Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

coelomate posted:

So this is an armor timer for our Keepstar in M2-XFE, and the system isn't jammed?

On the INN stream I see supers from both sides, and the jammer symbol is flashing - does that mean one is onlining now?

Hopefully today is the day my titan dies.

The jammer will be online in 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Alright, so it's a hostile jammer and it's our keepstar, meaning we have less than 2 minutes to commit ~ everything ~ or not?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DGC773 posted:

The jammer will be online in 2 minutes.

wow too bad we already got our supercap fleet in whoopsy doodles

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

coelomate posted:

Alright, so it's a hostile jammer and it's our keepstar, meaning we have less than 2 minutes to commit ~ everything ~ or not?

Turns out the cyno jammer on lining timeR is also effected by TIDI LOL

SO YOU GUYS GOT 20 minutes

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the point of the jammers is so that they can jump everyone into the system and then quickly online the jammer, which only takes 5 minutes, to prevent us from jumping in our titan fleet. it would be dangerous to jump in when there is a possibility that half the fleet would get cut off when the jammer onlined and we'd get massacred, and there's basically no other way to challenge a super/titan fleet other than another larger super/titan. with the jammers there's little chance that they get a fight and they won't take any losses.

in this case we paused the jammer onlining for an extra 15 minutes, 15 minutes that happen to go in tidi, which gave us plenty of time to get everyone into system. papi decided to just go for it anyway, which like props to them.

this might end up being one of the biggest battles in eve history

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

DGC773 posted:

Turns out the cyno jammer on lining timeR is also effected by TIDI LOL

SO YOU GUYS GOT 20 minutes

I loving love :ccp:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Dicks out boys n girls

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

How can CCP give the excuse that citadel timers can’t be tied to TIDI, when cyno jammers and entosing timers are all effected by TIDI....

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Solus posted:

Can you get the hint that your thread banned and gently caress off

I’m kind of liking his posts

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

DGC773 posted:

How can CCP give the excuse that citadel timers can’t be tied to TIDI, when cyno jammers and entosing timers are all effected by TIDI....

Easy, just have both timer not be linked to the same timer system. The jammer could be on the local node time setting while the vulnerability window could be on the entire game universe. It's :ccp: so it does not really have to make sense.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

DGC773 posted:

Programming is hard.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
while it doesn't make any sense those are the rules and maybe papi should have known about that before accidentally stumbling into the thing they've been avoiding for nearly 3 months

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

supersnowman posted:

Easy, just have both timer not be linked to the same timer system. The jammer could be on the local node time setting while the vulnerability window could be on the entire game universe. It's :ccp: so it does not really have to make sense.

CCP inadvertently tied the new citadel timers to the 2003 POS code didn't they?? and now they can't change it without destroying the game

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Just casually jumping another super and titan fleet in because passpi are dumb

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Just casually jumping another super and titan fleet in because passpi are dumb

My ship sensors have almost finished tuning in on subspace frequencies :getin:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit playing Eve. It's never the wrong week to quit playing Eve.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
How far is this system from 1DQ? Any chance I'll be able to join the battle after work?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

How far is this system from 1DQ? Any chance I'll be able to join the battle after work?

https://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Delve/M2-XFE#ihub

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

The system is jammed, but I think it's just 6 old gates (maybe shorter if we have any JBs up)

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Is anyone willing to summarise or give a running commentary? Who's winning?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ein Sexmonster posted:

It does seem like there's a large proportion of GSF people in this thread who are more invested in making the accusations of lovely behavior go away rather than actually hearing them out.

the lovely behavior was perfectly heard, handled, and fixed.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Aertuun posted:

Is anyone willing to summarise or give a running commentary? Who's winning?

It's not CCP's servers.

Right now both sides have supercarriers and titans committed, and a jammer just went up, so no more supers on either side can enter the field. They're shooting our keepstar, which is at ~90% armor HP and slowly falling.

If they get it to 0, it doesn't pop, so we just dock, and the hull timer comes later. That's why armor timer is often the most heavily defended - if we lose, we can dock, we don't wind up eating poo poo in empty space.

The fight is going to have hundreds of titans and supers on both sides and in, or almost in, weapons range, so it really does seem to be happening.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

it's jammed so you can't bridge or jump in, but i assume there will be subcap fleets all night. M-2XFE is in the "north" of delve leading towards fountain, one off 5-C not directly in the pipe. It's not an important system for any reason. it isn't strategic, doesn't have an ice belt, and doesn't even have any good moons or planets. it does have a keepstar though.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Stereotype posted:

it's jammed so you can't bridge or jump in, but i assume there will be subcap fleets all night. M-2XFE is in the "north" of delve leading towards fountain, one off 5-C not directly in the pipe. It's not an important system for any reason. it isn't strategic, doesn't have an ice belt, and doesn't even have any good moons or planets. it does have a keepstar though.

I've been thinking PAPI would want one final big battle for the war, maybe this is it.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

About 1hour of real time has passed with about 5 mins of ingame time. It’s going to be a long fight.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the lovely behavior was perfectly heard, handled, and fixed.

This is by far the funniest post you've made.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DGC773 posted:

About 1hour of real time has passed with about 5 mins of ingame time. It’s going to be a long fight.

it is almost assuredly going to go until downtime

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Damnit. I'll figure out how to login tonight. Maybe we can gate in Dreadnoughts and Carriers from an adjacent system?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Stereotype posted:

I'm sitting here sweating through my shirt watching nothing happen except grid loading. Meanwhile Asher sounds cool as a cucumber.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Stereotype posted:

Agreed. I don’t think this fight till break any records though. I don’t see it being a super blood bath.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Ynglaur posted:

Damnit. I'll figure out how to login tonight. Maybe we can gate in Dreadnoughts and Carriers from an adjacent system?

I think all systems around it are cyno jammed

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
-1 NC. Titan (soon)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuYZXm6J5U

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
NC Erebus down

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Stereotype posted:

NC Erebus down

Was this the dude who warped to the keepstar at zero?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

It is my sincere hope that this fight continues until I can get home, log in, and do some shooting of spacemen.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Jammer is down again...

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Thanks for the update coelomate!

As a general question to people who know, what's to stop the attacking fleet simply leaving if they get into too much trouble?

Does the Keepstar make that big a difference in terms of offence/defence?

Also, someone mentioned there were about 700 titans on the grid... That's a lot of manufacturing.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Xarn posted:

Ignore list is a great feature

The ignore list is for cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Aertuun posted:

Thanks for the update coelomate!

As a general question to people who know, what's to stop the attacking fleet simply leaving if they get into too much trouble?

Does the Keepstar make that big a difference in terms of offence/defence?

Also, someone mentioned there were about 700 titans on the grid... That's a lot of manufacturing.

Keepstar makes a huge difference in terms of defense, just look at how much damage it did to the titan that warped to the wrong place at the wrong time: https://zkillboard.com/kill/89607140/

It'll be tricky for either side to extract once the fight is underway and supercaps have weapons timers, doomsday timers, are bubbled/hic pointed/etc.