Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hobo Clown posted:

No, whatever the second one you're pushing becomes the head. It rolls a bit when they join together, so if your body ball is blocked by a wall or water or furniture they'll just bounce of each other. I've accidentally made upside down snowmen a lot this way.

I prefer getting DIYs from completing a task than hoping for balloons because it gives me a bit of control. Waiting on the beach hoping for RNG is unfun.

Hoping for balloons isn't the problem in itself. Hoping for balloons that drop recipes, instead of clay or teddy bears or shorts, is the problem. And then hoping that the recipe is a seasonal one. At least the bloody Bunny Day balloons are guaranteed drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hobo Clown posted:

No, whatever the second one you're pushing becomes the head. It rolls a bit when they join together, so if your body ball is blocked by a wall or water or furniture they'll just bounce of each other. I've accidentally made upside down snowmen a lot this way.

I prefer getting DIYs from completing a task than hoping for balloons because it gives me a bit of control. Waiting on the beach hoping for RNG is unfun.

The problem for me is completing the task should be building the snowman, not making it perfect. It makes me extra angry because the way """"perfect"""" snowmen look is not how I would build a perfect snowman

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I got the last nook mile achievement for snowboys today and already had all the recipes. For the next month or two I intend to make the worst and most hideous snow abominations possible.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Black Robe posted:

Hoping for balloons isn't the problem in itself. Hoping for balloons that drop recipes, instead of clay or teddy bears or shorts, is the problem. And then hoping that the recipe is a seasonal one. At least the bloody Bunny Day balloons are guaranteed drops.

Oh yeah, it feels like an extreme overcorrection from people hating when the Bunny Day stuff took over everything.

Macaluso posted:

The problem for me is completing the task should be building the snowman, not making it perfect. It makes me extra angry because the way """"perfect"""" snowmen look is not how I would build a perfect snowman

Agreed, the head is way too big on the perfect ones. I got decent at making what the game wants me to make, but I never liked how it looks. Looking forward to having all the DIYs so I can start making some freaks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hippeaux is Frasier, Chadder is Niles. Though their houses might be the other way around.

Hippeaux is bar none my favorite AC villager ever. He’s absolutely unbearable

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Best and worst villagers ranked

1. Hippeaux
2. O’Hare
3. Cherry
4. Cube

397. Claudia

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Black Robe posted:

I got the last nook mile achievement for snowboys today and already had all the recipes. For the next month or two I intend to make the worst and most hideous snow abominations possible.

I fully intend to do the same once I have that last Nook Mile achievement. My island will be taken over by horrifying crimes against nature.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I paved the area the snowballs spawn it cause they absolutely refuse to pick another clear spot to spawn, so they can just bugger off. I got my DIY and achievement, and my dung beetle statue, gently caress the snowballs and gently caress the snowmen.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

They actually let Tom and Isabelle out, that's nice. Not Blathers or the Nooklings though. Maybe they'll at least get to come outside at midnight.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

One small issue is you can't access the PC today. So I hope you have some cash already on you :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Happy New Year see you in hell bitch!!!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So, I have the Dunce New Year's Hat in Red, Pink, Green, & Purple.

Let's get this cataloging going since there's two hat types with 8 colors each.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Black Robe posted:

They actually let Tom and Isabelle out, that's nice. Not Blathers or the Nooklings though. Maybe they'll at least get to come outside at midnight.

There's fuckin' bugs outside Blathers ain't risking that for the potential of having a good time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What is the requirement to get the NYE book mile stamp tonight? Do you have to be playing at midnight?

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What is the requirement to get the NYE book mile stamp tonight? Do you have to be playing at midnight?

Looks that way. I time traveled because I know I’ll be asleep before then. Didn’t get it at 11. Got it at the midnight countdown.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hippeaux is Frasier

This would have been a healthier view to take when I had him on my island.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Macaluso posted:

One small issue is you can't access the PC today. So I hope you have some cash already on you :v:

To the strategic money tree reserve!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Sand Souci is open to say goodbye to this wretched, wretched year!

Dodo code is: BHDHJ

If you stop by to visit, make sure to get your pointy New Years Hat! We have Yellow, Orange, Blue, and Aqua Varieties

I love billboard posts, so if you had fun please leave one!

Happy New Year!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sand Souci is open to say goodbye to this wretched, wretched year!

Dodo code is: BHDHJ

If you stop by to visit, make sure to get your pointy New Years Hat! We have Yellow, Orange, Blue, and Aqua Varieties

I love billboard posts, so if you had fun please leave one!

Happy New Year!

Thanks! I left the other four hat colors just below your town square

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I finally got the big festive tree DIY from a balloon :unsmith:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I want Isabelle's top hat and Tom Nook's tuxedo. Nintendo :argh:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

chmods please posted:

I want Isabelle's top hat and Tom Nook's tuxedo. Nintendo :argh:

Seriously. It's great to see Tom outside of the place though. Other than the occasional dedication this is the first time since they built residential services, isn't it?

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Seriously. It's great to see Tom outside of the place though. Other than the occasional dedication this is the first time since they built residential services, isn't it?

Isabelle came out for fireworks but I'm 99% certain Tom never has.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

This is such a dumb question but whatever. Where do they all live? Above resident services and the shops?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I always assumed Tom Nook has his own private island he goes home to every night, whereas Isabelle sleeps in Resident Services.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

yippeekiyaymf posted:

This is such a dumb question but whatever. Where do they all live? Above resident services and the shops?

*Above* resident services? *Above* the shops? What is this, the Ritz?

The floors are plenty comfortable, I'm sure :colbert:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

magimix posted:

*Above* resident services? *Above* the shops? What is this, the Ritz?

The floors are plenty comfortable, I'm sure :colbert:

There is a back room in Resident services where there's a TV for Isabelle to watch her shows.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i do like the idea of apartments above their respective buildings, honestly

but now I desperately want to see them

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Zuzie posted:

There is a back room in Resident services where there's a TV for Isabelle to watch her shows.

There's no TV. Just a biscuit-tin with the stub of a candle in it. When she can bum a match off someone to light it, imagination does the rest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

She watches her stories on an ipad while drinking her scotch

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Macaluso posted:

She watches her stories on an ipad while drinking her scotch

I think you mean vacation juice.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

"momma's juice"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gently caress off, Isabelle :jerkbag:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

She's right. Her game was a bright light in a dark year :colbert:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

She's right. Her game was a bright light in a dark year :colbert:

Is it not more that her fiendish and subtle plan is but two hours from realisation?

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

gently caress off, Isabelle :jerkbag:

Didn’t realize she has a coffee cup instead of her “tea”. Trying to stay up to midnight?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

magimix posted:

Is it not more that her fiendish and subtle plan is but two hours from realisation?

I for one welcome our new adorable overlords.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

glassyalabolas posted:

Thanks! I left the other four hat colors just below your town square

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

magimix posted:

:tinfoil: