Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
How do you reenable the console on Patch 1.06?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So I forgot to grab the legendary burya blueprint from apartments in mega building h6 during the quest that was there, am I poo poo out luck? elevator doesn't seem to want to open.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lollerich posted:

How do you reenable the console on Patch 1.06?

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Just finished (after 100+ hours). Bit sad I missed out on the secret ending. Just stuck to one ending R.I.P. Rogue though and not gonna sneak back to try others so I have something to replay for. The bugs in this game really didn't help but I enjoyed it for the most part and thought the writing was pretty solid. Wish I could've done more outside of the choices presented in some cases but other than that it was worth the wait.

i did three of the endings nomad, rogue, secret. i liked nomad the most with the rogue one being pretty solid too. i got stomped to death by a mech in the secret one but its basicaly the same epilogue as rogue.

DeathSandwich posted:

Ehh not quite. For Alt the important thing to keep in mind is that the whole reason she was kidnapped was to build Arasaka's version of Soulkiller. Which in the cyberpunk books she had already done before for ITS, the ITS version was really more of a defense against getting their stuff ganked but Arasaka's version was going to be more offensive and actively troll the net seeking out Arasaka's enemies and blowing their brains and sending their conscience to digital hell. In the Cyberpunk books, Alt knows that once she completes Arasaka's Soulkiller, she was going to be the first one on the soulkill list, so she played along initially, got forcibly jacked into the net at gunpoint, and she bides for time looking like she's working on the program while she is actually taking over the security system to kill the guards over her meat body (and also funneling some black project funds to herself). When Johnny and company break in during the VDB flashback the shock of them breaking in allows the Alt's keeper (who at that point was basically hemmed in by the security system Alt had taken over) to pull her plug, trapping her in cyberspace right as Johnny comes to save the day. It plays out a bit differently in game and it's played up that Johnny is an unreliable narrator, so there being multiple versions of the same story can happen.

IIRC without the direct connection to her meat brain, Alt's digital psyche holds together for a bit before it starts breaking down, basically the digital version of Cyberpsychosis. The fact that it even thinks anymore to present itself in the form of Alt is kind of amazing by 2077. What Alt has become is pretty much completely struck of humanity and can't be considered human by any reasonable estimation. This is also alluded to some in-game quests, where they talk about Netrunners disassociating and their consciousness going beyond the blackwall into AI never-never land.

yeah, alt also shows more of a human side when interacting with v than she does with Johnny. at this point. alts basically a giant hive mind with alts personality being the front and core. i also get the view that she is kinda a horrofing monster who would go terminator on humanity in a heart beat.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Artelier posted:

If they're just adults in kids' bodies the game should let me run them over to help flame crotch man :colbert:
the universal experience everyone had of thinking "holy poo poo are they gonna let me plow through those kids?" before a sick disappointment

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Artelier posted:

If they're just adults in kids' bodies the game should let me run them over to help flame crotch man :colbert:

omg I forgot about FCM, we definitely need the saints row style side story where you're just a cyberware repair guy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I tried that save editor that lets you make items into maxed out legendaries, and found a few interesting caveats. One: Some items just don't seem to get much out of it. Got a nice pair of pants that, even with the same hash (00000014951C01A5) as other four slots, has no slots at all.

More interesting to me is that you can make the game think that an armor or weapon mod is legendary. It'll say it has the bonuses, and they'll be reflected in the stats, but at some point it'll remember what the original mod was like and revert to the mod's original rarity.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 31, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

LifeSunDeath posted:

omg I forgot about FCM, we definitely need the saints row style side story where you're just a cyberware repair guy.

I think its time for an ethical reality climax.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Lazyhound posted:

I’m trying to decide which arm mod to go for, do Mantis Blades open up any fun [Eviscerate]-ish dialogue options,

Of course not, what game do you think you're playing here.
They're just fancy knives.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm on the roof ledge outside of Totentanz, I punch someone to fall to their death, immediate cops. I hope that sort of poo poo gets fixed/tuned. If I'm at a clan hotspot, no cops should dare get to. More so, since Regina asks me to mop up all that poo poo every time.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm on the roof ledge outside of Totentanz, I punch someone to fall to their death, immediate cops. I hope that sort of poo poo gets fixed/tuned. If I'm at a clan hotspot, no cops should dare get to. More so, since Regina asks me to mop up all that poo poo every time.

