Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

half cocaine posted:

How about that Seahawks defense? Goddamn

Their best game against McVay by light years, looked like an old school LOB piranha swarm out there by the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
4th Quarter Goff

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

S
A
M
E

O
L
D

S
O
R
R
Y

A
S
S

R
A
M
S

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

S
A
M
E

O
L
D

S
O
R
R
Y

A
S
S

R
A
M
S

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You know they will flex the Packers/Bears to primetime. It sucks because if they kept the schedule as is, the Seahawks would know whether to rest next week or not. Of course if the Packers win tonight it will not matter anyway.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

You know they will flex the Packers/Bears to primetime. It sucks because if they kept the schedule as is, the Seahawks would know whether to rest next week or not. Of course if the Packers win tonight it will not matter anyway.

Irrespective of what happens tonight the Bears/Packers game matters if you care about the difference between the two and three seeds.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Yeah, I don't think so.

we cannot beat them, I don't know what ancient curse we invoked 4 years ago.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1343371521700585472
https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1343371563400237056

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams will lose to the Cardinals and miss the playoffs

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I believe in AAF legend John Walford

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/1343379292030267392

:lol:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams will lose to the Cardinals and miss the playoffs

And the Seahawks will lose to the 49ers because gently caress you, gently caress ALL of you.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

shirts and skins posted:

S
A
M
E

O
L
D

S
O
R
R
Y

A
S
S

R
A
M
S

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

I believe in AAF legend John Walford

as a lifelong Hotshots fan -- and Starter Jacket owner -- I am conflicted

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

mllaneza posted:

And the Seahawks will lose to the 49ers because gently caress you, gently caress ALL of you.

That's fine unless GB and NO lose out. Otherwise I only care that no Seahawks get hurt next week.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Qwijib0 posted:

as a lifelong Hotshots fan -- and Starter Jacket owner -- I am conflicted

Sounds like you’ve got a backup team to cheer for if the Cardinals miss the playoffs. That’s not a bad problem to have.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks have like a 9% chance of getting the #1 seed that is predicated on a lot of things happening with the Saints and Packers so yeah I'm fine with them playing Russ for like a quarter then giving us the Geno Smith experience.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looking like the Packers have this one wrapped up, so feel free to the let the 49ers beat up on the practice squad next week.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 28, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just want to say that I hope the Rams miss the playoffs and no team in the NFL deserves to miss the playoffs more than the Rams do.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I like this guy
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/with-cigar-in-hand-jamal-adams-says-seahawks-nfc-west-title-feels-great/

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mcmagic posted:

I just want to say that I hope the Rams miss the playoffs and no team in the NFL deserves to miss the playoffs more than the Rams do.

I'm highly certain your wish will be granted.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I want to be excited about the defense seeming to have improved a bunch, but then I remember who the Hawks played and that excitement goes away.

Still, the Cards are the only team they've allowed more than 20 points to in the last 6 weeks, and they allowed 21.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

Looking like the Packers have this one wrapped up, so feel free to the let the 49ers beat up on the practice squad next week.

Hawks have the tiebreaker over GB if they tie so a Seattle win plus a GB and NO loss means the 1 seed.

Seems pretty remote but it's enough that Seattle won't rest starters.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wait till he wants 20 million a year as a box safety.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Wait till he wants 20 million a year as a box safety.

Given that I thought Clowney was worth $17m, he is worth $20m easily right now. Also, I am not a GM...

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I don't, unless he was on my team.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Hopefully they don't crash like Boeing's latest and greatest.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
For real though I am happy for him and the rest of the team.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

JAmAl aDaMs iS a BoX SaFeTy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I don't, unless he was on my team.

Even then it would be 50/50. A lot of Jets fans couldn’t stand him when he was here.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Jamal Adams is 100% the kind of player that only fans of winning teams will appreciate him on.

Pay the man, imo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Refs tried their hardest to give the Rams the advantage, but in the end it was the same old sorry rear end rams.

Beathard also played pretty well for the 49ers. Like, better than Handsome Jimmy had been.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Also, no problem with Carroll's goal line challenge. I think he calls a time out there anyway to let the defense come up for air and make sure their coverage is correct. You don't lose anything by making that time out a challenge, if you have the opportunity to challenge something. Fumble in the endzone, even if it's 99% not recovered by you, is still worth a shot if you were calling time out anyway.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gerund posted:

Jamal Adams is 100% the kind of player that only fans of winning teams will appreciate him on.

Pay the man, imo.

He feels very much like a Pete Carroll defense player in that respect, yeah. He's a game changing kind of talent - you just can't replicate something like that chasedown of Malcolm Brown. I bet the Seahawks pay him handsomely.

I've also been very encouraged by Jordyn Brooks. The team raised a lot of eyebrows taking him ahead of Patrick Queen but you can see the blueprint for why they chose him now. His speed helps close down the horizontal stuff that the other teams in the division seem to love.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
If the cards can pull off a win in week 17 (big ol flashing light if), I think I would prefer @sea to the other two options

https://twitter.com/CardsMarkD/status/1343578651976105985

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So as far as I understand it:

Cards: this is a true elimination game, win and they're in, lose and they're out because CHI has the tiebreaker even if both lose.

Rams: win and are in, and can even get the 5 seed if TB loses to ATL. Lose and are in unless CHI beats GB, but if not they end up the 7th seed.

Hawks: 3 seed at minimum, but if they win and GB or NO lose they're the 2 seed, and if both lose they're the 1 seed.

That seem right?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

So as far as I understand it:

Cards: this is a true elimination game, win and they're in, lose and they're out because CHI has the tiebreaker even if both lose.

Rams: win and are in, and can even get the 5 seed if TB loses to ATL. Lose and are in unless CHI beats GB, but if not they end up the 7th seed.

Hawks: 3 seed at minimum, but if they win and GB or NO lose they're the 2 seed, and if both lose they're the 1 seed.

That seem right?

Something like that. For the Hawks' higher seeds, it involves going through three tiers of tiebreakers: overall record, division record, and record versus the same opponents.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 28, 2020

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm assuming SEA is the 3 seed. NO is playing Carolina who is dogshit, GB is playing CHI, who is... playing well all the sudden?? But I think we all know the tittiess are not getting kissed against Green Bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Here is a chart for all the what-ifs.

https://twitter.com/vountee/status/1343632464347095046?s=21