Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

sassassin posted:

Think this pandemic proves that half would deny that bullets even exist.

Well bullets are a lot more targeted than the virus, it'd be easy to prove that half of the landlords don't exist thanks to that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Thump! posted:

Well bullets are a lot more targeted than the virus, it'd be easy to prove that half of the landlords don't exist thanks to that.

You mean the crisis actors who found a new gig

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The only thing weirder than the reputation SA had when it was hugely popular as a rotten.com style shock site (was that stuff ever big here?) is the reputation it currently has from people on Twitter who think it’s some alt-right hive of furry-hunters in 2020.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Question Mark Mound posted:

The only thing weirder than the reputation SA had when it was hugely popular as a rotten.com style shock site (was that stuff ever big here?) is the reputation it currently has from people on Twitter who think it’s some alt-right hive of furry-hunters in 2020.

To be fair, SA earned and reinforced that reputation many times over in its own history. It was never a shock/gore site like rotten though. The closest it got was posting things like goatse and pain.jpg in certain threads on the forums and that was the exception not the rule

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Splicer posted:

Buying your teenager a somethingawful account and then joining and posting yourself is god tier monkey's paw parenting. In genuine awe here.

There are definitely multiple goon parents that have bought accounts for their kids.

For Better or Worse

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

That was me three years ago. My friend tried to get me to join the forum and I made him swear up and down that it wasn't an edgy gamergate hotspot. Glad I took the plunge.

I have no idea where I got this impression; the reputation was just background knowledge. I think maybe Cards Against Humanity was a contributor.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

:lol:

Do you remember how long Literally a Nazi Furry lasted here?

They weren't kidding with that u/n afaicr

No furry hunts here just laughing at what is funny

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Did the UK try to cover it up as well? China shouldn't be blamed for the virus being discovered there, but it's fair to name it after the Chinese government since they covered it up. That's outright malice. https://www.wired.com/story/inside-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-coverup/

xtal has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Dec 29, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

xtal posted:

Did the UK try to cover it up as well? China shouldn't be blamed for the virus being discovered there, but it's fair to name it after the Chinese government since they covered it up. That's outright malice. https://www.wired.com/story/inside-the-early-days-of-chinas-coronavirus-coverup/

If the Spanish Flu is anything to go by, we name diseases after countries that don't cover it up.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chinese Government Virus

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Naming a disease after a country doesn’t really do anything but like own China who have been pretty cooperative in dealing with the vaccine.

Though if you think the US or UK wouldn’t cover it up I have a bridge to sell you

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Data Graham posted:

Chinese Government Virus

CCPCV

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Props to Scotland for naming it something unique.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

For those not familiar with this map, this is what various countries called syphilis historically. I love how nearly everyone blamed it on their neighbor or their worst enemy, often the same country.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The only people who talk about SA outside of SA are former posters who were banned and now hold obsessive grudges against their former posting enemies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

For those not familiar with this map, this is what various countries called syphilis historically. I love how nearly everyone blamed it on their neighbor or their worst enemy, often the same country.

Except China. Which seemed to agree with the Japanese that is was their fault

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Chinese Government Virus

Jinping virus sounds fair and appropriate. Viruses are often named after their discoverer.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Splicer posted:

Buying your teenager a somethingawful account and then joining and posting yourself is god tier monkey's paw parenting. In genuine awe here.

I joined long after he'd left; mixing the streams would have been weird.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

This place is relatively progressive but the whole unironic "purge the heretic furries" thing lasted longer than it should have.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

They were not, actually. If memory serves from having talked to em several times. But, I could be misremembering as well of course.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

xtal posted:

Now do the US idiot

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Katt posted:

This place is relatively progressive but the whole unironic "purge the heretic furries" thing lasted longer than it should have.
There was, sometime this year I think, a frontpage apology about it. It was remarkably half-hearted and jokey, despite acknowledging actual harm.
Then when some furries were like "yeah, that's not good enough, we don't believe you're being sincere" and the article's author immediately reverted to the same bullshit and proved the furries right.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vib Rib posted:

There was, sometime this year I think, a frontpage apology about it. It was remarkably half-hearted and jokey, despite acknowledging actual harm.
Then when some furries were like "yeah, that's not good enough, we don't believe you're being sincere" and the article's author immediately reverted to the same bullshit and proved the furries right.

Nah, Phiz Kalifa posted an apology on the front page and then Lowtax took it down during one of his tantrums.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

christmas boots posted:

Nah, Phiz Kalifa posted an apology on the front page and then Lowtax took it down during one of his tantrums.
I'm not talking about it being taken down.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Eh, Ok. I don't remember Phiz being lovely about it after the fact, but I do remember Lowtax deleting the text of the article and replacing it while being a huge rear end in a top hat about the whole thing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

does a nazi furry put jews and communists in the concentration camps, or dolphins and scalies instead?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
NAZI [====||================] FURRY

Arivia posted:

jews and communists

NAZI [=================||===] FURRY

Arivia posted:

dolphins and scalies

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

NAZI [====||================] FURRY

NAZI [=================||===] FURRY

oh, so it's more the new third moral option in the mass effect rerelease, got it

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/bidenismypotus/status/1343719769258786818?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Liberal brainrot

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1343593089038954510?s=20

Jesus Christ.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tim Pool should be allowed to hug every single person dying of COVID.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Loss edits are starting to confuse me

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

He should spend a day at a hospital, being surrounded by abject misery, piles and piles of dead bodies, and heartbreaking stories of absolute human misery around every corner. My fiancé works at a COVID hospital, and the loving thing I hear, jesus. Why does he think these people are dancing?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mokotow posted:

He should spend a day at a hospital, being surrounded by abject misery, piles and piles of dead bodies, and heartbreaking stories of absolute human misery around every corner. My fiancé works at a COVID hospital, and the loving thing I hear, jesus. Why does he think these people are dancing?

A nurse was slightly rude to him once, probably.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mokotow posted:

He was personally inconvenienced and the only explanation he can think of for that ever happening is people spitefully hurting him for the sheer joy of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

See, doctors and nurses get paid when people are sick, so more sick people means more pocket money or something I dunno I'm not actually a loving moron