I always thought the original plan was to have enforcement in different areas be by the predominent gang instead of just ncpd everywhere. It would've been a lot cooler.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Has anyone pointed out that all the sell boxes say DEVILERY?

:devil:

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 31, 2020

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Has anyone pointed out that all the sell boxes say DEVILERY?

Somewhere a texture artist is explaining to his boss he chose creative design for a good reason goddammit.

Looking forward to the twitter drama of people chuckling at it and the woke brigade starting a crusade on behalf of dyslexics everywhere.

EDIT: Oh and the third faction of frothing lunatics which considers it a mortal sin to have such an imperfection in a game "I SPENT $60 ON"

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 31, 2020

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i get this glitch almost every time where i drop so many dudes so fast that the DOT sound keeps going and it sounds strikingly similar to when one of my gpu fans starts rattling. thankfully opening up the scanner stops it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Sachant posted:

Evil corpo V for my reflex/cool blades/pistol playthrough I'll do at some point.

What pants are these?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I didn't do any romances my first time through because I don't think the story really needs to have one. I know jamming "relationships" into games has been a thing for a long time, but the story they were telling just didn't seem like one would be appropriate. You've got a time bomb in your head and you're trying to fix it. It's like when Arnold Schwarzenegger had to tell the studio "No, that doesn't make sense" when they wanted his character to have a sex scene in Commando.

Second play through I guess I'll romance Kerry and Panam just to see the plots, but something about romancing Judy just seems....wrong. Ex she was planning on running away with just offed herself and now we're swooping in to basically do the same thing a few months down the line? Judy deserves better than you monsters. :mad:

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 31, 2020

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i did three of the endings nomad, rogue, secret. i liked nomad the most with the rogue one being pretty solid too. i got stomped to death by a mech in the secret one but its basicaly the same epilogue as rogue.

yeah, alt also shows more of a human side when interacting with v than she does with Johnny. at this point. alts basically a giant hive mind with alts personality being the front and core. i also get the view that she is kinda a horrofing monster who would go terminator on humanity in a heart beat.

I mean, thats the explicit message in the Nomad ending, at least. As soon as her shard is slotted in she fries everyone's brains and then guns down the few that try to flee, and V remarks she doesn't show mercy because she doesn't know what it is

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Ending Chat:

I was curious how, if at all, the Johnny meter affects the ending. I did a new playthrough where I pretty much just told Johnny to shut the gently caress up in all the conversations and took the blockers anytime I was given the choice. In the hotel I told him that I would not take a bullet for him and that it was my body. I did not do the Chippin' quest and for my ending I went with Panam and the Nomads. When I started the point of no return I was at 90% 20% 40%.

Johnny seemed a bit more hostile to my character, but still wanted to give me back my body. Overall, it seemed like not much had changed between this ending and the ending from the game where I had been mostly friendly with Johnny and ended with him at 60%.

I was hoping that the Johnny or the Death meter might be related to who the body is "attuned" to at the end and if you were less than 50% it was still more your body than Johnny's. Unfortunately, that is not the case and you still have the ticking clock after coming back to V's body.

I went back afterwards and did Chippin', Blazing Love and the first part of the next quest where you meet Kerry. That brought my Johnny meter to 50% and it unlocked the secret ending option.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 31, 2020

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Booley posted:

What pants are these?

I have them in my inventory just as "V's Pants".

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

mobby_6kl posted:

I've been told my whole life to do the opposite. I've done my part.

Nice V kind of looks like Roberta Draper from the Expanse tv show.

Also in 2077 what makes you a criminal?

getting caught :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Delizin posted:

Ending Chat:

I was curious how, if at all, the Johnny meter affects the ending. I did a new playthrough where I pretty much just told Johnny to shut the gently caress up in all the conversations and took the blockers anytime I was given the choice. In the hotel I told him that I would not take a bullet for him and that it was my body. I did not do the Chippin' quest and for my ending I went with Panam and the Nomads. When I started the point of no return I was at 90% 20% 40%.

Johnny seemed a bit more hostile to my character, but still wanted to give me back my body. Overall, it seemed like not much had changed between this ending and the ending from the game where I had been mostly friendly with Johnny and ended with him at 60%.

I was hoping that the Johnny or the Death meter might be related to who the body is "attuned" to at the end and if you were less than 50% it was still more your body than Johnny's. Unfortunately, that is not the case and you still have the ticking clock after coming back to V's body.

