Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tsukhime gets a chuckle out of me because when Shiki is on a roll he's an absolute rear end in a top hat to whoever he's fighting (Nero, SHIKI, Roa). Once he's got the upper hand he's just a smug douche through and through. Typically while his brain is melting.

The closest Shirou gets to that is probably him mouthing off to Gilgamesh, but frankly if you have the ability to dunk on Gil you better drat do it. Those moments don't come often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From what little of tsukihime ive read shiki seems like a badass

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The Tsukihime manga is a fantastic adaption with rad fight scenes that's probably the best possible way to experience the Arcueid route. Even the stuff it mildly integrates from the other routes is well executed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/karoshimyriad/status/1344650939941019654?s=21

https://anime.fate-go.jp/fgc/

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 31, 2020

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
FGO Carnival Phantasm has the potential to be pretty much the best thing ever, so I really hope they go all in.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Tsukihime R, voiced

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ANIME IS SAVED

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/HD_Kirin/status/1344658325300940801

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm glad video games are saved too now.

Really can't wait to see what a modernized version of Tsukhime is going to be like.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

does that mean the tsukihime fanbase will stop complaining

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Holy gently caress. :stare:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Fashionably late as always

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Not until there's an anime.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Nah, they'll complain about how they changed things and how the original was way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMEuZGHbv-c

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if Remake is terrible, oh well. The original will always still be there much like how the Moon will always shine in the night sky.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I mean, long skirt Arc is superior.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Plutonis posted:

No, they will find something else to blame Fate for

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Plutonis posted:

Tsukihime fans' 「Will to Complain」 has no inherent ending, so not even Mystic Eyes of Death Perception could end it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hommando posted:

Not until there's an anime.
I'd be pretty surprised if ufotable did all those nice animated cutscenes in the trailer without a plan to do an anime tie-in at some point.

I'm curious if there'll ever be an English release for the game. Historically TM hasn't done English releases but I imagine it could do decently on the Switch considering how nice the production looks and the brand name.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Nah, they'll complain about how they changed things and how the original was way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMEuZGHbv-c

apparently the VAs cast is completely different so that's a start

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The next logical step is to complain about it never getting translated.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I expect it'll be substantially better than the original personally. Even just applying the lessons in structure that had obviously been learnt by FSN would make the game a lot stronger imo

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yaaaaaaaaaaas.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am BAFFLED at console exclusivity

what

e: also it's really funny to see that In The Moonlight is STILL the main theme, though remixed. Continuity of that jankyass old sountrack kills me.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Nate RFB posted:

The next logical step is to complain about it never getting translated.

I am already preparing myself for this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I am already preparing myself for this.

https://twitter.com/HollowMoonTL/status/1344674251668742144

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

I am BAFFLED at console exclusivity

what

In japan consoles are decidedly the "mainstream" for a VN release. If anything else they'd probably shoot for a mobile release before PC (and at least one recent success started on mobile)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In other bad news I checked the info about FGO Carnival Phantasm and discovered each "season" will be only 30 minutes. Boo, I want 24 episodes of Carnival Phantasm, not 2.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Motto posted:

In japan consoles are decidedly the "mainstream" for a VN release. If anything else they'd probably shoot for a mobile release before PC (and at least one recent success started on mobile)

Let me rephrase: I'm not actually baffle, I'm just pissed. You may add that to my list of grievances, alongside no English release of FSN, HA, or, inevitably, this.

Also that Roa redesign is kinda weird looking. I guess fusing his and SHIKI's old designs makes a certain sense but it's still weird.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Holy poo poo I was kidding about the fgo slowdown coinciding with the Remake release, what the gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

Let me rephrase: I'm not actually baffle, I'm just pissed. You may add that to my list of grievances, alongside no English release of FSN, HA, or, inevitably, this.

Also that Roa redesign is kinda weird looking. I guess fusing his and SHIKI's old designs makes a certain sense but it's still weird.

tbh that redesign was already teased in the Dantes short story

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Plutonis posted:

tbh that redesign was already teased in the Dantes short story

I know Dantes got him in Fate world (which that is still very ridiculous and great, kudos tm but I didn't know there was art associated with it, I assumed it was lore from a FGO interlude.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Since there is a 0% chance Shiki is going to retain his mind warped dating habits, I wonder what is going to replace them. I'd guess either vampiric urges or he's just gonna stay murdery.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

holy poo poo im gonna cum

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Stairmaster locking in the Near-side route.

I'm seeing speculation that this might be Arc route only, I wouldn't be surprised if the remake goes the route of the manga. I wonder if it's going to be a kinetic novel like Mahoyo.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 31, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

In other bad news I checked the info about FGO Carnival Phantasm and discovered each "season" will be only 30 minutes. Boo, I want 24 episodes of Carnival Phantasm, not 2.

drat what a loving waste, the carnival phantasm jokes for fgo write themselves they could easily do a full season of it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just give us a 45 minute ova if you're gonna pull that poo poo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lol holy poo poo this game first got teased in 2010

makes me feel better about my own projects.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stairmaster posted:

holy poo poo im gonna cum

shiki is that you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I expect it'll be substantially better than the original personally. Even just applying the lessons in structure that had obviously been learnt by FSN would make the game a lot stronger imo

I'm pretty sure this is a full on from the ground up rewrite of the story, so it'll probably be substantially different. I can't imagine Nasu just retreading the same ground.

The Near Side/Far Side split is already kind of a prototype for how drastic the FSN routes are.

Edit: I can not wait to see how a Nasu with his growth as an author deals with Tsukihime's themes.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 31, 2020