Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

If Yorinobu hadn't been trying to murder his dad, he would not have sent Takemura out, and you would have almost certainly been scanned and found out. It was an all-round pretty terrible and video-gamey plan.

The only thing that changes if the heists "succeeds" is Evelyn and your crew all get murdered by Netwatch tying up loose ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I've been using my vehicle trunk stashes a lot on PC and they are linked to my apartment and each other. Personally, I never had anything go missing or any problems with it.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Bug questions regarding bossfight in mission 'Play It Safe' - Is this bugged? I've beat Oda multiple times, want to let him life, do the dialogue with Takemura, then Oda just takes 800 damage out of nowhere, his head sparks, and he dies. I'm not aware of anything that may be cause AoE damage, and I'm beating him with a revolver with the non-lethal mod - not sure what I'm doing wrong.

edit -realized my 'non-lethal gun' had some sort of DoT effect on it that may have been the culprit. Switched to some trash common with zero DOTs for the final 10% and he didn't die, in case anyone else has the same problem.

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 31, 2020

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I just found out the cute japanese girl sing pon pon poo poo. Is saying she wants to get smashed hard day and night.

:psyduck:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WarpedLichen posted:

Are vehicle stashes actually linked? As far as I can tell they don't get tied to your apartment stash so I was afraid every single vehicle had its own stash or something.

Not afaik. I know the stashes at Panam's encampment, and presumedly Judys apt (I never went back but the game said I could live there now)are not linked to the one at your own apt, which is just mind bogglingly stupid.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Crossposting from another videogame thread. I shot Fingers and obviously got the cops on me. I tried outrunning them but a couple netrunners started hacking me so I blasted them through the wall with my Quasar, which pissed the cops off even more. Running trying to find some way to escape I came up to the joytoy nearby his office, triggered the custcene, and got the heat off me. GOTY.

Also, I swear honey, I'm only watching a CGI sex scene because I was trying not to die, why are you looking at me like that?

Found the Comrade's Hammer blueprint last night and it's crazy good. Headshot damage of 4500 when most of my guns are doing like 800 on headshots, goes through like two walls, this thing is going to thoroughly gently caress over any netrunners hacking through a camera I didn't spot.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Mr. Pool posted:

The only thing that changes if the heists "succeeds" is Evelyn and your crew all get murdered by Netwatch tying up loose ends

Yeah, or by the VDB for betraying them, even though you didn't know you were betraying them. Literally the only way for V to "win" would have been to refuse to take the mission in the first place. Every possible outcome after that is just various flavors of hosed.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Dramatika posted:

Bug questions regarding bossfight in mission 'Play It Safe' - Is this bugged? I've beat Oda multiple times, want to let him life, do the dialogue with Takemura, then Oda just takes 800 damage out of nowhere, his head sparks, and he dies. I'm not aware of anything that may be cause AoE damage, and I'm beating him with a revolver with the non-lethal mod - not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Check your legendary quickhacks for any passive effects?

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah, or by the VDB for betraying them, even though you didn't know you were betraying them. Literally the only way for V to "win" would have been to refuse to take the mission in the first place. Every possible outcome after that is just various flavors of hosed.

The best play I could think of in V's shoes on the heist is: Convincing Dex to cut Evelyn out, since Dex has a much better chance to be able to move merch that spicy

Makes me wonder how Evelyn convinced Dex the first place My impression from the other gigs and side quests in the game is that Fixers have money in hand from the client to start with. Maybe they don't in some cases if the client has a really good rep? But Evelyn doesn't seem to have money or rep at all. Dex must not have any network left in Night City at all if no one could tell him that "ah yeah Evelyn is a random former Mox member, shes been a sexdoll at Clouds for years." Evenlyn did SUCH a good job of bluffing Dex that he shells out $10k of HIS OWN money to buy the flathead just for this mission! Speech level 100 ig

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that every song in the game was written for the game. I don't think I have ever seen a game that has an entire soundtrack composed by different contemporary artists that wasn't just licensed music. There even seems to be songs that reference Night City or the game directly in some way. Which is really drat cool.