I went back afterwards and did Chippin', Blazing Love and the first part of the next quest where you meet Kerry. That brought my Johnny meter to 50% and it unlocked the secret ending option.

Yeah we've all known that ITT for awhile. All that matters is you need 70% for the secret ending. It would be nice if V going back to their body would result in you living longer if you had a high amount, but alas.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah we've all known that ITT for awhile. All that matters is you need 70% for the secret ending. It would be nice if V going back to their body would result in you living longer if you had a high amount, but alas.

Secret ending chat:
You don't need 70%. It definitely will trigger at 50% as well, but it might be less related to that and more to the specific dialogue options from the quest.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
drat the netwatch path for the vdb mission is wild

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Ehh not quite. For Alt the important thing to keep in mind is that the whole reason she was kidnapped was to build Arasaka's version of Soulkiller. Which in the cyberpunk books she had already done before for ITS, the ITS version was really more of a defense against getting their stuff ganked but Arasaka's version was going to be more offensive and actively troll the net seeking out Arasaka's enemies and blowing their brains and sending their conscience to digital hell. In the Cyberpunk books, Alt knows that once she completes Arasaka's Soulkiller, she was going to be the first one on the soulkill list, so she played along initially, got forcibly jacked into the net at gunpoint, and she bides for time looking like she's working on the program while she is actually taking over the security system to kill the guards over her meat body (and also funneling some black project funds to herself). When Johnny and company break in during the VDB flashback the shock of them breaking in allows the Alt's keeper (who at that point was basically hemmed in by the security system Alt had taken over) to pull her plug, trapping her in cyberspace right as Johnny comes to save the day. It plays out a bit differently in game and it's played up that Johnny is an unreliable narrator, so there being multiple versions of the same story can happen.

IIRC without the direct connection to her meat brain, Alt's digital psyche holds together for a bit before it starts breaking down, basically the digital version of Cyberpsychosis. The fact that it even thinks anymore to present itself in the form of Alt is kind of amazing by 2077. What Alt has become is pretty much completely struck of humanity and can't be considered human by any reasonable estimation. This is also alluded to some in-game quests, where they talk about Netrunners disassociating and their consciousness going beyond the blackwall into AI never-never land.

True, the background on how Alt ended up trapped in the Net is completely different than V and Johnny's situation and how they have a choice in the matter. Regardless of the details of how Alt got there, I don't know if that would affect what she became. If Alt, one of the most prolific netrunners the world had ever seen, and one who spent a ton of time in the Net even before the Arasaka nuke went off, succumbed to digital cyberpsychosis due to being separated from her human body, then I guess we can assume anyone in the same situation will have the same fate? I don't know if I like that idea or how cyberpsychosis in general is portrayed as just how much of your body is modified. I don't think that someone having prosthetics necessarily makes them feel less human. I tend to agree more with the Descartes' distinction between the mind and body, in that the mind can retain its humanity independent of the body.

Even though Alt has been in the Net so long that she no longer associates with being human, she would still have the memories of Johnny and Alt. As an intelligent being, I think she would still know to take a human form when she interacts with other humans as she can reference though her memories, just as it is rational to talk to them through language rather than stream a bunch of raw 0s and 1s. It does seem strange that she hasn't retained a shred of humanity despite it probably being beneficial to not completely lose her humanity in order to not lose touch with human tendencies, motivations, etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

terrorist ambulance posted:

I mean, thats the explicit message in the Nomad ending, at least. As soon as her shard is slotted in she fries everyone's brains and then guns down the few that try to flee, and V remarks she doesn't show mercy because she doesn't know what it is

its even worse in the rogue ending.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
As a touring musician who has been pining for live shows since COVID hit, the "A Like Supreme" mission reminded me that rocking out on a stage in a divey bar with your old pals sure loving rules. 10/10, best game ever.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Fwiw almost all of the game's commentary on cyberpsychosis seems to be "the world fucks you up not the chrome" when you actually do those quests. So they may be setting up "being a tech creature isn't what makes you evil" which is a pretty searing commentary on what Alt has become. I think she isn't so much bereft of conscious as it is, she has embraced a totally alien perspective.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
what I want is, a mod that whenever I disassemble a clothing item, I get the schematic to make that item

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

what I want is, a mod that whenever I disassemble a clothing item, I get the schematic to make that item

That or adding mod slots to clothes so I can maximize fashion AND utility.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Hell. I'd love to know why we can't just go on the loving internet for schematics. Hunting for shops to buy specific products makes way the hell less sense in cyberpunk than it did in the Witcher.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

scuz posted:

As a touring musician who has been pining for live shows since COVID hit, the "A Like Supreme" mission reminded me that rocking out on a stage in a divey bar with your old pals sure loving rules. 10/10, best game ever.

