Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Oh, honestly I just meant it more as a general endorsement of CCCC by pointing out what I like about a thread in it, not like, hey everybody, come on in.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Embodying both femme and butch qualities without being entirely androgynous. It's a...I don't know. I'm kinda queering the expectations of a Non-binary afab (assigned female at birth) person.

Sounds pretty awesome

How Wonderful! posted:

Oh, honestly I just meant it more as a general endorsement of CCCC by pointing out what I like about a thread in it, not like, hey everybody, come on in.
right on. on that same token, I wasn't trying to scare anyone off, or really make any kind of statement other than relaying my experience, and rambling a bit. wakin' up and just posting

Anyhoooo, hope y'all have a good day and stay warm and dry

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 29, 2020

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Don't stay warm and dry, GET WET AND COLD AND ROLL AROUND NAKED IN THE SNOW BECOME ONE WITH THE EARTH JOIN US BECOME ONE WITH THE EARTH ALL ONE ALL ONE ALL ONE sorry I was reading the Dr. Bronner's gallon and got a little excited

Manifisto

Kief Richards posted:

Don't stay warm and dry, GET WET AND COLD AND ROLL AROUND NAKED IN THE SNOW BECOME ONE WITH THE EARTH JOIN US BECOME ONE WITH THE EARTH ALL ONE ALL ONE ALL ONE sorry I was reading the Dr. Bronner's gallon and got a little excited

lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Seriously there's twenty gallons of Dr. Bronner's on my desk, I feel very powerful right now. I could cleanse the earth, of negativity! ALL ONE ALL ONE ALL ONE.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also it's really peppermint smelling in here, I hope Joe comes to help clear this out soon.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Kief Richards posted:

Seriously there's twenty gallons of Dr. Bronner's on my desk, I feel very powerful right now. I could cleanse the earth, of negativity! ALL ONE ALL ONE ALL ONE.

im laughing very hard at this and im not sure why

xcheopis

Covid vaccine report: the shingles shot hurt more.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I wish there was a byob version of the tradgames forum, I have come and gone over the years and last time I tried to engage it was just a lotta really angry people that were convinced any opinion that did not outright glowingly accept theirs meant you were the worst person on the planet

I just wanna post like byob posts except in the one tg thread I made that is three pages of me rambling about very large Dungeons

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Covid vaccine report: the shingles shot hurt more.

YAY YOU DID IT

Do you wait 21 or 28 days? Mine is scheduled to be the 28 day gap.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

aldantefax posted:

I wish there was a byob version of the tradgames forum, I have come and gone over the years and last time I tried to engage it was just a lotta really angry people that were convinced any opinion that did not outright glowingly accept theirs meant you were the worst person on the planet

I just wanna post like byob posts except in the one tg thread I made that is three pages of me rambling about very large Dungeons

We should start a tradgames thread in BYOB. I have a lot of dumb questions I need answered about dragons, but also dungeons.

Goons Are Gifts

aldantefax posted:

i would be entirely fine with you making a trad game thread here in byob, with your byob friends tbh
Like, I like TG and post in there myself, too, but if you want to import some fun from there to here that'd probably be exciting!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What if BYOB were a pen and paper game where like you had to post and the goal of the game was posting a lot

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

YAY YOU DID IT

Do you wait 21 or 28 days? Mine is scheduled to be the 28 day gap.

Follow-up shingles in March, the earliest date they had.
Follow-up covid January 26 because Public Health is on the case! (They hosed up implementation but are doing great with logistics)

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Kief Richards posted:

What if BYOB were a pen and paper game where like you had to post and the goal of the game was posting a lot

Can I play by post?

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

aldantefax posted:

I used to work in a shop that sold trad board games and had an encyclopedic knowledge on what each one was about.
Only problem is (apart from the old mb family favourites) I have only ever really played Catan, Camel up and a cool card game called citadels, so I think I would also get laughed out of such thread.

Fake edit. Yeah ok, Carcassonne, bit of d and the old d, and village as well, but I think that's still not enough.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I don't know how to post a new thread from a phone lol but I'll do that later

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I got some new, EXTRA CREAMY hellman's mayo and fresh bread at the store and it is making my sandwich even more excellent than usual.

RickRogers posted:

I used to work in a shop that sold trad board games and had an encyclopedic knowledge on what each one was about.
Only problem is (apart from the old mb family favourites) I have only ever really played Catan, Camel up and a cool card game called citadels, so I think I would also get laughed out of such thread.

Fake edit. Yeah ok, Carcassonne, bit of d and the old d, and village as well, but I think that's still not enough.

