Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Why the gently caress would anyone make a fake fused plug!? With a fake fuse in it! :psypop:

Plugs are standard parts, fuses cost less than pennies, surely making an improperly wired fake like this is significantly more effort than just following the standard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Big Clive is a liberal.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone make a fake fused plug!? With a fake fuse in it! :psypop:

Plugs are standard parts, fuses cost less than pennies, surely making an improperly wired fake like this is significantly more effort than just following the standard?

Because they can make this fake part for 4p cheaper

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/birdrespecter/status/1342957684333539328?s=21

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Renaissance Robot posted:

The people who made that fake plug also publish lies on the internet.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Only in certain protestant denominations, though looking it up, non‐alcoholic communion juice is more common than I thought.
Huh, interesting. I haven't set foot in a church in three decades so I just kind of assumed. :)

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/theconstructlon/status/1343070242474344448

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Guy Axlerod posted:

I assumed they were trying to catch outsiders from leaving trash at a apartment dumpster. They're trying to catch residents? I haven't lived in an apartment or condo where you couldn't just take your trash out. One place needed a special pickup schedule for appliances, but that was clear since it was a tiny room with a couple wheel bins.

Every time somebody throws away a tv the apartment has to pay somebody to dig it out of the dumpster, drive it to the recycling center, and pay $10 to dispose of it. Similarly they have to pay somebody to deal with the couches and beds, store them, then pay for a scheduled pick-up.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
What utopia are you living in where landlords/management companies are policed on their waste at all, not that they give two shits??

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

held up surprisingly well, given the circumstances

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Crunchy Black posted:

What utopia are you living in where landlords/management companies are policed on their waste at all, not that they give two shits??

Normal places? Before I bought my house, the apartment complex I rented from for years requested you call the office for any large items like furniture or electronics like TVs so they could arrange pickups for those. They didn't charge the residents any extra for it, but I'm sure they considered the $10-$20 it cost them a deal compared to either a) large items being ignored by WM or b) getting assessed a fairly large fee by WM for having electronics mixed into regular trash.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/neighbours_wifi/status/1341157844763226112?s=21

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Streamlining the school to prison pipeline I see.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Crunchy Black posted:

Any non-failed state. And it's not policing, the bin men will just leave that poo poo there.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Any non-failed state. And it's not policing, the bin men will just leave that poo poo there.

My trash company does that too, so it happens even in failed states.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Un-crappy construction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24J0iOnXKI

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
^^^ That channel is great. He's a true craftsman. ^^^

A local home inspection company has a YouTube channel that I follow. Today they posted a collection of their favorite photos of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat_7VTenDo

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

That video is a pro click.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
He's very skilled, it just bugs me when he is chainsawing a beam with no eye pro.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I went to a set of Tampa condos that felt like a folksy version of this horrifying design

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Any non-failed state.

So obviously not the USA then.

Proteus Jones posted:

Normal places? Before I bought my house, the apartment complex I rented from for years requested you call the office for any large items like furniture or electronics like TVs so they could arrange pickups for those. They didn't charge the residents any extra for it, but I'm sure they considered the $10-$20 it cost them a deal compared to either a) large items being ignored by WM or b) getting assessed a fairly large fee by WM for having electronics mixed into regular trash.

Any place I've lived in both in Atlanta and unincorporated Dekalb/Fulton counties never said anything about arranging pickup, they had a compactor on site so they didn't care, if it fits it goes to the landfill.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This has to be a kitchen remodel where they were too cheap/scared to rip up the floor and move the drain lines, right?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That kitchen is too big, but that’s a problem solved by an island, not a cape.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

honestly if this was counter space by oven / stove I wouldn't hate it, a little more extra counter space to for prepwork. But for dishwasher / sink it's super weird.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The placement of that soap dispenser is killing me.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I did the exact same thing in The Sims because teenage me thought it looked cool. My characters kept breaking their hips in that house for some odd reason. :iiam:

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Digging the non-euclidian work triangle.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
gonna get so many Hounds of Tindalos in there

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
I'm thinking that they bought too big of a sink, so it was either an extra deep sink cabinet bumping out the counter, buying the correct size sink, or this, the best, option.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Not Wolverine posted:

I did the exact same thing in The Sims because teenage me thought it looked cool. My characters kept breaking their hips in that house for some odd reason. :iiam:

I was thinking almost the same thing. That cove is going to stub so many pinky toes at night when you need a drink of water.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

FCKGW posted:

This has to be a kitchen remodel where they were too cheap/scared to rip up the floor and move the drain lines, right?

It looks like they wanted to add a dishwasher without sacrificing sink size or ripping out the built in stove. I think they took the old cabinet front and relocated at an angle to make a dishwasher sized hole, then put in a new countertop. Notice the countertop material changes at the dishwasher but all of the cabinets match.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/CheapoCrappy/status/1343916508792168448

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The problem with having a dog for a client is that you keep asking them for feedback but all they say is

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wanna go sledding down that roof.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I don’t think it can be a former church, but it reminds me of church conversions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Should have gone completely over the top and built a pyramid house, that would rock so bad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

hmm

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

There's a Realtor listing in the twitter replies. The house gets even weirder

This must be an addition or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
It might be a passive solar house and we’re only seeing the back of it.