Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
What should I be doing with my 50+ Fragil Resin? I haven't really been using them but I am lacking character ascension material (I am working on getting my main "team" and a few others to at least the 4th ascension to get the final talent) and figured it would be a good use to burn them killing bosses (Working on Chidle's 4th along with Bennett , Fishc and Beido) Ning and Diluc are already level 70. I also need to farm artifacts and can use them that way as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Save them until AR45 for Artifact domains. I have 49 left at AR51 (would probably have 80 or so if I never spent any) and I like having them around in case I really want to burn one for some reason. At AR55 your supply of fragiles is shut off forever (for now) so be careful with them.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Do you get fragile resin for anything aside from leveling AR up or the cash shop?

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
i burnt my 40+ fragiles immediately at AR45 on artifact domains. Anymore I get from adventure rank I'm going to hold onto for a rainy day.

making sure you get your characters in at least decent artifact sets is super important

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iirc a couple quests have handed them out

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Archonex posted:

Do you get fragile resin for anything aside from leveling AR up or the cash shop?

one on your birthday!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

dogsicle posted:

iirc a couple quests have handed them out
I think we got one from the Fischl event. I don't think they're great design because they encourage hoarding (I'd probably have had more fun if they expired after a week). I don't expect to get many more.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Dom is Here posted:

one on your birthday!

drat, I burned way more resin than I thought then.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I broke my controller playing this game. Not out of violence, just out of putting some fuckin miles on it, I think. Do any of y'all have opinions about good (or terrible) controllers to use with this game? My xbox 360 controller was pretty good except for the D-Pad occasionally not giving me the hero I wanted.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fur20 posted:

imo jean's ult should pulse damage and swirl on everything in the ring instead of just at the edge, it's not like it's a big damage hit or anything you know? but it would make her ult like an actual 5* ult at least rather than the heal-plus-wet-fart it is right now.

At level 70 talent 7 it heals everyone in the party over 10,000 and ticks for like 1300 hp, cleanses party members, and does 600 something percent burst damage. It's not so bad.

I have C1 Jean and I can't remember how sucky her E was before it, but can recommend C1 sucking very well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jean's ult is amazing. Like compare her to any healer that isn't Bennett (who is very very broken), she actually behaves like a functional unit while healing you to full every 20 seconds. And she gets Venerer!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my biggest problem with it is that the vertical range is terrible, so even though it does do 600% burst it misses a lot. don't expect to hit anything on an incline of greater than 20*. my second biggest problem with it is that it does such huge healing, her built in, unchangeable ascension stat is just wasted overflow. i have no use for +25% on top of a 15k heal, i barely even have that much hp!

a distant third is that its i-frames expire before the actual hit goes off, which is :raise:

i've finally mastered the skill shot of placing the edge of her ult on mages to do a constant swirl, but this has shown me how amazing the skill could be if it hit that many times and procced swirl continuously like venti's ult.

No Wave posted:

Like compare her to any healer that isn't Bennett (who is very very broken)

this is kind of my problem, i just got c1 bennet and jean has evolved into :geno:

e: i know veneer is apparently really good but because i'm getting hosed on the rng on 5* artis i'm still stuck gearing my main dps, i can't spare the stamina to upgrade jean's acceptably average gladiator set

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 28, 2020

Selane
May 19, 2006

please don't use Venti as a benchmark for the way things should work

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think I mentioned this before and forget if anyone answered, but is there a way to disable the burst cutscenes for 5*s? I'm often disoriented by them and will sometimes exit the cutscene to some enemy hitting me. I don't know what the conditions are for it not showing the cutscene (which happens sometimes and is always kind of a relief because it makes it much easier to keep track of what's going on).

Tsyni posted:

I have C1 Jean and I can't remember how sucky her E was before it, but can recommend C1 sucking very well.

Same, Jean is my only C1 5* and I forget how her E worked before it. I imagine it was probably pretty inconvenient sucking in anyone who wasn't really close to you before.

No Wave posted:

Jean's ult is amazing. Like compare her to any healer that isn't Bennett (who is very very broken), she actually behaves like a functional unit while healing you to full every 20 seconds. And she gets Venerer!

