Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MightyBigMinus posted:

i saw a documentary on this once and it produces extremely manic mentally diminished redheads

so lets called it mixed at best

you saw a documentary on what, exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

indigi posted:

you saw a documentary on what, exactly

technically it was about a DJ

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81020839?trackId=14277281&t=936

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/parentiVEVO/status/1344455831077715969?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol what's word play

https://twitter.com/midmerch/status/1344679172283645952

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Learning about that nasty fermented fish sauce the romans ate: free

Going to therapy: very expensive

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Hmmmm she's making learning about ancient Rome sound very appealing

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

indigi posted:

how do you slow down

You use a two part sail. The larger part detaches from the cargo to reflect the lasers at the cargo sail and provide braking thrust. The detached part then goes off into deep space and is never seen again.

This relies on the earth-orbital infrastructure remembering you still exist 60 years after launch and still being able to function at that point.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Mike Duncan, twitter therapist

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Speleothing posted:

The detached part then goes off into deep space and is never seen again.

god i wish that was me

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1344592936177176577?s=21

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

imagine having to move to a foreign land because your failson utterly destroyed your native nation with his antics. ultimate failson mode.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

i guess waiving your hands around like that is an inherited disorder

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There is literally nothing down there. It's a gigantic desert because there is almost 0 sunlight, which means absolutely no biological resources. Even if you were to find some precious metals, it would take an obscene amount of resources to transport them to the surface because gold is loving heavy.

this is actually wrong on both counts: there's several multinational corporations lining up to mine the ocean floor for rare earth nodules that form thanks to the pressure there (and are ever increasing in value thanks to waste and consumption), and we're pretty sure it's gonna gently caress up aquatic ecosystems but nobody is willing to stop them, as usual, because profit. Nature article

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the hated turk

THS
Sep 15, 2017

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pieces of Peace posted:

this is actually wrong on both counts: there's several multinational corporations lining up to mine the ocean floor for rare earth nodules that form thanks to the pressure there (and are ever increasing in value thanks to waste and consumption), and we're pretty sure it's gonna gently caress up aquatic ecosystems but nobody is willing to stop them, as usual, because profit. Nature article

gold rush!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

gold rush!

im the tiny blue hole in the middle of the south China sea

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

uber_stoat posted:

gold rush!

whose exclusive economic zone surrounds Antarctica

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

indigi posted:

whose exclusive economic zone surrounds Antarctica

nominally it's off limits to everyone but we'll see how that shakes out in the coming years, i suppose.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

There is literally nothing down there. It's a gigantic desert because there is almost 0 sunlight, which means absolutely no biological resources. Even if you were to find some precious metals, it would take an obscene amount of resources to transport them to the surface because gold is loving heavy.

"the ocean floor is devoid of resources and there's no way to bring them up to the surface"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

THS
Sep 15, 2017

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

A Russian troll farm posted:

Learning about that nasty fermented fish sauce the romans ate: free

Going to therapy: very expensive

My friend, trying to perfect garum at home will cost you more than you can imagine. It will take everything from you and leave you a hollow, bitter husk of the person you once were

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i say swears online posted:

would you rather

guantanamo bay is closed immediately

guantanamo bay is closed in 2047 when hillary clinton is compassionately released

She gonna be getting a super duper adrenochrome fix in there or something? Otherwise she will probably be underground and half way to dedication by then

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

BallerBallerDillz posted:

My friend, trying to perfect garum at home will cost you more than you can imagine. It will take everything from you and leave you a hollow, bitter husk of the person you once were

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

not a problem im already a hollow husk of a person #lifehacks

THS
Sep 15, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

you can just buy it

e: or this one

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Dec 31, 2020

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I always imagined it more as a goop than an oil or syrup. I guess you learn something new every day

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

But is it as good as worcestershire sauce

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
worcestershire sauce is too sweet for a lotta things

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hey man, It's New Years eve.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dongicus posted:

this is just sad

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dongicus posted:

and here you are, repeating a gimmick that was pretty dumb the first time around

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

yall never seen/used fish sauce for cooking?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1344736665844109312?s=20

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

my dad gave me a cool thing he found, someone’s lovingly crafted working guillotine model with a nasty 1/8” thick steel blade. Didn’t know where to post this so here:

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Snowy posted:

my dad gave me a cool thing he found, someone’s lovingly crafted working guillotine model with a nasty 1/8” thick steel blade. Didn’t know where to post this so here:

Great for circumcisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Snowy posted:

cut the tops off of carrots