Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I am not a professional computer anything so take this all with a grain of salt. I remember people in this thread complaining when MSFS first launched that something in the DX11 pipeline is single threaded, so no matter what else the game is doing that is usually the bottleneck until you crank the graphics settings up high enough your GPU becomes the constraint. I expect that's why we're all sitting looking at the FPS limit being main thread.

*E*

Quote for the new page:

londonmoose posted:

5700xt owner here. Just started getting random crashes in MSFS when it’d actually been running really stable previously, so now I get to try and work out if it’s the latest MSFS update or the most recent drivers update that’s causing it (or both!). I’ve been reasonably happy with the card performance wise when it works (not trying to do any VR stuff though) but it’s always fun trying to second guess whether to update drivers or not, so the struggle is definitely real.

Do you happen to be running littlenavnap, or something else that hooks into SimConnect? There's a bunch of posts on the FS forums about it causing crashes with the latest update, the fix for me was turning off all the 'Fetch AI' options in navmap's sim connection menu.

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Despite 2020 doing it's best to screw me I'm back up and running on a (mostly) new PC. Has the computer stopped wanting to kill you or is everything still kinda janky?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Mailer posted:

Despite 2020 doing it's best to screw me I'm back up and running on a (mostly) new PC. Has the computer stopped wanting to kill you or is everything still kinda janky?

It happens very rarely now that the computer tries to kill me. I think that only happens after unlikely chains of events, along the lines of putting autopilot on, giving excessive manual input, then slewing the plane around in debug mode. During "normal" operation the worst thing that happens is that the plane wants to return to the last waypoint when activating an approach or something similar that is easily corrected.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I did manage to get 40 minutes of flight in in-between driver crashes. The VR experience was very cool. The game automatically set my settings to a mix of medium and low. I upped the render scale to 100% and tweaked a couple other settings lower, and it ran semi-smoothly. I have little experience with VR so I don't really know how to describe how it performed well. I also don't know how to view performance metrics while in VR. All I can say was that looking around felt jittery. The scrolling scenery when compared directly against the static cockpit also felt jittery. But when focusing on just the scenery itself, it felt smooth. I wonder if there was any frame smoothing happening or if that's just how eyes work, like they were able to adapt to the lower frame rate or something. This was all on a 5700XT with an i5-8400.

Once I got used to the performance weirdness, it was a really fascinating experience. I think this goes beyond a neat gimmick, this definitely feels like a valid primary way to play flight sims... when it works. I think ideally, for VR to become something I tell everyone is the only way they should fly, they need just a little more clarity and FoV than the current top-end HMDs offer (the Reverb G2 is rather good but not 100% there yet), and the experience of actually using it needs to be more seamless.

I should try out some combat flight sims next. What's the IL2 one everyone says has good VR?

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 26, 2020

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I did manage to get 40 minutes of flight in in-between driver crashes. The VR experience was very cool. The game automatically set my settings to a mix of medium and low. I upped the render scale to 100% and tweaked a couple other settings lower, and it ran semi-smoothly. I have little experience with VR so I don't really know how to describe how it performed well. I also don't know how to view performance metrics while in VR. All I can say was that looking around felt jittery. The scrolling scenery when compared directly against the static cockpit also felt jittery. But when focusing on just the scenery itself, it felt smooth. I wonder if there was any frame smoothing happening or if that's just how eyes work, like they were able to adapt to the lower frame rate or something. This was all on a 5700XT with an i5-8400.

Once I got used to the performance weirdness, it was a really fascinating experience. I think this goes beyond a neat gimmick, this definitely feels like a valid primary way to play flight sims... when it works. I should try out some combat flight sims next. What's the IL2 one everyone says has good VR?

While SteamVR has some basic performance tools you can enable, it's worth 4 bucks to buy fpsVR, as it's much tidier.

