Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Need to do lots of farming for new good boy Albedo. It felt extremely appropriate and blessed that I got him from a freebie orb from a crimson tree rank. Also he was pull #41 from the last 5* so I guess all I had to do was bitch about never getting non-pity 5*s to have Mona and Albedo bless me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

The AA really does nothing, the only relevant thing it buffs is the enemies' death explosions. I still do use charged bow shot sometimes so I'm probably going to level it some day regardless (I have it at 3/4 with talent atm).
If you have C4, you actually want to level it because Riptide Flash damage is governed by the AA talent level and Flash is what will be triggering any time Tartaglia isn't on the field. I mean, it's still lower priority than E and Q because their numbers are nuts and he passively gives himself +1 to it anyway, but it actually helps DPS to raise them all at that point.

Some Numbers posted:

Y'all are crazy, Childe's bow mode is still crazy useful for hitting Ruin Guards and Hunters.

A fully charged shot applies Riptide, hits for over 100% damage and then four more times at 10% of that damage.

I have enjoyed having an archer on my team since the beginning of the game and Childe lets me snipe without devoting an entire slot to a bow character.
:same:

He's good, the bow mode is good, doing 70% of a Fatui Agent's HP before he even starts moving is good, melee isn't everything.

Hazdoc posted:

EM goblet though? I'd go for anemo % just to squeeze more damage out of her swirls but I didn't do the math. I know she gives her EM to other people but idk if its actually more damage than getting some juicy elemental %
Swirl damage is of the element type that was swirled, not Anemo, so going Anemo% goblet won't help the reaction. It will make the Anemo hits stronger, yes, but Sucrose's entire deal is that it really doesn't matter what the Anemo damage is doing, just that she's doing it to trigger Swirls of other elements.

Sucrose doesn't really want anything but EM. It gives her a way to deal damage that doesn't require her to build for ATK or Crit (which she is not good at doing anyway), and the more she has the more she can share with the rest of the party, which will improve overall damage far more than making Sucrose's individual hits stronger. Giving 200 EM to Diluc and Xingqiu is gonna do a hell of a lot more for your reactions.

No Wave posted:

I haven't done the math myself (which is incredibly complicated) but most people seem to build him like everyone else these days. ATK sands, crit hat, elemental goblet. Also you try to pick up 40% ER on substats if not using sacrificial/favonious.
That said, in the case of Venti it's better to just do this and build him as a sub-carry, because he does so much damage with his Anemo that the Swirls are just incidental. You certainly can build him full EM, but you'd be doing about the same or worse for DPS and Venti can't share his EM with the rest of the party. Get him enough Energy support (either ER% or just feed him particles through various means) and after that just amp his damage as much as possible. This is especially true if you happen to have constellations on him, as he has quite a few that lower enemy Anemo Resistance.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Huh, I didn't know that Sucrose preferred EM goblet over Anemo gob. Guess I'll see if I can dig one up for her because I plan on putting her on my Ganyu freeze team.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Fills me with life to see the people who were pissed off at people rolling for zhongli since he wasnt OP now mad that they didnt roll for him themselves lol.

Why? Mihoyo is caving to people who did no due diligence and now are making power creep the standard or else people are going to whine and start law suits to get their way. Are you also happy when parents cave to their children who throw tantrums for candy? The precedent is pushing FOMO harder than ever before which is good for no one except whales and Mihoyo.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ibblebibble posted:

Huh, I didn't know that Sucrose preferred EM goblet over Anemo gob. Guess I'll see if I can dig one up for her because I plan on putting her on my Ganyu freeze team.
I'm using Anemo because EM Goblets, let alone VV EM Goblets, are unicorns. You're very unlikely to even find one, but hold on to it if you ever do.

If you lack EM, Anemo% is a clear second place for that slot. It still totally helps her DPS, but swapping it out for equivalent EM would do more for the party. Really though it doesn't matter that much, as long as her Circlet/Sands are EM.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

moush posted:

Why? Mihoyo is caving to people who did no due diligence and now are making power creep the standard or else people are going to whine and start law suits to get their way. Are you also happy when parents cave to their children who throw tantrums for candy? The precedent is pushing FOMO harder than ever before which is good for no one except whales and Mihoyo.

The original mad people were angry that people were rolling for husbando since it meant mihoyo can release "non optimal characters". So I am happy that those people got owned by those who roll with joy in their hearts for their favs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

moush posted:

I did my due diligence, Zhongli was very cute + a boy

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
with these buffs, the integrity of the entire gacha system has been destabilized. only chaos and ruin await us

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

roll with joy, succumb to mild disappointment, be rewarded with buffs

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm not happy until MHY buffs Zhongli to give me a handy with every ult.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It can't be stated enough how loving furious people were that others were rolling for and enjoying Zhongli during his banner lol.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm not happy until MHY buffs Zhongli to give me a handy with every ult.
Can... they do that...?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Watching far more powerful fujoshi than I whale for C6 because they love him, brought a tear to my eye.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The original mad people were angry that people were rolling for husbando since it meant mihoyo can release "non optimal characters". So I am happy that those people got owned by those who roll with joy in their hearts for their favs.
My understanding is the Zhong situation in China was insane. Both reveal streams since his release was flooded with people saying "buff Zhong Li", people were getting their accounts banned in protest, people were doing this thing called "invoicing" in protest where there's some chinese law where they're required to turn over papers or something. The language involved was crazy, I haven't seen anything like this in years. There was never any tension between people who rolled for Zhong Li and people who didn't.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Okay but when are we getting the Amber buffs? How do we get the CN players mad about Amber?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Nakar posted:

Okay but when are we getting the Amber buffs? How do we get the CN players mad about Amber?