My favorite is 'Friday Night Firefight' which is a reference to what CP2020 calls its combat section.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I just realized that I got cheated out of two funerals with this game. I sent Jackie to my ripper doc with the thought i could chrome him alive, and the nomad one bgged out I went to the camp after the call, and no one was out of place. :shrug:

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Axe-man posted:

I just realized that I got cheated out of two funerals with this game. I sent Jackie to my ripper doc with the thought i could chrome him alive, and the nomad one bgged out I went to the camp after the call, and no one was out of place. :shrug:

I don't think the Nomad one works for anyone tbh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You talking about the Scorpion funeral? I got that quest. You meet with Mitch in the camp and you two go off to do a proper funeral

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I guess it's great that somebody somewhere told me that double-tapping Draw Weapon will holster the weapon without opening the menu wheel, but I wish I had found out before Street Cred 50 was so far in the rear-view mirror.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Mr. Pool posted:

I don't think the Nomad one works for anyone tbh

It definitely works. After getting the texts about it, check your map and there will be a new ? side quest icon in the nomad camp. Go there to start the quest, but if you wait too long after that message the quest goes away.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Delizin posted:

It definitely works. After getting the texts about it, check your map and there will be a new ? side quest icon in the nomad camp. Go there to start the quest, but if you wait too long after that message the quest goes away.

word

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So what's the reasoning behind (act 1) Jackie's funeral not being available if you send him to the ripperdoc? I sent him to his mom in my game so I got the funeral as normal, but if you sent him to (I'm assuming) Viktor, does his body just get scooped up by scavs or something?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

DeathSandwich posted:

So what's the reasoning behind (act 1) Jackie's funeral not being available if you send him to the ripperdoc? I sent him to his mom in my game so I got the funeral as normal, but if you sent him to (I'm assuming) Viktor, does his body just get scooped up by scavs or something?

His body gets taken by arasaka

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Mr. Pool posted:

The best play I could think of in V's shoes on the heist is: Convincing Dex to cut Evelyn out, since Dex has a much better chance to be able to move merch that spicy

Makes me wonder how Evelyn convinced Dex the first place My impression from the other gigs and side quests in the game is that Fixers have money in hand from the client to start with. Maybe they don't in some cases if the client has a really good rep? But Evelyn doesn't seem to have money or rep at all. Dex must not have any network left in Night City at all if no one could tell him that "ah yeah Evelyn is a random former Mox member, shes been a sexdoll at Clouds for years." Evenlyn did SUCH a good job of bluffing Dex that he shells out $10k of HIS OWN money to buy the flathead just for this mission! Speech level 100 ig
It's never explicitly spelled out, but the game pretty much hits you over the head with the fact that Dex is a washed out gently caress up of a Fixer. Every time you drop his name in Act 1, people are like "Dex? Really? I thought he was dead." I assume that he was desperate enough to get back in the game with a big heist that he was willing to work with Evelyn for a split of the take instead of cash up front.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Talk to Viktor about it to find out.

Specifically : Arasaka goons took it.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Double jump is now something I will always make a beeline for after the prologue. Just makes traversing the city so much more fun.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's never explicitly spelled out, but the game pretty much hits you over the head with the fact that Dex is a washed out gently caress up of a Fixer. Every time you drop his name in Act 1, people are like "Dex? Really? I thought he was dead." I assume that he was desperate enough to get back in the game with a big heist that he was willing to work with Evelyn for a split of the take instead of cash up front.

Jackie sure loves him for some reason (thanks Jackie)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MadJackal posted:

Double jump is now something I will always make a beeline for after the prologue. Just makes traversing the city so much more fun.

God yes, thanks to all in the thread who recommended it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

does anyone know if they've figured out how to add specific perks via console or cheatengine? considering starting up my second playthrough soon and would like to give myself the perks to craft higher rarity things without going into tech at all.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MadJackal posted:

There's also a lot of little hidden bits and bobs you can find on the roofs of some buildings. I found a journalist who killed himself jumping from another taller building. I stole his legendary pants.

It also opens up a lot of ways to get around on missions. There's a lot of mission buildings that have ways to get in on the roof if you don't have the strength or Tech to get into the back door.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, same, being able to get up on roofs makes it a lot easier to start firefights from an angle the enemies have trouble handling. Especially since I abuse the hell out of tech weapons on this run, start a fight by breach protocol, then contagion, then dome someone through a wall.

Although on my next run I'm going full Ghostrunner so I'll be able to pry open anything.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You talking about the Scorpion funeral? I got that quest. You meet with Mitch in the camp and you two go off to do a proper funeral

Yeah i got the call, and met with him in camp, but he acted like i was just coming by to catch up with his normal dialogue.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

marshmallow creep posted:

My problem with the radios in this gamr is half the time I get in a vehicle the news is on and i can't change the channel or turn it off. The news gotta news and gently caress you if you wanted music instead.

but dude, you don't understand, it's not a mirage IT'S CLEAR OPEN SKIES GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY THE SUN.

only song I ever hear enemies listening to is that "WE ARE NOT THE SHEEP WE ARE MADE TO RULE" reminds me of something you'd hear while walking by a hot topic.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

DeathSandwich posted:

There's also a lot of little hidden bits and bobs you can find on the roofs of some buildings. I found a journalist who killed himself jumping from another taller building. I stole his legendary pants.