Yes, you definitely had frame smoothing going on. If the framerate drops below your headsets refresh rate, then your headset will cap the framerate to half the refresh rate and use smoothing to make everything appear okay, though you'll see artifacts here and there, especially if you turn your head quickly or some object moves quickly on screen. If the framerate drops below half the refresh rate, then everything will get jittery and lovely, so ideally you want to keep the framerate at, say, at least 45fps on a headset with a 90hz refresh rate.

For a title like this, constant framerate smoothing is serviceable. For something like Star Wars Squadrons, you want to keep the framerate high enough to avoid smoothing (i.e. comfortably above the refresh rate), because all the quick movement and poo poo flying around the screen will make artifacts during framerate smoothing.

The IL-2 Great Battles series has good VR support. On Steam, you have to buy Battle of Stalingrad as base game, then additional modules as DLC. On the dev's website, you can buy and run any module without getting Stalingrad first. Battle of Bodenplatte is my favorite, because I am a P-38 junkie, but get whichever module has planes you like.

Shine fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 26, 2020

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Shine posted:

The IL-2 Great Battles series has good VR support. On Steam, you have to buy Battle of Stalingrad as base game, then additional modules as DLC. On the dev's website, you can buy and run any module without getting Stalingrad first. Battle of Bodenplatte is my favorite, because I am a P-38 junkie, but get whichever module has planes you like.
Beat me to it. Just to reiterate though, IL-2 Great Battles is kinda weird in that you buy it in chunks, each focusing on a different major air battle, but you have to buy Stalingrad first if you get it on Steam. Otherwise you can buy whatever you want.

Stalingrad is good though and has a lot of iconic WWII planes like the Stuka or the namesake plane. You can see the list of planes that come in each version here.

Moscow has earlier war planes and is my least favorite.

Kuban has mid-late war eastern front planes and has the best map IMO, with lots of mountains and beaches, plus anti-shipping missions.

Bodenplatte is the newest and first Western Front game. It has the a lot of the most iconic late war high performance planes like the P-51D, Spitfire Mk IX, Tempest, 109 Kurfurst, and even the ME262 (which is fun but easy to break).

Though I don't play Moscow much, it is really fun to see the evolution of the fighter lines. I never appreciated how much planes evolved over the course of the war until I flew missions in a 109 E-7 and then a 109 K-4. It feels like going from a Cessna to a rocket ship.

You can pre-order the Battle of Normandy, which is what they're working on right now, but don't bother. There are only two planes available from it and both have later-war versions available in Bodenplatte.

There's also a lot of planes available a-la-carte for DLC, some marked way down. I really like the P-38 and the FW190 D-9, but there are some really unique options.

Also, there's Flying Circus Vol 1 (with Vol 2 just announced a few days ago), which is WWI planes, if that's your jam. It also has VR support. You can even fight WWI planes you own against WWII planes if you desire.

Finally, tank crew has VR support also. If tanks are your thing. I'm not really a fan of the tank module though. The engine doesn't model infantry hardly at all, which are a tank's main target, so the battlefield feels a little empty.

Anyways let us know what you end up getting and what you think! VR is so good for flight sims.

londonmoose
Mar 22, 2011

jammyozzy posted:

Do you happen to be running littlenavnap, or something else that hooks into SimConnect? There's a bunch of posts on the FS forums about it causing crashes with the latest update, the fix for me was turning off all the 'Fetch AI' options in navmap's sim connection menu.

Thanks for the heads up, yeah I usually run quite a few apps on the side: OnAir, Navmap, Navigraph, and Pilot2Atc. All use SimConnect so I’ll calm down for a bit and not run as many for a while and see what that does: I’ll try the navmap settings you’ve suggested too, thanks!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Trillhouse posted:

Beat me to it. Just to reiterate though, IL-2 Great Battles is kinda weird in that you buy it in chunks, each focusing on a different major air battle, but you have to buy Stalingrad first if you get it on Steam. Otherwise you can buy whatever you want.

Stalingrad is good though and has a lot of iconic WWII planes like the Stuka or the namesake plane. You can see the list of planes that come in each version here.

