Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah making this into a lovely Rockstar game would blow, I’m hoping they use it as a platform for RPG style modules and you and your friends can go do dungeons/raids/long quests in exotic locales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s weird because I have absolutely no concept of what the fabled January and February patches are gonna do.

Like is it just 50 GB of bug fixes? Or is there more content, all the poo poo that is very clearly baked into the game but inaccessible, like the Holo-Cloaking cyberware someone found the art assets for.

How big of a difference will these patches make to new players? Will they be getting a fundamentally different experience than Day 1 consumers? How different?

I know CDPR is in the position where anything they do or say isn’t enough, but some clarity on what the patches are aiming for would really help me to decide if I should wait for a 2nd playthrough or just continue on as normally. Beyond those patches I’m also really curious to see what the PS5 version is gonna be capable of.

CDPR has implied (though not stated outright) that the focus of the January and February patches will be improving the quality of the last-gen versions. If that's the case, I don't doubt they'll also be making improvements to the current-gen and PC versions, but I dunno if I'd expect a lot.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Katt posted:

Pretty sure someone already mentioned that the racing road indicators are just road skins painted on the ground.

They're not an intricate programmed GPS system that can change in real time depending on where you are and where you want to go. If you drive off the track you don't get new glowy lined that get you back on the track.

Even implying that they should just switch that on for all cars is like when people show how easy it is to fix Mass Effect Andromeda character designs by photo shopping a screenshot.
Except numerous lesser open world games with cars have implemented this AND cyberpunk is already doing it in the radar. It just has to display the line in the world. I'm sure its not trivial but I cant believe its too hard to do.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah making this into a lovely Rockstar game would blow, I’m hoping they use it as a platform for RPG style modules and you and your friends can go do dungeons/raids/long quests in exotic locales

poo poo if they did that and released a quest editor or actual mod tools you could GM a campaign. I'd play somebody's or hell yeah I'd make one. That'd be loving sweet and it could make 2077 one of the most popular games of all time.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Turin Turambar posted:

A thought.
Despite all the Judy simps, it seems to me Panam is more the canon romance. I say this just because she has more on-screen time, there are more missions with her. Apart from having a role to play in one of the endings.

On romance why can't V gently caress Mama Welles :quagmire:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So Legendary Arms have two slots, but they don't slot the same things. I have batteries for my Gorilla arms, but what goes in the second mod slot?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

If anything, I see this game to be wholly unprepared to make the jump and transform itself in a gta online clone. No functional third person animations, no mini games, no AI able to drive, no flying vehicles...

Why is everyone assuming GTA Online clone? Because "cars"?

I would think a team loot and shoot like Tsushima or a bunch of PvP team matches would be more likely than creating an MMO out of this.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

You can't be serious. This is the pre-release hype all over again. What about this game makes you think this is a reasonable thing to even hope for. Hahaha

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I expect a lot of bug squashing for a few months and then, maybe, CDPR taking a page out of Hello Games's playbook for No Man's Sky. A few big attention-grabbing omnibus content updates to rehab the image of the game, rather than the drip feed of lil stuff that TW3 or Paradox games have traditionally gotten.

But given that new features = new bugs, I wouldn't expect it for awhile. Anniversary, maybe?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SniperWoreConverse posted:

poo poo if they did that and released a quest editor or actual mod tools you could GM a campaign. I'd play somebody's or hell yeah I'd make one. That'd be loving sweet and it could make 2077 one of the most popular games of all time.

Thinking about this for 3 seconds it's pretty insane and would be monumental work to have baseline functional, but would be incredible if it ever happened.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

So Legendary Arms have two slots, but they don't slot the same things. I have batteries for my Gorilla arms, but what goes in the second mod slot?
The only thing I have found was a +30% crit damage thing called a "Sensory Amplifier" which I put in my own gorilla arms. Online says there are also +5% armor or 15% health versions and stuff, but crafting a blueprint version out of curiosity only turned up another +30% crit version for me.

