Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Jestery posted:

If you enjoy Beef and dairy network

You may also enjoy

https://pca.st/podcast/b66dbd10-d89f-0137-1e2e-0acc26574db2

St elsewick neighbourhood association newsletter podcast

A small British town is (poorly) transitioning from a paper newsletter to podcast format

The spot the difference is difficult in an audio medium and it seems the neighbourhood of St elsewick wasn't really aware of the newsletter to begin with. It's very good

I just discovered this a couple weeks ago after watching the host in the sitcom, Man Down. I love it. It's really good.

He's also a contestant on the next series of Taskmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

that's great but where are the cat bungholes?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

For Max Fun podcasts: I would not, by and large, recommend listening to Oh No Ross and Carrie because they are really insufferable and very long winded and, but I would recommend listening to the series where the join the Church of Scientology, because it's a direct firsthand account of several weeks worth of internal Scientology seminars and audits, which is just fascinating to me.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

For Max Fun podcasts: I would not, by and large, recommend listening to Oh No Ross and Carrie because they are really insufferable and very long winded and, but I would recommend listening to the series where the join the Church of Scientology, because it's a direct firsthand account of several weeks worth of internal Scientology seminars and audits, which is just fascinating to me.

Seconding this because it is exactly what I did and it was a delight.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Very good angry energy in this weeks MBMBAM.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

There's a whole lot of podcasts that seem to join maxfun, get promoted to hell for a couple months then I never hear from again and the maxfun site scrubs all mention of them. Remember the Paula Poundstone podcast?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready to hear what these guys think rhymes with twenty-one. I'm still not over twenty-honey.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not mean, I'm chilling with war criminal George W Bush.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tears In A Vial posted:

I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready to hear what these guys think rhymes with twenty-one. I'm still not over twenty-honey.
twenty punny pun, the year of clint

twenty black hole sun

twenty bunny fun, the mcelroys make fursonas

twenty fun is gone, a nihilist year

twenty get your gun, drat this one's actually good but there's no way they'd use it

twenty phaser stun, star trek is mostly bad now

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Tears In A Vial posted:

Twenty-Twenty-Fun, enjoying your time while acknowledging others were less fortunate

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

twenty hit-and-run: all gas no brakes baby

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

what was going on in that munch squad? Hangover Crystals?

Also if anyone is genuinely interested in the basketball question, there's a thing called Scorigami which tracks scores which have never happened.

NFL: https://nflscorigami.com/
NBA: https://nbascorigami.com/
MLB: https://scorigami.danaben.net/

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 29, 2020

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Tears In A Vial posted:

Also if anyone is genuinely interested in the basketball question, there's a thing called Scorigami which tracks scores which have never happened.

NFL: https://nflscorigami.com/
NBA: https://nbascorigami.com/

Huh, interesting that there have been 73 football games with a 0-0 score but no basketball games.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

I think they were talking about Krystal, the southern version of White Castle. (They both make small hamburgers and I don't care enough to make a better comparison).

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Deeters posted:

I think they were talking about Krystal, the southern version of White Castle. (They both make small hamburgers and I don't care enough to make a better comparison).

ohh i see. i must have been zoned out when they mentioned that, i thought we were talking about healing crystals or whatever

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 29, 2020

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
A burger is sort of a meat crystal

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Charging my JO burger

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The Wonderful livestream has terrible audio sync :/

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Heh, I didn't know this about the sawbones book

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1344136615229329415?s=20

The Twitter thread goes on

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I have TikTok because my wife likes it and today my wife tagged me in a parenting duet video and the duetter was Travis on being a parent

I just felt to embarrassed to tell my wife I know who this purple haired guy was

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Tears In A Vial posted:

Heh, I didn't know this about the sawbones book

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1344136615229329415?s=20

The Twitter thread goes on

Oh my god, did they find another publisher for the paperback? I wonder if he wasn't able to talk about it before because of legal poo poo because there must have been some breach of contract issues there.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sounds like it, just going off his next tweet in the thread that calls them their "publishers at the time".

