Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Is Aces & Eights crunchy enough for you? Gun combat is measured in tenth-of-a-second segments and the game also has rules for cattle drives and prospecting.

Real appreciators of gravel-like crunch play FATAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Caesar Saladin posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/kmnszh/applying_sunscreen_a_visiblelight_vs_uvlight/

so many people in this comment section of people complaining about how sjws are gonna complain about this gif and say its racist, however there are literally zero people saying that this gif is racist, none of them at all, not even one

its like the theoretical screeching SJW who barely exists anymore has infiltrated their thought patters and is now perpetually part of their inner monologue and how they contextualise things.

To be fair "the kind of dumbshit redditor who likes funko pop and elon musk" has similarly poisoned my own brain

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Pvt.Scott posted:

Is Aces & Eights crunchy enough for you? Gun combat is measured in tenth-of-a-second segments and the game also has rules for cattle drives and prospecting.

:yeeclaw: let's gooooooo :yeeclaw:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1344602902430687233?s=19

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

holy poo poo
i swear not even 4chan ever had it this bad, not so concentrated. i was there 15 years before breaking, and you'd see stuff like that on /pol/ as a throwaway comment, but 30k people all getting together to talk about only that? that would have been chased off.
redditors will defend this by saying "don't go to those parts then" - yeah me not going there is going to make a real positive difference to the world sure

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Yellow Yoshi posted:

holy poo poo
i swear not even 4chan ever had it this bad, not so concentrated. i was there 15 years before breaking, and you'd see stuff like that on /pol/ as a throwaway comment, but 30k people all getting together to talk about only that? that would have been chased off.
redditors will defend this by saying "don't go to those parts then" - yeah me not going there is going to make a real positive difference to the world sure

Yep. That's what Reddit's system is optimized for. Someone sets up a subreddit and even if the topic is "edgy" you may have lots of semi-normal people in the mix. Then time goes by the voting system selects for the more aggressive content and the more normal people drop out. This goes on until the subreddit is full of extreme weirdos. This is apparent in any "people get their just deserts" type sub. They all turn into extreme hate subs.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
LIST: The one type of person you'll meet on reddit.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lobsterminator posted:

Yep. That's what Reddit's system is optimized for. Someone sets up a subreddit and even if the topic is "edgy" you may have lots of semi-normal people in the mix. Then time goes by the voting system selects for the more aggressive content and the more normal people drop out. This goes on until the subreddit is full of extreme weirdos. This is apparent in any "people get their just deserts" type sub. They all turn into extreme hate subs.

Missing that some of the semi normal people begin to see the awful poo poo as normal and become... I don't want to say radicalized... More like redditized.

Then it starts leaking as content on posts elsewhere.

The internet, it makes you something

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

wow

how can we make reddit do what digg did and just destroy itself overnight

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

gbs but from 2004 posted:

wow

how can we make reddit do what digg did and just destroy itself overnight

Put a reddit button on SA forums?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ikanreed posted:

Put a reddit button on SA forums?

admins pls redirect the clicking-here-makes-all-your-wildest-dreams-come-true button tia

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

:lmao:, that’s a Chris Rock line. Which he said when he was rich... So he wasn’t quite speaking out his rear end.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:lmao:, that’s a Chris Rock line. Which he said when he was rich... So he wasn’t quite speaking out his rear end.

Yep this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJmvfbDdhFg&t=145s

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

She's probably wondering why the creepy guy in the balcony keeps on staring at her.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

No no she's giving him signals

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

AnimeIsTrash posted:

She's probably wondering why the creepy guy in the balcony keeps on staring at her.

I’m getting Conspiracy Theory vibes from this

https://youtu.be/p6gos-ph7ck

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do guys like that think that everyone who looks at them wants to gently caress them?

"Person has observed my existance. That means they're interested in me"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zzulu posted:

Do guys like that think that everyone who looks at them wants to gently caress them?

they can't conceive of a non-sexual interaction with someone of the opposite sex. thats literally the only reason women exist in their minds.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Yes. When you’re used to shoe gazing and expecting no one to notice you (other than to recoil in horror), a neutral glance of disinterested curiosity from a lady is essentially a driveby blowjob (she swallowed and you’re married now).

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ironically they would probably miss it if a woman actually came on to them

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

ironically they would probably miss it if a woman actually came on to them

Based on my firsthand experience, yes.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

:respek:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Pvt.Scott posted:

:negative:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

It was this thread that had the pupper meltdown earlier right?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It's my cake day 🍰 XD

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

lobsterminator posted:

I don't remember a pupper meltdown but this photo popped out at me during the seige.

It warms my heart a couple degrees that they take such good care of the service dogs currently :kimchi:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lobsterminator posted:

aww tha widdle pupper has booties to pwotect her fwom tha domestic tewwowists

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

the hoo-mans are doing an insuwection!

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

xtal posted:

It's my cake day 🍰 XD

it's been another year since i signed up to reddit! and you know what that means...
*me and three of my closest male friends in the 25-30 age range do some sort of synchronized pose into the camera, speaking in unison*
CAKE DAAAAY!
*we all keep our mouths open in silence for several seconds while mom takes the picture*

also yes this is the place that took issue with pupper, fur baby, 'is a thing', some other terms not worth mentioning

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yellow Yoshi posted:

it's been another year since i signed up to reddit! and you know what that means...
*me and three of my closest male friends in the 25-30 age range do some sort of synchronized pose into the camera, speaking in unison*
CAKE DAAAAY!
*we all keep our mouths open in silence for several seconds while mom takes the picture*

also yes this is the place that took issue with pupper, fur baby, 'is a thing', some other terms not worth mentioning

oh yeah, the goon horror at anthropomorphism directed at out pets. can't try to bond with them, they must remain alien others that just live in our house!

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

It wasn't about anthropomorphism, it was about adults talking to other adults using toddler language

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

number 1 snake fan posted:

It wasn't about anthropomorphism, it was about adults talking to other adults using toddler language

It’s about ethics in DDLG interlocution.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

number 1 snake fan posted:

lol

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
Let’s not do this again

Please

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

pyf chonker doggo woofer puppers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Let’s not do this again

Please