That said "+30% crit damage for my murder arms" is pretty nice, even if through in game information seems there is no way to tell it is for the 3rd cyber arm slot unless you both own one and have a legendary arm. I just bought it on a hunch when I saw it.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 28, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyberpunk 2020 / Red, is all about co-op adventures, so that is what I want Cyberpunk Online to be. Pulling off heists, taking out wasteland bandits, hunting wanted dangerous murderers. I think Cyberpunk Online should be very co-op focused and try to actually capture the feel of the pen & paper game that it's based on. But there should also be a lot of opportunities for roleplaying, and giving you the whole world of 2077, but with a lot more interior locations, and ways to interact with the world, will be required to make that work.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

TheRat posted:

So we know the first DLC then I guess

'Heart of Chrome' ?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Basic Chunnel posted:

I expect a lot of bug squashing for a few months and then, maybe, CDPR taking a page out of Hello Games's playbook for No Man's Sky. A few big attention-grabbing omnibus content updates to rehab the image of the game, rather than the drip feed of lil stuff that TW3 or Paradox games have traditionally gotten.
Fixing some of the big gameplay bugs like crafting specs not spawning at vendors and various mods/stats/perks not working would be nice alongside the crash bugs and quest fixes. And stuff like cyberware being level locked and non-upgradeable

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

adhuin posted:

'Heart of Chrome' ?

Nah it's going to be Epistrophy 2

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Cyberpunk 2020 / Red, is all about co-op adventures, so that is what I want Cyberpunk Online to be. Pulling off heists, taking out wasteland bandits, hunting wanted dangerous murderers. I think Cyberpunk Online should be very co-op focused and try to actually capture the feel of the pen & paper game that it's based on. But there should also be a lot of opportunities for roleplaying, and giving you the whole world of 2077, but with a lot more interior locations, and ways to interact with the world, will be required to make that work.

And cyberpunk 2077 should have been different in a lot of ways, minor and major, but look at what we ended up with. What about the release makes you think they're even capable of doing any of the things on your wish list for multiplayer?

Come on guys. Some delusions are starting to set in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tsushima Legends is probably my now gold standard for taking a single player story focused game and spinning multiplayer out of it. It's perfect and CP could learn from it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stratdax posted:

And cyberpunk 2077 should have been different in a lot of ways, minor and major, but look at what we ended up with. What about the release makes you think they're even capable of doing any of the things on your wish list for multiplayer?

Come on guys. Some delusions are starting to set in.

I mean if it's coming out in 2 to 3 years, I don't see why not, but to be honest online should really just be canceled.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

stratdax posted:

You can't be serious. This is the pre-release hype all over again. What about this game makes you think this is a reasonable thing to even hope for. Hahaha

It’s gonna be a multiplayer game based on a popular TTRPG, and the gameplay that we have doesn’t really lend itself to PVP whatsoever, because everyone would die to everyone else in one hit.

So either their announced multiplayer mode has completely different gameplay from the base game (seems unlikely) and they would presumably have to find things for a party of OP netrunners and terminators to go do (like, you know, a quest or a dungeon or a raid or something)

I’m not sure how this is “out of control hype” or whatever, they announced a multiplayer mode and I’m just guessing based on the information we have.

My idea makes more sense to me than just making GTAO but worse.

I said come in! posted:

I mean if it's coming out in 2 to 3 years, I don't see why not, but to be honest online should really just be canceled.

Why? Do you really think a bad launch means the only reasonable thing to do is nuke the franchise, completely readjust their financial plan for the next 5 years, and just start from scratch? That’s not how... how anything works!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Given how things have gone so far I wouldn't expect any of that. Something more like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer seems more likely to me. Time pressure / wave combat "heists", etc. I can't really see how they'd go open world without making the same mess that 2077 core made of it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

It would be nice if the civilians you saved from being held up realized that they‘ve been saved and maybe said thanks instead of just remaining scared with their hands up forever until you go far enough away for them to disappear.

I feel like games figured that out in the 80’s.

Sometimes they do! I had best success for them not bugging out when I'd find one victim surrounded by three goons. If you take them all down within the slow-mo period it seems to not trigger the victim's panic state and they say like "thank you, you saved me" type stuff.

KillHour posted:

Given that about 80-90% of the world is cis-hetero, you're probably never going to have mass media depict gay content at the same rate. It would feel weird and artificial, especially in a game whose main thesis is "This is an uncomfortable, hosed up world and OH BOY are we going to make you experience that."

