Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

History Comes Inside! posted:

His youngest kid is way too young to process it in the same way, unfortunately or perhaps fortunately in some ways outside of the horrible fact they’re going to grow up never really knowing their dad. An 8 year old is going to have a much harder time adjusting than a toddler.

6-10 is probably the worst age range to lose a parent. You are old enough to know what death is and have memories of them, and young enough to know that you're going to go a long time without them. The other kid being 3, he will most likely have only a few memories of his dad. Not to mention, he was on the road a lot, so the kid is probably used to fairly long stretches without him. I've known people who lost parents around that age and they didn't remember them at all even as teenagers.

The whole thing just gets more sad the more you think about it, even now, seeing pictures of him on Twitter, it still doesn't feel like it's real. This hurts a lot more than I think even Eddie's death did, since Eddie at least did make it to the top, Brodie was on the cusp of it after years of being overlooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Seams posted:

Jericho should get fatter imo

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Seams posted:

Jericho should get fatter imo

Put him with Chris Hero as the Fat Chrises.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hero's cardio got better the fatter he was, no way Jericho could keep up

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/1343966529013112837?s=20

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

:vince:

Also, NBA twitter is everything pro wrestling should be- incredibly dramatic, fond of insults that are often shoots, capable of generating memes at a frenzied pace. I hope they get to unleash every week tbh
Did anyone screenshot Jericho's tweet?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, Jericho drunkenly dived into NBA twitter and I missed it?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tbh from what i saw of the jericho trending tweets if it had started with nba fans genuinely being surprised and talking about him it sure turned into people posting the same unflattering pictures of jericho that are all over that wrestling circlejerk subreddit

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Of course NBA fans are shocked to see that a 51 year old in an athletic profession doesn't have the best body. NBA fans have never seen a 51 year old active NBA player.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChrisBTY posted:

Of course NBA fans are shocked to see that a 51 year old in an athletic profession doesn't have the best body. NBA fans have never seen a 51 year old active NBA player.

they need to watch the fumble dimension then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yfZn5iYJE

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
jericho can get as fat as he wants until he botches a lionsault but so far that hasn't happened

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fat NBA players just look like healthy MLB players.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

jericho can get as fat as he wants until he botches a lionsault but so far that hasn't happened

That's my attitude to it. He's an older guy and still looks pretty drat good for someone his age with his drinking. At his age he'd probably have to make some pretty drastic lifestyle changes to slim down. As someone who's in the middle of doing that 15 years younger than him, i can understand not wanting to.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

wrestlers should be fatter in general, imagine all the potential that could be unlocked by wrestlers who have chris hero energy.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Fat NBA players just look like healthy MLB players.

shoutout the knicks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

wrestlers should be fatter in general, imagine all the potential that could be unlocked by wrestlers who have chris hero energy.

It's a body business but it's better when it's full of a bunch of unique bodies and not just the same perfect body builder look.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Not exactly peak performance but the Jeribus still ambles along despite 30 years of miles on it. (Give or take with hiatuses and whatnot).

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Giant guy with a beer gut over medium guy with a six pack every day of the week.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I personally view it as, and enjoy, his gimmick of over the hill bloated alcoholic wannabe rockstar who thinks he's still got it. He's always portrayed a jackass who you're supposed to root against, and it plays well into the storyline of the Inner Circle where he's going to lose control of the group and some of them are going to turn on him at some point.

But yeah, if you haven't seen him in 20 years you're just going to say lol he's fat, and him going on the counterattack about how he's still in great shape is pathetic because he can hardly kick out of pins any more

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jericho just needed an NFL lead in so his dad bod would be compared to NFL dad body legends like Eddie Lacy and Jamarcus Russel

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bet DDP could get him into ridiculous shape.

Go to the accountability crib, fat Jericho.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I bet DDP could get him into ridiculous shape.

Go to the accountability crib, fat Jericho.

He'd have to stop drinking and that ain't happening.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jericho’s one of the endorsers of DDP Yoga and at one time said he had completely subbed it for lifting.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s why he goes to the house, so DDP can slap the bottles out of his hands like he did with Jake and Hall.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That’s why he goes to the house, so DDP can slap the bottles out of his hands like he did with Jake and Hall.

Jericho is functional though, unlike them. He's got enough self control to not drink when he's working or enough to nuke is interpersonal relationships.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Stealth Tiger posted:

him going on the counterattack about how he's still in great shape is pathetic because he can hardly kick out of pins any more

As long as he doesn't resort to the lame-as-gently caress Jeff Jarrett kickout, I'm good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IandrewDiceClay/status/1343977204120694785?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOzNsQyamvk

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

drat, sabu burying a dead guy

E: wait, is Test still dead?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ShamrockKen/status/1344043263116759040

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oldpainless posted:

drat, sabu burying a dead guy

E: wait, is Test still dead?

https://twitter.com/IsTestStillDead/status/980517255220928512

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Someone tell him

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Someone tell him

It's him not knowing how to use Twitter, not knowing he passed, thankfully.

https://twitter.com/shamrockken/status/1344049451711700992?s=21

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ken shamrock's joke about the dead wrestler is much better and less tasteless than the test website and twitter. Very funny guy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't mean to spoil any fun on here. Do everything you want to do and laugh about it, as long as you don't gently caress me over for life

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

lol Sabu going the full Alan Partridge.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol Sabu going the full Alan Partridge.

Needles to.say he had the last laugh

(you know - cause of the drugs)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m trying to figure out how Jim Ross would owe the Sheik $150,000