Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Homora Gaykemi posted:

I've been watching Doom Patrol and I love these idiots but Black Annis grabbing Cliff's crotch to confirm confirm he's for real not a man after he's just torn the flesh off to reveal his robot head is some real cis bullshit right after doing an episode about a sentient genderqueer street

Maybe in the underground you have whatever junk you see your true self as having and if he really did see himself as a man he would have had a robot dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, don't we all really want a robot dick?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

I mean, don't we all really want a robot dick?

Preferably not, no!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JordanKai posted:

Preferably not, no!

It's robotic though, so it also functions as a TV antenna, whisk, and Wii controller.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Rocket penis, never ever forget the rocked penis.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
those Larry scenes in episode 11 :cry: :cry: :cry:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A friend of mine told me he started watching Gifted because he's watched basically every other super hero tv show of the last few yeras and Oh man, I feel bad for him finishing season 1 and going into season 2.

I don't think I've ever seen a show squander is potential faster.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

A friend of mine told me he started watching Gifted because he's watched basically every other super hero tv show of the last few yeras and Oh man, I feel bad for him finishing season 1 and going into season 2.

Yeah, it felt like it could really have had something and then like... the third episode or so.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Gifted s2 suffers from a massive budget cut. All the side characters from s1 are put on a bus and never seen again and the evil organization that has tons of money and support has like 5 people in it. Another really odd thing was how at the end of season 1 half the cast goes off to join the Hellfire Club but then when season 2 starts a new character shows up, kills the leadership of the Hellfire Club and renames it.

Also the antagonist cop character joins a literal hate group and acts surprised when they torture and kill mutants.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, like once they gave us the Cuckoo's i was this was amazing, but then season 2 its just boring scheming and ooops she's playing both sides and we never get any resolution to her big plan. Then the stuff with the dad was silly and god drat just bad. Its funny I wonder if the people making it saw what was going on in the real world and realized that making their Gestapo character join a hate group

Its going to be brutal because they just finished Agents of SHIELD, which they really enjoyed.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

A friend of mine told me he started watching Gifted because he's watched basically every other super hero tv show of the last few years and Oh man, I feel bad for him finishing season 1 and going into season 2.

Even Cloak & Dagger? Because people tend to forget the Hulu ones. Which okay, they're one for three, but it's a good one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yvonmukluk posted:

Even Cloak & Dagger? Because people tend to forget the Hulu ones. Which okay, they're one for three, but it's a good one.

At this point the only ones they haven't watched are Batwoman, Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and Doom Patrol. I suggested they just stop at season 1 and watch Doom Patrol ASAP but they're committed to watching everything during quarantine.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/cwsupermanlois/status/1343980393045905409?s=20

Interesting that the sons seems to be teens now. Thanks Crisis Barry!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/cwsupermanlois/status/1343980393045905409?s=20

Interesting that the sons seems to be teens now. Thanks Crisis Barry!

Could just be a relativity thing, he was born on a different planet where Supes doesn't have powers so he didn't go all Alien chest burster on his mom, may have been raised there for a while and time worked different.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is definitely a Crisis thing because they originally only had one son.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And the kid was a baby in Crisis.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And everything is Barry's fault

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

It is definitely a Crisis thing because they originally only had one son.

They have multiple kids in this? I couldn't make out a ton of details.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

And the kid was a baby in Crisis.

Yeah, but if the planet he was born on rotates faster than earth, something something relativity, teenager.

Not surprised they went with a teenager, young kids are terrible actors and a baby would put a damper on Lois' autonomy, unless he's constantly being babysat by Auntie Kara or something.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I dig the new outfit for CW Superman! Shame we still don't get the undies, though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Skwirl posted:

They have multiple kids in this? I couldn't make out a ton of details.

Yes, Clark's last scene in Crisis is him getting a call from Lois about "the boys" and Clark looking puzzled,

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Yes, Clark's last scene in Crisis is him getting a call from Lois about "the boys" and Clark looking puzzled,

Oh, well, they might not keep that, since it was a throw away line i think written before they were planning on making a Superman show.

Again it was hard for me to make out details but the stuff where he talks about "family" it looked like him, Lois and some teenager.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They have confirmed two sons. Google, guys, c'mon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

They have confirmed two sons. Google, guys, c'mon.

Or I can just ask questions here until someone answers in an exasperated tone.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Or I can just ask questions here until someone answers in an exasperated tone.

Heavy sigh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why does Tiny Clark have a 5 o'clock shadow? Other than 'actors are bad at doing their own makeup'?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gaz-L posted:

Why does Tiny Clark have a 5 o'clock shadow? Other than 'actors are bad at doing their own makeup'?

Tyler Hoechlin is genetically incapable of being clean shaven.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like a stubbly Superman.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaving with heat vision is an art, not a science.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
WandaVision confirmed to run nine episodes, new one-minute TV spot with part of one of the sitcom theme songs:

https://twitter.com/Great_Katzby/status/1346155905671454724

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLf7hB-zSqI

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Doing period appropriate openings for each episode (assuming that's how they've got the episodes structured) would be such a nice bit of flavor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Obviously they added a clip show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Obviously they added a clip show.

...I'm gonna be mad if they don't do this. And I'm not sure if I even want it to be like the Community ones where it's clips from fake episodes that didn't happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I'm really curious how long the TV show framing thing goes on.

Also Beekeeper makes me think, AIM? I doubt it, more likely just something weird, but who knows?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Also Beekeeper makes me think, AIM? I doubt it, more likely just something weird, but who knows?

Nah that's probably the good guys trying to bust in, unless they're going all Truman Show for some reason

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

It had a SWORD logo on the back.

I think Wanda gets brought in by SWORD to investigate something related to the Infnity Stones/Vision, then something happens which causes her to create her own bubble of reality. So then you have SWORD checking it out and sending people in like Monica.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I can certainly see that. They've been able to keep what's going on in Wandavision pretty close to their chest. We have no idea if this is something Wanda did to herself or someone else or something else doing to her.

I love that line from the earlier trailer "am i dead?" "No" "well, you are"

I do want to see live action AIM Beekeepers some day though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm still a little mad Hahn is playing Agatha Harkness instead of being Doc Ock in live action.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp the CW finally made a decision and has announced that they're not going forward with the Green Arrow and the Canaries spin off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Whelp the CW finally made a decision and has announced that they're not going forward with the Green Arrow and the Canaries spin off.

That's lovely I liked those people.