Moscow has earlier war planes and is my least favorite.

Kuban has mid-late war eastern front planes and has the best map IMO, with lots of mountains and beaches, plus anti-shipping missions.

Bodenplatte is the newest and first Western Front game. It has the a lot of the most iconic late war high performance planes like the P-51D, Spitfire Mk IX, Tempest, 109 Kurfurst, and even the ME262 (which is fun but easy to break).

Though I don't play Moscow much, it is really fun to see the evolution of the fighter lines. I never appreciated how much planes evolved over the course of the war until I flew missions in a 109 E-7 and then a 109 K-4. It feels like going from a Cessna to a rocket ship.

You can pre-order the Battle of Normandy, which is what they're working on right now, but don't bother. There are only two planes available from it and both have later-war versions available in Bodenplatte.

There's also a lot of planes available a-la-carte for DLC, some marked way down. I really like the P-38 and the FW190 D-9, but there are some really unique options.

Also, there's Flying Circus Vol 1 (with Vol 2 just announced a few days ago), which is WWI planes, if that's your jam. It also has VR support. You can even fight WWI planes you own against WWII planes if you desire.

Finally, tank crew has VR support also. If tanks are your thing. I'm not really a fan of the tank module though. The engine doesn't model infantry hardly at all, which are a tank's main target, so the battlefield feels a little empty.

Anyways let us know what you end up getting and what you think! VR is so good for flight sims.

I'm seconding this summary and want to add a bit. BoS and Kuban have the greatest maps, and Kuban is the best expansion overall imo. Bodenplatte and Moscow add some interesting planes, with the ME262 being the most notable one. Map-wise, I don't like the Moscow map that much as much of it is unrecognizable in winter and Western Europe is a bit more relatable to me (it covers Germany and Benelux, and I've been to some places depicted there, that's neat).

Speaking of DLC, also take a look at the scripted campaigns and perhaps collector planes, if you aren't buying one of the 'deluxe' editions that come with them. Some of them are really good additions, like the FW190-A3 (more nimble and easy-going than later versions), La-5, P38 in particular. Right now I see two in the Steam Store, Blazing Steppe and Ice Ring. However, there are a bunch more, and some good community-generated ones. Ice Ring, a campaign for the IL2, is just days old, so I don't have any impression of it. Blazing Steppe is really good, it has a fair bit of drama. They are good single player content, definitely better than the career mode that comes with the game. There are also user-generated scripted campaigns. Mind you, I had the impression that these leaned a bit more on the 'realism/historical accuracy' aspect, but maybe you like that sort of thing.

So to summarize, get BoS and Kuban. Get Bodenplatte if you like the planes or the theater, or want to play that scenario in multiplayer. Get Moscow if you still got money to spend, but alternatively consider getting some extra planes or single-player campaigns.

Since I don't see it mentioned, they're selling the DLC at a 75% discount, so go wild.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

GutBomb posted:

I think I’m gonna go ahead and trust literal rocket scientists over some goon and say if they are using it it’s probably alright.

its worth noting that its well flight-proven that the Dragon can fly itself/be commanded from ground and basically doesn't need human intervention; the displays are more there on the Crew variant to provide telem internally to the crew. Now, emergency systems and overrides being written in Chromium/Java is very funny and makes the hair on my neck stand on end, but SpaceX has proven so far that they can effectively program redundant systems without a net with commodity hardware. Fingers crossed that track record continues.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As dumb as it is to have web browsers displaying info on a space ship, nothing mission critical happens on those screens or with those controls. And any really important controls are duplicated as physical buttons below the screens. They can interact with the ship on them, but it's basically an automatically controlled box that brings humans from Earth to the ISS. If the potential lunar landing craft SpaceX is making is controlled entirely with screens, I'd be concerned.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'm seconding this summary and want to add a bit. BoS and Kuban have the greatest maps, and Kuban is the best expansion overall imo. Bodenplatte and Moscow add some interesting planes, with the ME262 being the most notable one. Map-wise, I don't like the Moscow map that much as much of it is unrecognizable in winter and Western Europe is a bit more relatable to me (it covers Germany and Benelux, and I've been to some places depicted there, that's neat).

