Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

Evil Bob posted:

Thinking maybe I'll do some posting this week

toying with the idea at least
Hooray!

Kief Richards posted:

El....dorito?!?!
Ole!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i steal ur cheese and call it 'nacho cheese' or 'nowmy cheese' depending on my mood
No way!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I have a confession to make. Despite my dad's side being Ashkenazim Jews, I have never had a knish.
Oy vey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I dunno, but Keif's rear end won't quit going to it

Papa don't preach

Robot Made of Meat

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Happy holidays to you all, you are all wonderful people!

Hello, welcome, and chat, Rocket Baby Dolls! We're glad you posted!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

I'm at the point of laughing at things that aren't really funny but actually are, kind of

"Once upon a time, concerts used to take place at sporting events in front of live audiences of thousands."

This is very different from my average concert experience, which happen at dive bars for crowds ranging from single digits to 50 some people, if maybe it's a benefit show or something.
Also, hello everyone.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

This is very different from my average concert experience, which happen at dive bars for crowds ranging from single digits to 50 some people, if maybe it's a benefit show or something.
Also, hello everyone.

The article was referring to the Super Bowl halftime show :buddy:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hello from new england byob, hope you managed to make some lemonade from the lemons 2020 gave all of us this year. keep finding something to believe in as long as you're still breathing

:love:

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Luvcow posted:

hello from new england byob, hope you managed to make some lemonade from the lemons 2020 gave all of us this year. keep finding something to believe in as long as you're still breathing

hello to new england byob, from new englang byob. i went outside to put some trash in da garbage can a short while ago and discovered that it is suspiciously warm out. i suspect the nargles

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

barnold posted:

hello to new england byob, from new englang byob. i went outside to put some trash in da garbage can a short while ago and discovered that it is suspiciously warm out. i suspect the nargles

halo fellow mouse av new englander :)

going to be cold tomorrow but for now its a good night to have a few drinks, put on the headphones and get outside to have a smoke and listen to some tunes

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

:love: and heartfelt salutations to you and yours in this fabled land of new england, which we know of mostly through rumor and jokes about "parking your car in the yard"

I am officially calling a mulligan, 2021 will be 2020 as it should have been

ty nesamdoom!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
oh

hello

in reflection, 2020 was a pretty crap year worldwide, but i think things are going okay for me in the specific so i feel kind of ashamed and very embarrassed about it

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

The article was referring to the Super Bowl halftime show :buddy:

Oh, that is not my average concert experience.

aldantefax posted:

oh

hello

in reflection, 2020 was a pretty crap year worldwide, but i think things are going okay for me in the specific so i feel kind of ashamed and very embarrassed about it

Hey friend, take wins where you can get em.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Twenty Four

Just wanting to sign up for ButtCon

more falafel please

forums poster

aldantefax posted:

oh

hello

assuming it wasn't good for you on the backs of other people's suffering, celebrate your wins! you deserve them! if those mean you have the means to help other people (whether that's time/energy/money/etc) I think you'll feel better if you do that. 2020 has been poo poo for me but like financially it's been good, so I've tried to give that back to people who need it

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

Hello hi I'm posting right now and that makes me feel good about the burning hellfire that was this year for me, because byob made it possible to feel better during the worst time ever and that's something nothing and no one else could do for me, so thank you byob and everyone who posts and lurks in it, especially lurkers because you must post anyways

Also I have a very German Bratwurst right now, this is important because there is bread involved, too

Escape From Noise

Hey BYOB, I just ate a bunch of meat, cheese, bread, and olives with a big salad and now I'm pooped

Escape From Noise

I'm so tired for some reason, which is good. I was gonna bake cookies but I can do that tomorrow

Goons Are Gifts

If it wasn't obvious, I'm extremely invested in hearing about SWR cookies

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I heard there's bratwurst on bread and cookies and I came to see what is up

Goons Are Gifts

The bratwurst on bread is no longer on this plane of existence actually, but the cookies hopefully will be soon

Twenty Four

Glutes Are Great posted:

Hello hi I'm posting right now and that makes me feel good about the burning hellfire that was this year for me, because byob made it possible to feel better during the worst time ever and that's something nothing and no one else could do for me, so thank you byob and everyone who posts and lurks in it, especially lurkers because you must post anyways

feels right, agreed!

Escape From Noise

The peanut butter cookie dough is in the fridge. I got lazy. I'll bake them tomorrow afternoon

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Aging cookie dough overnight is actually a really good idea; it lets flavors and textures develop and also chilled dough is easier to work with. Good job!

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Aging cookie dough overnight is actually a really good idea; it lets flavors and textures develop and also chilled dough is easier to work with. Good job!