I think if you didn't make your character headbang and bounce around the stage during that mission then you're a more soulless monster than Alt.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

“They won’t go when I go” is a hosed up quest. drat!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bedurndurn posted:

Hell. I'd love to know why we can't just go on the loving internet for schematics. Hunting for shops to buy specific products makes way the hell less sense in cyberpunk than it did in the Witcher.

The internet in 2040 is more advanced than the internet in 2020, but the internet in 2077 is specifically less than. That whole deal with the blackwall and all the netrunners around means people don't actually treat the internet quite the same in CP2077 as we do now.

It makes sense if you dig into the setting.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

And yet everybody's bodyparts are online and connected to random video cameras and vending machines and susceptible to remote hacking that makes them commit suicide.

Makes total sense!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its even worse in the rogue ending.

the slight differences are kinda cool (rogue's ending you see Alt actively take over the bots and fry arasaka employees, nomads was just everything is already dead but here are some happy robots)

haven't got the secret ending yet, but it seems theres not a lot of differences between the voicemails anyway

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That or adding mod slots to clothes so I can maximize fashion AND utility.

well since almost any piece of clothing can roll Legendary if you are high enough level, maybe a "make a piece Legendary with Max Slots" item?

Zaphod42 posted:

The internet in 2040 is more advanced than the internet in 2020, but the internet in 2077 is specifically less than. That whole deal with the blackwall and all the netrunners around means people don't actually treat the internet quite the same in CP2077 as we do now.

Apparently the poo poo Bartmoss pulled ended up just being an excuse for the Megacorps to crack down and control the Internet tighter then ever, which is why it's pretty fractured and stuff right?

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 31, 2020

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zeta Acosta posted:

drat the netwatch path for the vdb mission is wild

Gonna have to try that next time. My V got so mad about the VDB approach after the first mission you do for them that I took every other mission or side mission that seemed like it might give me an alternate route that would avoid ever dealing with them. Ultimately, I had to and then they tried to betray me AGAIN. They’re not even good at lying to you. The lie lasts like 15 minutes and then “whoops, yeah our bad, but you need us”. No, I loving don’t you treacherous motherfuckers.

Is there more VDB content if you don’t kill Brigitte at the first opportunity? I’ll never know.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Further from my previous effortpost re: how this game compares to TW3, what's really sticking in my craw as I play through the third act (beyond CTDs I keep hitting in Chippin' In) is how often sidequests seem to present up-or-down choices not on how to approach a task, but whether the task is accepted at all. Say what you will about TW3, the game was really successful in presenting quest approach as a function of how Geralt moves within the world. That is, when Geralt is presented with a sketchy request, the game implicitly asks the player to consider whether it is a smart, wise or worthwhile decision to entertain. It was really effective not only in making those decisions feel weighty (often weighing mercy and good intentions against the responsibilities and credo of Witchering) but made saying no to people feel like a valid choice. Geralt could call bullshit, and consequences would follow.

It really doesn't feel like CP has that, to be honest. The majority of the time, when I'm allowed to make V skeptical or canny, it feels more like the game is asking me do you want to see this content or not, and that's not a fun thing to be asked, as a player. The only real option is to let V be a sucker for everybody, knowing that I'm going to survive and might be able get even at some point after I've played through the quest. There is exactly one minor quest that seems explicitly designed to reward V for not playing along with a guy who literally accosts him on the street. Feels bad, man.

Also I want to state for the record that if Refused are meant to be the ringers for Johnny's band, that's mortifying, and also, very ironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Zaphod42 posted:

It seems like they retconned it, but one of the more interesting things from the latter editions of the ttrpg was that Bartmoss released a really nasty AI info-virus onto the net that slowly populated the net with subtle deep fake variations of existing media, to the point where people started to lose track of their shared history. Stuff like video evidence of Dewey defeating Truman and being sworn in, or versions of Kazan! where Sinbad played the genie. The internet starts being a lot less fun and useful when two people can click on the same Wikipedia article link and get radically different results.