One of the things that really surprised/delighted me about IL-2 is getting a real first-hand experience of the history behind the machines you fly. It's wild flying a soviet I-16 with hand-crank landing gear and an open canopy and imagining how terrifying it would have been to go up against the nazi army with their fancy new 109s.

In contrast to the end of the war, when you get in a P-51D and it has a modern-looking instrument panel that's thoughtfully laid out with a fancy gyro sight vs an ME262 with an ugly dashboard that's looks like it was cobbled together by slave labor (because it was) and has engines that flame out if you throttle up or down too quickly.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Wow. Inlaws managed to find me a t16000 stick/throttle combo. Now I just need to download a... 30GB update. I'm sure this update contains lots of important things. Then just a few hours of settings and bindings and I'm on my way!

Edit: Oh god I forgot how to fly. Oh god what do all the autopilot buttons do. Oh god all the controls are horrible and hidden. Oh god why did the destination I randomly picked have to be an unlit field with no visible runway and a dodge-the-mountain approach. Oh god I'm blind and this is definitely not an airport and I think I hit a cow.

This is like the nightmare where you're taking a test after having no idea on the subject except I'm at 7200 feet and my passengers are screaming.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 27, 2020

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

NeoFly has a new update. Now you don't just put random anonymous crew in your AI planes, you're employing individual pilots. They can fail missions and crash planes supposedly, so insurance is now necessary. There also seems to be significant rebalancing of mission payout.

E: so I've used the new AI pilots. The good news is that they can now also take on missions that were previously for the player only, provided they have the proper rank. The bad news is that in the current version, you have to re-hire the pilots every 24 hours, and assign them to a plane for each and every mission. That is very tedious and I've inquired on the NeoFly discord as to whether that is intended behaviour. If it is, I'm selling off my fleet for a couple of citation longitudes because no way am I going to bother with that for an entire fleet.

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 27, 2020

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So RE the USA update, is anyone noticing weird elevation artifacts? I can only think it's elevation issues.

This is about 20 or so miles west of Bozeman, MT the metropolis of Whitehall (MT41).

Also, for what it's worth, I have yet to have MSFS crash on me at all. 9900K and 1080ti.

Actually, that might be a lie, it may have once shortly after release - but other than that been super stable.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

slidebite posted:

So RE the USA update, is anyone noticing weird elevation artifacts? I can only think it's elevation issues.

This is about 20 or so miles west of Bozeman, MT the metropolis of Whitehall (MT41).

Also, for what it's worth, I have yet to have MSFS crash on me at all. 9900K and 1080ti.

Actually, that might be a lie, it may have once shortly after release - but other than that been super stable.

Yeah, I got that too but I can't remember where I was flying.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I got a big terrain spike like that somewhere near the MT/ID border a couple days ago too. Seems like the update must have introduced a few elevation errors.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

slidebite posted:

Yeah, there seems to be an issue with the latest patch and elevation artifacts.

Related bug thread here

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

JayKay posted:

Yeah, there seems to be an issue with the latest patch and elevation artifacts.

Related bug thread here

Holy poo poo the people on that forum are petulant children. “Literally unplayable” and “asobo ruined my Christmas vacation with this patch” are direct quotes. What a bunch of babies.

Edit: this isn’t a comment on the bug, just the crazy entitled attitude over there. It’s gamefaqs forums from the early 2000s bad.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Has anyone experienced phantom icing since the latest patch? I was cruising through heavy cloud in the Caravan yesterday and noticed I was slowly losing airspeed as if the thing was icing up, but it was 14°C outside and there was no visual icing on the plane. I cranked the anti-ice up anyway but it made no difference, at one point I was struggling to hold 100kts in level flight at ~1800 trq.