Thanks! I try. I thought it was best for something like peanut butter cookies because of the forming it into balls, I was just gonna do an hour or two but I got tired. May try to make chocolate chip tomorrow as well

Escape From Noise

Kind of worried about the recipe I used. Seems a bit sticky? We'll see tomorrow

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
G'mungo.

biosterous

byob is shaped like a friend

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so I have posted in yob for many moons but I have a question. what is CCCC/why does it exist/how did it come into existence

there is a big ol' mishmash of threads in there and the threads are very good in fact, but like the Xbox thread for example. there is an Xbox bread in Games so why do we have one in C^4? is it like an even more shitposty version of the Games thread? where did that thread exist before CCCC if it was moved there?

I have many questions, and I am phonepoast on the app otherwise I would read saclopedia I guess but it'd be cool to hear a true OG yobbler perspective too

Escape From Noise

barnold posted:

so I have posted in yob for many moons but I have a question. what is CCCC/why does it exist/how did it come into existence

there is a big ol' mishmash of threads in there and the threads are very good in fact, but like the Xbox thread for example. there is an Xbox bread in Games so why do we have one in C^4? is it like an even more shitposty version of the Games thread? where did that thread exist before CCCC if it was moved there?

I have many questions, and I am phonepoast on the app otherwise I would read saclopedia I guess but it'd be cool to hear a true OG yobbler perspective too

I clicked on CCCC once and hit back ASAP

Goons Are Gifts

barnold posted:

CCCC is the chat thread forum, it's a subforum we have to allow mega threads evolve into fully fledged theme based chat threads. You can talk about a topic, you can just chat with the crew you developed in that topic, or lurk and just read. The threads are entirely on their own and have their own set thread culture, there is no subforum culture at all, the thread have their own thread IKs and a fixed crew usually.
It's like byob in general is, but limited to one thread basically.

It has nothing to do with byob, although we moderate it somewhat, but it's officially the domain of Jeffrey, although I often handle reports there, too. Our IKs have no power there and there is hardly overlap between byob and CCCC.

It's a cool forum though! I like it and I like taking care of it. Feel free to chat in there and join a mega thread chatting crew, it's fun people.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
The CCCC trans thread is really great, a lot of heavy stuff comes up in it, as you might imagine, but a good amount of BYOB energy leaks downwards into CCCC so everybody remains pretty relaxed and nice.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I kinda want to post in Fabgoons but I'm a scared birate.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Kief Richards posted:

I kinda want to post in Fabgoons but I'm a scared birate.

it's fun.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

:justpost:

B33rChiller

How Wonderful! posted:

The CCCC trans thread is really great, a lot of heavy stuff comes up in it, as you might imagine, but a good amount of BYOB energy leaks downwards into CCCC so everybody remains pretty relaxed and nice.

Normally, I would keep my mouth shut, because trans chat is not my area whatsoever, but this being the chat thread and :justpost:, well here we go:

I've been trying to read various iterations of the trans thread, either in cccc or tgrs previously, mostly to try and make sense of a lot of questions and curiosities I have / had (not just trans issues, but when there has been forums turmoil in the past, various tgrs threads have been a nexus for the drama, and I wanted to figure out wtf was happening). But, it became abundantly clear very early in my reading that it is not the place for cishet monolingual anglo whiteboys to really say anything, and the residents of the thread are not there to answer my questions about trans-ness (I don't have an appropriate vocabulary, and this is part of what I'm trying to learn through lurking). A lot of my own incentive to read is to learn about people different from myself, and to gain a different perspective on my own internal thought processes. Trying to slough off the ingrained problematic thinking from my upbringing, and discovering there's a whole lot that I'm oblivious to.

Uh, not sure what to take away from that, other than thanks for the invite, but I don't think it's the thread for everyone.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 29, 2020

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It was more of an invite for people under the trans umbrella, I think.

As an enby I'm actually terrified to talk about being Non-binary anywhere because lol, I still and will probably always present futch.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I bet B33rchiller doesn't even work in a dick sucking factory.
Jk, love you bud

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

It was more of an invite for people under the trans umbrella, I think.

As an enby I'm actually terrified to talk about being Non-binary anywhere because lol, I still and will probably always present futch.

These are the kind of assumptions I'm trying to learn to stop making. sincere thanks. mind me asking what's "futch"?

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I bet B33rchiller doesn't even work in a dick sucking factory.
Jk, love you bud
Nah, solo proprietorship, work-from home artisinal bespoke handjobs

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Papa Was A Video Toaster

B33rChiller posted:

These are the kind of assumptions I'm trying to learn to stop making. sincere thanks. mind me asking what's "futch"?

Nah, solo proprietorship, work-from home artisinal bespoke handjobs

edit: sorry, didn't mean to answer for you, KR. I just love this chart

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

B33rChiller posted:

Embodying both femme and butch qualities without being entirely androgynous. It's a...I don't know. I'm kinda queering the expectations of a Non-binary afab (assigned female at birth) person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

According to this I'm both futch and gotch.