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

I have TikTok because my wife likes it and today my wife tagged me in a parenting duet video and the duetter was Travis on being a parent

I just felt to embarrassed to tell my wife I know who this purple haired guy was

Travis on TikTok is some of the most embarrassing “old person trying to be young and cool like the kids” social media presence that I’ve seen in a long long time.

He’s been killing it on MBMBAM though.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Stroop There It Is posted:

I really love Mission to Zyxx but can't stand the second episode. I suggest skipping that one.

I almost dropped Zyxx because the first seasons' constant meanness to Pleck as its only real comedy didn't jive with me. I'm glad I didn't give up, though, because it gets really good once AJ is introduced. I think Winston Noel has a good sense for when something's not working and can powerslide into good goofs.

For other Maxfun stuff, I've heard that The Flophouse is good. I actively avoided it after binging Balance and having to hear that really bad promo they cut that made them sound aggressively unfunny. A friend of mine with good taste told me that it was unrepresentative of their content, so I'm going to give it a proper shot one of these days.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

flophouse is good

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Pennsylvanian posted:

I think Winston Noel has a good sense for when something's not working and can powerslide into good goofs.
So you could also say... Beano know.

(Agreed, and the addition of AJ definitely improved the dynamic.)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
For some reason the stereo foley effects of Beano walking back and forth pat pat pat makes me laugh every time.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Pennsylvanian posted:

For other Maxfun stuff, I've heard that The Flophouse is good. I actively avoided it after binging Balance and having to hear that really bad promo they cut that made them sound aggressively unfunny. A friend of mine with good taste told me that it was unrepresentative of their content, so I'm going to give it a proper shot one of these days.

For anyone interested in checking it out, the Food Fight episode is a classic. I love any time they do an animated movie because the ones they pick are so, so bonkers.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

showbiz_liz posted:

For anyone interested in checking it out, the Food Fight episode is a classic. I love any time they do an animated movie because the ones they pick are so, so bonkers.

The Oogieloves episode is really, really fun as well.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99up-pSHdnQ

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pennsylvanian posted:

The Flop House is really good if you like goofs on bad movies, and their Facebook Group, as a bonus, is mostly full of regular adults that like to talk about movies.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Sounds like TAZ is still a shitshow and honestly I forgot it existed it's been so long since they updated.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Shoutout to Stop Podcasting Yourself, one of the most consistently pleasant/funny “two white dudes talking” podcasts.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

Shoutout to Stop Podcasting Yourself, one of the most consistently pleasant/funny “two white dudes talking” podcasts.

I haven’t listened but I would say their ad is one of the better ones that pop up time to time. It’s silly and not annoying.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Roach Warehouse posted:

Oh yeah, I love them. A good entry point for them is any of the Paul F Tompkins episodes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

showbiz_liz posted:

Oh yeah, I love them. A good entry point for them is any of the Paul F Tompkins episodes.

PFT is pretty great in everything he's in, but he also developed a pretty good rapport with them from pretty much the first episode he did. If you listen to his episodes and like the guys, also look into episodes with Alicia Tobin and Charlie Demers.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Pennsylvanian posted:

For other Maxfun stuff, I've heard that The Flophouse is good.

If you only listen to one.

Bonus points for being one of, if not the, least-twee John Hodgman recordings ever.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Inkspot posted:

If you only listen to one.

Bonus points for being one of, if not the, least-twee John Hodgman recordings ever.

This episode is great. Hodgman did another episode (1941, I believe) a while after this, and, while I love John, he was insufferable.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

TL posted:

This episode is great. Hodgman did another episode (1941, I believe) a while after this, and, while I love John, he was insufferable.

Is that the one where he started making music with his voice to “play people off” because he’d had enough of podcasting for the day?

Between that, the Travis ep and the April Wolfe bad audio ep, The Flop House has a great record for guests I usually like having quite bad episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What baffles me is how Max Fun keeps adding all these podcasts with razor thin premises that they keep around for years hosted by people I've never heard of. Like McElroy content I can understand because they joined up early and grew their franchise over a decade, but how does "I saw a dog today" or "talking about Star Trek" get approved as a pitch? Why are there like 6 or 7 shows talking about movies? I wonder if they only approve people they know, or if these are actually the best pitches they get.