The Forever War was an interesting setting. In the far future, heterosexuality had been mostly outlawed and was absolutely a taboo. It was a natural consequence or adaptation to a world/galaxy where humans were massive overpopulated. One of the main characters has a hard time fitting into this new gay future. I think any futuristic setting or any human setting where overpopulation and limited resources are massive issues has a pretty straightforward imperative to increase gayness. If anything, it's weird and artificial we have so many settings where homosexuality would obviously be of a huge benefit to a majority of the population yet we're always stuck with the cishet poo poo by default.

Anyway, tangent: Why weren't there any furries in the game? Some dudes cave their skulls in to install christmas lights but nobody in this world thought to get cyber cat ears or a little prehensile tail? Really not a lot of imagination into this aspect of things. Could've had a psybercycho that uses monowire attachment, but instead it's really long whip-like phallusses and the guy's head is shaped like an Aliens'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Re: crafting is it better to just make a new version every few levels instead of upgrading?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It for sure has to be something that is way different from GTA Online, no one is going to play an inferior version of GTA Online, and that game is so well established now because its gotten near monthly content updates since 2013.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

Re: crafting is it better to just make a new version every few levels instead of upgrading?

Without a doubt.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

It for sure has to be something that is way different from GTA Online, no one is going to play an inferior version of GTA Online, and that game is so well established now because its gotten near monthly content updates since 2013.
This is consumer brain speak, not investor brain speak.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I said come in! posted:

Fully agreed. Computer version of the tabletop would be awesome. Having more than one player immediately makes things insanely complicated though.

What happens if your PCs leave and go look up different leads on their own? Yeah they could just be on discord voice or w/e but could they just call or text each other in the game? Could you pull a T-Bug during The Heist? Have someone outside with a scope tell someone inside what rooms they can see? When they talk normally is it like how characters in the game are where as you go further away they get quieter until it just doesn't work?

Can characters trade with each other? If someone gets shot with nonlethal rounds or punched and downed are they just knocked out for a while and then their OS reboots them? Can someone else stab them with med injectors to wake them up or heal them? Can players fight each other or rob each other? Could they grapple each other? The tabletop has stuff like people getting stabilized and having a chance to live before they just die, could you do that and grab your buddy and leave? (there's a scene sort of like this in the afterlife with a dude on the phone calling a ripperdoc, those guys are literally obviously a tabletop group plopped right into 2077)

You can all get into the same car, right? Red has rules for vehicle fights so why not be able to have car chases with a bunch of players in there? Oh wait if it's a player behind the wheel you can't lock the car on rails.

also in 2077 right now is there a way to grapple someone and use them as a human shield if you're not in sneak?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Without a doubt.
Nothing quite makes those thousands of basic crafting materials you have amassed over time seem like nothing when actually trying to upgrade things regularly starts charging hundreds of them.

Like, at least give a courtesy "Yes this will have mod slots now if it didn't before" if it's going to be that crazy even with perk discounts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't want them to do any online stuff and just keep making single player rpg poo poo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If Cyberpunk 2077 managed to create a digital online platform for people who want to play in or run Cyberpunk campaigns, and released content modules that function as the DM for you and your friends to play, that would literally revolutionize multiplayer role-playing games and would’ve effectively allow CPR to print money until the end of time. That’s why I think it has a chance of happening, because it’s something consumers want and it’s something they can micro-transaction the gently caress out of.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Khanstant posted:

Anyway, tangent: Why weren't there any furries in the game? Some dudes cave their skulls in to install christmas lights but nobody in this world thought to get cyber cat ears or a little prehensile tail? Really not a lot of imagination into this aspect of things. Could've had a psybercycho that uses monowire attachment, but instead it's really long whip-like phallusses and the guy's head is shaped like an Aliens'

One thing I'll give Infinity (both the wargame and TTRPG) is that its developers knew people would use the setting's tech to become furries and there's at least two in game factions that are just different flavors of furry.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

A fully 3D modular tabletop campaign creator/editor allowing you to use AAA textures/assets/lighting would be really cool no matter what the setting is! I'd love to play a traditional tabletop campaign but in a virtual MMO sandbox world. Like the GM could switch between NPCs and role play their dialogue or actions, and would have tools to edit stuff based on player actions outside of outcomes they already established in a quest editor.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

If Cyberpunk 2077 managed to create a digital online platform for people who want to play in or run Cyberpunk campaigns, and released content modules that function as the DM for you and your friends to play, that would literally revolutionize multiplayer role-playing games and would’ve effectively allow CPR to print money until the end of time. That’s why I think it has a chance of happening, because it’s something consumers want and it’s something they can micro-transaction the gently caress out of.

lol this is never happening

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Xachariah posted:

In the racing quests they went through the effort to develop the tech to display these super useful guiding arrows on the road using your implant eye HUD and then they limited it to this handful of quests. Pretty bizarre decision considering anyone playing for more than a few hours will realise that navigating solely using the minimap at faster speeds can be pretty annoying.