It also opens up a lot of ways to get around on missions. There's a lot of mission buildings that have ways to get in on the roof if you don't have the strength or Tech to get into the back door.

where was this? I found a legendary 3 slot newboy cap up on a (billboard?) scaffold at the bombed out airport that you roll through when chasing the AV crew on teh panam quest

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mr. Pool posted:

Jackie sure loves him for some reason (thanks Jackie)

Jackie is an idiot so honestly I think the whole thing makes sense

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Judging by the starter fixer missions and the monotage, i don't think it is any secret that at the start V and Jackie are small time gently caress ups, that basically just make enough so V can have a lovely apartment and a cheap used car.

So to them Dex is Mr. Big, and he knows it.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

The best piece of gear I have is a bugged hat with no description and no model, so I don't have to look at some dumb thing on my head but still get all the sweet, sweet stats.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

OctaMurk posted:

Jackie is an idiot so honestly I think the whole thing makes sense

Evelyn->Dex->Jackie->V , its idiots all the way down

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Axe-man posted:

Judging by the starter fixer missions and the monotage, i don't think it is any secret that at the start V and Jackie are small time gently caress ups, that basically just make enough so V can have a lovely apartment and a cheap used car.

So to them Dex is Mr. Big, and he knows it.

I read the codex entry for V's car, it's 50 years old, some time in the 2020s, the company that made it made it so reliable and easy to work on that they went out of business.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I'm the opposite. I'll always prefer to have a custom character in any sort of long, open world game or RPG. V not being a blank slate (i.e having a bit of their own personality and being fully voiced), but also being blank enough that it's still my character is absolutely my ideal. Playing as Geralt was one of my bigger hurdles in TW3. And I even like Geralt and understand that it's based on a book series, so there wasn't much wiggle room there. But I just don't want to play some game where I'm customizing everything from stats to appearance for 100 hours and be locked into a set protagonist. I just find it way harder to be invested in than if it's a character I got to create myself.

In more straight narrative driven, linear stuff I'm fine with or even prefer to have a set protagonist. Like, I wouldn't want to be making a custom character in tlou or God of War or anything.

"Voiced protagonist with personality wiggle room" is my flavor of choice as well. V and Commander Shepard both fit into that quite nicely for me.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mr. Pool posted:

Evelyn->Dex->Jackie->V , its idiots all the way down

Seriously though I think it is written that way intentionally. This isn't videogame logic or w.e., no, CDPR handed us a bunch of idiots because trying to pull a heist on the heir to Arasaka isn't something any smart people would have tried

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Seriously though I think it is written that way intentionally. This isn't videogame logic or w.e., no, CDPR handed us a bunch of idiots because trying to pull a heist on the heir to Arasaka isn't something any smart people would have tried

It's very much Cohen Brothers: The Capitalist Dystopia

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

Yeah, I think this is intentional and the game drops hints about it to you as well when anyone other than Jackie talks about Dex. Especially if you're corpo background, V has the opportunity to challenge Evelyn a lot in her planning and poke holes in it. The story is told from V's naive perspective and V is egged on by Jackie (who is not the most savvy character) which is why V goes along with it. Aside from the heist itself, even if it were successful, the aftermath would have been just as bad for everyone involved.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Crossposting from another videogame thread. I shot Fingers and obviously got the cops on me. I tried outrunning them but a couple netrunners started hacking me so I blasted them through the wall with my Quasar, which pissed the cops off even more. Running trying to find some way to escape I came up to the joytoy nearby his office, triggered the custcene, and got the heat off me. GOTY.

Also, I swear honey, I'm only watching a CGI sex scene because I was trying not to die, why are you looking at me like that?

Found the Comrade's Hammer blueprint last night and it's crazy good. Headshot damage of 4500 when most of my guns are doing like 800 on headshots, goes through like two walls, this thing is going to thoroughly gently caress over any netrunners hacking through a camera I didn't spot.

The first time I shot someone with Comrade's Hammer he came apart at the waist and both halves ragdolled in opposite directions. 5 minutes later one of the in game TV screens played an ad for the Burya doing exactly that. A+ gun works as advertised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

OctaMurk posted:

Someone earlier said something like oh ok so it is just a Guy Ritchie movie . But its more like a Guy Ritchie movie script directed and produced by Christopher Nolan where its all gritty and dark and serious lol .

I think the game could have been a little more fun and lighthearted but worked more or less as intended if they rewrote Act 1 so that Jackie leaves the biochip in his head, but survives in a coma, and the rest of the game is you trying to do the exact same poo poo trying to save your dear friend. Also Jackie can still talk to you on the holo, but Johnny is in his head so him and Johnny are constantly arguing and pushing each out other out of frame on the holo call