The only thing that makes me think of icing is at one point I popped out between two clouds and soon after started accelerating again, with no change to pitch or power. As soon as I hit the second cloud the airspeed started sloooowly ticking down again. I eventually managed to crawl my way up and out of the clouds and performance returned to normal.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

jammyozzy posted:

Has anyone experienced phantom icing since the latest patch? I was cruising through heavy cloud in the Caravan yesterday and noticed I was slowly losing airspeed as if the thing was icing up, but it was 14°C outside and there was no visual icing on the plane. I cranked the anti-ice up anyway but it made no difference, at one point I was struggling to hold 100kts in level flight at ~1800 trq.

The only thing that makes me think of icing is at one point I popped out between two clouds and soon after started accelerating again, with no change to pitch or power. As soon as I hit the second cloud the airspeed started sloooowly ticking down again. I eventually managed to crawl my way up and out of the clouds and performance returned to normal.
I was actually having that problem when I took that artifact screenshot. I did have a little bit of ice forming on the windows but I started falling like a rock....

GutBomb posted:

Holy poo poo the people on that forum are petulant children. “Literally unplayable” and “asobo ruined my Christmas vacation with this patch” are direct quotes. What a bunch of babies.

Edit: this isn’t a comment on the bug, just the crazy entitled attitude over there. It’s gamefaqs forums from the early 2000s bad.
Yeah, no kidding, just browsing that thread the entitled man children are something else. Yeah. Bugs happen, they'll fix it (and break something else in the process) but holy poo poo :negative:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 28, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jammyozzy posted:

No idea if this is what's happening to you, but in real life you can absolutely get carburetor icing when the temperature is above freezing and without any structural ice forming. The rule is that you should be running with carb heat/anti-ice any time it's between 20 and 70 F and you're flying through visible moisture (clouds).

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

No carbs on a PT6 though...

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I wouldn't put it past Asobo to model it as-if it was carbed though. :v:

That's an interesting theory, I wonder if that's what it is. It didn't feel like the usual airframe icing model because it happened so slowly & insidiously in the cloud, and cleared so quickly once I was back out of it. Thinking about it I also ended up with the ITT in the yellow range at a much lower torque than I'd expect.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
They don't model turboprops correctly from what I understand so that might very well have been it.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

GutBomb posted:

It must be nice to be in such a comfortable spot in life where your biggest source of anger is a bug in a video game. Especially given everything else going on this year.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not a turbine expert but I understand that turbines can still get some sort of intake icing. Anywhere you have air compressing and expanding, there's a chance of temperature changes and moisture condensing out of the air and there's your ice.

jammyozzy posted:

I wouldn't put it past Asobo to model it as-if it was carbed though. :v:

Also a distinct possibility.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the icing model though. Flew through a cloud in a 152 and after a while I realized that, despite having no visible ice, my airspeed indicator was dead. Flipped on the pitot heat and 10 seconds later it came back. Neato

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sagebrush posted:

Not a turbine expert but I understand that turbines can still get some sort of intake icing. Anywhere you have air compressing and expanding, there's a chance of temperature changes and moisture condensing out of the air and there's your ice.

You can get inlet lip icing, which is bad because if the inlet sheds any of that ice, half of it is headed for the delicate innards of the rapidly-spinning compressor.

Similarly the 727 has heaters on all of its dorsal antenna (which is very not-normal) to prevent ice formation, since ice on a VHF antenna breaking off and FODing out #2 is bad for the dispatch rate.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

VR in FS2020 is pretty insane. Granted I am getting something awful like 30ms frame times. It doesn’t help that I’m using virtual desktop to stream to a Quest 2. Still on a 2080TI/3700x so I’d hope for a litttle better performance.

Flying over places you know is amazing. Taking off and climbing to 5000ft and then feeling like you’re really up there, and leaning forward to read the dials. It’s incredible. Wish it ran better as I can’t go back to my 4K OLED now.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rockybar posted:

VR in FS2020 is pretty insane. Granted I am getting something awful like 30ms frame times. It doesn’t help that I’m using virtual desktop to stream to a Quest 2. Still on a 2080TI/3700x so I’d hope for a litttle better performance.