Amber is secretly good, sorry

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
lol what the gently caress is due diligence

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Eh, two EM artifacts (sands and crown) is probably enough EM for Sucrose. The more you have, the less valuable each point is, and with two EM artifacts plus Mappa or Sacrificial you should be 500-600 EM. Adding 187 EM from a third artifact at that point is almost half as efficient as going from 0 to 187. Whereas you could be adding +46.6% Anemo DMG that scales with the levels you put into her talents. Sucrose may be a swirl beast, but she does a lot of damage with her actual talents. Granted, it is fun to see how big you can get reaction damage.

Nakar posted:

Swirl damage is of the element type that was swirled, not Anemo, so going Anemo% goblet won't help the reaction. It will make the Anemo hits stronger, yes, but Sucrose's entire deal is that it really doesn't matter what the Anemo damage is doing, just that she's doing it to trigger Swirls of other elements.

Swirl and all other reactions don't gain anything from +DMG%

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the stuff where people were mad that others rolled/liked Zhongli seemed like a reddit thing, and it usually went hand-in-hand with a weird attitude about "we're yelling at Mihoyo on your behalf, you should acknowledge our point and be grateful"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

My understanding is the Zhong situation in China was insane. Both reveal streams since his release was flooded with people saying "buff Zhong Li", people were getting their accounts banned in protest, people were doing this thing called "invoicing" in protest where there's some chinese law where they're required to turn over papers or something. The language involved was crazy, I haven't seen anything like this in years. There was never any tension between people who rolled for Zhong Li and people who didn't.

There was like a gigantic thread on reddit with numberlords completely baffled and getting angry at people still rolling for him after he was Proven To Be Suboptimal. In random rear end places all over social media I saw people blaming women for rolling for the hot man when he wasn't good lol

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
For maximum hilarity I just want to see a steady stream of Zhongli buffs every few months, inexplicably, forever.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wonder for how many of these people Genshin is their first gacha. Like all the Destiny youtubers that ruined their lives trying to make Genshin content because they fundamentally misunderstood the game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That being said, Zhongli being good or not honestly had nothing to do with the nationalist outrage. They wanted him, due to being the God of not-china to be OP and when they get whipped into a frenzy poo poo gets scary as we saw. If he released with these buffs we saw now, they'd still be angry.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

homeless snail posted:

I wonder for how many of these people Genshin is their first gacha. Like all the Destiny youtubers that ruined their lives trying to make Genshin content because they fundamentally misunderstood the game

95% of non-asian territories, this is their first anime gacha.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

homeless snail posted:

tell me more about youtubers not understanding genshin

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Losing my mind at the idea of worrying about power creep in a PVE game where you can defeat literally all the content with the f2p characters.

Like even if the content gets harder, so many 4 stars are good enough to carry you in the current stuff, not expecting that to be ruined by power creep.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Jesus christ I just thought people were bitching on whatever the chinese equivalent of reddit is. Threatening financial/legal trouble for a company because your favorite anime wasn't strong is on a whole other level.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It can't be stated enough how loving furious people were that others were rolling for and enjoying Zhongli during his banner lol.

I don't know why you're trying to invent this narrative, but no one cares if you love Zhong Li.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vaguido posted:

Losing my mind at the idea of worrying about power creep in a PVE game where you can defeat literally all the content with the f2p characters.

Like even if the content gets harder, so many 4 stars are good enough to carry you in the current stuff, not expecting that to be ruined by power creep.

Welcome to the first couple years of FGO where people literally can't cope PVE games

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

So when do people get mad about Albedo and get him buffed too?

Not that he needs it. I'm just asking out of scholarly curiosity is all.

:unsmigghh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everybody is paying attention to Ganyu instead

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mailer posted:

Jesus christ I just thought people were bitching on whatever the chinese equivalent of reddit is. Threatening financial/legal trouble for a company because your favorite anime wasn't strong is on a whole other level.

I don't know why you're trying to invent this narrative, but no one cares if you love Zhong Li.

...? You should probably not speak up when you don't know what happened or went on.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Please let's fight about being mad about being mad about being mad about Zhongli being bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The hosed up thing is I'm not even that huge of a Zhongli fan..Childe is better.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Bhaizu Crew is waiting in the wings. soon our day will come

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The hosed up thing is I'm not even that huge of a Zhongli fan..Childe is better.

:yeah:

I'm one of the weirdos that really enjoys juggling his stances around.

Actually I bet him and Albedo probably work pretty well together now that I have the latter.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Vaguido posted:

I mean, same thing to those people. Zhongli is cute and I pulled him because he's cute. People bitching about his power level, in either direction, is an idiot baby because who cares. You either didn't pull him, and didn't miss out because with literally any other character you can do all the things in the game with little trouble, or you did pull him and your cute boy is more powerful.

I loved Z in the story missions but hate his barks during combat. They made beautiful chill boy sound so angry.

Albedo is my best friend now. He isn’t the best but I have been having a lot of fun with him.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah but doing my due diligence here, checking all the values and characteristics, I'm afraid to tell you that Childe is a much lamer boy and isn't hot OR cute.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

homeless snail posted:

Yeah but doing my due diligence here, checking all the values and characteristics, I'm afraid to tell you that Childe is a much lamer boy and isn't hot OR cute.

Childe is pretty popular among the "please choke slam me into bed" crowd

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

homeless snail posted:

his jp voice is extremely hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm still waiting for a big beefcake himbo with 0 braincells and a heart of gold.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they want to do anything beyond twunk as far as body types go.