I just played camel up recently and it is easy and fun! you germans with your fancy board games. I think I need to learn to play carcassone

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i think bohnanza is one of the most byob games of all time

look at these friggin' beans

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prof. Crocodile

Heather Papps posted:

i think bohnanza is one of the most byob games of all time

look at these friggin' beans

I’m lookin at thos beans

B33rChiller

yah Carcassonne! We play it with our little girl. super pared down rules, with no real scoring, and only now slowly introducing the rule where you can only play your meeple on the tile you just laid. She's finally figured out how to take turns with more than just two players, and is getting good at matching the sides on the tiles. we have the big box set with 5 of the expansions included. Everyone's fav is playing the shepherd, and drawing for sheep I put all the tokens in a little bag, so you reach in and see if you get a sheep or if you get a wolf, yah gotta howl woooooooooooooh!

On the other end of the spectrum, it has a nice thick rule book pamphlet, if you like to do a lot of reading to understand the game before you play your first round. (It's not a big rule book when compared to RPGs, but it is much more substantial than boardgames like candyland)

Great fun for the whole family.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 29, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953143

carc is prettu gpdd

B33rChiller

In an attempt to discern whether this was a simple typo, or had a deeper meaning, I discovered the Guinea Pigs Daily Digest, and thought BYOB should know of it

Dr. Honked posted:

biosterous

RickRogers posted:

citadels is fun but then i discovered both Love Letter and Coup and it turns out the thing i like about citadels is figuring out other people's secret character and making moves based off that, and don't really care much about the building-structures part of it!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I got some new, EXTRA CREAMY hellman's mayo and fresh bread at the store and it is making my sandwich even more excellent than usual.

I just played camel up recently and it is easy and fun! you germans with your fancy board games. I think I need to learn to play carcassone

Carc is pretty good!
There was a slightly clunky mobile version that was ok to learn the rules with, though it sucks not playing with real people.

Finger Prince

My partner has a big birthday coming up in January and normally we would have done an ambitious bucket list trip to celebrate, and well that ain't happening and she's pretty bummed about it. I said she should just stay *9 for another year but she wasn't buying it. I had a friend who stayed *9 for years so I know it can be done though.

How Wonderful!

I love Love Letter so much.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

My partner has a big birthday coming up in January and normally we would have done an ambitious bucket list trip to celebrate, and well that ain't happening and she's pretty bummed about it. I said she should just stay *9 for another year but she wasn't buying it. I had a friend who stayed *9 for years so I know it can be done though.

I've been staying 29 for many years now, I recommend it. Tell her HBD from me and I hope she's going to have a fantastic birthday regardless.

How Wonderful!

Whenever I have a student make a wild guess out of nowhere at what my age is I just tell them they're right and that's my age for the semester. I'm currently a startling 24.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

How Wonderful! posted:

Whenever I have a student make a wild guess out of nowhere at what my age is I just tell them they're right and that's my age for the semester. I'm currently a startling 24.

Lol. What grade do you teach?

beer pal

some how i always happen to be the optimal age, where everyone younger than me is naive and everyone older is jaded

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

How Wonderful!

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Lol. What grade do you teach?

College (albeit probably like 80% freshmen) so I have no idea what they're thinking.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

How Wonderful! posted:

College (albeit probably like 80% freshmen) so I have no idea what they're thinking.

Howling

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

How Wonderful! posted:

i do this to my coworkers too. when they say "it's my birthday today! i'm 23" and I go "wow me too" and thanks to the mysterious dry humour auras which surround me they go, semi-awed and also questioningly, "really???"

Ass-penny

Games are fun and good and I'm shocked how many adults I meet who never strayed from Milton Bradley games and even stopped playing those as teenagers. Sometimes when I introduce a game to someone they are shocked by the fun they have and I'm just across the table like, "yup, games are awesome."

Just saying hi to the YOB before I go to work. Hope y'all are having a good day.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

How Wonderful! posted:

Neither do they.

How Wonderful!

THey're thinkin hard about poems if I have anything to say about it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My friend who is also a professor of English at UCB teaches freshman. She sends her best wishes for you to mold their minds.

Manifisto

How Wonderful! posted:

THey're thinkin hard about poems if I have anything to say about it

you should have one of those ai things write poems in the style of various poets, whip it out in class without telling the students what you did, and ask them to critique it

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a
patient etherized upon a table

Let us go then,

Till man and beast prove,

That they are man’s complement.

For the questions of the Day

Rest with the gods.

---
e:

Complacencies of the peignoir, and late
Coffee and oranges in a sunny chair,
And the green freedom of a cockatoo
Upon a rug
that swings in a breeze,

I have awakened to the horror of the

Pact of the Combahee River,

With a promise to each other never to say

A word of heresy to any one,

And by a pact that was there made

In common intent, with sworn

Hands laid upon this breast that there

Would be no cutting off of heads,

But freedom ever increasing

And the breasts would be as soft

As those of a woman.

What was that dream?

When I awoke I had become convinced that the negroes must be freed.

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 30, 2020

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Kief Richards posted:

My friend who is also a professor of English at UCB teaches freshman. She sends her best wishes for you to mold their minds.

For a second I thought you meant Upright Citizens Brigade and was surprised there were real English classes there.