Her ult is much better at healing than Bennet's, which can't top you off and requires that you switch to the character you want to heal and leave them out for a few seconds.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fur20 posted:

this is kind of my problem, i just got c1 bennet and jean has evolved into :geno:

e: i know veneer is apparently really good but because i'm getting hosed on the rng on 5* artis i'm still stuck gearing my main dps, i can't spare the stamina to upgrade jean's acceptably average gladiator set
Venerer is a third of her utility. And you need two healers for abyss so there's no need for them to compete. I do think Bennett is the stronger unit (the only character that competes with Bennett in power level is imo Venti) but being the second best healer in the game (with a large gap between her and non-C6 Diona) still makes her irreplaceable.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 28, 2020

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jean is better than bennett specifically because shes anemo, but if she was any other element she would be pretty bad in comparison to bennett. i think venti was supposed to have anti-synergy with melee units to balance him out but they kinda missed the mark on that and made him far too powerful a unit in addition to being anemo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but i've been messing around with Keqing who I got from the banner and got her up to 60, and 6~7 in skills and even with festering desire in the snowland it's been way faster just to use Diluc to kill stuff. Seems off considering how buffed up that weapon is there lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You need an electro goblet and to E -> E on cooldown for her damage to work, ideally charge attacking a lot (phys build exists but demands Aquila Favonia or Prototype Rancour to be worthwhile). But otherwise Diluc is just a bit stronger in general (even before factoring in pyro > electro) especially in the cryo area.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 29, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Radical posted:

jean is better than bennett specifically because shes anemo, but if she was any other element she would be pretty bad in comparison to bennett. i think venti was supposed to have anti-synergy with melee units to balance him out but they kinda missed the mark on that and made him far too powerful a unit in addition to being anemo.
I do enjoy using Jean's E a whole lot more than Venti's. You can swap out of it a whole lot faster and I don't get spiked by cryo whopperflowers when I use it.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

and for enemies that won't move, E -> Q -> E and then charge attack spam until your E recharges

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

Venerer is a third of her utility. And you need two healers for abyss so there's no need for them to compete. I do think Bennett is the stronger unit (the only character that competes with Bennett in power level is imo Venti) but being the second best healer in the game (with a large gap between her and non-C6 Diona) still makes her irreplaceable.

I guess. She just feels so lukewarm compared to my other 5*s, and every other 5* I've seen in action. Partied with c5 Diona to stack superconduct on my c2 Klee's bombs for Keqing to do insane damage, it feels like i'm only keeping Jean around to run fast. For me right now it ultimately comes down to a problem of synergy, because i -want- the elemental reactions but all i end up doing is swirling the effects off. It would be nice if anemo just swirled and left the effect on universally, don't make it a limited thing just for Venti. Something come on!

And actually, that's part of the problem with using her on my abyss teams, too... Diona/Klee/Keqing is my killer combo, and they don't need a healer. Usually I bring Xing for free electro and freeze reactions :v: That leaves the other team to Bennet. Due to the way I've pulled, Jean's become outdated and that's a real bummer for any 5* unit, especially one you've gotten c1 on.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 29, 2020

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Jean's main strength and ultimately her biggest weakness is that she's a jack of all trades. She can be good at any role you want to slot her into, but not great, and when you start hitting the late game content like the abyss she ends up sliding down the rankings quickly over people who excel in a specific role

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't have time or care to sit around with that fall damage bs so Jean's E is mostly an annoying thing that pushes small enemies away but i have to do it for energy gen, and will even moreso have to do it if i run VV on her. of course not using VV feels like rear end so i guess i'm locked into all this when using her.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have no idea why anyone likes Bennett. Heals should heal not make you try not to die in a tiny circle and only put you at half health.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fur20 posted:

Partied with c5 Diona to stack superconduct on my c2 Klee's bombs for Keqing to do insane damage,
I'm not sure what you think is happening is happening here. Or I'm completely misunderstanding some interaction.

Mr Snips posted:

Jean's main strength and ultimately her biggest weakness is that she's a jack of all trades. She can be good at any role you want to slot her into, but not great, and when you start hitting the late game content like the abyss she ends up sliding down the rankings quickly over people who excel in a specific role
I disagree. She's a healer that increases your DPS (via Venerer, her ult, and her E giving your team orbs) which is exactly what you want a healer to do.

kater posted:

I have no idea why anyone likes Bennett. Heals should heal not make you try not to die in a tiny circle and only put you at half health.
It puts you closer to 80% than 70% most of the time. The circle is also rather large... by comparison the abyss buffs from a while back were a painfully small circle.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 29, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure what you think is happening is happening here. Or I'm completely misunderstanding some interaction.

iirc superconduct stacks with any other form of defense down, and c2 Klee's mines reduce enemy resistances by an additional 23%

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Superconduct only reduces physical defense, so it wouldn't work with Klee or an electrified Keqing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jean + Venti is one my preferred overworld comps. Double anemo for the run speed, ventis E for vertical mobility, his succ and both of their strong energy regeneration for back to back qs. This last branch of the event was a cakewalk with both of them specially when the game spawned high HP mobs near the river. Oh whats that venti is sucking up all the trash and murdering them while jean punts the only high hp one into the river? Yes please.