Perhaps HUD GPS was the original plan but it was super buggy and they didn't have time to fix? Or maybe they could only make the racing implementation work because it's static?
I haven't even done the racing quests because if they're anything like the short chase at the beginning of Sinnerman I'm going to ragequit the entire game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I can only speak for myself, but GTA is dogshit game full of unlikeable characters, stories, and attitudes that just make me dislike their writers-- and the GTA multiplayer was the polar opposite of what I'd ever want from that type of game or a part time job.

I'd pay to play the existing Cyberpunk game with my buddy online, though, and there wouldn't be much for us to do besides stomp already trivial fights together but this is a cool and fun city and it'd be fun to mess around with someone else present.

People cannot stop themselves from imagining further potential for this videogame and city, people will absolutely pay for CP online regardless of how it measures up to rockstar temp agency.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Khanstant posted:

In the tabletop furries are a thing and are considered pretty much haute couture weirdos, and modding yourself to be super weird like that or the whole entirely chromed skin is iirc in the setting kind of cool but weird. You still lose humanity doing those kinds of cosmetic mods, but alien dong psycho I don't think fits real well. Having a psycho fashion designer or model flip the gently caress out could be a really interesting gig.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

marshmallow creep posted:

One thing I'll give Infinity (both the wargame and TTRPG) is that its developers knew people would use the setting's tech to become furries and there's at least two in game factions that are just different flavors of furry.

Also making both historical and mythical figures, but hot and bangable.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

also in 2077 right now is there a way to grapple someone and use them as a human shield if you're not in sneak?

There is a stealth perk that claims to allow this for quick melee while holding a weapon.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

In the tabletop furries are a thing and are considered pretty much haute couture weirdos, and modding yourself to be super weird like that or the whole entirely chromed skin is iirc in the setting kind of cool but weird. You still lose humanity doing those kinds of cosmetic mods, but alien dong psycho I don't think fits real well. Having a psycho fashion designer or model flip the gently caress out could be a really interesting gig.

I remember reading a shard where an Animals ganger either implies or straight up says they splice themselves up with non-human genes, so that kind of really crazy modification is happening in the setting if not in what's actually presented to you.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Xachariah posted:

A fully 3D modular tabletop campaign creator/editor allowing you to use AAA textures/assets/lighting would be really cool no matter what the setting is! I'd love to play a traditional tabletop campaign but in a virtual MMO sandbox world. Like the GM could switch between NPCs and role play their dialogue or actions, and would have tools to edit stuff based on player actions outside of outcomes they already established in a quest editor.

Yeah, and if you were GMing you would actually want to set up your npcs so the players could do stuff like intimidate with high bod stat or cool or whatever and they could actually pick that option and have it work mechanically if it was done right.

But at the same time it's also like... I'm imagining the V & Panam dropping off cargo in the parking lot, and how you can react to what she's saying in various ways, and how that could be really cumbersome and hard to do if it's 2.5 players instead of one. The npcs who want that package are somewhat played by the gm, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

I haven't even done the racing quests because if they're anything like the short chase at the beginning of Sinnerman I'm going to ragequit the entire game.

I beat em all first try, with Claire's lovely truck, without the vehicle fix file. Really I think the only way to lose the races is to gently caress up at the very very end. Otherwise, the game's weird rubberbanding ensures the cars never actually get very far in front of you, if they do, they clump up and slowdown to stay within your range. Sometimes they can get ahead enough to get warped behind you. This also means you can never get very far ahead of them, get far enough and they just continually get respawned behind you close enough to stay in memory I guess. Many races have a choke point near the end, so even if you mess up and are behind all race, these idiot AIs will all get stuck in a tunnel or piled up on eachother and you can breeze past.

That said, it still loving sucked to drive that car and by far it was the most tense and sweaty-palms of any segment in the game. The punishment of having to repeat the races was the only real stakes in the game.

Of course, you don't actually even need to win the races. It's easy to, but the quests only require that you don't die on the way to the end lol.