Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Last 5 surely. Blair wasn't knighted either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Killed enough Muslim civilians to make him one de facto under the English system.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CyberPingu posted:

Blair, Brown, Cameron, May makes four?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Secret fifth prime minister.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
A deputy prime minister is a type of prime minister :clegg:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you crouch by the kent lorry park and open your inventory you can unlock the missing prime minister.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Did Jim Hacker get a knighthood?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

If you crouch by the kent lorry park and open your inventory you can unlock the missing prime minister.

I didn't know the secret prime minister was 20,000 bottles of piss

Makes sense, though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

I didn't know the secret prime minister was 20,000 bottles of piss
Expected Nigel Farage, got Luke Akehurst.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Convex posted:

Did Jim Hacker get a knighthood?

Currently in the Lords, blaming everything on how his borough is now full of foreigners

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Apparently Brown, May and Cameron haven't got gongs because the Queen hates Blair so much that she'll never invest him in any of the orders in her personal gift* even though previous PMs almost automatically got into the Order of Merit or the Order of the Garter, and has made it extremely clear she will be Displeased with any PM who "advises" her to ennoble him in one of the other orders. This leaves them in the tricky position of not being able to ennoble any of the PMs that followed him without making it blatantly obvious how much she hates him. It's of course extremely dumb and weird, like everything to do with having a head of state chosen by who's the closest relative of someone who literally never visited this poxy archipelago, but it's also *extremely* funny to me that apparently he really, really wants a knighthood (presumably to help grease the wheels with the dictators he does PR work for) and he's never going to get one while Liz is about.

* So for people from countries that aren't actual jokes (or even people from here who are sensible and well-adjusted enough not to know or care about this): there are a couple of ways to get a knighthood. The conventional way, along with other honours, is for the PM to "advise" Her Maj to invest people into one of the orders of chivalry. Because of course there's a class system *even within this system* there are different orders, which have different orders of precedence (how close to the front you get to sit at official functions) and other stuff like medals of increasing gaudiness for you to wear at official functions - so the lowest one, the Order of the British Empire, is mostly for people who work for a living (there are of course ranks within them and it's all too dumb and annoying to get into), up to the Order of the Bath which is for civil servants and military types.

The highest-ranking knighthoods though are in the Order of the Thistle (for Scots) and Order of the Garter (for everyone else). They get really, really posh robes and medals, and because they're in the personal gift of the monarch it is to the upper class what a follow-back from a celeb would be for Twitter people.

It's *possible* this is also why none of them have gone into the Lords (which was also traditional for ex-PMs) but apparently only May is interested in that when she retires from the Commons, the others aren't particularly interested in going back into Parliament even for a big dinner and a nice kip - possibly because the Register of Members Interests would make *extremely* illuminating reading for them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And this is how constitutional change happens within this system.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Sounds like bunkum. The queen is all about having no opinion and I can't imagine her allowing blair to force her into secretly having one about him.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

marktheando posted:

Lol I sent an angry email to my MP about him voting for brexit after years of bashing Corbyn for being a brexiteer, and got a pretty incoherent angry response back 5 minutes later.

Holy poo poo thank you so much for posting that, he did the funniest possible response. Wine-drunk Murray angry posting the reply, being genuinely incoherent and strongly implying he wants to send his largest nephew to you for a ruck god drat.

CGI Stardust posted:

also an accusation of sexual harrassment resulting from the same conference, where "the NEC’s sexual harassment panel has ruled that on the balance of the evidence the matter should not be referred to a full hearing of the national constitutional committee". during the leadership election, there were also some women on Twitter in his constituency, from what i remember, saying that he made odd comments to them at CLP meetings or made them feel uncomfortable at the gym by staring at them (can't find the tweets now)

then there was this whole thing from this interview, which ruffled a few feathers

none of this being conclusive proof, of course

The 'Clive Lewis is a secret sex pest' stuff is very, very obviously a manufactured smear. He was doing it a bit before too but after the 2017 GE results he went mask off

started king posting and talking about how neoliberalism is a loving death cult. Shockingly enough the right-wing of the party/establishment media just coincidentally started making a lot of smoke for gently caress all fire about how he's actually a bigot or whatever over the following months, it didn't lead to anything because he's literally just a decent person.

