Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Chelsea are out of sorts right now but Ziyech, Silva, Mendy and Chilwell are not the problem. Havertz and Werner are the ones struggling and Lampard absolutely needs to figure out how to get them integrated into the side, but they're also young players in their first season in England

Chelsea's spending is pretty similar to Man Utd in that both teams had squads full of aging players, players that didn't fit, young players with potential, and flops. I think it's too soon to say who spent better, but I will point out that Chelsea sold Hazard and Morata, let Pedro and William leave, and will likely sell Jorginho, Marcos Alonso, Rudiger, Batshuayi, Zappacosta and Bakayoko. Those balance out the spending and also are transfers that pretty much everyone agrees with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wooger posted:

What even are the rules on postponement vs just carrying on with a few players missing?

one article I read said that you can only ask for a postponement if you have fewer than 14 players fit to play, so maybe City are claiming that their entire squad might have been infected and they couldn't field 14 players without potentially infecting Everton players

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s weird they haven’t released who it is. They did last week

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't get Everton's angle -- did they want the game to go ahead? Just so they could play against a weakened City squad?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
That's absolutely what they want

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I don't get Everton's angle -- did they want the game to go ahead? Just so they could play against a weakened City squad?

You've cracked the code.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Vegetable posted:

Can you blame them? It's not their fault Walker can't stop hosting orgies with team mates.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

It’s weird they haven’t released who it is. They did last week

It's considered personal medical information and will only be released if the players/staff concent. Theres been rumours of quite a few Liverpool players having had the rona already without it being made public.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Their angle is probably that the schdeule is already turbofucked and they'd like to at least be kept in the loop before its hosed even further

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It seems very short-sighted for Everton to want the game to go ahead. If City has that many players exposed, there's every chance the remaining players/staff will infect the Everton team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vegetable posted:

They showed up to get 3 points without having to do anything. Juventus did the same thing earlier against Napoli but have had it overturned and now they'll have to play the match anyway. I imagine the same thign will happen here except not getting the three points by default.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

CyberPingu posted:

Can you blame them? It's not their fault Walker can't stop hosting orgies with team mates.

exactly what i imagine the 'team bonding' training session is in fm

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

bewbies posted:

Today I learned that not only are Rangers a team again, but they've won 18 of 20 games scoring 54 goals and allowing 5. Also Steve Gerrard is involved somehow

So is Gary McAllister. In all comps it’s 26 in 31, 85:16. It’s loving awesome.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Athletic are saying City had three players test positive. I dunno what is required for quarantine, etc, but it feels like other teams have had to play under similar conditions.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

blue footed boobie posted:

The Athletic are saying City had three players test positive. I dunno what is required for quarantine, etc, but it feels like other teams have had to play under similar conditions.

Didn't everyone figure that big clubs would be afforded a ton more leeway in terms of the number of players required to quarantine and whether they could postpone games?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blinkz0rz posted:

Didn't everyone figure that big clubs would be afforded a ton more leeway in terms of the number of players required to quarantine and whether they could postpone games?

Sure but whatever they’re doing they should be applying it equally across all teams, although I obviously don’t know what happened here.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I suspect that Newcastle game being postponed gave them the cover they needed.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I quite like west brom but I'm glad Leeds gave them a shoeing so I don't have to read 9001 full colour photos of big sam's big smug face because he out-tacticed bielsa

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Shrapnig posted:

You've cracked the code.

Don't forget the 2000 gate fees since it seems likely fans will be disallowed on Merseyside soon enough

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

2 week break after tonight innit now?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

2 week break after tonight innit now?

Matches all weekend mate.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The commentators in the United game said summat about it being cancelled for lockdown v5.69

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Chelsea are out of sorts right now but Ziyech, Silva, Mendy and Chilwell are not the problem. Havertz and Werner are the ones struggling and Lampard absolutely needs to figure out how to get them integrated into the side, but they're also young players in their first season in England

Chelsea's spending is pretty similar to Man Utd in that both teams had squads full of aging players, players that didn't fit, young players with potential, and flops. I think it's too soon to say who spent better, but I will point out that Chelsea sold Hazard and Morata, let Pedro and William leave, and will likely sell Jorginho, Marcos Alonso, Rudiger, Batshuayi, Zappacosta and Bakayoko. Those balance out the spending and also are transfers that pretty much everyone agrees with.

Playing Werner as a winger seems dumb. Wasn't he part of a front 2 when he scored all those goals for Leipzig?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

lol net spend

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don’t like festive fixtures, yall.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

tao of lmao posted:

:chloe:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tao of lmao posted:

Me neither.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I like festive fixtures when the big boy managers have a massive cry about having to slightly rotate their team of immaculate golden gods the safety of the players

Otherwise just give me a game on boxing day and new years day and I'd be set

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

My paper thin team can’t handle 3 games in 8 days.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Spurs-Fulham is postponed due to Covid in the Fulham squad

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

So Burneley are the newest members of the American owners club: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55495853

Anyone know anything about ALK Capital or if it will be anything but absolute doom for Burnley?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
steve bruce is doing a great job and newcastle fans should stfu and be thankful for him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

He got a point against Liverpool. Who gives a poo poo about the stats tbh.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

He got a point against Liverpool. Who gives a poo poo about the stats tbh.

If only the season was decided by one freak result.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

greazeball posted:

So Burneley are the newest members of the American owners club: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55495853

Anyone know anything about ALK Capital or if it will be anything but absolute doom for Burnley?

Odd choice for someone looking in from abroad to go for Burnley imo, you’d expect literally any club in a major city to be a better buy long term.

Or at least one not surrounded by bigger clubs in all directions.

I guess being in the premier league + being for sale for cheap is enough, but the potential in Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham, Bristol must be higher.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sassassin posted:

If only the season was decided by one freak result.

If only games were decided on scores and not stats

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

steve bruce is doing a great job and newcastle fans should stfu and be thankful for him

You’re a point off of being in the top 10 if you win your game in hand with an absolute dogshit squad. Bruce is probably doing a better job than he should.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wooger posted:

Or at least one not surrounded by bigger clubs in all directions.

Are you thinking of the same Burnley which is a 40 minute trip to Manchester, Leeds, and Liverpool?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1344662026690424837?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

He's missing Villa, City, and Watford