Honestly I'd take jean over any healer right now except for benett on ice centric melt comps.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh, what a waste. That doesn't change Jean's position as odd man out, and I'll still get the odd 20k+ melt.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Keqing always looks super rad but I haven't had the luck to pull her yet. Still salty at that C1 Diluc on Zhongli's banner. He's great and my best damage dealer but I don't have to like it!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fur20 posted:

Oh, what a waste. That doesn't change Jean's position as odd man out, and I'll still get the odd 20k+ melt.
Not to labor the point, but Viridescent Venerer on Jean will do exactly what you wanted superconduct to do.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

Not to labor the point, but Viridescent Venerer on Jean will do exactly what you wanted superconduct to do.

Well, no, it's good that you say this because if it does that kind of thing then it'd make her usable again. I've misread it as, "lowers resistance to swirl effects for x seconds" (as in subsequent swirls off Jean, which are not really that frequent).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Why anyone would waste time arguing about Bennet v Jean when they're both great do you want swirl or pyro it's not a big deal

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fur20 posted:

Well, no, it's good that you say this because if it does that kind of thing then it'd make her usable again. I've misread it as, "lowers resistance to swirl effects for x seconds" (as in subsequent swirls off Jean, which are not really that frequent).
It lowers resistance towards the element that gets swirled - so if an enemy has an electro status and you Jean E to swirl the electro element, they'll have their resistance to electro lowered by 40%. Not very useful against slimes, but pretty easy to get a lot of value out of otherwise.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mr Snips posted:

idk, i feel like the carry side of her is pretty weak and definitely compares unfavorably to other carries, while her healing/support is excellent and blows the non-Bennett healers out completely. so it's only if you're approaching her from certain angles that she should end up underwhelming, while a comparison of like Jean v Qiqi is so unfairly in Jean's favor it's not funny.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
"Has VV", "can do physics damage", and "can heal" are all pretty critical parts of your kit once you're at abyss 12, so being able to stack all 3 into one unit is great because it frees up the rest of your team to be whatever you want. Even just looking at heals, going from Jean to anyone else, including Bennett, feels like a huge step down.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but i've been messing around with Keqing who I got from the banner and got her up to 60, and 6~7 in skills and even with festering desire in the snowland it's been way faster just to use Diluc to kill stuff. Seems off considering how buffed up that weapon is there lol.

Even with the event buff, Diluc will probably have more DPS since he is a claymore Pyro user; Pyro will just have a nice melt reaction with some of the enemies there which is a nice multiplier for Pyro DPS along with being able to crit with melt damage (electro reactions cannot crit), but comparing one unit to another is more than just that in Genshin. Your team needs to support your Diluc/Keqing in order to maximize the damage for either. Nonetheless, Pyro is the main reason why CN players rate Diluc/Klee highly and rate Keqing lowly among the 5* units.

Mr Snips posted:

There are two reasons to keep using Jean in Abyss:

1. She can cleanse the away elemental debuffs from your party.
2. She synergizes well with Venti if you want to cheese various enemies that can be carried by the wind.

Jean's utility and flexibility makes her pretty valuable for the abyss and various teams and domains.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

I think 34.5 physical dmg% is better than 27.6% atk on those two characters, especially Xinyan whose ascension stat is ATK%. Razor it's probably pretty close between the two given Aminus' better passive.

In the literal best case sim it's 3 percent better on razor (full cryo uptime, every icicle hits) but it loses to animus in almost every other for razor at least.

At a certain point weapon substats between the good ones matter a whole lot less due to the general ratioing between them

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Do you have a link? I'm curious about the methodology.

Razor's a special case because he deals electro as well as physical and has a ton of phys% dmg from his ascension + phys goblets give a higher percent than normal dmg goblets would. So ATK ends up quite a bit better on him than most other units compared to their elemental stat. I don't think it's a question of substats becoming unimportant, it's a question of phys being very similar to atk in value for Razor. (especially as they're both 44 base ATK weapons)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Do you have a link? I'm curious about the methodology.

Razor's a special case because he deals electro as well as physical and has a ton of phys% dmg from his ascension + phys goblets give a higher percent than normal dmg goblets would. So ATK ends up quite a bit better on him than most other units compared to their elemental stat. I don't think it's a question of substats becoming unimportant, it's a question of phys being very similar to atk in value for Razor. (especially as they're both 44 base ATK weapons)

https://www.reddit.com/r/RazorMains...tm_source=share

Recalculations have occured since I last looked but it's still marginal gains, especially as with razor you'll be hard pressed to get the cryo to stay for when it procs.

Xinyan I dunno.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 29, 2020