Some lefties really need to get over this concept that establishment media blatantly lying somehow needs to be 'met in the middle' just because it's unfalsifiable woke stuff they happen to be flavouring the lie with.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
My boss (actually my boss's boss's boss) got an obe for running a catering company

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

he did make exceedingly good cakes though?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

nobody more deserving of that obe than Gregg himself

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

kecske posted:

nobody more deserving of that obe than Gregg himself

One of the Greggs was a nonce

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The coward locked the replies

https://twitter.com/amessd_southend/status/1344363331436617728?s=19

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Continuity NIP posted:

One of the Greggs was a nonce

I bet it was colin

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I'm sure she is smiling as she looks up at us

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Imagine being in heaven, where like I dunno everything is perfect, and then seeing whats going on in Dover in some worthless lesser world and bothering to have an opinion.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Imagine being the person who got the rebate and seeing the only people defending that being worthless #fbpe piss accounts and seeing everyone else laughing at it :devil:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Convex posted:

I'm sure she is smiling as she looks up at us

Brexit would absolutely have her rolling in her grave a d he knows it hence the locked replies

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do I even want to know why he's checked into a hotel with a cardboard cutout of thatcher?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

kecske posted:

I bet it was colin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-42416724

looks like you were right

I'm not sure what you win for guessing correctly

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Talking of gongs, Lewis Hamilton is getting a knighthood, which I'm fairly certain will be boiling the piss of that certain type of gammon who are very confused by the most successful British F1 driver of all time having... something about him they don't like.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheReal_JesusC/status/1344422538189955074

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought lewis hamilton rode bikes and got kicked out for being on peformance drugs.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

OwlFancier posted:

I thought lewis hamilton rode bikes and got kicked out for being on peformance drugs.

That was Lance Henriksen

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

do you value your lack of knowledge on the matter? Surely you're only moments away from assuming he is still a sex pest?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

do you value your lack of knowledge on the matter? Surely you're only moments away from assuming he is still a sex pest?
One that landed on the moon though.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

kecske posted:

I bet it was colin

Admit you just googled Greggs nonce

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

The 'Clive Lewis is a secret sex pest' stuff is very, very obviously a manufactured smear. He was doing it a bit before too but after the 2017 GE results he went mask off

started king posting and talking about how neoliberalism is a loving death cult. Shockingly enough the right-wing of the party/establishment media just coincidentally started making a lot of smoke for gently caress all fire about how he's actually a bigot or whatever over the following months, it didn't lead to anything because he's literally just a decent person.

Some lefties really need to get over this concept that establishment media blatantly lying somehow needs to be 'met in the middle' just because it's unfalsifiable woke stuff they happen to be flavouring the lie with.

I have heard this “smear” stuff from a number people who definitely aren’t right wing. Your logic appears to be:

Is a left-wing politician ——> any claims of sexual misconduct are lies

Which is loving horrible.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

If you are going to tell someone they are being loving horrible because of some things you have heard you should probably say what the things you have heard are and where and stuff?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If you are going to tell someone they are being loving horrible because of some things you have heard you should probably say what the things you have heard are and where and stuff?

I haven’t heard much more than what’s been mentioned in this thread, but I have heard them from people who have direct first and second-hand knowledge of events and definitely aren’t right-wing plants.

I just object to the idea that just because Lewis is a leftie this is “very, very obviously a manufactured smear”. It’s gross. “Believe women, until it effects someone I like, then they’re lying neoliberal stooges”. Comrade Delta’s leftie credentials were pretty rock-solid too, but guess what, that dude was a loving rapist.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Didn't we go over this a couple months ago when I asked the threads opinions on Clive Lewis.

I'd never heard of him and he seemed to have some pretty good opinions so naturally I asked you lot.

The conclusions then were the same. A lot of right wing noise about nothing.

Though I guess you could take Jess Philips at face value.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
So bets for last day of 2020? The Brexit deal falls through? A meteor starts an extinction event? The Queen is revealed to always have been a robot?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sounds like bunkum. The queen is all about having no opinion and I can't imagine her allowing blair to force her into secretly having one about him.

The queen is all about having no public opinion - it's an open secret that behind the scenes she has Strong ones and is entirely willing to tell people what those are. It's just that she has enough of a head on her shoulders to want to keep her head on her shoulders, so she makes drat sure that said opinions stay very strictly private, and in public is mostly about opening wazzock factories or whatever it is the royals do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

So bets for last day of 2020? The Brexit deal falls through? A meteor starts an extinction event? The Queen is revealed to always have been a robot?

Lizard.