Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

How many pods have left Earwolf since the Sirius purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

How many pods have left Earwolf since the Sirius purchase?

conan o'brien show end of list

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
The reveal of what HH's song is about is incredible. I love it!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So I resigned up for Stitcher Premium to catch up on Bonanas and the Pro Version, and I guess stitcher found a way to block new / upgrade accounts from accessing the Rss feeds.

Anyone want to be a chum and share their login for the Rss feeds?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Malcolm Excellent posted:

So I resigned up for Stitcher Premium to catch up on Bonanas and the Pro Version, and I guess stitcher found a way to block new / upgrade accounts from accessing the Rss feeds.

My subscription just auto-renewed and I think I'm locked out too.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Flaskraven posted:

The reveal of what HH's song is about is incredible. I love it!

the combination of that and all of Shaun Diston's shoutouts at the end had me laughing so hard, what a great 'final' episode

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
Is Flagrant Ones a good listen if you love the boys but don't care about basketball? I don't want to add another patreon but it's hard to imagine a week without these sweeties.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

tenderjerk posted:

Is Flagrant Ones a good listen if you love the boys but don't care about basketball? I don't want to add another patreon but it's hard to imagine a week without these sweeties.

I'm not a HUGE hoop head, but still really enjoy it. Often times BBall is the least important part of the show.

Start from the beginning and you'll end up really enjoying it I think.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think being too into basketball might actually make it worse since they just bullshit about uniforms and stuff half the time even when they are talking basketball. I thought it was an enjoyable enough podcast, but not worth spending money on every month. It's been a while since I've checked in since I was burning out pretty hard on the Boys for a while, so no idea if it's gotten better or worse since then.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I tried Flagrant Ones for a bit but they just kept talking about basketball and I couldn't make myself give a poo poo. The boys are still their fun sweetie selves but I found it interminable—I have to enjoy the subject matter to enjoy a podcast, everything else aside.

But then again I didn't love RSS either because I have the same lack of interest in/knowledge of reality shows so what do I know :shrug:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

flagrant ones is great when its sean/hayes/carl shooting the poo poo and doing songs and talking about basketball drama

the occasional eps where they list off player names while hayes says "hmm yes, that would be really fun" are unlistenable

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Sinteres posted:

I think being too into basketball might actually make it worse since they just bullshit about uniforms and stuff half the time even when they are talking basketball. I thought it was an enjoyable enough podcast, but not worth spending money on every month. It's been a while since I've checked in since I was burning out pretty hard on the Boys for a while, so no idea if it's gotten better or worse since then.

i have loved the nba for a long time but i love when they talk more about the social media drama and aesthetics and poo poo, if i want to think about actual player stats and team trajectories ill go listen to dunc'd on for 5 minutes and then fall asleep, or just go look poo poo up on bball ref

but thats me

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

i have loved the nba for a long time but i love when they talk more about the social media drama and aesthetics and poo poo, if i want to think about actual player stats and team trajectories ill go listen to dunc'd on for 5 minutes and then fall asleep, or just go look poo poo up on bball ref

but thats me

I probably should have put it more that if someone goes into it hoping for a lot of high caliber basketball analysis they're going to the wrong place. I don't mean it as an insult, it's just not that kind of a show, and part of the reason why is because they know there are a ton of other people who do that as their day jobs who do it better than they could.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the occasional eps where they list off player names while hayes says "hmm yes, that would be really fun" are unlistenable

This is super true.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Sinteres posted:

I probably should have put it more that if someone goes into it hoping for a lot of high caliber basketball analysis they're going to the wrong place. I don't mean it as an insult, it's just not that kind of a show, and part of the reason why is because they know there are a ton of other people who do that as their day jobs who do it better than they could.

oh yea no i wasnt taking a shot at you or people who enjoy that, i just super dont outside of like zogo posts and articles and using bball ref to answer my own burning questions, to each their own

but its definitely not high level basketball analysis and that's why i love it, outside of watching games the pure dumb drama of the NBA is why its my favorite league by a country mile, and the boys play with that very well

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't care about basketball, but Flagrant Ones is my favorite podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Did you sign up through the website or the app? Website locked me out of RSS but when I resubscribed through the Android app, that solved my issue.

Currently having Gpodder grab every show I care about because I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it when the actual paid period begins. Though Bonusnanza is a treat.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My yearly sub ended yesterday so I made sure to locally download about 50gb of episodes before I got cut off.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
E: wrong thread

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
As someone that loves the Boys, Carl, and the NBA, the Flagrant Ones is fun but they have dumb basketball opinions sometimes. It's honestly probably better if you don't know much about it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

As someone that loves the Boys, Carl, and the NBA, the Flagrant Ones is fun but they have dumb basketball opinions sometimes. It's honestly probably better if you don't know much about it.

yea i agree the clippers are a trash org full of idiots and has beens, go lakers

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

boxcarhobo posted:

yea i agree the clippers are a trash org full of idiots and has beens, go lakers

Hemmis Greene account spotted

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Did you sign up through the website or the app? Website locked me out of RSS but when I resubscribed through the Android app, that solved my issue.

Currently having Gpodder grab every show I care about because I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it when the actual paid period begins. Though Bonusnanza is a treat.

