Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Falcon and the Snowman is almost too insane to believe

I watched the movie with Sean Penn after hearing this episode and it's amazing how much stuff makes it in. Recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was on a few other times

The Reagan 2 parter with Patton is fantastic

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did Dave delete his Twitter? I noticed he hadn't been tweeting and then I did a search and I'm not seeing his account coming up at all.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did Dave delete his Twitter? I noticed he hadn't been tweeting and then I did a search and I'm not seeing his account coming up at all.

https://twitter.com/notahotcommie/status/1341880585397149698

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's probably better for him because he was having a lot of meltdowns on there

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah. Still gonna miss his tweets though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I agree but it was starting to get to the point where I was concerned for him

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I feel the same way honestly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's probably better for him because he was having a lot of meltdowns on there

yeah. dude stared into the whole to long. you do need to actually take breaks from poo poo and his personality wouldn't let him, glad he had the strength to quit for awhile.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. dude stared into the whole to long. you do need to actually take breaks from poo poo and his personality wouldn't let him, glad he had the strength to quit for awhile.

He's always come back before. I remember him "leaving twitter" (or maybe facebook) back during the Walking the Room days, too. Even if it just means "taking a break for a while," it's probably for the best. There's a reason he called his album "Hothead," after all.

I know a few other people here listen to West Wing Thing. Does anyone else want Star Trek Thing to be its own... thing, rather than a one-off joke? I would absolutely listen to that regularly. I know there are like a hundred and twenty Star Trek podcasts already, but none hosted by Dave Anthony and Josh Olson.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would definitely listen to their Star Trek podcast.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He is incredibly online and will not be able to resist coming back.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
He has instagram comment section to still reply too.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would definitely listen to their Star Trek podcast.

Never watched any of the original shows but I would listen to this

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dave showed up back on Twitter today

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hope is restored!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He is incredibly online and will not be able to resist coming back.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Dave showed up back on Twitter today

Lmao.

Social media is a hell of a drug.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/daveanthony

lmao dollop daddy's account is gone what did he do

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's tough, on one hand it's Twitter so maybe he said gently caress to a politician or celeb, but on the other hand it's Dave so maybe he said he was going to shoot himself in the head as a response to something he saw.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's not saying suspended. He probably just deleted it again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

it's tough, on one hand it's Twitter so maybe he said gently caress to a politician or celeb, but on the other hand it's Dave so maybe he said he was going to shoot himself in the head as a response to something he saw.

He probably started screaming again and garfy had to delete the account for him again after he was sedated.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Goast posted:

https://twitter.com/daveanthony

lmao dollop daddy's account is gone what did he do

He deleted it, said he was tired of seeing the same depressing poo poo all the time. He'll be back in a couple of months.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Probably less than that, given he deleted his Twitter a week or so ago, then came back, then apparently deleted it again.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
He said on the latest West Wing Thing that he has a separate twitter just to follow news. No way he doesn't seem the comments and what not
And he is still on Instagram. Comments there every so often he responds to

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He's back again

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1345834491428786181?s=20

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol one time Bill Burr said an incredibly dumb thing about women and I made fun of him on Twitter and Dave got mad “you don’t know him he is not a misogynist. He is my friend.”

Lol, oh Dave!

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 3, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dave's just mad because a dollop called "Bean Dad" would be fantastic but he can't do it about a friend.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol Bean Dad has a zillion racist tweets cool friend Dave.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dave: 'Now is definitely the time to stan for a guy who made his 9 year old daughter not eat for 6 hours because he was forcing her to figure out how to use a can opener'

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It’s going as well as can be expected:

Edit: profoundly hateful poo poo from only 7 years ago is precisely something Dave would bring up about someone else’s character.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yikes

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The gently caress? I just looked at the screenshots they are talking about. Roderick sounds like such a nice guy on Omnibus and definitely not like the sort of person who's say this.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tweet through it, Dave.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I've listened to Roderick on Friendly Fire (his war movie podcast), which includes the two guys who do the Greatest Generation Star Trek podcast, and he comes off as kind of a weird libertarian type a lot of the time

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I mostly know him from Omnibus and he and Ken just seem so nice :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I've also listened to that, but not that often because they tend to go on long tangents that take up half the episode at times.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I've also listened to that, but not that often because they tend to go on long tangents that take up half the episode at times.

That describes half of podcasts these days, or at least the ones I listen to. Whenever I find one of those, my criteria for whether or not I keep going is 50% “is the topic interesting” and 50% “do I like the hosts’ banter/chemistry enough to be entertained?” I do tend to skip a lot of Omnibus eps, though, especially since the topic is always such a grab bag.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 4, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

That describes half of podcasts these days, or at least the ones I listen to. Whenever I find one of those, my criteria for whether or not I keep going is 50% “is the topic interesting” and 50% “do I like the hosts’ banter/chemistry enough to be entertained?” I do tend to skip a lot of Omnibus eps, though, especially since the topic is always such a grab bag.
Yeah that podcast in particular it's better to just choose by topic

and yes I think a lot of good podcasts come down to how entertaining the hosts are. If they aren't very entertaining it's probably not worth it unless you really, really like the content

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1345878453518618624?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol ok.

so who the gently caress is bean man? i don't follow twitter as much as i should. like he was a weird boomer dad and than he turned out to be a weird edgelord bigot years ago and probably still is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol ok.

so who the gently caress is bean man? i don't follow twitter as much as i should. like he was a weird boomer dad and than he turned out to be a weird edgelord bigot years ago and probably still is?
John Roderick is a musician who currently does a couple of podcasts, including one with Ken Jennings.