Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
So what kind of team is everyone running? My best time so far has been 58 seconds with ning, xiangling, childe and bennet. 50% of the time I kill him in the first round, if not he is at 10% hp and I brute force it before he is down again.

I think a proper vaporize comp should be able to 1 shot him at wl7, but I haven't managed to pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sammus posted:

This boss is a bitch, but once you get into a groove with a good team, it's fairly easy. Good healers are absolutely mandatory.

Do we know what the crowns do yet?

Level 10 skill item.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sammus posted:

This boss is a bitch, but once you get into a groove with a good team, it's fairly easy. Good healers are absolutely mandatory.

Do we know what the crowns do yet?

Crowns are used to level a talent to 10 along with a truly hilarious amount of skill books.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

AParadox posted:

So what kind of team is everyone running? My best time so far has been 58 seconds with ning, xiangling, childe and bennet. 50% of the time I kill him in the first round, if not he is at 10% hp and I brute force it before he is down again.

I think a proper vaporize comp should be able to 1 shot him at wl7, but I haven't managed to pull it off.
Lv90 Keqing elec goblet + phys from aquila, 80 Fischl, 70 Xiangling, 70 Bennett (has the event sword)
no food

keqing charge attacks go brrrrr

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Flair posted:

having enough damage in the first place is the prerequisite you have to clear before you focus on other priorities that require resin.

This also got brought up, but it was in the middle of a big stream theorycrafting stuff instead of in a youtube thumbnail so no one heard it. :v:

It's kind of funny for me because I really liked his MHW coverage and then a short way in he had to add a big "PLAY HOW YOU WANT" disclaimer to everything. That game had a really weird divergence, probably due to the wider base, that earlier games didn't have. People got really weird about seeing numbers that might suggest their nothing-but-defense builds were bad.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
That cryo regisvine fight would be great if it was just a little bit more forgiving, so much of it is like "no you're exactly one third of a second behind where you should be you're dead now bye", i think i'm gonna give them a day or so to see if they're gonna tune it a little.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I think one of the biggest problems is the indicators for when the nuke is coming blend into the background. so there's white text on a white blue/white background for status messages and the icon pointing to the crystal is basically the same color as the ice. and your screen gets clouded up with blue/white around the edges. bad loving day to go to WL7, lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AParadox posted:

I generally do it in 1 min ~10 secs at WL7 with Ning/Xiangling/Fish/Bennett but that's a bit inflated since I charge Xiangling's burst back up on the slimes after every try.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Gyoru posted:

Lv90 Keqing elec goblet + phys from aquila, 80 Fischl, 70 Xiangling, 70 Bennett (has the event sword)
no food

keqing charge attacks go brrrrr

How? it takes me about 30 seconds to even start the fight and between 12-15 seconds to break the corolla with bennet and xiang. I'm probably doing something wrong in the first phase.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Another thing to grind.

Well ,got the third update to my sword this morning... and realized it says "for the duration of the event". Dammit, I wanted a kick rear end region destroying sword

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

AParadox posted:

How? it takes me about 30 seconds to even start the fight and between 12-15 seconds to break the corolla with bennet and xiang. I'm probably doing something wrong in the first phase.
Keqing can jump to each slime with her warp slash, which saves time compared to other carry comps I've tried.

Once the boss is vulnerable:
Benny Q + E - > Xiang Q + E -> Fish E -> Keqing Q (iframing the first slam + breaking the corolla) + E to infuse then spam charge attacks

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My best clear. WL7 solo, Xiangling/Amber/Fischl/Bennett.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Gave co-op a go since I'm nowhere near those ^^^ solo clear times, but yeesh. Didnt seem like the people I matched with were terrible, just feels like the fight is overtuned for co-op?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

valuum posted:

Gave co-op a go since I'm nowhere near those ^^^ solo clear times, but yeesh. Didnt seem like the people I matched with were terrible, just feels like the fight is overtuned for co-op?

overtuned as in too hard for coop or overtuned as in designed for coop?

Was going to hit up goons later since I hate grinding

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Too unforgiving in coop, way easier in single-player. Then again I might've joined a higher WL, didnt check.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Coop is wayyy harder than single player

- more and harder adds
- more enemy hp and incoming damage
- you can't e.g. diona shield your dps and go to town since everyone's their own separate character
- healing/shielding in general is a shitshow
- things are much buggier with stuff happening like the dome crystal not spawning at all

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
aw, poo poo :(

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

I got it down to 49s with Razor/Xiangling/Bennett/Qiqi at WL7. I feel like the rewards should have been doubled for this event segment given how much longer each run takes, even when things go well

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

So, um, what is the magic unexplained secret? I can get it down to ~60% on the first cycle, then soak the first freeze in a shield, then on the second freeze there's no shield.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Mailer posted:

So, um, what is the magic unexplained secret? I can get it down to ~60% on the first cycle, then soak the first freeze in a shield, then on the second freeze there's no shield.

you can shoot the head with Amber while you're in the ice bubble to stun it again

edit: oh i thought you meant the secret to killing it quickly. yeah i've always had shields spawn for me, your instance is probably bugged

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 31, 2020

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I'm having no issues killing the boss, but still can't get the stupid hit-it-10-times-with-red-shards thing. I have pumped 20+ into it multiple times and it never works. Does it only count during a particular phase or something?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mailer posted:

I always had the second shield spawn. There wasn't always a notification though. If it's not spawning for you there's no secret, it's just glitched.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh, and happy birthday Zhongli, you old himbo :shobon:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1344493482866593795?s=20

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

you can shoot the head with Amber while you're in the ice bubble to stun it again

Strangely, it doesn't seem to register on Diluc damage. Do you need Amber to shoot the initial base corolla? I can ult and then die as Diluc to an invisible aoe before the flower goes down. It probably doesn't help that I'm running low on res items and the Mondstadt food lady aborts the conversation immediately while the Liyue food vendor doesn't even have a prompt. This persists across multiple restarts and my god towers are drained from healing.

I guess I lose at GI or something.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

nessin posted:

Other than Bennett and Sucrose the advantage gained by leveling a support past A4 60 is pretty small unless you've got artifacts to go with them. Sure it's going to have some benefit but not worth sacrificing building artifacts or leveling other supports to A4 60.

What's the benefit (Bennetfit) for them to keep going past 60/70 as supports?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Mailer posted:

Strangely, it doesn't seem to register on Diluc damage. Do you need Amber to shoot the initial base corolla? I can ult and then die as Diluc to an invisible aoe before the flower goes down. It probably doesn't help that I'm running low on res items and the Mondstadt food lady aborts the conversation immediately while the Liyue food vendor doesn't even have a prompt. This persists across multiple restarts and my god towers are drained from healing.

you have to go into the co-op screen and go back to single-player to talk to any of the NPCs. it's a weird system--basically it's a single-player co-op instance where you can't pause or talk to NPCs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mailer posted:

You have to leave co-op mode to talk to people (by going to the co-op menu and returning to single player - not intuitive UI at all). Although if you restarted your game that should also reset your state.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The A4/16 leveling is just the sweet spot for damage/xp. Like it's better to have your carry at 80 with 16 artifacts instead of 90 with 20's because you get comparatively more dmg from being able to have your support at 60 with 16's. But once you get there on everyone, you'll still get good results raising everyone including supports.

Like XQ is an amazing vaporize support at level 1, but you add a lot of damage going to A4. Going even higher gets it even nuttier.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Heran Bago posted:

What's the benefit (Bennetfit) for them to keep going past 60/70 as supports?

Elemental reactions like overloaded scale based on EM and Level only. Bennet 60 ascended has 60 less base attack than level 90, which he can pass on with his Q. You get some diminishing returns, but at a certain point you have your carry maxed and leveling everyone else makes some sense. If you're constantly rotating new people through then maybe not. It depends on your needs and goals. If Bennett is your favourite character then maxing him out in every way makes sense. When people talk about the 60/70 I always assume it's a baseline until your resources start to accumulate at higher ARs and you have some to spare.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
The best I've got before running out of stuff to buy

Mailer posted:

I've had this happen too except it was the first shield that didn't spawn and I proceeded to loose everyone but venti, at least it got me probably the longest non intentional clear time of 9:47.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 13, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

No Wave posted:

You have to leave co-op mode to talk to people (by going to the co-op menu and returning to single player - not intuitive UI at all). Although if you restarted your game that should also reset your state.

It doesn't. I eventually managed to get into that state, but the next run in was very much the same instant death while dashing for the shield. The shields definitely spawned, but not fast enough to allow for getting to them unless you guessed correctly which direction they were in before the aoe of death kicked in. Then I have to go back and juggle Barbara around to heal up and have ults again for the fight. It really feels like I'm missing some mechanic you're supposed to know offhand to suddenly break everything.

Edit: I'm alt-F4ing just to avoid the healing expense from regenning an entire team. No idea if there's a hint in the pre-fight snippet because it automatically closes instantly. Is it grabbing shards to deal like 10x damage or something? Right now it's just beat on a flower, have it kill my carry while he's dashing to the shield, then killing the game.