I've never used or downloaded the app, am I just hosed?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hemmis Greene account spotted

the los angeles lakrus

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lefraud james go lakruhs

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I was the one who helped himmis make the meme of charlize theron from monster murdering kawhi leonard

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I listened to the tenth anniversary episode of HDTGM, which is Paul, Jason, and June chatting about the origins of the podcast for a while, and then a replay of the first episode. I laughed at June making a few jokes about not wanting to do the show any more that didn't sound like they were 100% joking. Also Paul talked about they time they tried to get Bill Clinton on to talk about Police Academy.

For the first episode, one thing that really struck me is how meaner everyone was in the early days, especially June.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Same with Handbook. There was a joke early on in Hollywood Handbook where Hayes sarcastically lists whats working on HDTGM and lists June. I've always wondered if that's why they weren't invited to be on.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, probably because from all accounts Sean is so uncomfortable to be around

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jason and is like.. the bizzaro Sean.

If you were to tell both of them to make fun of an actor both would have no problem doing it, but the task would be accomplished is such opposite ways.

I wish I could describe what I mean better

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Elea posted:

Same with Handbook. There was a joke early on in Hollywood Handbook where Hayes sarcastically lists whats working on HDTGM and lists June. I've always wondered if that's why they weren't invited to be on.

Hayes was on a pretty bad ep of that show. He wore a witch hat

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Jason and is like.. the bizzaro Sean.

If you were to tell both of them to make fun of an actor both would have no problem doing it, but the task would be accomplished is such opposite ways.

I wish I could describe what I mean better

I understand what you mean 100%

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

I listened to the tenth anniversary episode of HDTGM, which is Paul, Jason, and June chatting about the origins of the podcast for a while, and then a replay of the first episode. I laughed at June making a few jokes about not wanting to do the show any more that didn't sound like they were 100% joking. Also Paul talked about they time they tried to get Bill Clinton on to talk about Police Academy.

For the first episode, one thing that really struck me is how meaner everyone was in the early days, especially June.

June seems pretty ambitious and is building up a hell of an acting resume. Honestly I'm kinda surprised she still does the show, even if her husband's one of the co-hosts. If the pandemic hadn't happened I'm sure she'd have departed by now. She could easily pass the torch to Tig or Jessica St. Clair , imo.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The Flagrant Ones patreon updated their tier list. Hollywood Handbook ads version with the back catalogue is a buck a month (though you're really just paying for access to the back catalogue at this tier since the main show is still going out free I believe). Then Hollywood Handbook pro version and its own back catalogue is 4 bucks a month. There's also a cheaper bundle tier if you want to get Flagrant ones and Carl's new show as well.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

feedmyleg posted:

I tried Flagrant Ones for a bit but they just kept talking about basketball and I couldn't make myself give a poo poo. The boys are still their fun sweetie selves but I found it interminable—I have to enjoy the subject matter to enjoy a podcast, everything else aside.

But then again I didn't love RSS either because I have the same lack of interest in/knowledge of reality shows so what do I know :shrug:

I found it hard to keep up with the Flagrant Ones and dropped off. Too bad because I love the boys. Just not enough time to keep up on everything. I'll be looking to jump back on now that everything is going to the Patreon. Good for them.

Side note....are they ever going to do the t-shirts again?

Second side note....the Vinyl episode. Worth it? I'd have to buy it second hand from ebay or something for a premium....

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I found it hard to keep up with the Flagrant Ones and dropped off. Too bad because I love the boys. Just not enough time to keep up on everything. I'll be looking to jump back on now that everything is going to the Patreon. Good for them.

Side note....are they ever going to do the t-shirts again?

Second side note....the Vinyl episode. Worth it? I'd have to buy it second hand from ebay or something for a premium....

It was fine. Ben Rodgers is on it and it’s fun, and I particularly love the ending, but I don’t know if it’s like, terribly necessary and it would be better IMO to give money to the boys instead of to ebay flippers

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The Senator Giroux posted:

It was fine. Ben Rodgers is on it and it’s fun, and I particularly love the ending, but I don’t know if it’s like, terribly necessary and it would be better IMO to give money to the boys instead of to ebay flippers

Is there by chance.....a digital version of it anywhere? Wish they would have done more than 500 printings.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Laterite posted:

June seems pretty ambitious and is building up a hell of an acting resume. Honestly I'm kinda surprised she still does the show, even if her husband's one of the co-hosts. If the pandemic hadn't happened I'm sure she'd have departed by now. She could easily pass the torch to Tig or Jessica St. Clair , imo.

I'm going to guess that Tig Notaro probably won't be offered the spot given how her sole appearance went.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm going to guess that Tig Notaro probably won't be offered the spot given how her sole appearance went.

Hard to imagine Tig ever caring about a podcast, considering her energy even on Professor Blastoff.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Is there by chance.....a digital version of it anywhere? Wish they would have done more than 500 printings.

I can’t find it anywhere digitally, but it’s still available on Newberry (where I bought it): https://www.newburycomics.com/products/hollywood_handbook-vinyl_exclusive_lp?variant=32032349519977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The Senator Giroux posted:

I can’t find it anywhere digitally, but it’s still available on Newberry (where I bought it): https://www.newburycomics.com/products/hollywood_handbook-vinyl_exclusive_lp?variant=32032349519977

I could have sworn they were out. Maybe a second print. Thanks.