Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

to be fair, a heart piece seems like a perfectly fine reward for an optional challenge? in general this hack seems to follow a fairly reasonable idea of difficulty, where progression tends to have a more casual, forgiving difficulty while trickier platforming/timing/combat challenges are reserved for optional rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Unless I miscounted, on your first time in the Bone Zone you left right after the fourth kill, so you must have killed all of them exactly once each through sheer bad luck.

I have to admit, I do like how neatly the three temples match up to their attributes (even if this particular one looks like a pain). Platforming and bomb-flower juggling for agility, combat for strength, and what looks like weird teleport/alternate-room puzzles for wisdom.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

a cartoon duck posted:

to be fair, a heart piece seems like a perfectly fine reward for an optional challenge? in general this hack seems to follow a fairly reasonable idea of difficulty, where progression tends to have a more casual, forgiving difficulty while trickier platforming/timing/combat challenges are reserved for optional rewards.

If there was clearer signposting about the rooms that lead to progress and what rooms only lead to optional stuff, sure... but this hack's not really doing that, so instead the sensible if painful choice to make sure all paths are exhausted before moving on is done. Heart piece when you were hoping for a key item so you wouldn't just have to trek somewhere else and finish the area later is a kick in the pants that sort of one-ups the ice trap chests on a meta level.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

:vince:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I was expecting you to need Din's Fire to nuke the Bone Zone. This was probably better.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think Stalfos just block Din’s Fire iirc

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I wish to cast myself in the lake and never return instead of going here.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
From skeleton shitheaddery to outright slavery. What a magical stream session that must have been.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

nine-gear crow posted:

From skeleton shitheaddery to outright slavery. What a magical stream session that must have been.

That's definitely one way of putting it.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
It is time.

What time, you ask?

WAR CRIME TIME :getin:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Goron Cave. Also known as THE EDGE.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

So because it was mentioned in the video, here's the hand drawn map that got us to swap over to something digital.

Behold my awful handwriting and questionable decisions on what qualified as "major areas."

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Goron Cave: "Reggae 1" what the gently caress does this mean

I remember bringing up the "Us" thing while proofreading and was just told it was intentional so :shrug:
I never asked about the slavery thing because frankly I was afraid to ask but I think (hope) it's meant to be a dark joke about Link caring more about collecting McGuffins than what's right. Kind of like the jiggy in Banjo-Tooie where you just murder someone

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Yeah the only real explanation for the Goron stuff seems to be that it is just added edge for the sake of either dark humor and/or commentary on Link not really being heroic. Out of all the edgy things this romhack has done so far this is the most genuinely edgy unless something further changes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Black Mage Knight posted:

Link not really being heroic.

Link burned a child alive

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Leal posted:

Link burned a child alive

Come to think of it, I hope Patrick was responsible for the Kokiri in the slaughterhouse, because otherwise somebody else was.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh boy are we going to meet darunia's racist cousin that he doesn't speak to anymore?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Augus posted:

oh boy are we going to meet darunia's racist cousin that he doesn't speak to anymore?

What if this is the racist cousins cave and then you meet the one non-racist Goron elsewhere? "Ugh I'm sorry you had to deal with them, I don't know where they got those ideas"

VVV oh poo poo you're right actually

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 29, 2020

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

What if this is the racist cousins cave and then you meet the one non-racist Goron elsewhere? "Ugh I'm sorry you had to deal with them, I don't know where they got those ideas"

We met him already, he was in town with Mido

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We've been joking a lot about the edge and stuff this game has, but I think this part of the game, as the kids would say, "Ain't it, Chief".

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
This is it boys, this is the one I've been waiting weeks for. :allears:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I don't know about you guys, but I'm over here loving jamming out. :rock:

I refuse to believe those are the actual moblin models.

Edit: I guess it's been about 20 years since I've played OOT, and I think I mostly avoided them--I really don't remember ever seeing them.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 30, 2020

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
They're literally in one place and their entire gimmick is if you see one full frontal for more than a second, it's already too late

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Please watch the video before reading this post. Thank you.

Moblin's Lair: Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack

I told him to change the trumpets! He didn't change them!

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I guess it's appropriate music from their perspective?

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Yeah this has begun to shift from silly edge that just comes off as cartoonish into just becoming uncomfortable edge that makes you side eye the creator.

Hopefully this only lasts for this section and then we can escape into something more silly like a reveal that soylent milk is people.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Goku: Am I the baddie?

Glorious.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.
I felt actual, physical discomfort the entire video.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Falathrim posted:

I felt actual, physical discomfort the entire video.

It was just as bad watching the stream.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
so is this the hack's milkshake duck moment

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum Toast posted:

I guess it's appropriate music from their perspective?

The music is diegetic, the moblins are out here blasting Rage and saying gently caress the system.
The real Goku would never do this poo poo :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This game owns so loving hard lmao

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

so is this the hack's milkshake duck moment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Procrastine posted:

Please watch the video before reading this post. Thank you.

Moblin's Lair: Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack

I told him to change the trumpets! He didn't change them!

I'm glad he didn't change them, they're absolutely hilarious

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

those trumpets, god drat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can we buy the hack author a forums account

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

The music is diegetic, the moblins are out here blasting Rage and saying gently caress the system.
Canon accepted.

Something about this area (the outdoors bits anyway) is giving me Skyward Sword vibes and I'm not sure what.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan approves so hard

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Melaneus posted:

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan approves so hard

About the music, or the sudden reveal of the hack's awful political views?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

nine-gear crow posted:

About the music, or the sudden reveal of the hack's awful political views?

Yes