Flying over places you know is amazing. Taking off and climbing to 5000ft and then feeling like you’re really up there, and leaning forward to read the dials. It’s incredible. Wish it ran better as I can’t go back to my 4K OLED now.

I have a new nearly untouched Reverb just waiting for my Honeycomb throttle (which has finally shipped) to really slip into VR. Hoping my 1080Ti can power it for awhile. I'm on a list for an EVGA 3080, but, you know.

I hate just reading about the game until I have ~*every piece of my rig*~ but its going to be so sweet once I have both honeycomb bits and pedals and VR. I can't waaaaait.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Rockybar posted:

VR in FS2020 is pretty insane. Granted I am getting something awful like 30ms frame times. It doesnt help that Im using virtual desktop to stream to a Quest 2. Still on a 2080TI/3700x so Id hope for a litttle better performance.

Flying over places you know is amazing. Taking off and climbing to 5000ft and then feeling like youre really up there, and leaning forward to read the dials. Its incredible. Wish it ran better as I cant go back to my 4K OLED now.

U can smoke weed a lot easier when your using your 4k oled. At least that;s how I feel...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

So I find myself looking at picking up a 5120x1440 monitor

Will my 1080ti be able to power it "OK" or would I need something like a 3090 to have a hope?

slidebite fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 29, 2020

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

slidebite posted:

So I find myself looking at picking up a 5120x1440 monitor

Will my 1080ti be able to power it "OK" or would I need something like a 3090 to have a hope?

It should be fine if you're ok with playing at 80% or so scaling with med-high settings

I have a 3060 ti which looks to be about equal in power and I'm playing on a 4k tv with 80%/high settings and it gets the usual 45 fps

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 29, 2020

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Sorry if this has been covered already I just wanted a quick sanity check. I finally got around to installing the VR update and the performance is terrible, like way worse than DCS. Is this more likely a settings issue on my end or about par for the course with what everyone else is getting?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Stringent posted:

Sorry if this has been covered already I just wanted a quick sanity check. I finally got around to installing the VR update and the performance is terrible, like way worse than DCS. Is this more likely a settings issue on my end or about par for the course with what everyone else is getting?

I got trash performance with an 8700K at 4.9, an RTX 3080, and 32GB of RAM on an Index at 80hz and 80% rendering resolution and everything in low. I'll gently caress with settings at some point, but yeah, it's bad out the gate.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Cool, hopefully they can optimize it a bit, what's there looks great.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Shine posted:

I got trash performance with an 8700K at 4.9, an RTX 3080, and 32GB of RAM on an Index at 80hz and 80% rendering resolution and everything in low. I'll gently caress with settings at some point, but yeah, it's bad out the gate.

You should look at updating your drivers or something cause I found the game very playable in vr with 120% scaling and med/high settings. I have a Rift S and a core i5 9600k fwiw.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Fayez Butts posted:

You should look at updating your drivers or something cause I found the game very playable in vr with 120% scaling and med/high settings. I have a Rift S and a core i5 9600k fwiw.

:magemage:

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Shine posted:

That's definitely not normal. I have an almost similar system (only with an i7-9700K and a Rift S) and VR is performing pretty decently at 100% render scale and most settings at medium/high.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
I'm on a G1 Reverb so maybe it's just the non-Oculus systems that aren't running well?

That seems odd since WMR was supposed to be the first system supported out of the gate and Microsoft and all, but vOv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Stringent posted:

I'm on a G1 Reverb so maybe it's just the non-Oculus systems that aren't running well?

That seems odd since WMR was supposed to be the first system supported out of the gate and Microsoft and all, but vOv.

I mean the reverb has twice as many pixels on its screen than the Rift S so it would stand to reason the performance on it is much worse.