biggest gripe is probably the environments; most of it is either stock city or uninteresting qliphoth jumble. The RE Engine looks amazing, but also drabs and mutes a lot of the colors too, which isn't really the best fit with such a stylish and exaggerated series. Thankfully I can put on Vergil's older blue coat instead

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I have been turboing through the game as Vergil having all the fun. Then i go back to the main game having very much not played since Bloody Palace came out. I had left off my Son of Sparda run as V on Mission 9. I manage to limp my way through that before getting to Dante and my head just goes completely blank. I am not ready for big brain weapon/style swapping strats yet!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I adore the DMC games but I will never be so good at them as to, like, be in Swordmaster, swap to Gunslinger for a single move I want, and then immediately swap back out.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I pretty much only use Swordmaster and Trickster as offense and defense and only use the others very rarely. Much easier to handle that way.

I've also never gotten a chain perfect Judgement Cut on purpose, but I did get a quadruple one on accident. Trying to get a just frame one on purpose never gets me anywhere when I've tried.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Are there any content creators to focus on guides for getting True-Style good at Devil May Cry V? I’m pretty interested in attempting to S-Rank the game on DMD but I know I’d get there a lot faster if I had basic bread & butter combos or a good groundwork/fundamental videos to get started. I would probably start with Vergil but the ultimate goal is become fluidly swapping between all 4 modes as Dante like some of the insane combo mutants online.

I think I have the talent necessary to pull this off but would rather stand on the shoulders of giants than reinvent to wheel on my own, so to speak.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Check out DevilNeverCry, he has some good tutorials. Our very own AccountingNightmare also did a stream of S-Rank DMD on Youtube.

edit: You don't really need to do any insane style switching if you "just" want to get the S-Ranks BTW. I'm pretty sure this can be done with mainly Swordmaster with some occasional dips into Royal Guard BTW. Royal Guard in general is very good against bosses in this and much easier to learn than in past titles since a block will just reduce your DT instead of doing chip damage.

KonvexKonkav fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://twitter.com/_SopaGamja/status/1343296688308408320?s=19