Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Just steal the star trek movies 2-6 uniforms and be done with it, thats straddling a dangerous line between nazis and sky admiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1343961256294813696?s=21

2020 is so weird.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

It literally says "Unofficial" on it, though, what am I missing?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

hobbesmaster posted:

Just steal the star trek movies 2-6 uniforms and be done with it, thats straddling a dangerous line between nazis and sky admiral.

those uniforms were legit

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
bring back those male skirts from those TNG episodes

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress me I totally missed this.

https://twitter.com/haltman/status/1343957611830517762?s=21

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

bring back those male skirts from those Futurama episodes

Not sure if this is an improvement, but Trump as Brannigan is a bit too on the nose.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1343968444916629510?s=21

Oh Mitch you really don’t want to win in Georgia do you.

Honestly Dems should just vote for all of them to gently caress with him.

That commission will accomplish nothing (remember the vote fraud one before) and the money wasted is fine if it gets so much aid out to people in need.

Also it’s hard for me to give a crap about Facebook, Google, etc...and social media companies. And I say this as someone whose done work with them...besides if I’m not mistake a bunch of Dems want it gone for different reasons. You can also reinstate it later on next year with revisions.

That said it may not even be an issue.

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1343970051758710784?s=21

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 29, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1343968444916629510?s=21

Oh Mitch you really don’t want to win in Georgia do you.

Honestly Dems should just vote for all of them to gently caress with him.

That commission will accomplish nothing (remember the vote fraud one before) and the money wasted is fine if it gets so much aid out to people in need.

Also it’s hard for me to give a crap about Facebook, Google, etc...and social media companies. And I say this as someone whose done work with them...besides if I’m not mistake a bunch of Dems want it gone for different reasons. You can also reinstate it later on next year with revisions.

Pretty sure 230 protects more than just social media. P sure its the provision that says if I run a hosting service and you upload a bunch of pirated poo poo to the ftp server you rent from me, I am not liable even tho the content lives on my servers. The implications of that are HUGE.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Can’t the executive meddle the gently caress out of the election commission?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

Pretty sure 230 protects more than just social media. P sure its the provision that says if I run a hosting service and you upload a bunch of pirated poo poo to the ftp server you rent from me, I am not liable even tho the content lives on my servers. The implications of that are HUGE.

It really does need a legitimate reexamination, if for no other reason that technology has drastically changed. Regardless of how Trump and Biden feel about it.

Also like I said it’s just hard to give a poo poo right now.

Regardless

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1343970607654907904?s=21

Platystemon posted:

Can’t the executive meddle the gently caress out of the election commission?

I would assume so. I figure Biden could dunk it or give them some money that is enough to buy some Wendy’s and that’s it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Biden essentially wants section 230 modified/gone because it's a "not our fault!!!" shield to the tech companies' moderation policies. Basically, he thinks that the tech companies aren't moderating the content anywhere near enough, so pulling their "publisher" shield would force the companies to seriously moderate. On top of that, conglomerates like Facebook/Google aren't really just publishers anymore, so the shield doesn't make as much conceptual sense as it did before.

Donnie wants 230 gone because he doesn't get as many Twitter likes as he used to.

But anyways, always be wary about "being able to revise the law in the future". Laws get notoriously sticky once they're fully passed. Lobbyists make a shitton of money keeping those laws as-is for those they benefit. Hell, it was a slog just doing minor tinkering to the Patriot Act.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It really does need a legitimate reexamination, if for no other reason that technology has drastically changed. Regardless of how Trump and Biden feel about it.

Also like I said it’s just hard to give a poo poo right now.

I'm not convinced that attacking the thing that keeps smaller companies from taking on untenable amounts of risk is the right thing to be attacking. Imo the problem is the tech giants, and the anti-monoply laws that are in drastic need of updating.

Maybe if a tech platform hits the level someone might call it a monopoly it automatically becomes a public utility?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Y'all need to get technically with it, like the Brexit framers.

Netscape and Mozilla 4 lyfe!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not sure if this is an improvement, but Trump as Brannigan is a bit too on the nose.

Billy West agrees with you.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry to kill the dream

https://twitter.com/oriana0214/status/1343993437989838849?s=21

Also the Covid bill addressed the Social Security withholding, instead of four months you have 12 months to pay back.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The Hotel Harrington, an iconic low-cost tourist hotel in downtown DC a few blocks from the White House, and the adjacent Harry’s Bar, a bar popular with chuds (and unpopular with their black and brown staff who had to wait on them) which served as the Proud Boy’s Secret Clubhouse will be closed for Trump’s last stand and now the chuds are PISSED.

https://mobile.twitter.com/willsommer/status/1343752428609556483

You love to see it! :sad:

As a local, good. gently caress 'em.

And Harry's has always been a trash/divey spot, but my friend used to end up there all the time and it wasn't the worst bar considering DC has a ton of over priced bars. Especially in Penn Quarter. It was a okay place before Chuds started showing up (not that I've even been to a bar in the last year).

RIP Iron Horse though...gently caress I miss that place.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That just makes me think it definitely was real and when it failed to float they fired up the denial machine.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
And Turtle McFuckface officially blocked the $2,000 provision.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1343975755349417984?s=21

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Handsome Ralph posted:

As a local, good. gently caress 'em.

And Harry's has always been a trash/divey spot, but my friend used to end up there all the time and it wasn't the worst bar considering DC has a ton of over priced bars. Especially in Penn Quarter. It was a okay place before Chuds started showing up (not that I've even been to a bar in the last year).