Edit2: Got it. Grab shards, alt-F4 if not lucky on shield positioning or it bugs out telling you where it will be. Having that indicator was an amazing difference.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 31, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh, and happy birthday Zhongli, you old himbo :shobon:

I'm curious if the message is different if you haven't finished the plot in Liyue, because some of that stuff is uh, pretty specific. Guessing not, since even if it did change there's no way for it to make sense if you haven't met Zhongli yet.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Elemental reactions like overloaded scale based on EM and Level only. Bennet 60 ascended has 60 less base attack than level 90, which he can pass on with his Q. You get some diminishing returns, but at a certain point you have your carry maxed and leveling everyone else makes some sense. If you're constantly rotating new people through then maybe not. It depends on your needs and goals. If Bennett is your favourite character then maxing him out in every way makes sense. When people talk about the 60/70 I always assume it's a baseline until your resources start to accumulate at higher ARs and you have some to spare.

Thanks, good info.

I'm hanging on to a lot of books from the meteor event still. Biggest bottleneck is the artifacts. It's going to a while until I have two teams at +8 5* artifacts.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 31, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tsyni posted:

Pretty much, my personal philosophy (I'm at AR52) is:

1) Make sure people you use are 60/70
2) Get People you use a +16 set they like with good main stats (good substats are good if you can pick but focus on the big ticket)
3) Shore up talents to 6/6
4) Start going past that, balancing levelling weapons (with your ore supply) and characters
4a) Prioritise carries, reaction causers (for overload/electrocharge/swirl) and people you want to spend talent materials on.
5) Once the above is safe, then i'll enter artifact substat RNG hellgrind

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Thank you! Getting it down right after the first bubble now!

e: i'm such a terrible aimer though

valuum fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 31, 2020

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I wish I had a responsible method of caring for all my character's development. My daily Resin use is basically:

1. Ningguang charge attack does 15k, which is almost 16k, so time to farm better artifacts for her
2. repeat 1 until number is higher.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Stormgale posted:

Pretty much, my personal philosophy (I'm at AR52) is:

1) Make sure people you use are 60/70
2) Get People you use a +16 set they like with good main stats (good substats are good if you can pick but focus on the big ticket)
3) Shore up talents to 6/6
4) Start going past that, balancing levelling weapons (with your ore supply) and characters
4a) Prioritise carries, reaction causers (for overload/electrocharge/swirl) and people you want to spend talent materials on.
5) Once the above is safe, then i'll enter artifact substat RNG hellgrind
That sounds about right. The substat hellgrind isn't really worth it since it's completely loving rigged but there's not much else to do I guess. I would suggest not bothering with getting anyone to 80/90 (at least outside maybe a primary carry) until AR55 just because you get 5* Gladiator/Wanderer every time at WL8 and if you're gonna have to farm world bosses dozens of times per ascension you may as well get a crack at decent artifacts for it.

In terms of how best to spend resin when you are doing artifact hellgrinds it's probably best to go after the Noblesse dungeon, since you'll have way more supports than DPS and Noblesse is at least tolerable on all of them, and a Noblesse 2pc isn't even that bad on a lot of carries (I think you also get Scholar which can be a decent piece for energy-hungry supports). The new domain is also alright since both sets are good, provided you have a Hydro and Cryo character to benefit from them. I've dumped a lot into the Crimson Witch domain and it's just hideous doing one domain for one character and having 99% of everything be completely pointless. May as well stick with 90-95% pointless and salvage weird pieces like HP% for supports that can benefit.

I do think weapons are worth it. Whether they're worth taking past 70/80 or 80/90 just kinda depends on how many weapons you still have to raise, but like with characters at some point you'll get all the weapons you use regularly to those points and it starts to make sense to level them. Ore not costing resin makes it easier to justify pushing a weapon to max I think; they do cost mora but I think weapons cost less cash than most other stuff for better returns.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Nice, when I started the fourth clear the flower just didn't bother spawning a weak point at all and just kept either spinning around or summoning a shitload of exploding ice spikes everywhere. I think I'm going to drop this until they give it another patch or two.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Crimson witch for Diluc is by far the most upsetting thing to grind because it's a 4-piece for an important character and nobody else wants much of it (Xiangling and Klee only want 2 pieces, Bennett doesnt want it at all). Even hydro domain is less tilting because the other set is usable unlike Lavawalkers. Crimson Witch is also the longest most suck domain with no fun parts.

Farming Venerer is ok because you're less invested in the stats and more than one character wants the 4-set so nothing green is really going to waste. Noblesse you can use pretty much anything you find. Thunderfury you generally only want 2-sets and it drops fewer trash 4 stars than crimson/noblesse. Geo you can use both Bolide and Petra 2 pieces (though its also obnoxiously long).

In general I dont even find artifact farming upsetting outside of exactly crimson witch 4 piece farming which makes me really mad.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Crusher posted:

I wish I had a responsible method of caring for all my character's development. My daily Resin use is basically:

1. Ningguang charge attack does 15k, which is almost 16k, so time to farm better artifacts for her
2. repeat 1 until number is higher.

Have you considered building supports that increase Ning's numbers? like bennett