RIP Iron Horse though...gently caress I miss that place.

Iron Horse was my go-to when in town. That place just had a nice feel for what it was.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Thwomp posted:

And Turtle McFuckface officially blocked the $2,000 provision.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1343975755349417984?s=21

The piece of garbage doesn’t even wear a mask

Performative fucker

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That just makes me think it definitely was real and when it failed to float they fired up the denial machine.

Absolutely, toss your poo poo idea out and then when it gets savaged on social media "nah that wasn't done by us lol we have no idea where it came from"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So does Bernie filibuster the NDAA now or what?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

As a current GA resident, I better be seeing my phone get blown up with GOTV involving mcconnell stopping the 2000$ stimulus.

Otherwise whoever runs GOTV for the democrats is a fuckin' waste of time, and should stop loving texting me. Republicans have been slamming my parents phone with "BACK THE BLUE!!!!" and "A NUCLEAR IRAN IS THE WORST THING!" tripe, and all I've gotten is basically the text version of that political cartoon where it shows democrats going "golly gee wouldn't it be wonderful if you voted for us?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1343998076084748288

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lmao

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The real stimulus payment is the laughs we've had along the way.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I think it passed like 82-17, so anything he does would need support from alot of people who already voted for it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is hilarious both because Donnie has completed his heel turn against the Republicans and also because we're at the point where any reason is a good reason to put out something in which he can continue to assert the election was stolen.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lol:

I can’t tell if he’s putting the fire to Mitch or helping set up the excuse. I don’t think he knows himself.

That said one could interpret it as he wants the votes separately.

Look I just want my extra money and I’ll rationalize some dumb poo poo to make me thing I’ll get it. :v:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Sorta. Bernie and others are blocking an expedited vote on the NDAA override, denying the unanimous consent to schedule an immediate vote. A veto override vote can't be filibustered like other bills, so the longest Bernie can delay the NDAA override vote is to January 1st. The $600->$2K bill can be filibustered indefinitely under the normal rules, since that bill hasn't technically "passed".

Mitch originally said the final NDAA vote would be tomorrow (Wednesday), but looks like Bernie is going to delay it as long as possible until they cut a deal on the $2K vote. My personal guess is that the Republican Senate want that $2K thing killed badly, but are desperate to chuck blame somewhere, so they will tie it to 230/voter fraud bullshit and make Democrats vote that down. That would work in a normal environment, but everyone's already paying attention and won't fall for the "DEMOCRATS BLOCKED $2K" spin that Mitch is attempting.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also that Trump just asked if they had a Death Wish isn’t going to help too. Mitch is probably terrified that Don will tweet just vote on it separately to get the extra money out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Sorta. Bernie and others are blocking an expedited vote on the NDAA override, denying the unanimous consent to schedule an immediate vote. A veto override vote can't be filibustered like other bills, so the longest Bernie can delay the NDAA override vote is to January 1st. The $600->$2K bill can be filibustered indefinitely under the normal rules, since that bill hasn't technically "passed".

Mitch originally said the final NDAA vote would be tomorrow (Wednesday), but looks like Bernie is going to delay it as long as possible until they cut a deal on the $2K vote. My personal guess is that the Republican Senate want that $2K thing killed badly, but are desperate to chuck blame somewhere, so they will tie it to 230/voter fraud bullshit and make Democrats vote that down. That would work in a normal environment, but everyone's already paying attention and won't fall for the "DEMOCRATS BLOCKED $2K" spin that Mitch is attempting.

They're revving up the DEMOCRATS AREN'T LETTING US HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE machine with Loeffler and Perdue in GA. We'll see how well it works out for them because my dad says that people who he knows don't normally pay attention to politics and just pulled the handle for (R) are pretty plugged in now and think that the republicans are full of poo poo. Who knows if that translates into votes for a democrat but :shrug:

If a republican voter is disgusted enough by the republican party to not vote for them, but can't bring themselves to vote for a democrat, that's fine with me. I'd like to have everyone vote but at the same time gently caress Loeffler and Perdue.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 29, 2020

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

facialimpediment posted:

That would work in a normal environment, but everyone's already paying attention and won't fall for the "DEMOCRATS BLOCKED $2K" spin that Mitch is attempting.

Didnt it work during the last government shutdown?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sacrist65 posted:

people are paying more attention this time around

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sacrist65 posted:

Problem is right now that Faux News is still tied into trump, and he's screaming about Senate Republicans saying no to 2k, so every second he's doing that makes it harder for the republicans to make the case that "actually dems bad". The right wing media machine is working against them in this, because it is extremely effective if trump wants to use it to drag senate republicans.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also that Trump just asked if they had a Death Wish isn’t going to help too. Mitch is probably terrified that Don will tweet just vote on it separately to get the extra money out.

Yeah, fuckin love to see it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Trump is an absolute moron, but that $2000 check idea is like one of 3 thoughts occupying his teflon smooth brain right now, and he's not going to let it go until it passes or republicans permanently torpedo it and it gets blasted out to their entire base that they didn't want the american people to have money.

He is quite literally, a useful idiot right now

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sacrist65 posted:

It works every loving time, I think he's high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

Trump is an absolute moron, but that $2000 check idea is like one of 3 thoughts occupying his teflon smooth brain right now, and he's not going to let it go until it passes or republicans permanently torpedo it and it gets blasted out to their entire base that they didn't want the american people to have money.

He is quite literally, a useful idiot right now

Speaking of such things.

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1344022192753881088?s=21

I’m sure this will work just as well as 230 and the commission.